Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:52 am

772:
N791UA Polaris seat map confirmed 896/7Oct

788:
N45905 exited XMN 2752/4Oct
N28912 entered FTW paint 1725/4Oct

UAX
CR2: (more torture machines)
N417SW (2000 build) entered UAX fleet with Skywest (Globe livery)
N423SW (2000 build) entered UAX fleet with Skywest (Globe livery)
N955SW (2003 build) entered UAX fleet with Skywest (Globe livery)

First 4 CRJ-200s for ExpressJet now flying:
N905EV now flying UAX with ExpressJet (Globe)
N903EV now flying UAX with ExpressJet (Globe)
N884AS now flying UAX with ExpressJet (Globe)
N854AS now flying UAX with ExpressJet (Globe)
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:13 am

When you say “First” does that mean the 4 CRJ-200’s are brand new or just renovated or repainted? Thanks
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:13 am

VC10er wrote:
When you say “First” does that mean the 4 CRJ-200’s are brand new or just renovated or repainted? Thanks


They are used. ExpressJet will be getting 20 frames. Repainted yes. Renovated no.
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:19 am

UAinAUS wrote:
VC10er wrote:
When you say “First” does that mean the 4 CRJ-200’s are brand new or just renovated or repainted? Thanks


They are used. ExpressJet will be getting 20 frames. Repainted yes. Renovated no.

I’ve heard ExpressJet may be getting something new in the not too distant future... Won’t say more than that as it’s mere hearsay atm. :crossfingers:
 
ual777
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:18 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:39 pm

iahcsr wrote:
UAinAUS wrote:
VC10er wrote:
When you say “First” does that mean the 4 CRJ-200’s are brand new or just renovated or repainted? Thanks


They are used. ExpressJet will be getting 20 frames. Repainted yes. Renovated no.

I’ve heard ExpressJet may be getting something new in the not too distant future... Won’t say more than that as it’s mere hearsay atm. :crossfingers:


Well the contract the pilots just signed guaranteed at least 25 Emb-175s....so I'm guessing that.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:46 pm

772:
N797UA entered XMN 2763/6Oct for Polaris/PE
 
jetmatt777
Posts: 4811
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Anyone know what I was looking at? I saw some 739’s in the schedule that are 8F, 159Y. That’s a pretty big drop in capacity for a 900?
 
flyguy84
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 pm

ual777 wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
UAinAUS wrote:

They are used. ExpressJet will be getting 20 frames. Repainted yes. Renovated no.

I’ve heard ExpressJet may be getting something new in the not too distant future... Won’t say more than that as it’s mere hearsay atm. :crossfingers:


Well the contract the pilots just signed guaranteed at least 25 Emb-175s....so I'm guessing that.

That is not correct. There was language in the initial agreement that said if they weren’t awarded 175 or sold by January that they could re-open negotiations. However, in the final language that was ratified and signed, that was removed.
 
flyguy84
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:49 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
Anyone know what I was looking at? I saw some 739’s in the schedule that are 8F, 159Y. That’s a pretty big drop in capacity for a 900?

How far out were you looking? They were likely just showing a placeholder seatmap as the equipment hasn’t been finalized. United always does this so they don’t oversell the F cabin prior to finalizing the aircraft type.
 
Benni228
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 1:38 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Interestingly I saw they’ve changed the placeholder seatmaps for the 77E fleet to account for th change in Y from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3 in Y. I was looking up SFO-LHR at Christmas, and it shows the old F and J cabins but then 3-4-3 in Y but with one seat in every Y row blocked out. Presumably this makes it easier for equipment subs as more 777’s get Polaris
 
Tkt96
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:12 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
ual777 wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
I’ve heard ExpressJet may be getting something new in the not too distant future... Won’t say more than that as it’s mere hearsay atm. :crossfingers:


Well the contract the pilots just signed guaranteed at least 25 Emb-175s....so I'm guessing that.

That is not correct. There was language in the initial agreement that said if they weren’t awarded 175 or sold by January that they could re-open negotiations. However, in the final language that was ratified and signed, that was removed.


The part about being sold was removed...the part about the 175's is still in the contract.
 
xxcr
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Benni228 wrote:
Interestingly I saw they’ve changed the placeholder seatmaps for the 77E fleet to account for th change in Y from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3 in Y. I was looking up SFO-LHR at Christmas, and it shows the old F and J cabins but then 3-4-3 in Y but with one seat in every Y row blocked out. Presumably this makes it easier for equipment subs as more 777’s get Polaris


thats weird, SFO-LHR is usually on a 77W and 772. There are only a few 772 with Polaris and PE, so its very unlikely that you'll see it on the SFO-LHR route. This will only confuse passengers when they book a seat in Y.
 
User avatar
747d10
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 pm

xxcr wrote:
Benni228 wrote:
Interestingly I saw they’ve changed the placeholder seatmaps for the 77E fleet to account for th change in Y from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3 in Y. I was looking up SFO-LHR at Christmas, and it shows the old F and J cabins but then 3-4-3 in Y but with one seat in every Y row blocked out. Presumably this makes it easier for equipment subs as more 777’s get Polaris


thats weird, SFO-LHR is usually on a 77W and 772. There are only a few 772 with Polaris and PE, so its very unlikely that you'll see it on the SFO-LHR route. This will only confuse passengers when they book a seat in Y.



The 77E placeholder seatmap adds "F" seats to each row of coach: ABC DEFG HJK, whereas the non-modded 77E seatmap is ABC DEG HJK. The "F" seats on the placeholder map are blocked, presumably until the exact configuration has been confirmed for each specific flight. It's really the best way to handle it, IMHO.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:42 pm

757-300 slimline seats:
N75858 sked to exit MIA 2731/9Oct with slimlines/PDE, DTV removed
N77871 sked to exit MIA 2730/8Oct, slimlines
N56859 sked to enter MIA 2730/8Oct, slimlines, PDE
N75861 sked to enter MIA 27314/8Oct, slimlines
11 of 21 complete, 2 going into modification. Assume RFD is not being used anymore.

789:
N27959 exited XMN maint 2721/8Oct
 
User avatar
FlightLevel360
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:11 am

On the 757-200 spreadsheet, what is the "New Seats Reported?" Are the sCO 757s getting a new type of seat, or are only the seat covers being renovated to the leather type instead of the cloth type?
 
CONTACREW
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:19 am

FlightLevel360 wrote:
On the 757-200 spreadsheet, what is the "New Seats Reported?" Are the sCO 757s getting a new type of seat, or are only the seat covers being renovated to the leather type instead of the cloth type?


Just getting new seat covers.
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:38 am

39M
N37507 shows scheduled SEABFI on 10Oct. I suspect this will be for another employee “delivery” flight, probably BFIIAH. Could be absolutely wrong, but methinks not.
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:58 am

Regarding the large 737MAX order, has there been an official statement as to how fast the units will arrive? Eg; 1 a month, 15 per year or even full delivery by 202X? “Anything” regarding timing?
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:10 pm

CONTACREW wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:
On the 757-200 spreadsheet, what is the "New Seats Reported?" Are the sCO 757s getting a new type of seat, or are only the seat covers being renovated to the leather type instead of the cloth type?


Just getting new seat covers.


Anything about interior refurbishment or renovation? I was on one this past week and the interiors in general were showing serious signs of wear and tear. Scuffed and scratched bulkheads and seat shells, TV monitor panels with deep scratches and foam rubber strips falling out of spaces between the bulkheads and sidewalls, etc.

It’s a disconnect to go from the EWR Polaris Lounge to a shabby looking 752x

If they are not going to get the entire “new design” then UA should at least maintain the interiors in good condition- especially when Polaris on the 752 TATL birds sell for the same price as a well kept 767, 772 or 77W!
 
snuggs28
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
772:
N797UA entered XMN 2763/6Oct for Polaris/PE



Only a C Check no Polaris. N792UA will be the next one one out with Polaris. N224UA will be the next Aircraft going in for Polaris Retrofit.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

What's the schedule for 77W PE retrofit? Seems odd that UA takes one a/c out for a two week period at random times vs. one dedicated line. Perhaps we'll see one dedicated line when the last 77W arrives. Any idea if arrival is Oct/Nov/Dec?
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:26 pm

fun2fly wrote:
What's the schedule for 77W PE retrofit? Seems odd that UA takes one a/c out for a two week period at random times vs. one dedicated line. Perhaps we'll see one dedicated line when the last 77W arrives. Any idea if arrival is Oct/Nov/Dec?

That is the big Q.. for delivery this year it really has to be LN 1580,82-85 (81 is a -9) The spread sheet I have seen shows these all as ‘unknown customer’ :scratchchin:
 
snuggs28
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 pm

77W Prem Eco starts in earnest this week. Actually as of today. N2136U is in now. They are on 15 Day cycles. For the first 10 or so. These aircraft are also getting a B Check's done at the same time.

After those are done. Then the other handful of 77W's, should take a week.
 
User avatar
DolphinAir747
Posts: 1901
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Any idea why N660UA flew ORD-CDG-ORD yesterday, rather than the usual LHR rotation? For now will this single 3-class frame just randomly replace 2-class 767 routes out of ORD? it's a capacity drop of 30 seats.
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 am

iahcsr wrote:
39M
N37507 shows scheduled SEABFI on 10Oct. I suspect this will be for another employee “delivery” flight, probably BFIIAH. Could be absolutely wrong, but methinks not.

Methought correctly. UA2685 BFIIAH 11Oct. Should be filled to the brim with lucky UA employees. In the press release it will no doubt say “UA took delivery today of its 7th -9Max” etc...
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:07 am

DolphinAir747 wrote:
Any idea why N660UA flew ORD-CDG-ORD yesterday, rather than the usual LHR rotation? For now will this single 3-class frame just randomly replace 2-class 767 routes out of ORD? it's a capacity drop of 30 seats.

Most likely an equipment substitution... I would presume/hope the flight wasn’t booked full. 660 is now back to its usual ORDLHR never ending circle.
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 5746
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:01 am

GmoneyCO wrote:
Anyone have an update on when the 3 E135s will finally exit the fleet?

I was just looking at FlightRadar24, and it appears that N12528 last flew on the 3rd of October, N28529 on the 4th, and N12530 on the 9th (having not flown since the 3rd before that). Perhaps the end is nigh?

V/F
 
splitterz
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:28 am

iahcsr wrote:
iahcsr wrote:
39M
N37507 shows scheduled SEABFI on 10Oct. I suspect this will be for another employee “delivery” flight, probably BFIIAH. Could be absolutely wrong, but methinks not.

Methought correctly. UA2685 BFIIAH 11Oct. Should be filled to the brim with lucky UA employees. In the press release it will no doubt say “UA took delivery today of its 7th -9Max” etc...


THATS why ord-sea is full of PS employees.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:47 am

39M:
N37507 sked first revenue flight 1867/11Oct IAH-EWR

789:
N26960 entered XMN maint 2735/8Oct

UAX - More CR2 fun
N864AS (2001 build) has joined the Skywest floater fleet (Skywest livery)
N928EV (2005 build) has joined the Skywest floater fleet (Skywest livery)
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:30 pm

738:
N79279 exited HOU 2692/26Sep as a GUM unit
N37293 exited HOU 2763/11Oct as Domestic unit, GUM swap with N26297
N39297 entered HOU 2732/9Oct, will watch for exit to if another swapped out unit
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Recently I noticed after taking many domestic trips, ALL on 737-8/900’s, that most of the 900’s seem to have the Boeing Sky ceiling - some don’t. But all of them have the better old generation First Class seats.
All the 800’s I was on had old ceilings and the oldest of F seats.
I assume they are all exCO 737’s. Did they come in different batches at different times? A couple of the 900’s were really new looking inside (but none were MAX’s)
I assume the handful of MAX’s have the newest F seats? I assume the MAX9 interiors have the new bulkheads, class plaque and perhaps entry way branding?
While not horribly inconsistent- they will be once more and more MAX’s and refurbished A319s are flying. I couldn’t help but wonder if they all will be brought up to the most current EVERYTHING?
Is it even on HQ’s radar given all the other major investments systemwide?
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 am

738:
UPDATED GUM swap
N79279 exited HOU 2692/26Sep as a GUM unit
N36280 exited IAH 2735/25Sep as a GUM unit.
N37293 exited HOU 2763/11Oct as Domestic unit, GUM swap
N39297 entered HOU 2732/9Oct, most likely a GUM swap unit.

763:
N685UA (former N590HA), sked to ferry MCI-GYR 2709/13Oct for short term storage
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:20 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
738:
UPDATED GUM swap
N79279 exited HOU 2692/26Sep as a GUM unit
N36280 exited IAH 2735/25Sep as a GUM unit.
N37293 exited HOU 2763/11Oct as Domestic unit, GUM swap
N39297 entered HOU 2732/9Oct, most likely a GUM swap unit.

763:
N685UA (former N590HA), sked to ferry MCI-GYR 2709/13Oct for short term storage

763
N685UA still showing as N590HA on FlightAware... UA2709 appears doing air return back to MCI.
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:57 pm

iahcsr wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:
738:
UPDATED GUM swap
N79279 exited HOU 2692/26Sep as a GUM unit
N36280 exited IAH 2735/25Sep as a GUM unit.
N37293 exited HOU 2763/11Oct as Domestic unit, GUM swap
N39297 entered HOU 2732/9Oct, most likely a GUM swap unit.

763:
N685UA (former N590HA), sked to ferry MCI-GYR 2709/13Oct for short term storage

763
N685UA still showing as N590HA on FlightAware... UA2709 appears doing air return back to MCI.

Departed again from Kansas City for GYR, now seems diverting to PHX. :spin:
 
N649DL
Posts: 1185
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:40 am

FlightLevel360 wrote:
On the 757-200 spreadsheet, what is the "New Seats Reported?" Are the sCO 757s getting a new type of seat, or are only the seat covers being renovated to the leather type instead of the cloth type?


Definitely new leather covers in Y. They look pretty sharp compared to the former. Unfortunately they aren't replacing the AVOD systems which are getting old.
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 am

I just read about this “Private Suite” co-branded luxury services from a new terminal at LAX. From what I can tell from reading it, it would seem to provide even more privacy and luxury over the soon to open LAX Polaris Lounge.
What is the purpose of this partnership? To provide the most premium passengers something until the Polaris Lounge opens...or is it a long term offer for celebrities and business people who require even “more”?
Is this something UA hopes to do at other hubs such as SFO or EWR etc?
The story resides on the United Hub subsite.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25640
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:47 am

The Private Suite is a product that is available to the majority of airlines at LAX.
Its simply a privately managed facility located on the airport perimeter with its own TSA and CBP inspections. Clients and their bags are driven rampside to/from their aircraft avoiding the terminal and public eye. All UA has done is negotiated bit discounted pricing and is jointly marketing the product.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:07 am

N792UA 777 Polaris unit looks to have a test hop at XMN on 7/16
 
jayunited
Posts: 3608
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm

LAXintl wrote:
The Private Suite is a product that is available to the majority of airlines at LAX.
Its simply a privately managed facility located on the airport perimeter with its own TSA and CBP inspections. Clients and their bags are driven rampside to/from their aircraft avoiding the terminal and public eye. All UA has done is negotiated bit discounted pricing and is jointly marketing the product.


Exactly, I hope our premium passengers in the Los Angeles know that Private Suite cost extra over and above the cost of their business class ticket. If would be a PR nightmare if UA has not made it clear that Private Suite is not included in the price of a standard business class seat but instead is an extra expense.
 
tpaewr
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat May 19, 2001 9:01 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:57 am

VC10er wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:
On the 757-200 spreadsheet, what is the "New Seats Reported?" Are the sCO 757s getting a new type of seat, or are only the seat covers being renovated to the leather type instead of the cloth type?


Just getting new seat covers.


Anything about interior refurbishment or renovation? I was on one this past week and the interiors in general were showing serious signs of wear and tear. Scuffed and scratched bulkheads and seat shells, TV monitor panels with deep scratches and foam rubber strips falling out of spaces between the bulkheads and sidewalls, etc.

It’s a disconnect to go from the EWR Polaris Lounge to a shabby looking 752x

If they are not going to get the entire “new design” then UA should at least maintain the interiors in good condition- especially when Polaris on the 752 TATL birds sell for the same price as a well kept 767, 772 or 77W!




It isn’t just the 752, I flew out of HKG on a sCO 777. The interior was nothing short of battered. Chipped shells, torn ottomans etc. Even in the darkest days after 9/11 that plane never looked that way. There is no reason it should now.

It bugged me enough I took a few pictures and sent them to Scott who I had ran into in Houston just few days prior. I know he has bigger issues to deal with but it is such a bad look and we are making so much money now there is no reason for it.


I was in Boston earlier this month and a 737 literally had the Globe logo peeling off the tail like the plane was molting.

The gate agent stated it was because the Tulip was coming back anyway.....I just didn’t touch any of that with a ten foot pole.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Not sure how much after 9/11 you are talking about, but at 9/11 sCO's oldest 772 was just 3 years old.
 
User avatar
cosyr
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:02 pm

jayunited wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
The Private Suite is a product that is available to the majority of airlines at LAX.
Its simply a privately managed facility located on the airport perimeter with its own TSA and CBP inspections. Clients and their bags are driven rampside to/from their aircraft avoiding the terminal and public eye. All UA has done is negotiated bit discounted pricing and is jointly marketing the product.


Exactly, I hope our premium passengers in the Los Angeles know that Private Suite cost extra over and above the cost of their business class ticket. If would be a PR nightmare if UA has not made it clear that Private Suite is not included in the price of a standard business class seat but instead is an extra expense.

I'm sure the movie studios and business managers buying both the tickets and the Private Suite for the actors using it know how it works. While luxurious, the services has only one real purpose above the kind of luxuries offered by airlines, discretion from the general flying public.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:20 pm

772:
N224UA flying 895/15Oct, then should head to XMN for Polaris/PE
N792UA sked to exit XMN 2741/17Oct, then 896/17Oct with Polaris/PE

788:
N28912 sked to exit FTW paint 2728/15Oct
 
xxcr
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Im looking at the spreadsheet for the fleet upgrades and wondering which 753 got retrofitted with the new F/C seats? Im flying SFO-DEN-SFO in December and want to see if my plane has the new F or not. I can tell from the Y layout that its the new layout, but curious to see if it has the new F seats.

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... e-aircraft
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:39 pm

xxcr:
I'm virtually sure all with slimlines have new F seats. There should be 3 to 5 aircraft with old F seats in a fleet of 19 operating (2 in Mod) in December, so your odds should be 75 to 85% of getting new F seats.
I changed the top of the 753 fleet spresdsheet to indicate slimlines and new F seats in configuration highlighted in Yellow.
 
User avatar
hOMSaR
Moderator
Posts: 2393
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:09 pm

xxcr wrote:
Im looking at the spreadsheet for the fleet upgrades and wondering which 753 got retrofitted with the new F/C seats? Im flying SFO-DEN-SFO in December and want to see if my plane has the new F or not. I can tell from the Y layout that its the new layout, but curious to see if it has the new F seats.

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... e-aircraft


You won't really know until a few days out what the configuration will be, and even then, there's the chance of it changing with an equipment swap.

The seat map loaded is likely a placeholder seat map that is a hybrid of old and new, and not actually a seating configuration in existence. Even if 75% of the fleet is complete by the time of your flight, there is no way to know which configuration you will get until a specific plane is assigned to your flight. As long as both configurations are in operation, you won't know ahead of time.
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 pm

LAXintl wrote:
The Private Suite is a product that is available to the majority of airlines at LAX.
Its simply a privately managed facility located on the airport perimeter with its own TSA and CBP inspections. Clients and their bags are driven rampside to/from their aircraft avoiding the terminal and public eye. All UA has done is negotiated bit discounted pricing and is jointly marketing the product.


I read the article on United.com/hub and nowhere do I recall “for an additional fee”- it could be there in some form and I could have missed it- but it absolutely does NOT call it out in an unmistakable way. I immediately got the idea behind it, that when Beyoncé flies a 73G to San Diego, it’s super private. But I also assumed that UA needs VIP club space at all its biggest hubs. Polaris is strictly managed (about who can/cannot enter) and the United Clubs are packed like the planet Gideon!

I’m not sure if it would be a service I personally would be interested in - but the article sure makes it sound like something “new and sexy” from United!
 
VC10er
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:31 pm

tpaewr wrote:
VC10er wrote:
CONTACREW wrote:

Just getting new seat covers.


Anything about interior refurbishment or renovation? I was on one this past week and the interiors in general were showing serious signs of wear and tear. Scuffed and scratched bulkheads and seat shells, TV monitor panels with deep scratches and foam rubber strips falling out of spaces between the bulkheads and sidewalls, etc.

It’s a disconnect to go from the EWR Polaris Lounge to a shabby looking 752x

If they are not going to get the entire “new design” then UA should at least maintain the interiors in good condition- especially when Polaris on the 752 TATL birds sell for the same price as a well kept 767, 772 or 77W!




It isn’t just the 752, I flew out of HKG on a sCO 777. The interior was nothing short of battered. Chipped shells, torn ottomans etc. Even in the darkest days after 9/11 that plane never looked that way. There is no reason it should now.

It bugged me enough I took a few pictures and sent them to Scott who I had ran into in Houston just few days prior. I know he has bigger issues to deal with but it is such a bad look and we are making so much money now there is no reason for it.


I was in Boston earlier this month and a 737 literally had the Globe logo peeling off the tail like the plane was molting.

The gate agent stated it was because the Tulip was coming back anyway.....I just didn’t touch any of that with a ten foot pole.


It is a problem, hopefully just short lived. I was on another 752 yesterday from EWR to Denver, I was in seat 1F. Actually the seat looked brand new, the bulkheads though are really shabby. So, nature called and I went to the lav, the front lav was occupied so I checked the one at the rear of First, the one E & F can share. It was “vacant”. I was absolutely appalled by how bad the conditions were and I too took pictures to send in. It was seemingly clean, but everything was just so old and worn that I simply couldn’t believe it. Just outside the Economy cabin looked very nice, all new seats and carpets etc, but this was basically their lav I presume (E+). A couple hours later, nature called again but this time I used the front lav by the flight deck door. It was perfect inside. Except for very old faucet design, it was “spiffy and new looking” so now I get it:
1: United knows how to renovate an old lavatory
2: United will do this for the premium cabin
3: Economy passengers are not worthy of a renovated lav
(Yet: the Economy tickets on that flight were very expensive, so buying up to F was a no brainer)
4: I can understand not pouring a lot money into something that is only going to have a very short life. But with every UA aircraft PACKED, that translates into many, many hundreds of thousands of passengers who will have to use these lavs before the 752s move on- how many years (roughly) do the UA752’s have left? If it’s more than 6 months- United, please fix all the lavatories, it’s the decent thing to do!
 
snuggs28
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:48 pm

VC10er wrote:
tpaewr wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Anything about interior refurbishment or renovation? I was on one this past week and the interiors in general were showing serious signs of wear and tear. Scuffed and scratched bulkheads and seat shells, TV monitor panels with deep scratches and foam rubber strips falling out of spaces between the bulkheads and sidewalls, etc.

It’s a disconnect to go from the EWR Polaris Lounge to a shabby looking 752x

If they are not going to get the entire “new design” then UA should at least maintain the interiors in good condition- especially when Polaris on the 752 TATL birds sell for the same price as a well kept 767, 772 or 77W!




It isn’t just the 752, I flew out of HKG on a sCO 777. The interior was nothing short of battered. Chipped shells, torn ottomans etc. Even in the darkest days after 9/11 that plane never looked that way. There is no reason it should now.

It bugged me enough I took a few pictures and sent them to Scott who I had ran into in Houston just few days prior. I know he has bigger issues to deal with but it is such a bad look and we are making so much money now there is no reason for it.


I was in Boston earlier this month and a 737 literally had the Globe logo peeling off the tail like the plane was molting.

The gate agent stated it was because the Tulip was coming back anyway.....I just didn’t touch any of that with a ten foot pole.


It is a problem, hopefully just short lived. I was on another 752 yesterday from EWR to Denver, I was in seat 1F. Actually the seat looked brand new, the bulkheads though are really shabby. So, nature called and I went to the lav, the front lav was occupied so I checked the one at the rear of First, the one E & F can share. It was “vacant”. I was absolutely appalled by how bad the conditions were and I too took pictures to send in. It was seemingly clean, but everything was just so old and worn that I simply couldn’t believe it. Just outside the Economy cabin looked very nice, all new seats and carpets etc, but this was basically their lav I presume (E+). A couple hours later, nature called again but this time I used the front lav by the flight deck door. It was perfect inside. Except for very old faucet design, it was “spiffy and new looking” so now I get it:
1: United knows how to renovate an old lavatory
2: United will do this for the premium cabin
3: Economy passengers are not worthy of a renovated lav
(Yet: the Economy tickets on that flight were very expensive, so buying up to F was a no brainer)
4: I can understand not pouring a lot money into something that is only going to have a very short life. But with every UA aircraft PACKED, that translates into many, many hundreds of thousands of passengers who will have to use these lavs before the 752s move on- how many years (roughly) do the UA752’s have left? If it’s more than 6 months- United, please fix all the lavatories, it’s the decent thing to do!



Complaining about that here. Really does you no good. Email, Tweet, Facebook, etc. UA.

But to let you know some info. 757 First Class Lavs get used about 1/3 the time Coach class Lavs get used. So the wear and tear will be considerable more in Coach Lavs.
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet Upgrade Status - 2018

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:04 pm

VC10er wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
The Private Suite is a product that is available to the majority of airlines at LAX.
Its simply a privately managed facility located on the airport perimeter with its own TSA and CBP inspections. Clients and their bags are driven rampside to/from their aircraft avoiding the terminal and public eye. All UA has done is negotiated bit discounted pricing and is jointly marketing the product.


I read the article on United.com/hub and nowhere do I recall “for an additional fee”- it could be there in some form and I could have missed it- but it absolutely does NOT call it out in an unmistakable way. I immediately got the idea behind it, that when Beyoncé flies a 73G to San Diego, it’s super private. But I also assumed that UA needs VIP club space at all its biggest hubs. Polaris is strictly managed (about who can/cannot enter) and the United Clubs are packed like the planet Gideon!

I’m not sure if it would be a service I personally would be interested in - but the article sure makes it sound like something “new and sexy” from United!


Just FYI, the discounted rate for The Private Suite when booking through United is $1495.00 for a one-way. This is actually a pretty big discount off the regular rates, but doesn’t guarantee exclusivity as United only has one suite. It is available only in combination with full-price business/first fares to EWR, ASE, HNL, KOA, ITO, LIH, OGG, LHR, SJD, MEL, SYD, PVG, SIN, NRT.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos