Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

codc10

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 pm

VC10er wrote:
How does an airline like United select the locations for their refits, ala: Polaris? Why international centers and not domestic? Do these particular centers specialize in aircraft maintenance and refitting, is selection via a bidding process or something else?
I would assume the global logistics from each of the suppliers to each center and scheduling of aircraft must be a huge job.
It must be fun- for those people who love logistics it must be a dream- I’ve known people in these kinds of “efficiency jobs” who totally get off on pulling hundreds/thousands of parts, pieces, shipping, scheduling, spreadsheets and managing human capital all together so the end the result is perfect on time and on budget- their reward feeling the achievement way surpasses the money!

Cost, mostly.

iahcsr

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 am

A319
N898UA Ferry LCQORD UA2800 15Feb then first rev flight ORDCVG UA298 15Feb
73M9
N67501 First one off FAL
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....

calpsafltskeds

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm

73G:
N23721 entered IAH 2087/14Feb, could be in foir slimlines

763:
N655UA sked to exit HKG 2830/18Feb with Polaris

764:
N76064 sked to exit MCO 2804/16Feb

UAX Update
CR2:
N446AW (2003 build) entered UAX service with Air Wisconsin
N444ZW (2003 build) entered UAX service with Air Wisconsin

iahcsr

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:59 pm

N24974 Last 789 delivered UA2689 CHSIAD 16Feb

MaverickM11

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:58 am

iahcsr wrote:

I assume new 787s are delivered with the old J seat?
I don't take responsibility at all

iahcsr

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:55 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
iahcsr wrote:

I assume new 787s are delivered with the old J seat?

The -9s, yes. Up next are now the -10s and they will have Polaris.

B737900ER

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:15 am

VC10er wrote:
How does an airline like United select the locations for their refits, ala: Polaris? Why international centers and not domestic? Do these particular centers specialize in aircraft maintenance and refitting, is selection via a bidding process or something else?
I would assume the global logistics from each of the suppliers to each center and scheduling of aircraft must be a huge job.
It must be fun- for those people who love logistics it must be a dream- I’ve known people in these kinds of “efficiency jobs” who totally get off on pulling hundreds/thousands of parts, pieces, shipping, scheduling, spreadsheets and managing human capital all together so the end the result is perfect on time and on budget- their reward feeling the achievement way surpasses the money!

For the same reasons that all companies offshore work to Asia. Low wages and essentially no oversight.

iahcsr

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:54 am

B737900ER wrote:
VC10er wrote:

For the same reasons that all companies offshore work to Asia. Low wages and essentially no oversight.

There is oversight in so much as the customer airline has to be happy with the workmanship or they will take business elsewhere.

VC10er

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 am

Well, lower costs ALWAYS makes sense as money is the driving force behind everything in business.
So, my next thought is: where are the more expensive “centers of excellence” and is labor just more expensive in such locations or is it actually much better work?
I get taking the low cost option, but sometimes (as my late father would say) “cheap is expensive”
Would not a higher cost facility actually save money because they would be quicker (returning an aircraft to revenue operations) and require less follow-up maintenance because work was done better and right the first time?
I would hope United would not want to cut corners after spending many, many millions of dollars on new elaborate J seats and cabins...that once in service would incrementally improve business growth from premium fliers?
Or am I being naive?
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

codc10

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:43 pm

VC10er wrote:
Well, lower costs ALWAYS makes sense as money is the driving force behind everything in business.
So, my next thought is: where are the more expensive “centers of excellence” and is labor just more expensive in such locations or is it actually much better work?
I get taking the low cost option, but sometimes (as my late father would say) “cheap is expensive”
Would not a higher cost facility actually save money because they would be quicker (returning an aircraft to revenue operations) and require less follow-up maintenance because work was done better and right the first time?
I would hope United would not want to cut corners after spending many, many millions of dollars on new elaborate J seats and cabins...that once in service would incrementally improve business growth from premium fliers?
Or am I being naive?

Perhaps a little naive. United certainly could do the mods in-house, or stateside, at higher cost. But the difference in quality/workmanship doesn’t really justify the additional expense.

iahcsr

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:22 pm

codc10 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
Or am I being naive?

Perhaps a little naive. United certainly could do the mods in-house, or stateside, at higher cost. But the difference in quality/workmanship doesn’t really justify the additional expense.

In theory .. there should be little difference in quality/workmanship between such locations.... but that would definitely be naive on my part. :wave: Besides, all things considered these days, it’s quite possible the quality of workmanship is superior elsewhere. :stirthepot: :duck:

calpsafltskeds

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:46 pm

73G:
N23721 exited IAH after a couple days - no slimlines

772:
N37018 entered XMN 2783/15Feb First sCO 772 into XMN. Would doubt it was Polaris related.

iahcsr

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:02 am

A319
N899UA test hop UA2685 17Feb LCQLCQ. if all went well then off to the paint shop.
Interesting N4888U has been at LCQ two month longer than 899 yet still not ready.

B737900ER

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm

iahcsr wrote:
codc10 wrote:
VC10er wrote:
Or am I being naive?

In theory .. there should be little difference in quality/workmanship between such locations.... but that would definitely be naive on my part. :wave: Besides, all things considered these days, it’s quite possible the quality of workmanship is superior elsewhere. :stirthepot: :duck:

It’s not. Stats prove it. Reliability scores are significantly lower for outsourced work. There is a huge difference in quality of work. But UA has decided downline in service reliability delays are acceptable primarily because they can’t go back. UA in particular gutted SFO and IND. It would cost hundreds of millions of dollars just to get facilities back on track, not to mention growing the labor pool.

ryhops

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:44 pm

B737900ER wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
codc10 wrote:

It’s not. Stats prove it. Reliability scores are significantly lower for outsourced work. There is a huge difference in quality of work. But UA has decided downline in service reliability delays are acceptable primarily because they can’t go back. UA in particular gutted SFO and IND. It would cost hundreds of millions of dollars just to get facilities back on track, not to mention growing the labor pool.

Given United's industry-leading operational reliability, the quality of work differential must be immaterial. Sounds like the right business decision to me! No reason to pay through the teeth for a comparable service.

FlightLevel360

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

I saw that N73860 was supposed to ferry RFD-ORD yesterday as as UA2782. Does anyone know if this bird has finished slimline installation?
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!

B737900ER

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:21 pm

ryhops wrote:
B737900ER wrote:
iahcsr wrote:

Given United's industry-leading operational reliability, the quality of work differential must be immaterial. Sounds like the right business decision to me! No reason to pay through the teeth for a comparable service.

I guess we’ll just let the facts die then. Nobody on here wants to accept them anyway

AA737-823

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm

B737900ER wrote:
ryhops wrote:
B737900ER wrote:

I guess we’ll just let the facts die then. Nobody on here wants to accept them anyway

You don't seem to be armed with facts yourself; you seem to be heavily reliant on personal bias, and also determined to inject that bias into a thread about the fleet upgrades.
Go start another thread on the woes of outsourcing, if you're that put out.

And, for what it's worth, United is using some of the same overseas companies (HAECO, EGAT, etc) that everyone else in the world uses. These facilities do great work. They're not impervious to human factors, but heads up- neither were UA's in house teams at IND.

calpsafltskeds

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 am

73G:
N39726 entered IAH 2799/15Feb (GUM unit) in for slimlines

764:
N67052 entered MCO 2783/20Feb

789:
N35953 sked to exit PVG 890/24Feb
N13964 sked to enter PVG 857/22Feb

audidudi

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:14 pm

I notice that B763 N643UA arrived at HKG on Jan 26th. Is it there for mx or joining N646UA for the Polaris mods?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N643UA

GmoneyCO

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:25 pm

audidudi wrote:
I notice that B763 N643UA arrived at HKG on Jan 26th. Is it there for mx or joining N646UA for the Polaris mods?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N643UA

Polaris mod

len90

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

I know it was mentioned going into VCV early in January for paint, but nothing said about how N66848 emerged from the paint shop. It sadly is back in regular colors. That special really didn't last long... just under 3 years. Yet there are a lot of 738s and 739s that are flying with some bad looking paint last through between 2012-2014.

As for the Max is there any talk of hub to hub proving flights prior to the start of service? Seems like it will be a bit of a wait until these things show up at EWR.
Len90

strfyr51

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 am

dc10lover wrote:
According to Ontario, California airport, United Airlines will be serving the Ontario, California - San Francisco market, not United Express.

well? Welcome BACK! I flew SFO ONT years ago when my buddy lived in Rancho Cucamonga.

VC10er

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:14 am

Talk to me more about “United’s industry leading operational reliability” - does United have a GOOD reputation for something? All I seem to ever read is how awful United is in every regard.
Mind you, I’ve never had a complaint about United. Perhaps because I maintain my GS or 1k status depending on the year and how much I travel for business. But I’m not used to positive comments!

CALTECH

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Acft # 860

United is modifying 21 757-300 aircraft to a 24F/54E+/156Y “Slimline” configuration. This modification will install new first class seats, new economy class seats, new Untied décor and several other changes detailed below. Upon completion, aircraft will re-enter revenue service as the 75E fleet code.
The first aircraft to undergo this modification is 860 and it is set to release back to revenue service in February 2018.

- Cabin:
New Zodiac 6850 First Class seats.
New B/E Pinnacle seats in Economy and Economy Plus with blue synthetic leather.
New black carpet, galley and lav mat throughout.
Full Cabin in-seat power.
Seat-Mounted EEPL added to A/C 0860-0871. Photolum EEPL floor strips removed.
LiveTV system removed from aircraft 851-859.

- Lavatories:
Lavatory B removed and replaced with a new triple seat.
Exterior and interior of all lavatories updated with new United décor.

- Galleys & Closets:
Existing G2A and G2B galleys removed and replaced with new aisle-facing G2A galley.
Galley features new United décor post modification.
New galley mat installed.
Door 4 right closet removed and replaced with windscreen and additional triple seat.

- Overhead Bins:
New Boeing overhead bin extension doors installed throughout cabin to increase baggage space.
New overhead bins installed in place of removed G2B, Lav B, and Door 4 closet.
You are here.

CALTECH

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Hearing from Techs, not a cowling issue, that would have come off early even at liftoff. And the inlet would have stayed on the engine.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyaWMaFexls

Acft 2473 Fan Blade Loss

Damage #2 ENG , IFSD 20 Miles Into Descent
Acft Missing #2 Eng Nose Cowl And Fan Cowls.
Damage to right fuselage, right inboard leading edge and panels by Rt landing light and by Rt engine pylon, inboard flap canoe, flapperon, Rt main landing gear door, mid-span of leading edge on Rt stabilizer, beside damage to the main engine and pylon, missing nose cowl, both Lt & Rt fan cowl and damage to both reversers.
You are here.

gwrudolph

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:57 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Acft # 860

United is modifying 21 757-300 aircraft to a 24F/54E+/156Y “Slimline” configuration. This modification will install new first class seats, new economy class seats, new Untied décor and several other changes detailed below. Upon completion, aircraft will re-enter revenue service as the 75E fleet code.
The first aircraft to undergo this modification is 860 and it is set to release back to revenue service in February 2018.

- Cabin:

- Lavatories:

- Galleys & Closets:
Existing G2A and G2B galleys removed and replaced with new aisle-facing G2A galley.
Door 4 right closet removed and replaced with windscreen and additional triple seat.

- Overhead Bins:
New Boeing overhead bin extension doors installed throughout cabin to increase baggage space.

So they are not completely replacing the lavs? No sidewall or lighting enhancements?

United1

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Two plusses in my book...I know UA reached an agreement with LiveTV to add streaming video to all of the 737s. Have they reached an agreement as well to start winding down the system?
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

calpsafltskeds

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Nice as it will standardize the 753 fleet and make the Hawaii runs work better. I'm not sure how the units will go through reconfiguration and if other work is being completed on as needed, but it would make sense to me to do the sCO units first to get the DTV removed on the whole 753 fleet more quickly.
I wonder what UA did to get released from the DTV contract. UA could have added 737NGs during slimline configuration on a one-to-one swap with the 753. 3519-3527 is a small 9 738 no DTV/non-Sky aircraft subfleet.

AA737-823

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:24 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Acft # 860
- Lavatories:

Do I understand correctly that they're going UP to 234 seats, yet REDUCING LAV count???
That's loony tunes.
ETA: I just checked Delta's 753 layout, which is supposedly what United is copying, and Delta maintained 5 lavatories.
So... surely United isn't going down to 4?

calpsafltskeds

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Looking at the DL vs UA config (UA's is shown on united.com as the only 753 config even though no aircraft have been converted).
DL has one fewer galley in the F area and has one more lav. For what its worth, the lav behind F will probably be designated for E+/Y, meaning 1 for 70 pax, approximately equal to the 738 at 1 for 75 and 320 at 1 for 69.

SFOtoORD

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:04 am

AA737-823 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Acft # 860
- Lavatories:

Do I understand correctly that they're going UP to 234 seats, yet REDUCING LAV count???
That's loony tunes.
ETA: I just checked Delta's 753 layout, which is supposedly what United is copying, and Delta maintained 5 lavatories.

These planes have United’s most decrepit interiors. No matter how much you seek to find something wrong with them it continues to not be the dramatic issue you’re attempting to turn it into.

AA737-823

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:00 am

SFOtoORD wrote:

These planes have United’s most decrepit interiors. No matter how much you seek to find something wrong with them it continues to not be the dramatic issue you’re attempting to turn it into.

I'm sorry, what?
What does "decrepit interiors" have to do with what we're talking about?
You don't seem to like facts, so let's dabble in some more of them.
The 739 has 4 lavs for 179 PAX. The new 753 will have 4 lavs (one fewer than Delta, whom United is always accused of following in the footsteps of) for 234 PAX.
That's 55 MORE people than the 739 with same lavs. And these birds fly some LONG routes.
And let's not forget that just a few years ago, there was a sub-fleet of 738's that ALSO had four lavatories, for even fewer people.

"No matter how much [I] seek to find something wrong with them..."
Well I don't have to look very hard!
Or maybe folks like yourself just enjoy waiting in line for lavatories?

I was told recently to quit complaining, because this airplane was going to be made to match Delta's.
It's not.
United has, once again, found a way to configure a plane WORSE than Delta.
And I don't even fly Delta; I'm no DL fanboy.

SFOtoORD

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:25 am

AA737-823 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:

I'm sorry, what?
The 739 has 4 lavs for 179 PAX. The new 753 will have 4 lavs (one fewer than Delta, whom United is always accused of following in the footsteps of) for 234 PAX.
That's 55 MORE people than the 739 with same lavs. And these birds fly some LONG routes.
And let's not forget that just a few years ago, there was a sub-fleet of 738's that ALSO had four lavatories, for even fewer people.

I was told recently to quit complaining, because this airplane was going to be made to match Delta's.
It's not.

You just wrote 4 paragraphs about losing one bathroom. Much ado about nothing.

On the whole these aircraft need a new cabin. Losing one lav isn’t great, but it’s not a half page rant.

77H

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:45 am

AA737-823 wrote:
SFOtoORD wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

It's not.

You don’t fly DL and you made it quite clear in another thread you “kicked UA to the curb” last year. For someone who doesn’t fly UA any longer it’s curious that you seem to be a major contributor in every UA thread, the majority of your posts, negative in nature. If you’re not longer a patron of UA why does anything they do matter to you enough to spend time drafting up paragraphs long posts? Trouble cutting the cord?

77H

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:09 am

Please keep posts respectful and on-topic. There's no need for hostility when discussing seat configurations and lav counts :)

✈️ atcsundevil

calpsafltskeds

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Are there complaints about the 738, which has 3 lavs, or 1 lav for 55 pax (1 for 75 in E+/Y).
The 753 is pretty close at 1 to 58.5 overall and 1 to 70 in E+/Y.

VC10er

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:44 pm

I really do not know much about the 757-300. In fact I think I’ve only ever been on one a couple of times. I don’t think they are ever at EWR. I’ve seen plenty and they are remarkably long!
Compared to the 757-200, how much more limited are they to accommodate the additional length?

What is their maximum range? Can they do transcontinental? I assume they cannot do TATL routes? And 24 in First doesn’t seem like there are that many more First Class seats than say a 737-900 or A320?

My friends in SF loath these 757-300s because they say that they find themselves on them all the time. They never fly in F so the complaint is usually about boarding times, although they do always fly E+.

Since they are getting “the works” in terms of a full interior mod, I presume United is gonna keep them for a long time. They may actually look better inside than the 752 (except no bed seats) with new bulkheads and all...so I wonder:
Will the 757-200 get interior mods but keeping the current flat seats? Currently the 752 doesn’t look as good (visually only) as the original p.s. version and TATL. If United is going to keep 752s doing certain TATL routes side by side with 77W, “Polaris” 763 and 772, and upcoming 78J the 752 will look even older than it does inside.

My point being if their TATL fleet (one day) will be very attractive inside one day and “if” United keeps the 752 going TATL they will stick out like a VERY sore thump!

FlyHossD

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:14 pm

VC10er wrote:
...Will the 757-200 get interior mods but keeping the current flat seats? Currently the 752 doesn’t look as good (visually only) as the original p.s. version and TATL. If United is going to keep 752s doing certain TATL routes side by side with 77W, “Polaris” 763 and 772, and upcoming 78J the 752 will look even older than it does inside.

My point being if their TATL fleet (one day) will be very attractive inside one day and “if” United keeps the 752 going TATL they will stick out like a VERY sore thump!

Quoting you, "Currently the 752 doesn’t look as good (visually only) as the original p.s. version and TATL." At least for the sCO 757-200s, they are the "TATL" birds and as such, still have the lay-down business/first seats. I rode on SNN-EWR this past summer and the seat hadn't changed, though it was branded Polaris and it was a very nice flight.

So which 752s are you complaining about?
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

gwrudolph

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:

Nice as it will standardize the 753 fleet and make the Hawaii runs work better. I'm not sure how the units will go through reconfiguration and if other work is being completed on as needed, but it would make sense to me to do the sCO units first to get the DTV removed on the whole 753 fleet more quickly.
I wonder what UA did to get released from the DTV contract. UA could have added 737NGs during slimline configuration on a one-to-one swap with the 753. 3519-3527 is a small 9 738 no DTV/non-Sky aircraft subfleet.

Not sure I understand what you mean? All 753 birds were sCO. All sUA 757s were the PW 752s and only the P.S. versions of them remain. sUA never had 753s.

gwrudolph

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:32 pm

SFOtoORD wrote:
AA737-823 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
Acft # 860
- Lavatories:

That's loony tunes.

Those 753s really do have awful interiors. Arm rests are torn, sidewalls are yellowed, etc. Hopefully they will replace the sidewalls, lighting, and full lav replacement.

audidudi

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:43 pm

CALTECH wrote:
Acft # 860

- Cabin:

- Lavatories:

- Galleys & Closets:

- Overhead Bins:

860 has completed mods.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N73860

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:17 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:

Not sure I understand what you mean? All 753 birds were sCO. All sUA 757s were the PW 752s and only the P.S. versions of them remain. sUA never had 753s.

About half of the 753 fleet came from ATA following their bankruptcy about 10 years ago. There have always been some differences between the original CO fleet and those that are ex-TZ aircraft.

STT757

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:50 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:

9 of the 21 753s were delivered new to CO, those are the ones with Directv, the other twelve were originally delivered to ATA with CO acquiring them from ATA.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

KVH68

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:18 am

N24973
02/25/18, IAD-SFO, Flight# 0424
02/25/18, SFO-IAD, Flight# 0753
02/26/18, IAD-SFO, Flight# 0424
02/26/18, SFO-IAD, Flight# 0753

N24974
02/25/18, IAD-LAX, Flight# 0632
02/25/18, LAX-IAD, Flight# 0783

VC10er

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 am

FlyHossD wrote:
VC10er wrote:
...Will the 757-200 get interior mods but keeping the current flat seats? Currently the 752 doesn’t look as good (visually only) as the original p.s. version and TATL. If United is going to keep 752s doing certain TATL routes side by side with 77W, “Polaris” 763 and 772, and upcoming 78J the 752 will look even older than it does inside.

Quoting you, "Currently the 752 doesn’t look as good (visually only) as the original p.s. version and TATL." At least for the sCO 757-200s, they are the "TATL" birds and as such, still have the lay-down business/first seats. I rode on SNN-EWR this past summer and the seat hadn't changed, though it was branded Polaris and it was a very nice flight.

I’m not really complaining, I go out of my way to fly UA’s 752s. But they all have the boring blue interiors and now the 753s will have a nicer interior if they are truly renovated (except they won’t have bed seats). I personally like the design of the new domestic interiors and international with Polaris. The current 752s look like an average 737 except for the F bed.
The “nicer” p.s. birds I’m referring to were legacy UA’s launch interiors for p.s. (at the time, IMHO, I thought they were great looking- despite the uncomfortable Singapore First seat, which looked nice but weren’t comfortable)
I personally think that p.s. and TATL 752 interiors should be updated even if they keep the current flat beds as they are fine for the missions the 752 fly.
But as they will ultimately fly next to Polaris modified wide bodies they need sprucing up.

calpsafltskeds

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 pm

753:
N73860 exited RFD 2803/23Feb in new slimline configuration. New configuration is 24F/ 54E+/ 156Y. Has new F cabin, inseat power rows 1-23, new overhead bin doors, WiFi, and PDE entertainment.
N57863 entered RFD 30Jan for slimline mod
N57869 entered RFD 2772/12Feb for slimline mod
Looks like the sTZ units will get mod before the sCO DTV units.

772:
N221UA sked to exit XMN 2793/26Feb
N785UA sked to enter XMN 2794/26Feb

789:
Pretty cool both new 789's taking first revenue flights today.
N24973 already in the air 424/25Feb
N24974 sked at 12:30pm 632/25Feb

CR2:
N448AW - Entered service with UAX on 21-Feb

codc10

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:46 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
772:

N221UA wasn't in long enough for Polaris, but could N785UA be going in for the mod?

FlyHossD

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:40 pm

VC10er wrote:
FlyHossD wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I’m not really complaining, I go out of my way to fly UA’s 752s. But they all have the boring blue interiors and now the 753s will have a nicer interior if they are truly renovated (except they won’t have bed seats). I personally like the design of the new domestic interiors and international with Polaris. The current 752s look like an average 737 except for the F bed.
The “nicer” p.s. birds I’m referring to were legacy UA’s launch interiors for p.s. (at the time, IMHO, I thought they were great looking- despite the uncomfortable Singapore First seat, which looked nice but weren’t comfortable)
I personally think that p.s. and TATL 752 interiors should be updated even if they keep the current flat beds as they are fine for the missions the 752 fly.
But as they will ultimately fly next to Polaris modified wide bodies they need sprucing up.

So, and by your own admission, you're complaining about planes that don't exist? The UA 752s are either the sUA P.S. 752s or the sCO TATL style 752s. You wrote, "Currently the 752 doesn’t look as good (visually only) as the original p.s. version and TATL " Ahem - that's all the UAL 752s that are in the UAL fleet today, is it not?

The sole UA 752 I rode on last year seemed to be in good shape in the cabin. I won't offer an opinion on the others (sCO or sUA).
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

iahcsr

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
753:
N73860 exited RFD 2803/23Feb in new slimline configuration. New configuration is 24F/ 54E+/ 156Y. Has new F cabin, inseat power rows 1-23, new overhead bin doors, WiFi, and PDE entertainment.
N57863 entered RFD 30Jan for slimline mod
N57869 entered RFD 2772/12Feb for slimline mod
Looks like the sTZ units will get mod before the sCO DTV units.

772:

789:
Pretty cool both new 789's taking first revenue flights today.
N24973 already in the air 424/25Feb
N24974 sked at 12:30pm 632/25Feb

CR2:
N448AW - Entered service with UAX on 21-Feb

Both now airborne... Nice considering in the past some of the first tries haven’t gone quite as planned.
Next up will be the Max9 then the 78J. Will be interesting to see how introducing these two new types goes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos