paysonmt77

Re: The Rest of New England (BDL/PVD/MHT/PWM/ORH/BTV/HVN) - 2018

Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:44 pm

I am putting a thought out there seeing its the last day of the year..predictions ,what you would like to see for service, passenger counts, etc....2019!!!!!
I am seeing in my crystal ball...Spirit coming to MHT-service to FLL, passenger levels start to climb slowly, PWM no big changes-passenger counts continue to climb. AA adds seasonal service to MIA or DFW. United considers Seasonal IAH. BTV passenger counts continue to climb, JetBlue goes to seasonal at the end of 2019, Frontier adds Denver to BTV. PVD-I see norweigan pulling out at the end of 2019, United adds DEN? BDL-passenger counts climb, possible European route added, Alaska airlines ? PSM-Frontier adds additional route, Allegiant considers options of staying or going? MHT?HVN?

RL757PVD

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:20 pm

DY has been maturing at PVD and finding success in the routes that made sense to begin with (Ireland). If they leave it’s likely due to them folding up or abandoning the tat’l 737 operation as a whole. Both loads and fares have been rising year over year.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

RL757PVD

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Here’s my crystal ball for 2019...

PWM - flat.... they have a lot of new capacity to absorb even with the seasonal loss of B6

MHT - I could maybe see NK as previously stated, otherwise flat or minor incremental upgrades. 2019 may be the first positive yesr for MHT but won’t be by much.

BTV - close to flat, with a wildcard of B6 being seasonal like PWM. There’s not a ton of room for all these LCCs and ULCCs at these small airports.

BDL - slow incremental growth as has been the case. The ULCC growth may start to affect their strong legacy capacity slightly. If new destinations are added my money is on MSY and SEA.

PVD - status quo.... still absorbing the 20% increase from last year. UA might finally turn the corner and have more mainline in the portfolio, Wildcard of the long overdue return of DL to MSP. 2019 will be flat or down slightly as F9 seats are down significantly YOY.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

chrisnh

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:49 pm

You have to walk before you can run, and toward that end, MHT would be well served to simply PLATEAU in 2019 and show small growth in 2020. If AA to ORD started right away, I might envision some growth...but because they aren't, their numbers in 2019 probably won't surpass what UA did in 2018.

The new guy at the helm wants to erase the malaise from the previous regime, so I'm sure he'll come up with something. If MHT is truly seen as 'too close' to BOS, then that can work to our benefit, too, as Logan congests itself with DL and B6 trying to one-up each other. MHT could be a more convenient reliever airport than Worcester is.

atcsundevil

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:35 am

Continue in next year's discussion.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411853

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos