Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Alaska needs to focus on unserved cities from PDX.

I don’t understand the focus on DTW from Portland. Spirit even started the route. On the other thread someone said who’d want to go to Portland in the winter? Better yet, who’d want to go to Detroit in the winter?
^
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3413
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 am

Chugach wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
Sigh... Alaska is suspending PDX-DTW, yet again, from August 26th and will not resume until March 10th, 2019. Was originally set to resume in November 2018. They clearly should have made this a seasonal route right from the start...


At least they tried. Yields probably just aren’t there in the winter, especially on a redeye that is likely relying a lot on connections. Even DL has had a hard time making this one work year round, and that’s with a global hub on one end.
Itll be back for next summer hopefully. Maybevone day, it can go year round again.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:36 am

jbpdx wrote:
Alaska needs to focus on unserved cities from PDX.

I don’t understand the focus on DTW from Portland. Spirit even started the route. On the other thread someone said who’d want to go to Portland in the winter? Better yet, who’d want to go to Detroit in the winter?

Exactly. It seems to me that Alaska tends to overestimate the market on many of its routes. The same thing happened to PDX-OMA (except that route is NOT going to resume next summer, ends August 25th).

This article, which has to do with Alaska ending service to/from Lewiston, Idaho, states that Alaska's load-factor threshold for a route to successfully fly is 85%: http://klewtv.com/news/local/alaska-air ... a-petition

Alaska says the reason for the move is their average LWS flight is only 60% full, below their 85% standard to maintain services.


To me, that seems like a very tall order. From some of the stats that I've posted here earlier on this thread, WN was flying lots of routes to/from PDX substantially under 85%, some even as low as 55%! (PDX-SFO). I'm not saying that airlines should always be flying half-empty planes, but I don't think that Alaska really has as much to lose here as they think. I'm sure that Alaska's PDX-DTW route is not much below 85%. Obviously, they're the experts, and I'm just an ordinary amateur, but to me/in my opinion, the stats really speak for themselves...
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 am

PDX/Portland International Airport
March 2018 vs March 2017

Total +3.7%
Domestic +3%
International +22.6%

Alaska +20.5%
Cathay Pacific Cargo +60.1%
^
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:22 am

Icelandair is going 4x weekly through January 6th...just make it year-round already!
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 am

flyoregon wrote:
Icelandair is going 4x weekly through January 6th...just make it year-round already!


6x/week June, July, August

•Condor resumes PDX-FRA next Tuesday, 1 May.
•Alaska resumes PDX-MCI (now year round) next Sunday, 29 April.

Still not one new route announcement from anyone for 2018.
^
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:55 am

jbpdx wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
Icelandair is going 4x weekly through January 6th...just make it year-round already!


6x/week June, July, August

•Condor resumes PDX-FRA next Tuesday, 1 May.
•Alaska resumes PDX-MCI (now year round) next Sunday, 29 April.

Still not one new route announcement from anyone for 2018.


Wasn't the Sun Country to Orlando announced this year?

Even then, it's been a boring year for PDX with a few reductions from Alaska.
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 pm

flyoregon wrote:

Wasn't the Sun Country to Orlando announced this year?

Even then, it's been a boring year for PDX with a few reductions from Alaska.


I guess I should have said new unserved route. Alaska already flies it.

JetBlue is announcing new routes today. I doubt we can expect PDX-FLL to be added. PDX-South Florida has to be the biggest unserved route in the contiguous U.S.
^
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:12 pm

jbpdx wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

Wasn't the Sun Country to Orlando announced this year?

Even then, it's been a boring year for PDX with a few reductions from Alaska.


I guess I should have said new unserved route. Alaska already flies it.

JetBlue is announcing new routes today. I doubt we can expect PDX-FLL to be added. PDX-South Florida has to be the biggest unserved route in the contiguous U.S.

PDX can't even get year-round service on JetBlue to Boston, for crying out loud... JetBlue would add SEA-FLL way before they'd even consider PDX-FLL, even though there's already two daily flights to Fort Lauderdale from Seattle... because that's how logic works... :banghead:
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:42 pm

The route that makes no sense is JetBlue SLC-FLL. (Delta already flies it.) Is JetBlue serving the public or operating a flight for their employees?

Alaska will end up adding it. But without connections to the Caribbean.
^
 
tphuang
Posts: 5471
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:54 pm

jbpdx wrote:
The route that makes no sense is JetBlue SLC-FLL. (Delta already flies it.) Is JetBlue serving the public or operating a flight for their employees?

Alaska will end up adding it. But without connections to the Caribbean.

Surprisingly, that route is doing okay. Even though it was originally added as a retaliation to dl moves in bos.

I do think sea and pdx are routes they will add to fll eventually and they should do well with the Caribbean connections.
 
User avatar
TransWorldOne
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm

I just heard from some Delta employees at PDX, that NRT will shift to ICN next spring. Just a rumor, of course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:59 pm

tphuang wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
The route that makes no sense is JetBlue SLC-FLL. (Delta already flies it.) Is JetBlue serving the public or operating a flight for their employees?

Alaska will end up adding it. But without connections to the Caribbean.

Surprisingly, that route is doing okay. Even though it was originally added as a retaliation to dl moves in bos.

I do think sea and pdx are routes they will add to fll eventually and they should do well with the Caribbean connections.


I think a lot of the B6 flights out of SLC are just to piss Delta off a little bit like the SLC-MCO/FLL. But I don't understand how SLC can support 2 carriers (albeit 1 of which is Delta) to Boston year-round, but Portland can't.

I know Portland is a "seasonal" destination, but come on, it's a CSA of 3.2 million people with a strong economy. For a city this size, I'm sure half of the SEASONAL destinations could go year-round.
 
ANA787
Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:02 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
I just heard from some Delta employees at PDX, that NRT will shift to ICN next spring. Just a rumor, of course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.


Not surprising with the JV between KE/DL commencing soon. Question is will it be flown with KE metal or DL?

Once this happens it wouldn’t surprise me to see JL or NH jump into the PDX-NRT market.
 
User avatar
TransWorldOne
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

ANA787 wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
I just heard from some Delta employees at PDX, that NRT will shift to ICN next spring. Just a rumor, of course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.


Not surprising with the JV between KE/DL commencing soon. Question is will it be flown with KE metal or DL?

Once this happens it wouldn’t surprise me to see JL or NH jump into the PDX-NRT market.


I hope you're right, but I remain skeptical. JAL is only just now launching SEA so I have my doubts that they will be ready to launch a second PNW city so quickly. ANA may be more likely but, I still have my doubts that Japanese carriers are itching to start service to PDX. I'm just not sure that the O&D market between the two cities is as massive as a.netters believe. As for DL, I'd almost bet that PDX-ICN will be on a 767 and will simply replace the current NRT flight.
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:16 pm

TransWorldOne wrote:
ANA787 wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
I just heard from some Delta employees at PDX, that NRT will shift to ICN next spring. Just a rumor, of course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.


Not surprising with the JV between KE/DL commencing soon. Question is will it be flown with KE metal or DL?

Once this happens it wouldn’t surprise me to see JL or NH jump into the PDX-NRT market.


I hope you're right, but I remain skeptical. JAL is only just now launching SEA so I have my doubts that they will be ready to launch a second PNW city so quickly. ANA may be more likely but, I still have my doubts that Japanese carriers are itching to start service to PDX. I'm just not sure that the O&D market between the two cities is as massive as a.netters believe. As for DL, I'd almost bet that PDX-ICN will be on a 767 and will simply replace the current NRT flight.


Except PDX-NRT has been mostly O&D for that last little while
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 pm

JetBlue is cutting LGB to 1x daily. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them pull completely out of Portland.
^
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:28 pm

jbpdx wrote:
JetBlue is cutting LGB to 1x daily. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them pull completely out of Portland.


I wouldn't go that far...
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 pm

ANA787 wrote:

Once this happens it wouldn’t surprise me to see JL or NH jump into the PDX-NRT market.



JL should petition for fifth freedom rights and operate NRT-PDX-MIA. That would continue Portland-Tokyo, provide PDX-South Florida nonstop, and give MIA same-plane direct to Japan.
^
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:46 pm

jbpdx wrote:
ANA787 wrote:

Once this happens it wouldn’t surprise me to see JL or NH jump into the PDX-NRT market.



JL should petition for fifth freedom rights and operate NRT-PDX-MIA. That would continue Portland-Tokyo, provide PDX-South Florida nonstop, and give MIA same-plane direct to Japan.

Actually, this would be known as a "sixth freedom right", since PDX and MIA are both in the U.S. The only route (that I'm aware of) which has sixth freedom rights operating within the U.S. is Qantas' LAX-JFK route, and I think that the government is quite strict on implementing these sixth freedom rights.

If JL/NH were to add a connecting flight from PDX, it would very likely be to Mexico (MEX or CUN) or Canada (YYZ or YUL). What would be really cool is if they decided to extend the NRT-PDX service to Panama City (PTY) or even South America!
 
BlatantEcho
Posts: 2132
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:11 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 am

PDX-ICN ... it HAS to happen next year. It would be criminal if it didn't. Seriously.

That said, I could see ANA do a NRT-PDX run to fill in the O&D market, plus add connections.
Maybe summer seasonal at first?

I just hope it's Korean with a 787 on the PDX-ICN, but, I imagine we're looking at another 767-300ER route on DL.
Oh well, will be a great addition. So needed with no more connections available at NRT.
 
User avatar
PDXPOL
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am

TransWorldOne wrote:
I just heard from some Delta employees at PDX, that NRT will shift to ICN next spring. Just a rumor, of course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.



I do have a friend at the Port who did say they just did a sales pitch to Delta a couple months ago to start ICN. BUT he made is sound like in addition to NRT. I think there is some truth to the Delta Employee hearing correct rumors. It will be sad to see NRT go away though.
 
User avatar
PDXPOL
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:30 am

PDX can support two carriers to Asia. I suspect NRT would resume (if ICN starts) or flights to China will start. Asian population is the fastest growing demographics in Oregon.

http://www.oregonlive.com/data/2017/06/ ... owing.html
 
twincommander
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:54 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 pm

PDXPOL wrote:
TransWorldOne wrote:
I just heard from some Delta employees at PDX, that NRT will shift to ICN next spring. Just a rumor, of course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here.



I do have a friend at the Port who did say they just did a sales pitch to Delta a couple months ago to start ICN. BUT he made is sound like in addition to NRT. I think there is some truth to the Delta Employee hearing correct rumors. It will be sad to see NRT go away though.


It was probably said in a Peter Griffith like tone... "C'Maaaaaaaawn!"
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:53 pm

JetBlue had an overall 88% LF in March 2018 at PDX.
^
 
N174UA
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:59 am

BlatantEcho wrote:
PDX-ICN ... it HAS to happen next year. It would be criminal if it didn't. Seriously.

That said, I could see ANA do a NRT-PDX run to fill in the O&D market, plus add connections.
Maybe summer seasonal at first?

I just hope it's Korean with a 787 on the PDX-ICN, but, I imagine we're looking at another 767-300ER route on DL.
Oh well, will be a great addition. So needed with no more connections available at NRT.


NRT: Seasonal would make sense...seems to work well in the PDX market. As part of Star, ANA would be able to draw UA pax who don't want to connect via SFO or SEA on their way to NRT. Plus, it would be a backup to the existing ANA service out of SEA, which essentially replaced the UA route. Big opportunity for ANA in PDX with a 787!

ICN: I think it will be DL metal for at least the first year, to see how the transition goes. With connections via KE in ICN, it might do well, and head off another Asian carrier from trying to enter the PDX market. If the route underwhelms, then I would think DL would cede it to KE with a 787.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Here are this weeks Oregon OAG changes:

AS PDX-BUR DEC 2>3 JAN 2>3
AS PDX-DAL JUL 1.8>1.0 AUG 2>1.0 SEP 2>1.0 OCT 2>1.1
*DALPDX is going to 2X daily service effective the last week of October.
AS PDX-EUG NOV 4>3
*B6 LGB-PDX SEP 2>1.1 OCT 2>1.0 NOV 2>1.0 DEC 2>1.0 JAN 0.5>0.2
FI PDX-KEF NOV 0.3>0.6 DEC 0.2>0.5
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:03 pm

So who will replace the dropped JetBlue PDX-LGB A320 flight? About 100,000 passengers take that second daily flight round trip annually (150x.9=135)x2x365.
^
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:49 am

jbpdx wrote:
So who will replace the dropped JetBlue PDX-LGB A320 flight? About 100,000 passengers take that second daily flight round trip annually (150x.9=135)x2x365.

New slots have opened up (see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1392601), so hopefully AS will re-enter the market.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:01 pm

stl07 wrote:
How has STL-SAN been performing on AS? I heard that the new AS routes from the Midwest to former VX's SFO have been doing pretty badly but know nothing about SAN


Too early to tell but not all that great. They should have kept Portland, IMO.

This was 2017 total for AS. SAN was only for half of December. Portland had the best loads and it was cut. Seattle had bigger planes though and more passengers. Obviously more than this goes into it.

city.....................outbound...inbound.. total
Portland (PDX) 83.63% 85.89% 84.76%
San Deigo (SAN) 83.20% 72.68% 77.94%
Seattle (SEA) 81.43% 82.55% 81.99%

SAN for Jan 2018 (on AS)
outbound 62.7%
inbound 61%


I only download Missouri stats so MCI as comparison for January on AS

SAN
inbound 41.7%
outbound 67.4%

SFO
inbound 46.5%
outbound 44.1%


Portland had the best loads out of STL and yet it's being cut next month..............Honestly,I have no idea what AS strategy for PDX is anymore......
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:58 pm

At least AS restarted PDX-MCI. If the 12 first-class seats aren’t selling on the E-175s, that could justify the STL cut. Alaska’s fares are overall pretty high after the handful of low fares are gone.
^
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:00 pm

Funny thing is that right after STL ends STL-SEA gets a big upgrade
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:08 pm

stl07 wrote:
Funny thing is that right after STL ends STL-SEA gets a big upgrade


Sounds like that's the AS strategy for PDX to route more passenger via SEA..........
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 pm

stl07 wrote:
Funny thing is that right after STL ends STL-SEA gets a big upgrade


More of that “make passengers to/from Portland connect thru Seattle” crap? We get enough of that from everyone else, we don’t need it from Alaska.
^
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 pm

lhpdx wrote:
stl07 wrote:
How has STL-SAN been performing on AS? I heard that the new AS routes from the Midwest to former VX's SFO have been doing pretty badly but know nothing about SAN


Too early to tell but not all that great. They should have kept Portland, IMO.

This was 2017 total for AS. SAN was only for half of December. Portland had the best loads and it was cut. Seattle had bigger planes though and more passengers. Obviously more than this goes into it.

city.....................outbound...inbound.. total
Portland (PDX) 83.63% 85.89% 84.76%
San Deigo (SAN) 83.20% 72.68% 77.94%
Seattle (SEA) 81.43% 82.55% 81.99%

SAN for Jan 2018 (on AS)
outbound 62.7%
inbound 61%


I only download Missouri stats so MCI as comparison for January on AS

SAN
inbound 41.7%
outbound 67.4%

SFO
inbound 46.5%
outbound 44.1%


Portland had the best loads out of STL and yet it's being cut next month..............Honestly,I have no idea what AS strategy for PDX is anymore......

I don't think they ended PDX-STL due to poor load factors. I think it had something to do with the positioning of aircraft/equipment types. Apparently there's not enough E175s around to run the route (SAN has more consistent E175 routes, while PDX has more consistent 737 routes). If there was demand for a 737 flight on PDX-STL, then I think AS would have kept the route.

On a similar note, PDX-OMA is not going to resume after August, but SAN-OMA is run daily. Likely for the same reason I mentioned above. Although, I wouldn't really think that there's a huge demand for Portland to/from Omaha. San Diego/Omaha I could see as people from OMA going to SAN as a popular vacation destination...
Last edited by FA9295 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 pm

If there's anyone here who works for Alaska that watches this thread (or knows someone who works for Alaska), then we would love to hear some answers! ;)
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2548
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Oh I know why- SAN-STL competes with two WN hubs while PDX-STL only competes with one. We all know that more west coast is Spanish for lets compete with WN in every market in California.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 2:35 am

FA9295 wrote:
If there's anyone here who works for Alaska that watches this thread (or knows someone who works for Alaska), then we would love to hear some answers! ;)


For some strange reason, all of the AS folks on airliners.net stop commenting on the Oregon site several years ago........Maybe they got tired of us complaining that AS looks at PDX as an afterthought......
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 3:18 pm

Condor returns to PDX today (Frankfurt - Portland): https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFG2090

A little while back, I was hoping that they would eventually launch a Munich - Portland route, but given the fact that they just ended Munich - Sea/Tac, (I think the route was only around for a few months) I'll take that as an unsuccessful market...
 
PDX757
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 5:37 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Condor returns to PDX today (Frankfurt - Portland): https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFG2090

A little while back, I was hoping that they would eventually launch a Munich - Portland route, but given the fact that they just ended Munich - Sea/Tac, (I think the route was only around for a few months) I'll take that as an unsuccessful market...


I can’t recall the reason exactly, but I’m pretty sure MUC-SEA was dropped for reason other than LF
 
PDX757
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 5:49 pm

jbpdx wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Funny thing is that right after STL ends STL-SEA gets a big upgrade


More of that “make passengers to/from Portland connect thru Seattle” crap? We get enough of that from everyone else, we don’t need it from Alaska.


Before you know it the only AS presence at PDX will be Q400s to SEA! One leaving every 5 minutes from 0500-0100 /s
 
jbpdx
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 6:39 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Condor returns to PDX today (Frankfurt - Portland): https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CFG2090



DL PDX-LHR returns Friday. AC PDX-YYZ (IIRC) started on 1 May last year but is pushed back to 18 May this year.
^
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 8:01 pm

PDX757 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Funny thing is that right after STL ends STL-SEA gets a big upgrade


More of that “make passengers to/from Portland connect thru Seattle” crap? We get enough of that from everyone else, we don’t need it from Alaska.


Before you know it the only AS presence at PDX will be Q400s to SEA! One leaving every 5 minutes from 0500-0100 /s

If that were to be the case (obviously it won't be), then I'm sure Delta would jump all over that...
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

If Alaska wants to give Portland the middle finger, I'm sure another airline would jump in. But I don't think Alaska's drawbacks have anything to do with performance. I think it has everything to do with aircraft, crews, and trying to untangle some post-merger knots figuring out what works, what doesn't, and everything in between. Having said that, if I were another airline like Delta or jetBlue, I'd take advantage of it and add some flights out of Portland and start building up a loyal customer base. I've been a pretty loyal Alaska flyer for years, and I'm starting to get tired of a lot of it. But for my travels, they make the most sense due to the number of non-stops available. If Delta jumped in and started a bunch of routes, I'd probably jump ship.
 
lhpdx
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 12:26 am

PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT UPDATE
TO: PDX Community Advisory Committee
FROM: Vince Granato, Chief Operating Officer
(presented by Dan Pippenger, Director of Planning & Development)
DATE: April 19, 2018


https://popcdn.azureedge.net/pdfs/CAC%2 ... 0FINAL.pdf
 
username21
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Brought up in the Washington thread: Alaska is adding one mainline rotation to SEARDM beginning July 6. Cant wait to see big Chester in Central Oregon!
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed May 02, 2018 4:53 pm

username21 wrote:
Brought up in the Washington thread: Alaska is adding one mainline rotation to SEARDM beginning July 6. Cant wait to see big Chester in Central Oregon!


That's awesome news! First scheduled mainline jet to RDM (not including Allegiant) in a very long time.
 
pdxswa
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 am

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri May 04, 2018 2:30 pm

One of two of HA’s only 2 A321 Neos arrives from OGG. They now both serve PDX going to HNL and OGG.
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri May 04, 2018 7:40 pm

pdxswa wrote:
One of two of HA’s only 2 A321 Neos arrives from OGG. They now both serve PDX going to HNL and OGG.

I'm gonna miss the A332... :crying:
From May 31st to June 12th, HA is planning on sending the 767 from OGG to PDX (HNL to PDX will still be on the A321). After June 12th, it's back to the A321 again...
 
flyoregon
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:29 pm

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri May 04, 2018 8:28 pm

FA9295 wrote:
pdxswa wrote:
One of two of HA’s only 2 A321 Neos arrives from OGG. They now both serve PDX going to HNL and OGG.

I'm gonna miss the A332... :crying:
From May 31st to June 12th, HA is planning on sending the 767 from OGG to PDX (HNL to PDX will still be on the A321). After June 12th, it's back to the A321 again...


Still don't understand that move.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos