Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

stl07

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 pm

With WW's early arrival, customs in the winter have a possibility of being a zoo
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Kind of weird weather at the airport right now. A really small apparently strong cell is right over the airport/on final (and there is hardly any rain anywhere else in town). ATC is talking about micro bursts.

A UA flight is diverting to SPI
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL ... /KDEN/KSPI

stl07

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:23 pm

On some forum if I recall there was chatter about a new route on F9 during the next expansion coming soon.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

TWA302

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Kind of weird weather at the airport right now. A really small apparently strong cell is right over the airport/on final (and there is hardly any rain anywhere else in town). ATC is talking about micro bursts.

Out of curiosity, why not divert to Parks?

stl07

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
On some forum if I recall there was chatter about a new route on F9 during the next expansion coming soon.

JAX starts next month. Or did you mean something else?

No another route. Take it with a grain of salt though, it's F9, anything can change

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 pm

stl07 wrote:

JAX starts next month. Or did you mean something else?

STLflyer

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Jshank83 wrote:

That's nuts, I work right by the airport and left work right around the same time and the skies were clear all the way home to Kirkwood. Must've been a really small cell.

Also when did we get mainline UA to DEN?

stl07

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 pm

https://twitter.com/unaccompflyer/statu ... 2162657281
Don't know if you all follow this guy, but it's pretty cool to see STL promoted in Iceland like that

stl07

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Or even BLV?

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 am

stl07 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Or even BLV?

I think airlines usually try to divert to airports where they have regular flights (even if it's just regionals). BLV gets a diversion about 1 time a quarter. Usually they seem to go to places like SPI, Columbia, MCI, IND, LIT, TUL, BNA. I have never seen one go to a general aviation airport like Parks, not saying they never do but it has to be super rare.

STLflyer

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Sounds like some Boeing test pilots have been having fun today. Haven't seen anything pop up on FlightAware but I can hear them from my office.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 pm

STLflyer wrote:
Also when did we get mainline UA to DEN?

They started in May or June to DEN/SFO/IAH (IAH had 2 a day in June)

2x mainline to ORD starts August 21

All last until Oct 27th then they go back to RJs (unless they edit the schedule between now and then)
Last edited by Jshank83 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TWA302

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 pm

stl07 wrote:
https://twitter.com/unaccompflyer/status/1011873622162657281
Don't know if you all follow this guy, but it's pretty cool to see STL promoted in Iceland like that

That's nice! Now, they need a new image because it looks like the Arch is embedded in the Mississippi. One leg in the water in front of the "trees" the other in or behind them. :scratchchin:

stl07

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:08 am

TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
https://twitter.com/unaccompflyer/status/1011873622162657281

That's nice! Now, they need a new image because it looks like the Arch is embedded in the Mississippi. One leg in the water in front of the "trees" the other in or behind them. :scratchchin:

Hey, I'm sure the people from Iceland would make fun of the ads they have here for Iceland, like the constantly erupting volcano perfectly visible from the side of the freeway.

FromGSPtoChi

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:17 am

Holding on to Lambert's glory days: Volunteers work to save TWA training simulator

One of the few remnants of the once-mighty Trans World Airlines still on the grounds of St. Louis Lambert International Airport is being dismantled and moved across the state.

The cabin of a Boeing 707/727 sat unused since 2001 in TWA’s old headquarters on Navaid Road, which the airport owns and leases out.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/met ... ee842.html

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Imputed PDEW numbers from 4th qtr 2017 so I have all of 2017 now. I already halved everything.

Biggest Gainers for 4th qtr YoY
by number
ATL 49
NYC 44
DEN 42
TPA 41
MIA 39
SAN 35

by % (only airports over 25 passengers per day)
CHS 33%
CVG 27%
RNO 26%
TPA 21%
BNA 19%
AUS 19%

Biggest Gainers for TOTAL YoY
by number
PHX 42
ATL 29
NYC 25
MIA 24
DEN 19
AUS 16

by % (only airports over 25 passengers per day)
DSM 22%
ICT 21%
CHS 20%
CVG 19%
Tucson, AZ 14%
BNA 14%

Full Stats
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

stl07

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Tucson and Reno are interesting because those are the exact type of markets WN likes and would potentially look at adding.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:51 pm

stl07 wrote:
Tucson and Reno are interesting because those are the exact type of markets WN likes and would potentially look at adding.

I should have added this tidbit. Highest PDEW not served.

JAX 59 (not counting less than daily on F9)
Norfolk, VA 56
Richmond, VA 45
ABQ 39
RNO 34
Tuscon 33

Last adds
SMF 81
BDL 62

Lowest served year round

LIT 35
TUL 36
CVG 37 (DL not WN - lower fares over the last 6 months or so seem to be helping this one some)
DSM 38
ICT 43

I would think one of the VA stations and JAX could be on WNs docket but they are a little further than their other smaller PDEW legs. I am curious to see how SMF and BDL change once their nonstops figures are published. I would love to see ABQ come back or RNO start but those are long legs for that low of numbers, so I am not optimistic. I am guessing they would need to be closer to 70 or 80 a day.

This next extension will be interesting. Maybe PBI goes to Sat and Sun for the month (it had good loads on Sat only this year). This is when I would add JAX if it is going to get added. CHS start earlier? Another Intl add for spring break from WN? We will see...

jplatts

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Lowest served year round
CVG 37 (DL not WN - lower fares over the last 6 months or so seem to be helping this one some)

Here are the PDEWs for some other routes from STL to destinations in markets similar in size to or smaller than CVG:
STL-AUS - 154
STL-SAT - 148
STL-PDX - 142
STL-RDU - 137
STL-MSY - 127
STL-PIT - 105
STL-MCI - 104
STL-OMA - 104
STL-CMH - 92
STL-BNA - 89
STL-SMF - 81
STL-MKE - 60

There is significantly more demand for flights from STL to some other destinations in markets similar in size or smaller than CVG than there is from STL to CVG. WN can also likely stimulate additional demand on the STL-CVG route if WN adds CVG-STL nonstop service. There are some business travelers in the St. Louis market who would switch from DL to WN if WN added STL-CVG nonstop service. WN would also be able to connect passengers to destinations that are no longer served nonstop from CVG or MDW, including DSM, LIT, and ICT, if WN added STL-CVG nonstop service. CVG-STL also used to have nonstop service on TW in addition to DL back when TW had a hub at STL.

In addition to adding STL-CVG nonstop service, WN could also bring back STL-SLC nonstop service in order to better compete against DL in the STL market. If WN brings back STL-SLC nonstop service, WN would probably do better on STL-SLC nonstop service today than was the case 9 years ago because WN has a much bigger customer base in the STL market today than was the case 9 years ago and because WN now has nonstop service to additional East Coast destinations from STL.

stlgph

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Of interest, the flight from Cincinnati to Denver Southwest adds in August is an 810pm departure, getting into Denver at 9p. Without a doubt it opens up a lot of connection possibilities for the last flights of the day out of DEN to west/mountain area cities.

Flights to Chicago run at roughly 730, 930, and then not again until 2, then 430, then 6, which also offer connection possibilities to west/mountain area cities, and some in the midwest.

*IF* Southwest got creative, perhaps there is the off chance they could do a 12:30-ish flight, getting into STL in time for the 1pm hour connection bank to a number of cities in the midwest and also providing more opportunities to reach the same west/mountain regions. I guess the first and foremost question for this to even be a possibility is ... is there even gate space available at this time?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Jshank83
Topic Author

Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:55 pm

stlgph wrote:
Of interest, the flight from Cincinnati to Denver Southwest adds in August is an 810pm departure, getting into Denver at 9p. Without a doubt it opens up a lot of connection possibilities for the last flights of the day out of DEN to west/mountain area cities.

Flights to Chicago run at roughly 730, 930, and then not again until 2, then 430, then 6, which also offer connection possibilities to west/mountain area cities, and some in the midwest.

*IF* Southwest got creative, perhaps there is the off chance they could do a 12:30-ish flight, getting into STL in time for the 1pm hour connection bank to a number of cities in the midwest and also providing more opportunities to reach the same west/mountain regions. I guess the first and foremost question for this to even be a possibility is ... is there even gate space available at this time?

I think CVG will come but they are growing it pretty slow so I think its hard to predict when it could come. I would almost think Denver would get a 2nd flight first. As you mentioned the 1:30 bank is mostly west coast destinations so they could run a plane into it and make it work. It looks like E36 and E38 don't have departures around that time. All the other gates do. They also could attach a jetway to E40 and have an extra gate for overflow (kind of how they use E36 now) just in case there are some delays.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 pm

I always find this interesting. Noise report for 2nd qtr but it also says how the runways were used and types of planes. The "new" runway is over 10% (11.5%) for about the first time I can remember.

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... -final.pdf

stlgph

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stlgph wrote:

I think CVG will come but they are growing it pretty slow so I think its hard to predict when it could come. I would almost think Denver would get a 2nd flight first. As you mentioned the 1:30 bank is mostly west coast destinations so they could run a plane into it and make it work. It looks like E36 and E38 don't have departures around that time. All the other gates do. They also could attach a jetway to E40 and have an extra gate for overflow (kind of how they use E36 now) just in case there are some delays.

I agree with you on the 2nd daily flight to Denver. Not sure how MDW is in the way of things or gate space to add an extra flight, but it just seems for Southwest in Cincinnati, if they're trying to move people west in their network, right now they have the two flights in morning, then the four flights in the afternoon and evening. 6 flights all day isn't bad, but there is that gap in the late morning to midday which could be filled. The likely candidates would be MDW or DEN, but you never know, they could be looking for some connectivity to other cities in the midwest.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Jshank83
Topic Author

Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:59 pm

I will say if DL were to cut STL-CVG that I think then WN hops on it.

jplatts

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm

There used to be 11 daily nonstops in each direction between STL and CVG 15 years ago, with 7 of these nonstops on DL and the other 4 on AA. However, many things have changed since then, including AA dehubbing STL, DL significantly downsizing CVG, WN serving more East Coast destinations nonstop from STL, and more of the connections between STL and the East Coast now being made at other airports such as MDW, ORD, DTW, IAD, DCA, BWI, and ATL.

I think that CVG might possibly be able to support nonstop service from STL on both DL and WN since there used to be a lot more nonstop service between STL and CVG in the past. There used to be over 450 seats a day in each direction between CVG and STL 15 years ago compared to only 119 seats a day in each direction between CVG and STL today. WN adding 2 daily nonstops in each direction between CVG and STL would increase capacity to 405 seats a day in each direction on the CVG-STL route, which is still less than the number of seats available on the DL and AA CVG-STL nonstops 15 years ago.

BN727227Ultra

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
I always find this interesting. Noise report for 2nd qtr but it also says how the runways were used and types of planes. The "new" runway is over 10% (11.5%) for about the first time I can remember.

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... -final.pdf

Thanks! It is mesmerizing. Wonder if similar is done for other airports.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 pm

jplatts wrote:
There used to be 11 daily nonstops in each direction between STL and CVG 15 years ago, with 7 of these nonstops on DL and the other 4 on AA. However, many things have changed since then, including AA dehubbing STL, DL significantly downsizing CVG, WN serving more East Coast destinations nonstop from STL, and more of the connections between STL and the East Coast now being made at other airports such as MDW, ORD, DTW, IAD, DCA, BWI, and ATL.

I think that CVG might possibly be able to support nonstop service from STL on both DL and WN since there used to be a lot more nonstop service between STL and CVG in the past. There used to be over 450 seats a day in each direction between CVG and STL 15 years ago compared to only 119 seats a day in each direction between CVG and STL today. WN adding 2 daily nonstops in each direction between CVG and STL would increase capacity to 405 seats a day in each direction on the CVG-STL route, which is still less than the number of seats available on the DL and AA CVG-STL nonstops 15 years ago.

CVG-STL also had 3x the O&D passengers then. Times change. 15 years is a long time ago. You don't need 400 seats on a route that has 40 people flying it a day.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 pm

I thought it looked like the catfish was out of its hanger on my way to work today. Looks like it took a trip to Cali and Edwards AFB

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE57A

Also one of the WN Sharkweek planes is on its way to town.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA676

TWA302

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
I thought it looked like the catfish was out of its hanger on my way to work today. Looks like it took a trip to Cali and Edwards AFB

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE57A

Also one of the WN Sharkweek planes is on its way to town.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA676

Catfish wanted to escape from that shark! Great marketing partnership with WN and FlightAware.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm

^haha. That was a good one.

I also just was driving by the airport and saw an Aeromexico plane landing. That caught me off guard. I guess some diversions from ORD today.

TWA302

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
^haha. That was a good one.

I also just was driving by the airport and saw an Aeromexico plane landing. That caught me off guard. I guess some diversions from ORD today.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AMX686/history/20180716/1435Z/MMMX/KSTL

Weather doesn't look any better, it is back on its way to ORD.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:56 am

Just starting putting together April Load factors but wanted to put out a few numbers I found for the newer routes.

Combined both directions
STL-SMF ran at 94.5%
STL-SJC ran at 91.5%
STL-PBI had a short season but ran at 89.5% for the total March/April (Sat only).
STL-CUN ran at 90% for January on WN.

So those all seem like they are off to a good start. Hope to see STL-PBI come back with a couple extra flights this time. Maybe add a Sunday or Friday to go with the Saturday.

I'll get the rest of the numbers together in the next day or two hopefully. If you have a specific route you want to know sooner, let me know.

stl07

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:58 am

I need a break...
I have always wanted to try out EAS service from here. Which EAS destination is the best for a quick break? (if any)

TWA302

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm

stl07 wrote:
I need a break...
I have always wanted to try out EAS service from here. Which EAS destination is the best for a quick break? (if any)

I love 3E when I get to use them. Try the STL-BRL-STL route. Here is my video from just over a year ago on the BRL-STL run. Had the whole plane to myself. Chose to drive to BRL from CID since 3E had the direct versus going CID-ORD-STL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-kk0WJ87DA

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:19 pm

TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
I need a break...

I love 3E when I get to use them. Try the STL-BRL-STL route. Here is my video from just over a year ago on the BRL-STL run. Had the whole plane to myself. Chose to drive to BRL from CID since 3E had the direct versus going CID-ORD-STL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-kk0WJ87DA

I have considered flying Cape Air STL-DEC-ORD before just to get to fly on one of the smaller planes. You might be able to fly STL-Jackson, TN-ATL now also. Jackson, TN has a minor league baseball team though if that floats your boat. Not much else. I had a friend that lived there for a few years.

TNST3B

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:03 pm

stl07 wrote:
I need a break...

If you're into Bourbon Owensboro, Ky has a distillery that was recently added to the Bourbon Trail. I looked into it and it's a 10 dollar Lyft ride from the airport to the distillery. Plus, Cape Air's Cessna 402s won't be around forever.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Frontier extended their schedule. Their site is a pain to figure out which routes they change but it looks like DEN goes 2x a day on M/W/Sat starting Dec 22. Also TPA an RSW look to be discontinued. Now we know why Sun Country chose those 2.

stl07

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Maybe if I can't find a place that looks appealing to me ill just do what Jshank said and connect to ATL. I'm gonna save Burlington for if I have to be in Iowa anyway.

stl07

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 pm

TNST3B wrote:
stl07 wrote:
I need a break...

If you're into Bourbon Owensboro, Ky has a distillery that was recently added to the Bourbon Trail. I looked into it and it's a 10 dollar Lyft ride from the airport to the distillery. Plus, Cape Air's Cessna 402s won't be around forever.

How long are the 402s staying for?

stl07

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Frontier extended their schedule. Their site is a pain to figure out which routes they change but it looks like DEN goes 2x a day on M/W/Sat starting Dec 22. Also TPA an RSW look to be discontinued. Now we know why Sun Country chose those 2.

So Sun Country chose 2 destinations who a carrier with the same business model and much more brand recognition and image in STL wasn't able to do? I don't see the logic in what they did.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:53 pm

stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

So Sun Country chose 2 destinations who a carrier with the same business model and much more brand recognition and image in STL wasn't able to do? I don't see the logic in what they did.

Frontier had good loads so the traffic was there. Frontier just is finicky about routes. Runs a route for a few months and cuts it. If Sun Country keeps it and builds on it long term I think they will do fine one it. I also think Sun Country will do a better job working with travel agents and they have a better product from what I have read.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Just starting putting together April Load factors but wanted to put out a few numbers I found for the newer routes.

Combined both directions
STL-SMF ran at 94.5%
STL-SJC ran at 91.5%
STL-PBI had a short season but ran at 89.5% for the total March/April (Sat only).
STL-CUN ran at 90% for January on WN.

So those all seem like they are off to a good start. Hope to see STL-PBI come back with a couple extra flights this time. Maybe add a Sunday or Friday to go with the Saturday.

I'll get the rest of the numbers together in the next day or two hopefully. If you have a specific route you want to know sooner, let me know.

Finished the spreadsheet for April.

Other notes:
Portland is going to end up being around 90% full for Alaska for the 3 months they ran it this year. Still have to think it could possibly come back at some point. Also at 90% for Southwest.

Allegiant over at BLV all looks pretty good. JAX was the only one under 80% and that is probably why it is going back to seasonal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

stl07

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

TWA302

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:37 pm

stl07 wrote:
https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2018/07/17/lambert-airport-to-receive-10-million-federal.html
Interesting...

Can you please post the text of the article? My 3 free reads for the month has expired. :roll: Thanks!

stl07

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 pm

The U.S. Department of Transportation on Monday announced a $10.2 million grant to repair a runway at St. Louis Lambert International Airport.

The funding will go toward repairing runway 12L/30R and associated airfield guidance signs and runway lighting, according to the federal agency.

The grant was among $659.8 million in airport infrastructure grants to 390 airports in 47 states, announced as part of $3.18 billion in Airport Improvement Program (AIP) funds for airports nationwide. This was the second increment of funding that provided 450 grants for 664 projects, officials said.

AIP entitlement funding is distributed annually based on activity levels and project needs, however the Federal Aviation Administration can provide additional discretionary funding from the Airport and Airway Trust Fund if the airports’ capital projects exceed their available entitlement funds, according to the agency.

Trololzilla

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:32 pm

Eh, just a follow-on to the $7.1 million they got last August. Basically it's just to finish up the work on 12L/30R, as the first grant was mainly for taxiways and 12R/30L, with some funds to start work on 12L/30R. Pretty routine, all things considered.

TWA302 wrote:
Can you please post the text of the article? My 3 free reads for the month has expired. :roll: Thanks!

You can avoid that by telling your browser to stop loading the page before it loads the paywall/subscription message... if you're quick enough, that is. Won't see any images, but the text will be there in full. ;)

TWA302

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:05 pm

^ Thanks for the tip! Never knew that.

Side note VP Pence is in STL today. Not sure what time he arrives, but pretty sure he will be on a C-32.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm

TWA302 wrote:

Side note VP Pence is in STL today. Not sure what time he arrives, but pretty sure he will be on a C-32.

I saw he is going to be downtown and Ofallon, IL. I know Trump usually flies into STL but since Pence is going to Ofallon I wonder if he will just fly into Scott AFB or BLV?

TWA302

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

I saw he is going to be downtown and Ofallon, IL. I know Trump usually flies into STL but since Pence is going to Ofallon I wonder if he will just fly into Scott AFB or BLV?

Think you might be right. NOTAM from BLV

M0405/18 NOTAMN
Q) ZKC/QXXXX/IV/NBO/A/000/999/3832N08950W005 A) KBLV B) 1807191730 C) 1807192110
E) RAMP MAIN RAMP SOUTH SIDE OF HANGAR 1 RESTRICED. NO AIRCRAFT
MOVEMENT
CREATED: 19 Jul 2018 14:08:00
SOURCE: KBLV

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:11 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

Think you might be right. NOTAM from BLV

M0405/18 NOTAMN
Q) ZKC/QXXXX/IV/NBO/A/000/999/3832N08950W005 A) KBLV B) 1807191730 C) 1807192110
E) RAMP MAIN RAMP SOUTH SIDE OF HANGAR 1 RESTRICED. NO AIRCRAFT
MOVEMENT
CREATED: 19 Jul 2018 14:08:00
SOURCE: KBLV

Interesting. I was just about to get on here and say he must be on STL. I drove by around 10 and there were a ton of police up where they usual are when trump is here near 11/29.

EDIT: Looked up Vice President NOTAM's

St. Louis, MO area - July 19, 2018 - View TFR Graphic
FDC NOTAM 8/6775 has been issued for the ST. LOUIS, MO area on JULY 19, 2018.

The only airport directly impacted by this TFR is STL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos