idp5601

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread 2018

Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:33 am

PART 2:

idp5601

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:30 am

And some interesting developments regarding one of PAL's 77Ws: RP-67776 just arrived from XMN earlier this morning at 0756, which is odd because all of PR's outbound flights from XMN depart either late afternoon-evening. And according to Arianespace -67775 just left MNL as well. Just maintenance checks? Or a new interior?

manilaflyer

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm

AirSWIFT now flying El Nido - Puerto Princesa. Flying time of 30 minutes flat (compared to an 8-hour van ride). Also commenced ATR72 operations on the same day (14MAR18). With the entry of the -72, ATX now has four aircraft in its fleet.

Full house in El Nido! All four blue birds present.

SleeplessInZh

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:49 pm

idp5601 wrote:
And some interesting developments regarding one of PAL's 77Ws: RP-67776 just arrived from XMN earlier this morning at 0756, which is odd because all of PR's outbound flights from XMN depart either late afternoon-evening. And according to Arianespace -67775 just left MNL as well. Just maintenance checks? Or a new interior?

Exciting!i think they will come up with a new cabin soon for the 777,because the A350s are underway.

The777Man

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:00 pm

I used PR's wifi a few weeks ago LAX-MNL and it worked great ! Great deal for $20 for the whole flight.

The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

Devilfish

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:51 pm

idp5601 wrote:
NAIA Super Consortium presents their proposal for NAIA rehab.

So...the Super Consortium's 'cooks' have indeed been busy working. :smile: Had to smile at the "STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL" notation at the bottom of each superimposed image on Google Maps. It appears their strategy to increase airport capacity is mainly by vertical expansion -- building additional storeys over the existing terminals' footprints... :house: ...a usual approach among commercial developers. They also have junked the concourse connection between T1 and T2 as shown in the last photo by opting to build up both terminals, and leaving the fuel depot/docks in place. Also, T4 is retained based on the images. Contrast that with M/GMR's airport operator's tack -- linear expansion by constructing just enough height to accommodate the required number of gates to meet target air traffic movements and annual passenger throughput for each phase.

Both proposals seek to expand T3 in much the same way during Phase 1...with the notable difference that M/GMR has chosen to locate the large future (international?) terminal there and around the PAF hangars towards the LTP maintenance area...while the SC opt to build it on the Nayong Pilipino grounds. My reservation with the former is that it will concentrate so much activity in an already crowded area...while the latter proposed site for the stillborn T2 Annex presents a wide open premium location for the envisaged connectivity projects of the next phase. The SC appears to have front-loaded their proposal with the big ticket items first...while M/GMR prioritize airside/airfield developments. In any case, the Government will have to ensure the removal of the long-festering PVH.

For aircraft maintenance, I suppose the SC would include it within their Expanded Airside Support Facilities, while a panoramic view of M/GMR's proposal show a large, new structure at the end of the airfield across Rwy 24 which could serve the purpose.....

https://sa.kapamilya.com/absnews/abscbn ... 18_gmr.jpg

M/GMR managed to unify the terminals just by putting the same roof over those. Anyway, that remaining visible part of T1's concourse looks like a great location for a big lounge and spotting :!: :bigthumbsup:

idp5601 wrote:
PART 2:

I do wonder if that would indeed be easier, cheaper and faster than simply buying out the properties in Merville and Moonwalk for the parallel runway. :boggled: At the end of the day, it might become abundantly clear that both are not feasible...and perhaps made moot by the thrust to disperse flights to the other hubs and secondary airports under development in the country. I'll leave the financial aspects of the proposals to those with a deeper understanding of how these PPP projects' fiduciary details are supposed to work and benefit the country. :headache:

idp5601 wrote:
EDIT: I have no idea why but for some reason the pictures double-posted. Can't seem to get rid of the duplicates.

It's usually a case of listing the link twice, or hitting the post button again before everything has a chance to get in the queue. Happens often enough to me.

idp5601 wrote:
RP-67776 just arrived from XMN earlier this morning at 0756, which is odd because all of PR's outbound flights from XMN depart either late afternoon-evening. And according to Arianespace -67775 just left MNL as well. Just maintenance checks? Or a new interior?

It's odd that both should leave for maintenance abroad when PR has a deal with LTP in place, which their Chairman supposedly also partly owns. :confused: And the regs begin with RP-C..... :smile:

manilaflyer wrote:
AirSWIFT now flying El Nido - Puerto Princesa. Flying time of 30 minutes flat (compared to an 8-hour van ride). Also commenced ATR72 operations on the same day (14MAR18). With the entry of the -72, ATX now has four aircraft in its fleet.

I wonder if the -72 came direct from ATR, a lessor, or was picked up from Alphaland? :scratchchin:

manilaflyer wrote:
Full house in El Nido! All four blue birds present.

Thanks for posting! :cheerful: A nice alternative (particularly LIO) with all the talk about Boracay. :spin:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

SleeplessInZh

Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:07 pm

Maybe they send their 777s to xiamen,to install some electronic devices for the amadeus althea in their 777s,without installing new seats?no news up to now about the 777 refurbishment.would be great,though

SleeplessInZh

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:22 am

Winnipeg-Manila is “Skyscanner Unserved Route of the Week” with 70,000 searches; Philippine Airlines’ next North American route??

So a canadian carrier can open a new route to mnl?why not air canada...haiaiai

idp5601

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:59 am

Philippine747

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:24 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Winnipeg-Manila is “Skyscanner Unserved Route of the Week” with 70,000 searches; Philippine Airlines’ next North American route??

So a canadian carrier can open a new route to mnl?why not air canada...haiaiai

PAL already has interline agreements with WestJet, and their flights to YWG are bookable on PAL's website...
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE

Devilfish

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:25 pm

Airport authorities found a way to dial down the drastic measures put forward to decongest NAIA..... :idea: .....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... earth.html

And talk about moving goal posts..... :alert: .....

http://business.inquirer.net/248058/nai ... g-proposal

.....and the ensuing immediate reaction..... :hissyfit: .....

http://news.abs-cbn.com/business/03/22/ ... a-proposal

From SkyscraperCity...rare views from the ground of MCIA T2 access ramp to departure level..... :camera: .....

source: @Arckz Codina Pananganan FB

https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B759B8B

https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B3D8990

Will the MIP function be transferred inside the building being renovated in the background :?:

More T2 interior shots in the forum. Now, for the other unasked questions.....

https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B2C3E1B source: @ASEAN Infrastructure Post FB

"How do M/GMR propose to clean the particle board ceiling inside T2 after prolonged exposure to dust and grime...and what will prevent birds from perching under the soffit outside and raining poop on people below?" :scratchchin:

Lastly. from the Inquirer.....photo of 5J's first A321 at home..... :airplane: .....

http://business.inquirer.net/wp-content ... 24x601.jpg

manilaflyer

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:08 am

Hi Devilfish,

The 7201 is from NAC, ferried from Billund last February (man, it's cold there!). Yes, do visit Lio, plus the runway is right next to the beach so it's like Philippines' version of SXM - filled with ATR. LOL!

On Alphaland's side, I haven't seen 8666 (their first ATR) flying for a while, she's always parked - makes me think she's mothballed. But checking with planespotters.net, apparently Royal Star Aviation now owns the aircraft. Hmmmm.

kit

Devilfish

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 pm

manilaflyer wrote:
The 7201 is from NAC, ferried from Billund last February (man, it's cold there!). Yes, do visit Lio, plus the runway is right next to the beach so it's like Philippines' version of SXM - filled with ATR. LOL!

On Alphaland's side, I haven't seen 8666 (their first ATR) flying for a while, she's always parked - makes me think she's mothballed. But checking with planespotters.net, apparently Royal Star Aviation now owns the aircraft. Hmmmm.

Thank you for the information Kit...much appreciated. NAC's site says the average age of their fleet is 11.6 years...I was hoping ATX got one of the younger frames. :smile: Re Alphaland, it seems RP-C6678 is likewise owned by Royal Star and BIC only charters from them.....

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4789/38 ... 4632_b.jpg

As to LIO, just got back from Pinas eight weeks ago. Maybe I should start buying lotto tickets now for the next vacay! :cheerful:

Meanwhile, Flightglobal had 5J's A321 story for a Friday filler..... :| .....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 21-447009/

SleeplessInZh

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:23 pm

Sam Chui's Philippine Airlines Report is out.old A330s...tst tst.but their onboard service is realy stunning!

SleeplessInZh

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 pm

I have to say that they're making vast improvements in everything.i knew it!it's just a matter of time.I'm impressed!next is their A321neo to give us the long awaited- major impression.i'm optimistic.hop hop pal! (Wrote pal in fb page but i couldn't get some details about their A321neo cabins,its top secret,also ask them about the thompson vintage solo seats,but they couldn't say something):-(

SleeplessInZh

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 pm

:-) i wanted to delete my 3rd post.but couldnt,so rewrite.

SleeplessInZh

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:16 am

I need to learn,how to pack messages in one post.i'm sorry for the forumers,my first language is german not english,sometimes my posts split in 3 or 4 messages to express myself,and i can't edit or delete it anymore.i hope it will change by time,i'm working on it,it just needs time like philippine airlines.^^

flyingdoc787

Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:02 am

The 3rd runway and satellite terminal proposal would be really cool if they build a taxiway to connect it to/from the current NAIA!

Devilfish

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Let's try to analyze the Super Consortium's proposal..... :old: .....

Based on the photos, Terminal 1 could handle 9 MPPA by 2020. We cannot see any additional gates and it's not clear if the proposed construction over the open parking area would be for vehicle parking, transportation center or something else.

Terminal 2 is shown with a big vertical expansion and a carrying capacity of 11 MPPA yet the number of gates remains as is...so it's a mystery what all the new floor area is for.

2020 Phase 1A for Terminal 3 shows 23 MPPA but it at least shows building up the hardstands at the farther end and more vertical growth even if the contact gate count is unchanged.

Phase 1B introduces the APM but a definite timeline is not indicated.

The West Hub by 2022 shows the first actual new construction that would add 180,000 sq.m. of new terminal space which sees capacity rise to 35 MPPA.

By 2022, Terminal 3 East Hub adds 70,000 sq.m. of gross floor area and increases capacity to 30 MPPA while gate count remains the same.

The proposal forecasts 65,000 MPPA capacity by 2022 but did not put a milestone when their Airside Support Facilities would come on line or called out how these could be achieved. Ditto with the Automated People Mover.

The second to the last photo shows T2 finally being extended over the fuel depot and cargo facility to connect with T1 but it's not shown where the replacements for both would be or whether the extension would just be built over those. The way the expansion is arranged constricts aircraft maneuvering room on T1's apron and also does not indicate planned execution.

Accessibility to existing highway infrastructure is self-evident and connection to proposed mass transit projects is highly dependent on the unpredictable nature of local public works.

Lastly, that off-site runway and terminal idea for Part 2 is too 'far-out' to waste bandwidth over.....or worse, it might actually be all that is intended to replace NAIA! :alert:

In summary.....the Consortium's proposal is simply a hastily put together presentation that lacks the critical details that will allow it to be properly evaluated on its merits. For the combined army of planners, architects, engineers and statisticians in these conglomerates' employ, the proposal they put forward sadly misses the mark. Citing Changi International as their technical consultant doesn't have the desired effect as it only serves to raise expectations...and Changi may well rue its name being used in this way. :flamed:

Devilfish

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:22 am

The philippineairspace.blogspot.com confirms Airbus is pitching the 251T A330NEO to the TPAC market.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ic-446985/

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... loser.html

For PR, it opens up a wide range of possibilities.....

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=MNL-YVR-IA ... EB-SFO/LAX

If ever, the carrier would probably opt for the lower CASM and higher revenue potential of the A339. At two seats more than PR's long-range A359 but likely cheaper, it's a cinch...but I'm wary of trolling at the fringes of the A339's payload/range envelope. The less number of seats on the A338 would better match the demand for a MNL-SEA or MNL-SAN terminator...while also being ideal for starting CEB-SFO and resuming CEB-LAX. The three-class configuration on PR's refurbished A330s would also work well on the A338 and be even cheaper still than the A339. :zzz: The less crowded cabin and extra range offered by the A338 would let me sleep more soundly across the Pacific thinking about that limited number frame edition..... :cloudnine: .....

https://www.flightglobal.com/assets/get ... emid=73135

idp5601

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 am

The first PR A350 is now out of the paint shop!

carlokiii

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 am

Looks like a slightly revised livery with a greyed out belly, with the sunriser logo and some typeface at the bottom.

The side looks a bit underwhelming, they could at least have used the 777's more prominent typeface for "Philippines".

idp5601

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 am

carlokiii wrote:
Looks like a slightly revised livery with a greyed out belly, with the sunriser logo and some typeface at the bottom.

The side looks a bit underwhelming, they could at least have used the 777's more prominent typeface for "Philippines".

Honestly not a very big fan of the stretched typeface on the 77W. Glad they decided not to do that on the A359.

SleeplessInZh

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:43 am

I think they don't have airplane cameras.they forgot that again.

idp5601

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:47 am

SleeplessInZh wrote:
I think they don't have airplane cameras.they forgot that again.

I think that's because the plane isn't even finished yet. If you've noticed there are still no engines nor a parabolic antenna. We will wait and see.

Devilfish

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:28 am

idp5601 wrote:

Would like to see that operate the second daily frequency to LAX before it does the nonstop to LHR or JFK. :hyper:

idp5601 wrote:
Glad they decided not to do that on the A359.

A slightly bigger typeface that makes the title align with both ends of the forward windows would've been much better scaled to the A359. :stretch: The cropped sunriser logo now looks more proportional on the sharklets. PR's logo under the belly is a nice touch and shows restraint vs spelling out the airline's name. Wonder what they would do with the engines? :scratchchin:
Last edited by Devilfish on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philippine747

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 am

carlokiii wrote:

The sunriser on the belly is new, but the greyed out belly has been there ever since.

carlokiii wrote:

Personally, it only looks good on the 777...
A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 AT75 AT76 B732 B733 B738 B744 B752(M) B763 B772 B77W DHC7 DH8C DH8D D328 MA60

2P 5J 6K CX DG EK GA KE MI PR VN OS QR A3 OK TG RA U4 JL GK UB K7 WE

idp5601

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm

This is a bit late, but apparently PAL have switched ticketing systems from Sabre (a hold-out from their failed oneworld membership bid) to Amadeus Altea. http://www.amadeus.com/web/amadeus/en_1 ... sRelease_C

Now this might not seem very newsworthy, but it's important to note that among other airlines, NH use the same system, and they've been pretty open about their intention to acquire a stake in PAL. And we're not even mentioning the fact that the Altea system is the base for Star Alliance's IT platform.

While it may be too early to speculate, does this mean that 1. PAL and ANA are very close (or have already come to) an agreement, and 2. we could see PR in *A very soon?

Devilfish

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:41 pm

idp5601 wrote:
While it may be too early to speculate, does this mean that 1. PAL and ANA are very close (or have already come to) an agreement, and 2. we could see PR in *A very soon?

With the restructuring in the LTG holding firms, both are not beyond the realms of possibility. :spin:

The NAIA Redevelopment proposals in a nutshell..... :twocents: .....

http://bworldonline.com/video/the-lates ... explained/

From SkyscraperCity...a photo of the still unfinished pedestrian bridge to MCIA T2 departure level..... :camera: .....

source: @Elizabeth Pono FB

https://scontent.fruh4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B712A01

Crackshot

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:49 pm

idp5601 wrote:

The PAL livery actually looks quite good on the 359.

Crackshot

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Philippine Airlines has started direct flights to BNE - dropping the DRW stopover. The flights are initially 4x weekly with the 343 with plans to bring to A321neo by mid-year.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/PAL221

Confuscius

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:10 pm

flyingdoc787 wrote:
The 3rd runway and satellite terminal proposal would be really cool if they build a taxiway to connect it to/from the current NAIA!

Manila traffic is awful. Jeepneys, tricycles and UV Express vans will probably share the same taxiway, along with panhandlers and peddlers. Also, informal settlers might build shacks on or next to it.
Ain't I a stinker?

VolvoBus

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Devilfish's video link is quite good in giving an overview.

It seems the two proposals have different philosophies. GMR/Megawide appear to believe that the bottleneck is the restricted number of movements. The Magnificent 7 seem to think the problem is handling the number of passengers. Does anybody know where the real restriction is? With the existing configuration of the runways, how much would increasing the capacity of the main runway impact on the capacity of the cross runway, which only appears usable for departures to the Southwest? Is the alignment of the runway of the proposed reclaimation optimal, especially as it is serving effectively a separate airport? I do agree that it is highly unlikely to come to fruition, but I would never say never.

Devilfish is also sceptical regarding the access developments, which admittedly are not part of either proponent's remit.
The extension of LRT1 I believe has broken ground, but will both the spur to the airport and line into Cavite be built simultaneously or consecutively? What effect additional airport traffic over the existing section will have I have no idea. The artists' impression seems to imply a transfer from MRT3 to LRT1 at Baclaran which is something I have not seen mentioned. The Super Subway I discount for the next decade at least.

The people-mover on the drawings also seems to have an interchange with LRT1, whereas combining this with the T1 development would mean a 3 stop line rather than 4.Again, the capacity of this line for international-domestic transfers must be questioned.

Also,I find trumpeting the C5 connector road as access rather disingenuous, as it does not serve a terminal, merely connect SLEX and Cavitex.

The army of designers, engineers, statisticians etc might be employed by the conglomerates, but this is not the umpteenth shopping mall they are designing.

SleeplessInZh

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Crackshot wrote:
Philippine Airlines has started direct flights to BNE - dropping the DRW stopover. The flights are initially 4x weekly with the 343 with plans to bring to A321neo by mid-year.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/PAL221

Oh wow, i was looking for this thank you for the info!

Devilfish

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:27 am

VolvoBus wrote:
It seems the two proposals have different philosophies. GMR/Megawide appear to believe that the bottleneck is the restricted number of movements. The Magnificent 7 seem to think the problem is handling the number of passengers.

Yes...M/GMR is offering a more functional and efficient airport with extensive airfield upgrades.....the Super Consortium proposes an expansive "mixed-use development" (though they chose to be silent about it) with transportation connectivity to follow "almost" immediately.

VolvoBus wrote:
With the existing configuration of the runways, how much would increasing the capacity of the main runway impact on the capacity of the cross runway, which only appears usable for departures to the Southwest?

I'd say there'd be a significant effect, though recent ATC equipment, procedure and training improvements could mitigate that considerably. Also, the cross runway extension should enable landings of small aircraft on Rwy 13 particularly if a RESA is provided at Rwy 31 junction with the taxiway. It might even be possible to allow takeoffs and landings of A320/B737-size aircraft in both directions during off-peak times after the morning and before the evening banks are done.

VolvoBus wrote:
The extension of LRT1 I believe has broken ground, but will both the spur to the airport and line into Cavite be built simultaneously or consecutively?

It'd be great if the APM could start while the LRT1 extension is still ongoing otherwise, the dedicated spur to the Ninoy Aquino Av station should be built concurrently to avoid the hassle of re-bidding that section again and re-mobilization. This way, a "future" Airport People Mover could just connect with it when the time comes, depending on the winning proposal. You know how "efficient" government projects here could get.

VolvoBus wrote:
What effect additional airport traffic over the existing section will have I have no idea.

Given the huge catchment ridership projected for this line, whatever airport-generated traffic is added daily will be marginal. Ditto with an MRT3 connection...if anything, most would be airport staff and workers. I don't foresee a large number of arriving or departing passengers with heavy luggage braving the jostling throng...except maybe for some adventurous backpackers on a sightseeing or thrill tour.

VolvoBus wrote:
The artists' impression seems to imply a transfer from MRT3 to LRT1 at Baclaran which is something I have not seen mentioned. [.....] The people-mover on the drawings also seems to have an interchange with LRT1, whereas combining this with the T1 development would mean a 3 stop line rather than 4.

It's probably the most crowded spot to effect a transfer, but they're likely trying to save on common station and carriageway construction costs. IIRC, there was a prior concept that showed the MRT being extended along EDSA to Roxas Bl and the connecting station with LRT1 built there to benefit the foreshore developments. Those and the crossing over Taft Av must have been prohibitively expensive...though expanding the station at Taft to join with MRT3 might be feasible. If ever, a connection to MRT3 could be done via a short extension of the APM along Aurora Av to a new transfer facility at EDSA near the bus stations. But given the expense and the multiple daily troubles of the line, that is highly questionable.

VolvoBus wrote:
Again, the capacity of this line for international-domestic transfers must be questioned.

It could well be that the volume may be more efficiently and much more cheaply handled by secure, landside shuttle buses.

VolvoBus wrote:
The Super Subway I discount for the next decade at least.

Especially after they said that they'd finance the debt with earnings from concessions at the stations...in any case, it may be beyond my time. But let's not discount its effect on those who tend to view such huge "undertakings" as windfall.

VolvoBus wrote:
Also,I find trumpeting the C5 connector road as access rather disingenuous, as it does not serve a terminal, merely connect SLEX and Cavitex.

It can serve as an additional secure airport rear access point away from the usually crowded avenues, at least until it becomes another choked artery in a few short years. :crowded:

Devilfish

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:00 pm

The A321LR has just done an impressive feat.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... el-447220/

https://twitter.com/Airbus/status/979711715796451328

4,316 nm :?: That's just 11nm shy of the GC distance from MNL to AKL which has a largely similar SE track :!: Should P&W be successful in ironing out the GTF's kinks, then the -LR variant might be all that is needed for a sustainable operation between both points. Given the 180min ETOPS rating sought for the type, if the -LR could do the sector with 178 pax and bags (don't forget the boxes), that may equate to a profitable load factor on that route. PR could well be an early adopter by switching a couple or so of its A321N orders to that version (for the retiring A340s) to have a "common" platform for their network down under. :goodvibes:

From the A320 Family P&D thread..... :thumbsup: .....

http://www.aviation-friends-hamburg-for ... ?tid=12821

http://www.aviation-friends-hamburg-for ... ?tid=12821

A few more interesting photos at CEB and MPH from SkyscraperCity..... :cheerful: .....

Originally Posted by JuanTed
https://instagram.fmnl9-1.fna.fbcdn.net ... 9184_n.jpg

source: @idk-hkdc
https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B7229DD

source: @Joyce Retubado Flores FB
https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B70A449

https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B284C1D

https://scontent.fruh4-6.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5B2E0EB3

Tight supervision :!:

Lent at Caticlan.....

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/872x6 ... feRk3y.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/872x6 ... uNcR1T.jpg

shoktong

SleeplessInZh

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:02 am

Went to paris over the weekend,and saw philippine tourists everywhere.sacre blue!there were several announcements in tagalog,in ferry ships and short 'tram' ride from sacre coeur to moulin rouge.its about time to reopen their paris route again!
Next eu route for pal is either paris or rome.

cityairline

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:45 pm

SleeplessInZh wrote:
Went to paris over the weekend,and saw philippine tourists everywhere.sacre blue!there were several announcements in tagalog,in ferry ships and short 'tram' ride from sacre coeur to moulin rouge.its about time to reopen their paris route again!
Next eu route for pal is either paris or rome.

And also the other way around. The number of French visitors in the Philippines has grown from 19,000 to 65,000 in just a few years.

4 weekly flights on PAL’s A350 would be a nice start!
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...

Devilfish

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:07 pm

New terminal assignments for airlines using NAIA have been announced for implementation by August 31, 2018.....

https://www.facebook.com/PTVph/videos/2 ... 03eDkAJWKk

Terminal 1:
Thai Airways
Japan Airlines
Saudia Airlines
Etihad Airways
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 2:
Cebu Pacific
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 3:
Air China
Air Nugini
Asiana Airlines
China Airlines
China Eastern
China Southern
Eva Air
Gulf Air
Jeju Air
Jetstar
Korean Airlines
Kuwait Air
Malaysian Airlines
Oman Air
Qantas
Qatar Air
Royal Brunei
Tiger Air
Xiamen Air

Terminal 4:
Others

All the more pressure for the DOTr and NEDA to complete their evaluations and award the NAIA Redevelopment contract :!:

http://bworldonline.com/naia-rehab-upgrade-bid-heats/

Confuscius

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Devilfish wrote:
New terminal assignments for airlines using NAIA have been announced for implementation by August 31, 2018.....

Terminal 1:
Thai Airways
Japan Airlines
Saudia Airlines
Etihad Airways
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 2:
Cebu Pacific
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 3:
Air China
Air Nugini
Asiana Airlines
China Airlines
China Eastern
China Southern
Eva Air
Gulf Air
Jeju Air
Jetstar
Korean Airlines
Kuwait Air
Malaysian Airlines
Oman Air
Qantas
Qatar Air
Royal Brunei
Tiger Air
Xiamen Air

Terminal 4:
Others

All the more pressure for the DOTr and NEDA to complete their evaluations and award the NAIA Redevelopment contract :!:

Where's ANA, Cathay Pacific and Delta? I hope not in terminal 4!

Oh they're already in Terminal 3. Never mind...

Can Terminal 2 accommodate both PAL and Cebu Pacific?
Ain't I a stinker?

Devilfish

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:27 am

Confuscius wrote:
Where's ANA, Cathay Pacific and Delta? I hope not in terminal 4!

Oh they're already in Terminal 3. Never mind...

Can Terminal 2 accommodate both PAL and Cebu Pacific?

The MNL | NAIA thread in SkyscraperCity has a more complete list.....

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... &page=2141

I think PR and 5J will move some of their domestic ops to CRK. I'm not sure if that includes all their turboprop flights.

idp5601

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:22 am

Devilfish wrote:

Terminal 1:
Thai Airways
Japan Airlines
Saudia Airlines
Etihad Airways
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 2:
Cebu Pacific
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 3:
Air China
Air Nugini
Asiana Airlines
China Airlines
China Eastern
China Southern
Eva Air
Gulf Air
Jeju Air
Jetstar
Korean Airlines
Kuwait Air
Malaysian Airlines
Oman Air
Qantas
Qatar Air
Royal Brunei
Tiger Air
Xiamen Air

Terminal 4:
Others

So did they forget to mention ET?

Confuscius

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 am

Devilfish wrote:
I think PR and 5J will move some of their domestic ops to CRK. I'm not sure if that includes all their turboprop flights.

Moving turboprop flights to Clark can be an inconvenience for passengers going to Manila from smaller airports. I usually fly to WNP from MNL and PAL Express doesn't fly to/from MNL anymore. Fortunately for me, Cebgo still flies to/from MNL.
Ain't I a stinker?

airlineaddict

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:39 am

idp5601 wrote:
Devilfish wrote:

Terminal 1:
Thai Airways
Japan Airlines
Saudia Airlines
Etihad Airways
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 2:
Cebu Pacific
Philippine Airlines

Terminal 3:
Air China
Air Nugini
Asiana Airlines
China Airlines
China Eastern
China Southern
Eva Air
Gulf Air
Jeju Air
Jetstar
Korean Airlines
Kuwait Air
Malaysian Airlines
Oman Air
Qantas
Qatar Air
Royal Brunei
Tiger Air
Xiamen Air

Terminal 4:
Others

So did they forget to mention ET?

And UA? Not listed here or on SSC

idp5601

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:40 am

Big news today regarding SMC's Bulacan Airport project: the NEDA-ICC has now given it the green light to proceed to the final stage, which is securing the approval of the President.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/ec ... y/?just_in

bostonvancouver

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:47 am

Where's Turkish, Ethiopian, United?

Devilfish

Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:14 am

Confuscius wrote:
Moving turboprop flights to Clark can be an inconvenience for passengers going to Manila from smaller airports. I usually fly to WNP from MNL and PAL Express doesn't fly to/from MNL anymore. Fortunately for me, Cebgo still flies to/from MNL.

Well, CebGo is still listed for T4 so Naga flights could be had there. As PR is moving its international ops to T1, there might be slots left for their new Q400s at T2.

idp5601 wrote:
Big news today regarding SMC's Bulacan Airport project: the NEDA-ICC has now given it the green light to proceed to the final stage, which is securing the approval of the President.

More on that from the Inquirer.....

http://business.inquirer.net/248532/ned ... terte-neda

If Bulakan gets more traction, a scope reduction might be inevitable for the NAIA Rehab. :spin:

cityairline

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 pm

What ON EARTH do they want to achieve by squeezing in all domestic passengers of both PAL and Cebu Pacific into T2???
We’re talking about almost 20 million passengers here.
As of now T2 already handles around 10-11 million, which is already tight. How are they going to squeeze in an additional 7-8 million passengers...?
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...

VolvoBus

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:32 pm

cityairline wrote:
What ON EARTH do they want to achieve by squeezing in all domestic passengers of both PAL and Cebu Pacific into T2???
We’re talking about almost 20 million passengers here.
As of now T2 already handles around 10-11 million, which is already tight. How are they going to squeeze in an additional 7-8 million passengers...?

When you have

1 A president who cancels the contracts of a ground handling company as a knee jerk reaction to the theft from the baggage of the Japanese ambassador's wife

2 The Speaker of the House of Representatives threatens to withdraw the franchise of Cebu Pacific for (among other things) using remote gates

3 Have an investment board that passes the plans for a USD 7 bn 'aerotropolis' to the President for a decision, while still looking at plans for expansion of NAIA in the USD multi-billion range.

do you really expect logical, thought through planning ?

Never mind that although ground movements are one of the constraints, they are adding to them with movements between international and domestic gates.

idp5601

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:49 am

VolvoBus wrote:
1 A president who cancels the contracts of a ground handling company as a knee jerk reaction to the theft from the baggage of the Japanese ambassador's wife

I find MIASCOR’s failure to disclose (or willful cover-up) of 18 out of 26 pilferage incidents the better reason why their contract has to be terminated. A few erring employees can be retrained but management level dysfunction is something else. There are plenty of ground handling companies that have more than enough room for the affected workers.

And the contract was terminated because the pilferage complaints started filing up, if I recall correctly. Thei incident with the Turkish ambassador's wife (which I think is the one you are referring to) happened last year. The Clark baggage incident was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos