flyPIT

Re: PIT Update Discussion Thread - 2018

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 am

ConcourseZ wrote:
We don't get HQ2, Nashville gets an Ops center with 5,000 jobs and WN just announced five new routes from BNA. Been to Nashville many times. Frustrating.

Somehow I think Nashville is the biggest winner here all things considered, such as per capita comparisons.

So PIT just put this statement out about it...
https://blueskypit.com/2018/11/15/an-open-letter-to-jeff-bezos/

So childish and petty of a statement to make to a company that doesn't owe Pittsburgh anything, yet has already established a small yet rapidly growing development office.
FLYi

AaronPGH

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:52 am

Honestly, I'm relieved that Amazon isn't coming here. A lot of the tech industry is breathing a sigh of relief, because it's already hard enough to attract enough of the talent they need to fill current positions. If HQ2 had come it, would have exacerbated the problem. There was actually a really good Bloomberg article on this a few years ago, "Is Google Too Big for Pittsburgh". Behind a paywall now for some reason. It didn't used to be. Add the rising home prices to it all, and that kinda seals it for me.

I waffled back and forth, but in the end I think Pittsburgh is doing fine without. I'd rather have a lot of smaller specialty branch offices (Oculus, AI, Uber ATC) and startups here thriving than a problematic behemoth sucking all the oxygen. Pittsburgh is still a place affordable enough to quit your job and take a risk on a new project or innovative idea. I have been enabled to make a life change once already, with another coming down the pike in a year or two, hopefully. I think Amazon would have damaged that aspect of living here.

I was looking forward to forced infrastructure improvements though. Would be great if the state could get off their asses and help make that a reality regardless.

Cush

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:58 am

flyPIT wrote:

So childish and petty of a statement to make to a company that doesn't owe Pittsburgh anything, yet has already established a small yet rapidly growing development office.

Wow! What an article.... I can't believe the airport allowed that to be published.

I was 100% against Amazon coming to Pittsburgh, but this article is not necessary. We should feel grateful that we dodged a bullet with Amazon instead of writing a childish letter like that author did.
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

Gsasala

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:23 am

ConcourseZ wrote:
We don't get HQ2, Nashville gets an Ops center with 5,000 jobs and WN just announced five new routes from BNA. Been to Nashville many times. Frustrating.

The flights might be separate from Nashville getting the operation center, since Southwest operates a focus city there. But I was very upset by Amazon picking Nashville

Gsasala

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:35 am

AaronPGH wrote:
Honestly, I'm relieved that Amazon isn't coming here. A lot of the tech industry is breathing a sigh of relief, because it's already hard enough to attract enough of the talent they need to fill current positions. If HQ2 had come it, would have exacerbated the problem. There was actually a really good Bloomberg article on this a few years ago, "Is Google Too Big for Pittsburgh". Behind a paywall now for some reason. It didn't used to be. Add the rising home prices to it all, and that kinda seals it for me.

I waffled back and forth, but in the end I think Pittsburgh is doing fine without. I'd rather have a lot of smaller specialty branch offices (Oculus, AI, Uber ATC) and startups here thriving than a problematic behemoth sucking all the oxygen. Pittsburgh is still a place affordable enough to quit your job and take a risk on a new project or innovative idea. I have been enabled to make a life change once already, with another coming down the pike in a year or two, hopefully. I think Amazon would have damaged that aspect of living here.

I was looking forward to forced infrastructure improvements though. Would be great if the state could get off their asses and help make that a reality regardless.

Trust me Google, Facebook, Apple, all the other start ups would be perfectly fine if Amazon came, if anything it would have benefitted them due to the amount of new tech students. A lot of my friends who started working for Google and Facebook ended up going to Pittsburgh and they were amazed they never knew that Pittsburgh has such a big tech area. Amazon coming to Pittsburgh would have been great

acentauri

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:03 am

Gsasala wrote:
Trust me Google, Facebook, Apple, all the other start ups would be perfectly fine if Amazon came, if anything it would have benefitted them due to the amount of new tech students. A lot of my friends who started working for Google and Facebook ended up going to Pittsburgh and they were amazed they never knew that Pittsburgh has such a big tech area. Amazon coming to Pittsburgh would have been great

Would it have been great if you, as a (for example) $40-50K/year employee in a non-tech industry, had been leasing a $1000/month apartment for the past 2+ years, only to be told that (after AMZ came to PIT), your rent doubled to $2000/month ?

Gsasala

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:13 am

acentauri wrote:
Gsasala wrote:

Would it have been great if you, as a (for example) $40-50K/year employee in a non-tech industry, had been leasing a $1000/month apartment for the past 2+ years, only to be told that (after AMZ came to PIT), your rent doubled to $2000/month ?

That's not how economics work.

Lemieux

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:48 am

Personally the airport putting out that article makes me pissed. How can anyone take you seriously by putting that out there? All it’s gonna do is generate a few groans and piss off people. Childish and crass.
Full time internet idiot. A319/20/21/332/333, Boeing 733/734/738/752/753/762/763/772/773/789, CR2/7/9, de Havilland DHC-8, Embraer 140/145/175/190, MD82/88.

flyguy89

Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:32 am

Gsasala wrote:
acentauri wrote:
Gsasala wrote:

:checkmark:

The idea of skyrocketing housing costs in the major tech hubs has a whole lot more to do with supply and demand than it does with any one company bringing in lots of jobs. The major reason housing costs have ballooned in cities like San Francisco is because housing demand has so far outstripped supply (mainly because it's damned near impossible to build additional housing due to local ordinances/regulations). Seattle has seemingly seen the light on this by enabling a construction boom of additional housing and rezoning formerly single-family residential areas to higher densities, and has thus actually started to see housing costs decrease year-over-year. I can't imagine a city like Pittsburgh would have the same overly-zealous NIMBYism and stifling regulations that SF does.

acentauri

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Gsasala wrote:
acentauri wrote:
Gsasala wrote:

Huh?? That is exactly how Economics works. If Amazon brought 50K new jobs to Pittsburgh, the potential greediness of land/property owners would likely be immense. Demand for quality housing by the large number of professional/highly paid employees would almost immediately overwhelm existing availability - resulting in pushouts, remodeling and (much) higher rents. Pittsburgh would quickly turn into another Sunnyvale (California).

ConcourseZ

Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:01 pm

flyPIT wrote:
ConcourseZ wrote:

Somehow I think Nashville is the biggest winner here all things considered, such as per capita comparisons.

Certainly, the article could have been written differently. But, Pittsburgh seems to be in the running for a center of excellence, just as Nashville got. We are the hub for AI development. FedEx Ground is also here. Amazon will be using that. Plus, HQ2 never materialized, since they split the HQ decision. They are repositioning Amazon to centers that can help them become even more dominant. Seattle will see a drain in talent. We will get something, but no 50,000 jobs. Nashville was chosen because of the UPS hub. What will happen is that other cities will get a "center" based on what locally can help Amazon globally. Stay tuned.....it ain't over yet.

Cush

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:34 pm

acentauri wrote:
Huh?? That is exactly how Economics works. If Amazon brought 50K new jobs to Pittsburgh, the potential greediness of land/property owners would likely be immense. Demand for quality housing by the large number of professional/highly paid employees would almost immediately overwhelm existing availability - resulting in pushouts, remodeling and (much) higher rents. Pittsburgh would quickly turn into another Sunnyvale (California).

Agreed. I knew a number of people who own or were buying properties to fix/flip/rent for when and if Amazon came to town. Some current landlords told me they would gladly double/triple/quadruple the rent of their current units if they landed HQ2.

ncflyer

Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:08 pm

34 ish% of US population rents, and there are a million good reasons they do so, be it affordability, credit rating, don't want to deal with hassles of home ownership, in transit, who the heck knows-- heck maybe it's what they want to do just because they want to do it. . . .we are not exactly talking an obscure special interest group. . . .

Runway28L

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:54 am

A WN B738 (N8509U) operating WN1486 PIT-RSW was forced to return to Pittsburgh on Wednesday after suffering a bird strike while departing RWY 28R.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqNnQrxAro2/

Aircraft is currently parked outside of Republic's hangars as of this afternoon.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

Runway28L

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:19 pm

Pittsburgh International Airport launches aviation newsroom

https://www.passengerterminaltoday.com/ ... sroom.html

Frontier commences seasonal PIT-PBI service today. 2x weekly on an A319.

F9276 319 PIT 1210 PBI 1440
F9277 319 PBI 1525 PIT 1800

F9 is rotating the aircraft in with it's DEN flight. As a result, PIT-DEN goes from 3x weekly (Tue/Thu/Sun) to 2x weekly (Wed/Sat) until 4/30/19.
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted

JamesRenard

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 pm

http://www.flypittsburgh.com/newsroom/news-releases/passenger-traffic-up-more-than-five-percent-in-oct

Passenger numbers for Oct '18 got released: 5.1% growth compared to Oct '17, making it the 30th straight month showing an increase. No mention of international figures in the article, however.

steeler83

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 am

I noticed that the article stated the total non-stop list is 65. I guess that's due to OneJet petty much becoming "DoneJet?"
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

JamesRenard

Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:03 am

steeler83 wrote:
I noticed that the article stated the total non-stop list is 65. I guess that's due to OneJet petty much becoming "DoneJet?"

Yeah, unfortunately. Over the past twelve months, PIT gained eleven destinations but lost fourteen (nine of them were OneJet) for a net loss of three.

flyPIT

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:09 am

NK has downgraded LAX (again) to an A319. All their other PIT routes appear to be maintaining the A320 for now except FLL.
FLYi

Runway28L

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:04 pm

WN going back up to 3x daily on PIT-ATL. I think this is about where it was at right towards the end of the FL acquisition.

PIT-BNA appears to be going 2x daily for good... great to see. The route looks like it's been very successful so far.

UA also extended their schedule for April today. IAD goes back to all CRJs but IAH retains 1x daily A320. EWR showing an upgrade from a B73G > A320.

AaronPGH

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:42 pm

flyPIT wrote:
NK has downgraded LAX (again) to an A319. All their other PIT routes appear to be maintaining the A320 for now except FLL.

I would imagine they are capturing only discount travelers and are not grabbing any business travel.

flightsimer

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Runway28L wrote:
A WN B738 (N8509U) operating WN1486 PIT-RSW was forced to return to Pittsburgh on Wednesday after suffering a bird strike while departing RWY 28R.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqNnQrxAro2/

Aircraft is currently parked outside of Republic's hangars as of this afternoon.

Perfect timing then as it's now Republic/Southwest's hangar. We are subleasing space for one 737 in one of the hangars. This started On Friday.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

flyPIT

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:20 am

AaronPGH wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

I would imagine they are capturing only discount travelers and are not grabbing any business travel.

Could be just entering the winter months and it will be an A320 again next year. Then again this is PIT-LAX we are talking about so who knows.

So recent route news,
-WN thinks ORF-SAN is worth a go instead of the discontinued F9 PIT-SAN. Yes there is the Navy connection between SAN and ORF. Just like their short lived ORF-JAX flight, discontinued many years ago.
-WN is goiing 3x daily CLE-STL, while PIT-STL still remains 1x daily
-AA believes SDF-LAX is a better market than PIT-LAX

Nothing against ORF, CLE, and SDF; but some of this remains a head scratcher.
FLYi

klm617

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:56 am

Is there any rumblings about the PIT-KEF flight. I still see WOW has not loaded anything past March. My gut feeling is that once the sale to Icelandair goes through that WOW will be replaced by WOW Air as they really don't need to offer rock bottom fares out of PIT as there is really no competition outside of the 4 weekly BA flight. Icelandair can come in a get better yields by charging a bit higher fares but less than the legacy carriers but we will see how this plays out.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

ncflyer

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:09 am

I felt WOW was not wise to serve both CLE and PIT. Now that it’s one airline, I still feel the same way. I think only one of the two cities will be around in two years with KEF service, and I could make an argument for either one. For saving a lot of money, a two hour no traffic drive is nothing, just as I think BA could really draw a lot from Cleveland if they advertise properly.

AaronPGH

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:47 am

I would be happy to see WW make an exit if it meant Condor went at least 5x weekly and ran a longer season.

Runway28L

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 am

flyPIT wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:
flyPIT wrote:

Could be just entering the winter months and it will be an A320 again next year. Then again this is PIT-LAX we are talking about so who knows.

So recent route news,
-WN thinks ORF-SAN is worth a go instead of the discontinued F9 PIT-SAN. Yes there is the Navy connection between SAN and ORF. Just like their short lived ORF-JAX flight, discontinued many years ago.
-WN is goiing 3x daily CLE-STL, while PIT-STL still remains 1x daily
-AA believes SDF-LAX is a better market than PIT-LAX

Nothing against ORF, CLE, and SDF; but some of this remains a head scratcher.

Also, WN will be 6x weekly this summer instead of 1x daily last year.

I don’t think we’ll ever find out why this route struggles on every carrier imaginable. I’ll stick with my theory that the market would rather connect despite the numbers supporting a nonstop and whatever demand there is to LA is fragmented amongst other SoCal airports.

klm617 wrote:
Is there any rumblings about the PIT-KEF flight. I still see WOW has not loaded anything past March. My gut feeling is that once the sale to Icelandair goes through that WOW will be replaced by WOW Air as they really don't need to offer rock bottom fares out of PIT as there is really no competition outside of the 4 weekly BA flight. Icelandair can come in a get better yields by charging a bit higher fares but less than the legacy carriers but we will see how this plays out.

Literally nothing has been said around the airport about WW or their future here. I think it’s only a matter of time when we’ll find out what happens.

My prediction is that they stay and go summer-only. Reasons will be BA also being year-round and WW getting meh loads during wintertime.

Today’s inbound flight was 69% full on an A32N FWIW.

flybaby

Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:15 pm

flyPIT wrote:
So recent route news,

IIRC, ORF-JAX was not short-lived. It ran for about a decade, most of it as 2x daily.

G6 BTW took up this route 2x weekly last summer and it was was almost universally sold out. Currently G6 is short of equipment due to their fleet reorg but they are bringing it back next summer 3x weekly. I suspect it will do well and end up operating year-round.

flyPIT

Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:31 pm

From the OAG thread:
"NK LBE-MYR MAY 0.0>1.4[1.0] JUN 0>1.4[1.0] JUL 0>1.4[1.0] AUG 0>1.4[1.0]"
That's a pretty good increase in capacity from LBE, twice daily to MYR on some days.

Runway28L wrote:
Also, WN will be 6x weekly this summer instead of 1x daily last year.

I don’t think we’ll ever find out why this route struggles on every carrier imaginable. I’ll stick with my theory that the market would rather connect despite the numbers supporting a nonstop and whatever demand there is to LA is fragmented amongst other SoCal airports.

I think the passengers would always rather have the nonstop, but the legacies would want to have them connect unless one of them gets serious about the market. There really aren't many carriers left to give this route a shot. Pretty much only DL (our best option) and AS (unlikely).

I had a random crazy left field thought about a month ago. What about Hawaiian? Crazy thought, but consider a few things:
-They have been slowly but surely been expanding to the eastern US (first JFK, now BOS)
-They have 18 A321neo's on the way and currently use them on LIH/KOA-LAX. What about having that aircraft continue to PIT to serve LAX-PIT?
-The way the ACAA has been handing out money, Hawaiian could get an incentive to offer this service as long as it is a "direct" service onward to LIH or KOA (same plane and flight number beyond LAX). By offering an incentive for the Hawaii tag the ACAA might be able to get away without offering the same to WN and NK.
-The major tour operators could get on board

Not gonna happen, but would be so cool from an enthusiast point of view to see them other than when the Raiders are in town (if they still use Hawaiian). Fun to think about anyway.

FLYi

ctrabs0114

Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Runway28L wrote:
WN going back up to 3x daily on PIT-ATL. I think this is about where it was at right towards the end of the FL acquisition.

PIT-BNA appears to be going 2x daily for good... great to see. The route looks like it's been very successful so far.

BNA is slowly turning into a major "focus city" for WN compared to ATL. It sounds like some of the ICO options that I'm seeing are through BNA as opposed to ATL.

UA also extended their schedule for April today. IAD goes back to all CRJs but IAH retains 1x daily A320. EWR showing an upgrade from a B73G > A320.

I'm confused as to how an A320 is an upgrade over a B73G, other than seating capacity.
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA

Runway28L

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Southern Airways Express today moved ops from C52 to B41.

ctrabs0114 wrote:
I'm confused as to how an A320 is an upgrade over a B73G, other than seating capacity.

Extra 24 seats. So yes, a bit of an increase in capacity, abeit a small one.

I did forget though that the B73Gs have PTVs whereas the Airbus only has streaming.

atcsundevil

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:04 am

Just a reminder to users: this forum is for aviation discussion only. Discussion unrelated to aviation belongs in the Non Aviation Forum, as the name would imply. Non aviation comments in aviation forums are deleted, so it's in everyone's best interest that the discussion takes place in the correct forum.

✈️ atcsundevil

steeler83

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Runway28L wrote:
Southern Airways Express today moved ops from C52 to B41.

ctrabs0114 wrote:

Extra 24 seats. So yes, a bit of an increase in capacity, abeit a small one.

I did forget though that the B73Gs have PTVs whereas the Airbus only has streaming.

That's not much of an upgrade. More seats but no PTV?

I wonder if anyone will take up the space Southern Airways is leaving behind. Or is that one of the gates that will be removed once the terminal is renovated?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

AaronPGH

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 pm

Honestly I hate the UA airbus. Barely any premium seats, and they're super uncomfortable compared to the 737s. I go out of my way to avoid them when I can. Most 737s have sky interiors, better seat padding, in seat IFE, better shot at upgrades, etc.

steeler83

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 pm

AaronPGH wrote:
Honestly I hate the UA airbus. Barely any premium seats, and they're super uncomfortable compared to the 737s. I go out of my way to avoid them when I can. Most 737s have sky interiors, better seat padding, in seat IFE, better shot at upgrades, etc.

Man, that doesn't sound much better than my sole experience flying the not so friendly (and cramped as hell) skies -- which was a trip from Newark to Jacksonville ON AN ERJ145 TUNA CAN!! :crowded: :banghead:

AaronPGH

Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 pm

The UA Airbus' have incredibly hard slimline seats. IIRC, they were the first gen of slimlines installed, and got so many complaints that the designs have been tweaked since.

Gsasala

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:47 am

I see that spirit has upgraded our spirit flight from fort Lauderdale from an A320 to an A321 today

PITexpress

Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:21 pm

AaronPGH wrote:

Funny, I've felt that the worst plane I flew on was a UA 738 and avoid them when possible. It had the worst amount of legroom I've ever encountered. Though I've done a good job of avoiding United entirely thanks to their awful basic economy policy. I used to love the pmUA Airbuses, thought they had great seats. But those days are long gone. The new United seats are pretty bad. A different UA 738, which had in seat IFE, but (at the time) there was no free anything. I ended up getting 2 hours of in my face United advertising. Needless to say I wasn't thrilled.

Friarboy

Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

steeler83 wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:

Man, that doesn't sound much better than my sole experience flying the not so friendly (and cramped as hell) skies -- which was a trip from Newark to Jacksonville ON AN ERJ145 TUNA CAN!! :crowded: :banghead:

Give me the 1 seat side of an ERJ145 any day of the week.

AaronPGH

Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 pm

PITexpress wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:

Funny, I've felt that the worst plane I flew on was a UA 738 and avoid them when possible. It had the worst amount of legroom I've ever encountered. Though I've done a good job of avoiding United entirely thanks to their awful basic economy policy. I used to love the pmUA Airbuses, thought they had great seats. But those days are long gone. The new United seats are pretty bad. A different UA 738, which had in seat IFE, but (at the time) there was no free anything. I ended up getting 2 hours of in my face United advertising. Needless to say I wasn't thrilled.

Yeah, there are some dated ones out there too....the ones with DirecTV. Not so great.

ConcourseZ

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:20 pm

flyPIT wrote:

I think the passengers would always rather have the nonstop, but the legacies would want to have them connect unless one of them gets serious about the market. There really aren't many carriers left to give this route a shot. Pretty much only DL (our best option) and AS (unlikely).

I had a random crazy left field thought about a month ago. What about Hawaiian? Crazy thought, but consider a few things:
-They have been slowly but surely been expanding to the eastern US (first JFK, now BOS)
-They have 18 A321neo's on the way and currently use them on LIH/KOA-LAX. What about having that aircraft continue to PIT to serve LAX-PIT?
-The way the ACAA has been handing out money, Hawaiian could get an incentive to offer this service as long as it is a "direct" service onward to LIH or KOA (same plane and flight number beyond LAX). By offering an incentive for the Hawaii tag the ACAA might be able to get away without offering the same to WN and NK.
-The major tour operators could get on board

Not gonna happen, but would be so cool from an enthusiast point of view to see them other than when the Raiders are in town (if they still use Hawaiian). Fun to think about anyway.
[/quote]
It's crazy that an Icelandic LCC came to Pittsburgh and is doing well. Why not court Hawaiian? Ms. Cassotis....what do you think?

Runway28L

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:05 am

Found some interesting information regarding PIT-DEN:

- UA will go 3x daily in June (2x daily A319s, 1x daily A320 according to UA.com)
- WN also appears to be going up to 3x daily in June
- F9 will be 3x weekly on an A320 this summer (average LF for F9 on the route was 94% in July '18)

Pretty impressive stuff. Is this the highest amount of capacity this route has ever seen?

Runway28L

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :smile:

Anyone know what’s up with this flight?
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/4O1303

BatonOps

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Runway28L wrote:

Interjet flew flight 4O1302 from MDT to CUN on November 18th.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AIJ1302

I'm wondering if this is the return going through PIT for Customs??? I don't see a leg from PIT to MDT...

Cush

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:31 am

BatonOps wrote:
Runway28L wrote:

Interjet flew flight 4O1302 from MDT to CUN on November 18th.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AIJ1302

I'm wondering if this is the return going through PIT for Customs??? I don't see a leg from PIT to MDT...

Probably a charter for Apple or someone... I've seen Interjet here before.

Runway28L

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:10 am

Looks like DL is bringing back Saturday-only MCO service. Runs June 15-August 10 on an Endeavor Air CRJ-900 according to Delta.com

Also, PIT-LGA appears to be picking up an 8th daily flight in June. Again, seven of which are on E170/175 equipment. Contrary to AA who is nearly all-ERJ on the route nowadays.

Runway28L

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Atlas Air B744 scheduled to arrive from BUF at around 14:24 today. Supposed to depart back to BUF sometime tomorrow.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/5Y8544

Taking the Jags up to Buffalo for their game against the Bills tomorrow, then coming down here to overnight.

Is there a reason why BUF keeps sending their Atlas NFL charters to PIT to overnight? This is the third occasion (I think?) they have done so this year.

Oak522

Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Bottega dei Sapori is closing December 28 “due to the whole airport being downsized” per the staff. Annoying because now with the AA lounge temporarily shuttered the only good fast food is closing. Is the plan for a major closure of concessions before this construction project starts?

AaronPGH

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Didn't realize the Admirals Lounge was being re-done. I'm assuming in preparation for the BA flight to start?

USPIT10L

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:17 pm

The Admirals Club closure has nothing to do with BA. AA wants the club space cut in half, IINM. AA has been cutting back its space in PIT over the last nine months, dramtically reducing their costs here. For example, they are only paying for and using B26, B28, B30, B32, B34, and B36 on a permanent basis. B27 and B29 are now county gates...AA uses them for RONs and the odd IRROP now.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos