Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AviationGeek78

Re: What's Going On In Nashville? - 2018

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
It bothers me to no end that SEA has up to FOUR flights a day to BNA, and PDX has ZERO. Simply ridiculous. (2x AS, 1x DL, 1x WN in the summer months).

I thought DL had 2 per day as well? I could definitely be wrong about that though.

Looking into September, I'm only seeing 1x daily on a 738. I'm only seeing 1x daily for AS as well. When did they cut the second flight?

I believe the 2nd flight is seasonal.

pdt2f

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
pdt2f wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
It bothers me to no end that SEA has up to FOUR flights a day to BNA, and PDX has ZERO. Simply ridiculous. (2x AS, 1x DL, 1x WN in the summer months).

I thought DL had 2 per day as well? I could definitely be wrong about that though.

Looking into September, I'm only seeing 1x daily on a 738. I'm only seeing 1x daily for AS as well. When did they cut the second flight?

I think AS only does 2x daily during the spring and summer. It’s a very seasonal route, it goes from 4 dailies in the summer to 2 in the winter.
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.

787fan8

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Considering that it's still TATL announcement season, could we potentially expect any new announcements of service anytime soon? If anything, I think BNA would be a logical new destination for either DE or WW.
Atlanta is an incredibly cool city - Andrew Lincoln

Future Auburn graduate

pdt2f

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:25 pm

787fan8 wrote:
Considering that it's still TATL announcement season, could we potentially expect any new announcements of service anytime soon? If anything, I think BNA would be a logical new destination for either DE or WW.

Conceivably, yes. I personally think it’ll be next fall when a summer 2020 flight on one of the euro discount airlines is announced. I think they’re still watching to see how the BA flight does, if it continues doing well one of the TATL LCC’s will want a piece of the pie.
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.

southwest1675

Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
BNA is now listed as a "destination" of G4's route map

I am looking forward to seeing future routes added from them. I feel like they could add BNA-ABQ.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

HeyHey

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:08 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Both AUS and MSY have multiple TATL nonstop carriers.

Now they do, but when BA began service they were the sole provider of TATL service. My point was that BA seems to be picking off these traditional secondary airports which lacked TATL service. I think they predicated each as a market that could support nonstop service. I think what they have subsequently found is that these markets not only support the nonstop service but make that service thrive financially.

EvanWSFO

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:01 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
BNA is now listed as a "destination" of G4's route map

I am looking forward to seeing future routes added from them. I feel like they could add BNA-ABQ.

I could have sworn that BNA-ABQ was mentioned some time in the past, but it never materialized. A friend of mine would be most appreciative as she flies to ABQ at least 6x a year.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

HeyHey

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:57 am

If G4 now views BNA as a destination the maybe we’ll see some additional service from them to unserved markets. 2-3x service to sizeable places which also would be heavy targets for country music tourism (Omaha, Tulsa, Des Moines, Toledo, etc) could possibly work. I would think they would be more successful than SYR.

southwest1675

Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:45 am

HeyHey wrote:
If G4 now views BNA as a destination the maybe we’ll see some additional service from them to unserved markets. 2-3x service to sizeable places which also would be heavy targets for country music tourism (Omaha, Tulsa, Des Moines, Toledo, etc) could possibly work. I would think they would be more successful than SYR.

If that SYR flight does well, I think anything is possible haha.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

LAX772LR

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:46 am

HeyHey wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
Both AUS and MSY have multiple TATL nonstop carriers.

Now they do, but when BA began service they were the sole provider of TATL service.

Yes and no.

BA was the second TATL carrier to announce MSY in 2016, though the first to begin by a few weeks.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

southwest1675

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Delta is ending PIT-CDG. I wonder if BNA-CDG would truly ever be a viable route. It’s been discussed before, but I don’t think ATL’s proximity is really an issue.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

gsg013

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Would love to see DL BNA-CDG on im guessing a 767-300ER.

Lexy

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:59 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
    Delta is ending PIT-CDG. I wonder if BNA-CDG would truly ever be a viable route. It’s been discussed before, but I don’t think ATL’s proximity is really an issue.

Stay tuned...
    Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

ADrum23

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Lexy wrote:
      southwest1675 wrote:

Stay tuned...

Is there an annoucement imminent?

southwest1675

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:24 pm

I learned from a reliable source that WN will get all of D, and give away 2-3 on C.
      Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Lexy

Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
      Lexy wrote:
        southwest1675 wrote:

Stay tuned...

Is there an annoucement imminent?

No, but there’s always eyes watching.
        Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

pdt2f

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
        I learned from a reliable source that WN will get all of D, and give away 2-3 on C.

That seems fair. Would those C gates be used to entice new carriers or would AA get them?

BNA based.

pdt2f

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Lexy wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

Stay tuned...

Oh come on man, you can’t do that to a bunch of a.net nerds! You know how wild our imaginations run! ;)

BNA based.

southwest1675

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 pm

pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

That seems fair. Would those C gates be used to entice new carriers or would AA get them?

Those 2-3 gates would be given up for new carriers. I assume C13-C15 would be the ones Southwest gives up. They’d welcome Spirit, Via Air, and that’ll be it for domestic airlines to start BNA honestly. I think this proposal currently rumored is pretty good.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

ADrum23

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:22 am

southwest1675 wrote:

So if they have 14 at the moment, gain 6 and lose 2-3, that would give them 17-18 gates overall. That should be enough for 150+ flights if they do 9-10 turns a day per gate like they usually do (if I am not mistaken?)

EvanWSFO

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:30 am

southwest1675 wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

Those 2-3 gates would be given up for new carriers. I assume C13-C15 would be the ones Southwest gives up. They’d welcome Spirit, Via Air, and that’ll be it for domestic airlines to start BNA honestly. I think this proposal currently rumored is pretty good.

Once D is open, IAB construction begins. AA will lose at least two gates for that. They will need the gates WN would be vacating no? I suspect there will be some gate shuffling for the next 3-5 years.
          I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

ADrum23

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 am

So BNA is getting a special DL 717 to MSN next week, it will operate on Sunday and Thursday. It is for an Epic conference.

Boy do I wish that was a permanent route, as I have family in Madison and would use it fairly often.

ADrum23

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:39 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:

Once D is open, IAB construction begins. AA will lose at least two gates for that. They will need the gates WN would be vacating no? I suspect there will be some gate shuffling for the next 3-5 years.

AA would lose two gates temporarily, but I think he is referring to when all construction is complete.

southwest1675

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:44 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:

I’m not sure what AA will do, but quite frankly, AA would actually be fine losing 2 gates. They won’t expand anymore unless they add a PHX flight. They’re allergic to P2P flights, and what they have in Nashville now is what they’ll stick with.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

pdt2f

Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:02 am

southwest1675 wrote:
          EvanWSFO wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

I’m not sure what AA will do, but quite frankly, AA would actually be fine losing 2 gates. They won’t expand anymore unless they add a PHX flight. They’re allergic to P2P flights, and what they have in Nashville now is what they’ll stick with.

I think they’re more likely to upgauge than to add many more flights. Is it feasible for them to add PHX?

BNA based.

southwest1675

Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 am

pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:
          EvanWSFO wrote:

I think they’re more likely to upgauge than to add many more flights. Is it feasible for them to add PHX?

They are slowly but surely upguaging things here. They haven’t added PHX because LAX is such a money maker, they feel adding PHX would jeopardize it. If they did add PHX, it wouldn’t surprise me if they cut an LAX frequency.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 am

pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:
          EvanWSFO wrote:

I don't think BNA-PHX really adds to AA's portfolio of flights. There are very few destinations they connect at DFW opposed to PHX. At best, it would be a 319.. In the thread about AA at JFK, the popular opinion is that they will drop RJ services at JFK. As it is now, the JFK flights have pretty long layovers. I know they have a loyal following at Nashville, but the lack of P2P services isn't helping them.

pdt2f

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:06 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

I don't think BNA-PHX really adds to AA's portfolio of flights. There are very few destinations they connect at DFW opposed to PHX. At best, it would be a 319.. In the thread about AA at JFK, the popular opinion is that they will drop RJ services at JFK. As it is now, the JFK flights have pretty long layovers. I know they have a loyal following at Nashville, but the lack of P2P services isn't helping them.

Does that mean they would presumably mainline some JFK destinations and drop others altogether? If AA mainlined BNA-JFK it could give them a competitive advantage over DL. As of right now the only full-service carrier flying from BNA to the NYC area with an actual mainline domestic first class offering is UA to EWR. Being the only one to provide that service from BNA to the other side of manhattan could be an advantage.

BNA based.

ADrum23

Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:09 am

pdt2f wrote:
          EvanWSFO wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:

Does that mean they would presumably mainline some JFK destinations and drop others altogether? If AA mainlined BNA-JFK it could give them a competitive advantage over DL. As of right now the only full-service carrier flying from BNA to the NYC area with an actual mainline domestic first class offering is UA to EWR. Being the only one to provide that service from BNA to the other side of manhattan could be an advantage.

I’m pretty sure DL BNA-JFK/LGA will be a good candidate for a A220 once they come online. AA BNA-JFK is down to 2 E140’s, I can’t imagine it will last much longer. Upgauging wouldn’t do much on that route.

AviationGeek78

Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:00 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

Why would you think Via Air would come here? Via can't even cover their current flight schedule. Also, this is Contour's backyard. I do not see that happening.

southwest1675

Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:18 pm

AviationGeek78 wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:

Why would you think Via Air would come here? Via can't even cover their current flight schedule. Also, this is Contour's backyard. I do not see that happening.

You just never know with BNA. Who would have ever thought WS would come? I’d love to see Contour expand.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

southwest1675

Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Also, I just arrived at the airport and it looks like construction on the new D Concourse has begun.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

TYSflyer

Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
          pdt2f wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:

It is conceivable that Via could start BNA as a destination to places that will not likely see service to Nashville in the near future otherwise. For example LIT, BHM, GSP, AVL and GSO just to name a few. With that being said, some of the stories that are floating around about Via make it sound like they do not need to be doing any expansion until they can maintain decent service on the routes that they are currently operating.

pdt2f

Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:25 am

Here’s a question I’ve had for a while (keep in mind I’ve only been on a.net for a few months). Every night I notice on Flightradar24 that there is a plane flying to and from BNA-BHM from “Central Airlines.” What’s up with this flight? Anyone got any info?

BNA based.

cvgComair

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:15 pm

pdt2f wrote:
          Here’s a question I’ve had for a while (keep in mind I’ve only been on a.net for a few months). Every night I notice on Flightradar24 that there is a plane flying to and from BNA-BHM from “Central Airlines.” What’s up with this flight? Anyone got any info?

It is a charter cargo airline. I think they just pick up small ad-hoc routes and don’t do operations with the big 3 (UPS/FedEx/Amazon).

tys777

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:33 pm

PIE and RIC have been extended into the winter for G4. I believe that previously RIC was planned on for being seasonal.

southwest1675

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:47 pm

tys777 wrote:
          PIE and RIC have been extended into the winter for G4. I believe that previously RIC was planned on for being seasonal.

That’s correct. Seems like G4 is doing well here.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

AirAmericaKid

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:19 pm

I commute to BNA 3-4 times a year from SEA (live in Seattle but am the music director of the opera in Nashville...great city and great company!) Love the AS, DL, and WN nonstops between the two cities. Tend to stick with AS and DL as I'm high mileage with both airlines, and I love how the two companies have avoided each other and staggered their arrival/dep times to opposite ends of the day. I can usually book AS going to BNA and DL coming back on Orbitz to take advantage of the times. I've noticed the planes have been packed the past 2 years, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them adds a second daily roundtrip. Prices are usually high, as well. The cruise traffic in SEA makes up a large number of seats, but even in the dead of winter the planes are full. Makes sense as Seattle and Nashville are two of the fastest growing cities in the country. A friend in the construction business told me there is a national shortage of building cranes because of the 2 cities. And it's interesting to see Nashville struggle with the same issues Seattle had 10 years ago (light rail, taxes, freeway traffic, new construction/condo towers in city centers, etc)

tys777

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:50 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
          tys777 wrote:

Not surprising that they are doing well, just surprising that route is. I know RIC is in demand, but didnt think G4 would be the carrier to fill it. Wonder what other kind of adds we will see.

southwest1675

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:04 pm

tys777 wrote:
          southwest1675 wrote:
          tys777 wrote:

Not surprising that they are doing well, just surprising that route is. I know RIC is in demand, but didnt think G4 would be the carrier to fill it. Wonder what other kind of adds we will see.

Now that they have us as a “destination city,” who knows?
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:21 pm

[quote="AirAmericaKid"]I commute to BNA 3-4 times a year from SEA (live in Seattle but am the music director of the opera in Nashville...great city and great company!) Love the AS, DL, and WN nonstops between the two cities. Tend to stick with AS and DL as I'm high mileage with both airlines, and I love how the two companies have avoided each other and staggered their arrival/dep times to opposite ends of the day. I can usually book AS going to BNA and DL coming back on Orbitz to take advantage of the times. I've noticed the planes have been packed the past 2 years, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them adds a second daily roundtrip. Prices are usually high, as well. The cruise traffic in SEA makes up a large number of seats, but even in the dead of winter the planes are full. Makes sense as Seattle and Nashville are two of the fastest growing cities in the country. A friend in the construction business told me there is a national shortage of building cranes because of the 2 cities. And it's interesting to see Nashville struggle with the same issues Seattle had 10 years ago (light rail, taxes, freeway traffic, new construction/condo towers in city centers, etc)[/quote

There's a loud contingent that hates the growth. Rail should have been on the ballot 10 years ago, and there's really not much can be done with freeways since Nashville doesn't have a true ring road. I think the growth is great, and expect BNA pax numbers to keep increasing. I would not be surprised if the AS flight to SFO turns into a second daily to SEA. There's a definite need.

AirAmericaKid

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:05 pm

There's a loud contingent that hates the growth. Rail should have been on the ballot 10 years ago, and there's really not much can be done with freeways since Nashville doesn't have a true ring road. I think the growth is great, and expect BNA pax numbers to keep increasing. I would not be surprised if the AS flight to SFO turns into a second daily to SEA. There's a definite need.[/quote]

Yeah, the issue in Nashville with light rail is like it was in Seattle...no one wants to pay for it, and no one wants it in their back yard. The same fear mongering is coming up in Nashville, that it will pull down neighborhoods. In Seattle, the opposite has happened...millennials especially don't want to own and drive cars so they are living along the light rail routes, which is causing those neighborhoods to be the hottest in the city now. We could have had it for 500 million dollars years ago but it kept getting voted down, then finally went thru at a billion dollars. And it's a total success in what used to be a suburban-based city. Now the light rail is being extended over the lake to the eastside, connecting Bellevue and Redmond/Microsoft with downtown and the airport and many great village and town center type developments along the path.

Nashville sort of has a ring road created by the various interstates that all converge near downtown, but the rush hour backups are getting worse. And I now have to allow twice as much time to get from my hotel to rehearsal or a performance than just a few years ago. The land and geography in Nashville are such that a light rail could easily be installed along the freeway dividers from downtown to BNA to the major suburbs.

EvanWSFO

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:24 pm

AirAmericaKid wrote:
          There's a loud contingent that hates the growth. Rail should have been on the ballot 10 years ago, and there's really not much can be done with freeways since Nashville doesn't have a true ring road. I think the growth is great, and expect BNA pax numbers to keep increasing. I would not be surprised if the AS flight to SFO turns into a second daily to SEA. There's a definite need.

Yeah, the issue in Nashville with light rail is like it was in Seattle...no one wants to pay for it, and no one wants it in their back yard. The same fear mongering is coming up in Nashville, that it will pull down neighborhoods. In Seattle, the opposite has happened...millennials especially don't want to own and drive cars so they are living along the light rail routes, which is causing those neighborhoods to be the hottest in the city now. We could have had it for 500 million dollars years ago but it kept getting voted down, then finally went thru at a billion dollars. And it's a total success in what used to be a suburban-based city. Now the light rail is being extended over the lake to the eastside, connecting Bellevue and Redmond/Microsoft with downtown and the airport and many great village and town center type developments along the path.

Nashville sort of has a ring road created by the various interstates that all converge near downtown, but the rush hour backups are getting worse. And I now have to allow twice as much time to get from my hotel to rehearsal or a performance than just a few years ago. The land and geography in Nashville are such that a light rail could easily be installed along the freeway dividers from downtown to BNA to the major suburbs.[/quote]

Part of the issue with the failed light rail system was it didn't go far enough. Nashville needs a regional transit authority, especially inclusive of Rutherford, Wilson, Sumner and Williamson counties. The idea of train service between Nashville and Murfreesboro was floated around in the ;late 90s, but CSX said they would not allow the usage of their tracks. As for freeways, the northern part of Briley can work effectively as a reliever to the fact 3 major interstate comverge on downtown with limited options to avoid. The city and airport are going to grow, regardless of the naysayers.

southwest1675

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:34 pm

The DART rail in Dallas is fantastic.
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

EvanWSFO

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:37 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
          The DART rail in Dallas is fantastic.

Yep. I lived there from the beginning. Rode the express buses from Plano to downtown every day until rail started. IIRC, it too was controversial.

pdt2f

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:28 pm

“The same fear mongering is coming up in Nashville, that it will pull down neighborhoods. In Seattle, the opposite has happened...millennials especially don't want to own and drive cars so they are living along the light rail routes, which is causing those neighborhoods to be the hottest in the city now.“

Well this was kind of a fear that came out during the referendum. You can’t convince poor and working class people (like those who would have lived along the Nolensville Pike and Murfreesboro Pike lines, not to mention much of the Gallatin line and the Dickerson BRT) to vote for something by telling them that it will turn their neighborhoods into trendy millennial hangouts. “Hey you should vote for this, it will price you out of your neighborhood in no time flat!!” I was a big transit supporter but the pro transit groups’ PR campaigns (along with our disgraced former mayor) are the reason we lost.

BNA based.

Midwestindy

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:40 pm

Why is DL sending the B752 on BNA-BOS on 11/11 and 11/12?
          ORD & IND

AA & DL

southwest1675

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
          Why is DL sending the B752 on BNA-BOS on 11/11 and 11/12?

Titans are playing the Patriots that weekend
          Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

ewt340

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:06 am

To be fair, many smaller and medium cities across the US are growing because many people moved from smaller villages and towns to these cities. Something similar happen to Austin, and we could see this trends going up.

This would make many smaller airports grow into a major one. Austin and Nashville are probably the best example for it.

ADrum23

Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:44 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
          AirAmericaKid wrote:

Nashville sort of has a ring road created by the various interstates that all converge near downtown, but the rush hour backups are getting worse. And I now have to allow twice as much time to get from my hotel to rehearsal or a performance than just a few years ago. The land and geography in Nashville are such that a light rail could easily be installed along the freeway dividers from downtown to BNA to the major suburbs.

Part of the issue with the failed light rail system was it didn't go far enough. Nashville needs a regional transit authority, especially inclusive of Rutherford, Wilson, Sumner and Williamson counties. The idea of train service between Nashville and Murfreesboro was floated around in the ;late 90s, but CSX said they would not allow the usage of their tracks. As for freeways, the northern part of Briley can work effectively as a reliever to the fact 3 major interstate comverge on downtown with limited options to avoid. The city and airport are going to grow, regardless of the naysayers.

Well, I-840 was suppose to be a long distance ring road, but the NIMBY's have prevented the northern half from being completed.

The issue with the last transit referendum is it didn't coordinate with the surrounding counties. The plan was to only benefit Davidson County and failed to look at the bigger picture. This is the reason I was opposed to the last referendum. I agree 100,000% we need a regional transit authority and implement solutions such as park and rides/bus on shoulders (on the Interstates), light rail for downtown and perhaps some of the closest suburbs, expansion of the Music City Star to areas such as Clarksville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, etc, and more pedestrian friendly walkable communities.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos