Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Breathe
Posts: 725
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm

mullac30 wrote:
KL are to increase INV-AMS to 15 weekly for the whole of S19 (rather than 14 weekly in just July-August in S18), using mostly E190s and occasional E175s and 737-700s

I wonder how much being exempt from APD is having an effect on traffic there? Perhaps a lot more folk are using INV for cheaper premium flights as opposed to going to the usual ex-EU destinations of AMS, OSL and the like, or perhaps people abroad have watched Outlander and the masses want to come visit the Highlands. :D
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Breathe wrote:
mullac30 wrote:
KL are to increase INV-AMS to 15 weekly for the whole of S19 (rather than 14 weekly in just July-August in S18), using mostly E190s and occasional E175s and 737-700s

I wonder how much being exempt from APD is having an effect on traffic there? Perhaps a lot more folk are using INV for cheaper premium flights as opposed to going to the usual ex-EU destinations of AMS, OSL and the like, or perhaps people abroad have watched Outlander and the masses want to come visit the Highlands. :D


What are you on about?

There is NO excemption of APD it's still applicable in Scotland as it is in the rest of the United Kingdom, the only area in the United Kingdom where APD is exempt is from Northern Ireland and it only covers long haul flights and was brought about in a way of keeping United at BFS, they have since left and the only long haul flights available from Northern Ireland are the quasi charter/scheduled flights from VS on BFS to Orlando.

Inverness Airport is in a central position in Scotland and opens up the Highlands to a wider audience I don't think that the increase in passenger numbers is based on your assumption that ''people abroad have watched HIGHLANDER''!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
mullac30
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Cunard wrote:
Breathe wrote:
mullac30 wrote:
KL are to increase INV-AMS to 15 weekly for the whole of S19 (rather than 14 weekly in just July-August in S18), using mostly E190s and occasional E175s and 737-700s

I wonder how much being exempt from APD is having an effect on traffic there? Perhaps a lot more folk are using INV for cheaper premium flights as opposed to going to the usual ex-EU destinations of AMS, OSL and the like, or perhaps people abroad have watched Outlander and the masses want to come visit the Highlands. :D


What are you on about?

There is NO excemption of APD it's still applicable in Scotland as it is in the rest of the United Kingdom, the only area in the United Kingdom where APD is exempt is from Northern Ireland and it only covers long haul flights and was brought about in a way of keeping United at BFS, they have since left and the only long haul flights available from Northern Ireland are the quasi charter/scheduled flights from VS on BFS to Orlando.

Inverness Airport is in a central position in Scotland and opens up the Highlands to a wider audience I don't think that the increase in passenger numbers is based on your assumption that ''people abroad have watched HIGHLANDER''!


While you are right about the Outlander thing, INV is in fact exempt from APD, along with all other airports in the Highlands and Islands
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:36 am

Does that apply to ALL flights originating from Inverness and other airports in the Highlands and Islands or just Loganair Scottish mainland and Island routes?

Does it also apply to British Airways on INV to LHR?

Both serious questions and no sarcasm involved as I wasn't aware of the facts regarding APD and the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
jomur
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:52 am

Applies to all flights. Hence why some people go to INV to connect at LHR to save on the APD especially if travelling PE or higher.
 
Breathe
Posts: 725
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm

Cunard wrote:
Breathe wrote:
mullac30 wrote:
KL are to increase INV-AMS to 15 weekly for the whole of S19 (rather than 14 weekly in just July-August in S18), using mostly E190s and occasional E175s and 737-700s

I wonder how much being exempt from APD is having an effect on traffic there? Perhaps a lot more folk are using INV for cheaper premium flights as opposed to going to the usual ex-EU destinations of AMS, OSL and the like, or perhaps people abroad have watched Outlander and the masses want to come visit the Highlands. :D


What are you on about?

There is NO excemption of APD
it's still applicable in Scotland as it is in the rest of the United Kingdom, the only area in the United Kingdom where APD is exempt is from Northern Ireland and it only covers long haul flights and was brought about in a way of keeping United at BFS, they have since left and the only long haul flights available from Northern Ireland are the quasi charter/scheduled flights from VS on BFS to Orlando.


https://www.invernessairport.co.uk/comm ... velopment/

No APD charged on outbound flights from Inverness


Cunard wrote:
Inverness Airport is in a central position in Scotland and opens up the Highlands to a wider audience I don't think that the increase in passenger numbers is based on your assumption that ''people abroad have watched HIGHLANDER''!

That was a a bit humour, hence the " :D " smiley...

As a side note, do many folk under the age of 30 know about Connor Macleod :mrgreen:
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Cunard wrote:
I don't think that the increase in passenger numbers is based on your assumption that ''people abroad have watched HIGHLANDER''!


It wasn't Highlander that was mentioned it was 'Outlander', a popular HBO history based adventure series, set and filmed in Scotland, funnily enough not in Inverness but in a converted to movie sound stage, ex factory unit in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow and nearer still to the Cumbernauld general aviation field. Maybe they should capitalise on that with some inbound tourism flights eh ?
 
Bhoy
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Ryanair starts crawling back to GLA...

https://www.glasgowairport.com/media-ce ... r%2CWarsaw

Alicante, Malaga, Charleroi and Warsaw are to be resumed from Glasgow next summer, after all. Surely not an admittance that Edinburgh isn't the panacea promoted by it's cheerleaders, after all?
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:31 am

JannEejit wrote:
Cunard wrote:
I don't think that the increase in passenger numbers is based on your assumption that ''people abroad have watched HIGHLANDER''!


It wasn't Highlander that was mentioned it was 'Outlander', a popular HBO history based adventure series, set and filmed in Scotland, funnily enough not in Inverness but in a converted to movie sound stage, ex factory unit in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow and nearer still to the Cumbernauld general aviation field. Maybe they should capitalise on that with some inbound tourism flights eh ?


Hands up that was a total mistake on my behalf as I know that I should have typed OUTLANDER rather than HIGHLANDER.

It wasn't until I had read back that I had realised that I had typed the wrong name but by then it was too late to edit my post.

I had Highlander in my mind when I was typing it but obviously it was incorrect.

Although hands up again I have NEVER watched either Highlander or Outlander as Scottish culture does absolutely nothing for me :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
CrawleyBen
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:22 am

Doncaster Sheffield Airport is to gain a new route to Sanford (Orlando) in 2019. Will be a weekly flight provided by TUI using 787-8 aircraft.

Cancun also being added from 2020, again will be a weekly flight using the above aircraft.

Hurghada also being added in 2019, again with TUI.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/ne ... -1-9425151

Cheers

Ben
 
by738
Posts: 3125
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 am

interesting Emirates have no plans to have a lounge in Edinburgh despite room in the new extension and offering 773 with first class. I presume less than daily or once daily similar routes elsewhere dont have any lounge facility?
 
716131
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:46 am

by738 wrote:
interesting Emirates have no plans to have a lounge in Edinburgh despite room in the new extension and offering 773 with first class. I presume less than daily or once daily similar routes elsewhere dont have any lounge facility?

You mean that there is no lounge in EDI then for their F and J customers then?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
eicvd
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 am

by738 wrote:
interesting Emirates have no plans to have a lounge in Edinburgh despite room in the new extension and offering 773 with first class. I presume less than daily or once daily similar routes elsewhere dont have any lounge facility?

No EK lounge in DUB either
COYBIB
 
awwdabaaby
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am

Sometimes it takes over 10 years before a lounge is added to an airport and it must also be said that out of the 100+ routes Emirates serve, there are only 36 lounges worldwide
 
716131
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 am

eicvd wrote:
by738 wrote:
interesting Emirates have no plans to have a lounge in Edinburgh despite room in the new extension and offering 773 with first class. I presume less than daily or once daily similar routes elsewhere dont have any lounge facility?

No EK lounge in DUB either

They don't have dedicated in DUB, but they do have a shared lounge in DAA T2 according to their site.

https://www.emirates.com/english/experi ... /partners/
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
xijiayu
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:33 pm

EK might want to wait until EDI service is much established before investing in having their own lounge. I remember they only have their own lounge in GLA just within the last 10 years, but I don't remember when did they first fly to GLA. At least since 2005, because I was once on their A330-200 to/ from DXB back then.
 
bergkampsticket
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:53 pm

SQ789 wrote:
by738 wrote:
interesting Emirates have no plans to have a lounge in Edinburgh despite room in the new extension and offering 773 with first class. I presume less than daily or once daily similar routes elsewhere dont have any lounge facility?

You mean that there is no lounge in EDI then for their F and J customers then?

I flew it a couple of weeks ago. J and F use the Number 1 lounge.
 
bergkampsticket
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Bhoy wrote:
Ryanair starts crawling back to GLA...

https://www.glasgowairport.com/media-ce ... r%2CWarsaw

Alicante, Malaga, Charleroi and Warsaw are to be resumed from Glasgow next summer, after all. Surely not an admittance that Edinburgh isn't the panacea promoted by it's cheerleaders, after all?

I don't think it's a snub to EDI at all they're not reducing EDI flight numbers.
 
716131
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:10 pm

bergkampsticket wrote:
SQ789 wrote:
by738 wrote:
interesting Emirates have no plans to have a lounge in Edinburgh despite room in the new extension and offering 773 with first class. I presume less than daily or once daily similar routes elsewhere dont have any lounge facility?

You mean that there is no lounge in EDI then for their F and J customers then?

I flew it a couple of weeks ago. J and F use the Number 1 lounge.

Ok, thanks for the advise. The reason I say the one you quoted was because their website does not mention the lounge in EDI.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
Bhoy
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:17 am

bergkampsticket wrote:
Bhoy wrote:
Ryanair starts crawling back to GLA...

https://www.glasgowairport.com/media-ce ... r%2CWarsaw

Alicante, Malaga, Charleroi and Warsaw are to be resumed from Glasgow next summer, after all. Surely not an admittance that Edinburgh isn't the panacea promoted by it's cheerleaders, after all?

I don't think it's a snub to EDI at all they're not reducing EDI flight numbers.

I'm not saying it's a snub to Edinburgh, just realising that replacing Glasgow with Edinburgh isn't the easy fix they thought it would be.
 
jomur
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Probably realised that GLA wasn't going to back down on them not paying the normal going rates.
 
eicvd
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 pm

jomur wrote:
Probably realised that GLA wasn't going to back down on them not paying the normal going rates.

I can’t agree, Ryanair being Ryanair they would have just walked away. To me it sounds like GLA came crawling back to Ryanair
COYBIB
 
greg85
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:45 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 pm

eicvd wrote:
jomur wrote:
Probably realised that GLA wasn't going to back down on them not paying the normal going rates.

I can’t agree, Ryanair being Ryanair they would have just walked away. To me it sounds like GLA came crawling back to Ryanair


I think there’s some misunderstanding of the situation here. Ryanair has closed the Glasgow base. They have had to reduce in their weaker positions due to well publicised crewing problems. The Glasgow base is remaining closed. These routes are being operated from other Ryanair bases. They are trying to operate as much as they can with not enough people.
 
jomur
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:41 pm

eicvd wrote:
jomur wrote:
Probably realised that GLA wasn't going to back down on them not paying the normal going rates.

I can’t agree, Ryanair being Ryanair they would have just walked away. To me it sounds like GLA came crawling back to Ryanair


Thats not the word on the street at GLA...
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 pm

jomur wrote:
eicvd wrote:
jomur wrote:
Probably realised that GLA wasn't going to back down on them not paying the normal going rates.

I can’t agree, Ryanair being Ryanair they would have just walked away. To me it sounds like GLA came crawling back to Ryanair


Thats not the word on the street at GLA...


AFAIK 'the word on the street' is that these are a climb down by Ryanair from their previous posturing that GLA was unsustainable due to APD reasons, which is laughable if not utterly ridiculous. It;s also true that the return routes will not be GLA base crewed, but there was only ever one based 737 anyway.
 
Arion640
Posts: 3166
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:46 am

Just seen a limited length news report on facebook, that flybe will switch Newquay flights from Gatwick to Heathrow.

Would probably work ok as long as there’s O&D and scope to feed long haul flights.
 
CrawleyBen
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:50 am

Arion640 wrote:
Just seen a limited length news report on facebook, that flybe will switch Newquay flights from Gatwick to Heathrow.

Would probably work ok as long as there’s O&D and scope to feed long haul flights.


Something similar appeared on the BBC Radio Cornwall Twitter feed too as well, although no airline mentioned in that article for some reason.

Would the cost of LHR slots work against the route at all from a financial point of view, or will that have nothing to do with to it? (Gatwick is cheaper than Heathrow for slots I believe?) just curious as no expert of these sorts of things.

Cheers

Ben
 
8herveg
Posts: 1515
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:01 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:30 am

Looks like a couple of articles stating it, including a start date of 31 March 2019.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornw ... ck-2245892

http://www.airport-world.com/news/gener ... rvice.html

Exciting stuff!

Would be good to get the Dundee-Stansted service moved to Heathrow too, to consolidate Flybe's London operations even more and would allow for connections. Unlikely though...
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:37 am

Yes very unlikely as Flybe don't fly Dundee to Stansted but Loganair do.

They used to upto last September when Loganair was using Flybe as a franchise, now it's their route not Flybe's.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
8herveg
Posts: 1515
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:01 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:45 am

Cunard wrote:
Yes very unlikely as Flybe don't fly Dundee to Stansted but Loganair do.

They used to upto last September when Loganair was using Flybe as a franchise, now it's their route not Flybe's.


Oops - you're right! My bad. Thanks.
 
DobboDobbo
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:02 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Another example of LHR being “full”...
 
BritishB747
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:50 pm

8herveg wrote:
Looks like a couple of articles stating it, including a start date of 31 March 2019.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornw ... ck-2245892

http://www.airport-world.com/news/gener ... rvice.html

Exciting stuff!

Would be good to get the Dundee-Stansted service moved to Heathrow too, to consolidate Flybe's London operations even more and would allow for connections. Unlikely though...


I agree, it would be good if the Loganair flight from Dundee could be moved to Heathrow. I understand that BA have a codeshare on many of the Loganair flights to the Highlands, and they also have an agreement with Emirates on the Dundee route. Surely serving Heathrow would provide opportunities to extend codesharing with BA and give the Dundee originating Emirates passengers a bit more choice of Emirates flights and times.

Not a big market, I know, but if Newquay can do it, why cant Dundee?
AT5 AT7 AB6 319 320 321 333 33V 343 346 AR8 733 734 736 73G 738 744 752 753 763 77E 77W 788 BET CR7 D10 D38 DHT DH4 E70 E75 E90 F70 J41 M83 S20 SF3
 
cornishsimon
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:35 pm

NQY-LHR does indeed replace the current LGW and will be flown under the PSO.

It goes from x3week day and x2 weekend days on the E75/95 to x4 daily on the Q400.

Fingers crossed that the full range of codeshares continue to be offered after the move to lhr.


cs
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 735
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Thanks for the NQY info. Worth doing purely for the novelty value. Though knowing BE the prices will be ridiculous (if they survive until March)
 
jomur
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Going from LHR is more likely done to try and bolster its appeal to potential buyers.
 
Bhoy
Posts: 566
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:08 pm

jomur wrote:
Going from LHR is more likely done to try and bolster its appeal to potential buyers.

Can't see it, as it's a PSO route, whoever buys BE couldn't just use the slots for something else.
What it does however mean is that BE no longer operate to LGW, so are effectively consolidating their ground crews/whatever Maintenance spares they have on site in London to just Heathrow and City, rather than having them spread over three Airports [the whole operation at Southend is Stobart, so BE have no ground crews/spares there themselves]
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 am

jomur wrote:
Going from LHR is more likely done to try and bolster its appeal to potential buyers.


You are aware that Flybe already fly from LHR to both ABZ and EDI!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
jomur
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:44 am

Cunard wrote:
jomur wrote:
Going from LHR is more likely done to try and bolster its appeal to potential buyers.


You are aware that Flybe already fly from LHR to both ABZ and EDI!


Yep.... So are Flybe using these existing slots or are these new ones?
 
CrawleyBen
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Wizz Air are are launching a new daily service between Gatwick & Budapest as of 31st March 2019.

https://bbj.hu/business/wizz-air-to-fly ... ing_158024

Cheers

Ben
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:04 am

jomur wrote:
Cunard wrote:
jomur wrote:
Going from LHR is more likely done to try and bolster its appeal to potential buyers.


You are aware that Flybe already fly from LHR to both ABZ and EDI!


Yep.... So are Flybe using these existing slots or are these new ones?


These slots obtained for NQY are entirely new ones and come from the pool of slots originally for BA and MAN and are not part of the domestic remedy slots that are used for ABZ and EDI.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:28 am

Cunard wrote:
jomur wrote:
Cunard wrote:

You are aware that Flybe already fly from LHR to both ABZ and EDI!


Yep.... So are Flybe using these existing slots or are these new ones?


These slots obtained for NQY are entirely new ones and come from the pool of slots originally for BA and MAN and are not part of the domestic remedy slots that are used for ABZ and EDI.


Are they part of the BMI remedy slots...the 9 a day which BA have to lose on 6 routes (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Moscow, Nice, Cairo and Riyadh)? I know 5 of the slots have been taken in previous seasons, and I believe Ural is taking a slot for a Moscow route in S19 leaving 4 slots left. Could these be used for Newquay?
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 am

I'm not 100% sure how those former MAN slots are being used for LHY-NQY so I can't really comment but I don't think that they are from any part of the remedy slots for Cairo, Nice, Moscow and Riyadh and definitely not the current ABZ and EDI remedy slots already being used by Flybe although I'm sure someone else can confirm this, hopefully SKIP might enlighten us on this as he's usually up on these sort of things.

Where did you read about Ural Airlines commencing Moscow to LHR for summer 2019 and what airport will they be flying from in Moscow, obviously you've read that they have applied for slots at LHR, I'm surprised that S7 Airlines haven't attempted to fly to LHR from Moscow.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:18 am

Cunard wrote:
I'm not 100% sure how those former MAN slots are being used for LHY-NQY so I can't really comment but I don't think that they are from any part of the remedy slots for Cairo, Nice, Moscow and Riyadh and definitely not the current ABZ and EDI remedy slots already being used by Flybe although I'm sure someone else can confirm this, hopefully SKIP might enlighten us on this as he's usually up on these sort of things.

Where did you read about Ural Airlines commencing Moscow to LHR for summer 2019 and what airport will they be flying from in Moscow, obviously you've read that they have applied for slots at LHR, I'm surprised that S7 Airlines haven't attempted to fly to LHR from Moscow.


It doesn't specify Heathrow precisely but London, however as there are remedy slots, it is likely Heathrow. It's for a daily flight between Moscow Zhukovsky and London issued in October 2018. Should be noted though that Russian Aviation Authority did give permission for Ural to launch 3x weekly Yekatinburg to London in 2016 and they never operated it:

https://centreforaviation.com/news/rosa ... 018-858286
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:46 am

With the current relationship between Russia and the United Kingdom I'll be very surprised then if those planned flights even come to fruition!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
CrawleyBen
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Easyjet have confirmed that Gatwick-Aberdeen route is being dropped as of 08th February 2019.

On the 09th of Feb Düsseldorf will be re-launched twice daily (weekdays) and a lower frequency at weekends (total of 11 weekly flights).

Article here for anyone interested - https://www.businesstraveller.com/busin ... m-gatwick/

Cheers

Ben
 
Breathe
Posts: 725
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:18 pm

https://www.edinburghairport.com/about- ... n-november

Edinburgh Airport has recorded its first ever 1 million passenger November after a record 1,045,708 passed through the terminal last month.

The figures are up 11.7% on the same month last year and makes November the strongest month in terms of year on year growth in 2018.

International passengers and domestic passengers were both up 11.7% as well.


Nov 2018 % vs Last Year

Domestic 475,694 +11.7%

International 570,014 +11.7%

Total 1,045,708 +11.7%

MAT 14,208,213 +6.3%
 
mullac30
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Another boost for INV: KLM have yet again adjusted the AMS-INV schedules, boosting the frequency up to 20 weekly during July - August period, using 2 E190s and 1 737-700.
The S19 schedule is now:
May-July, Sept-Oct: 15 Weekly (mainly E190s)
July-August: 20 Weekly
Hard to think that just 3 years ago this route was merely a daily DHC8!
I think it is certain that INV will pass the 1 million pax mark in 2019, but will the terminal terminal cope with well over double the original designed capacity of 400k pax?
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 4387
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Rest of the UK thread - 2018

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 am

Please continue in next year's thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411889

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos