Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TNST3B

Re: STL air service discussion - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm

stl07 wrote:
TNST3B wrote:
stl07 wrote:
I need a break...
I have always wanted to try out EAS service from here. Which EAS destination is the best for a quick break? (if any)

If you're into Bourbon Owensboro, Ky has a distillery that was recently added to the Bourbon Trail. I looked into it and it's a 10 dollar Lyft ride from the airport to the distillery. Plus, Cape Air's Cessna 402s won't be around forever.

How long are the 402s staying for?

I haven't seen any definite timetable but the first Tecnam P2012s are scheduled to be delivered in Q1 2019.

TWA302

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

I saw he is going to be downtown and Ofallon, IL. I know Trump usually flies into STL but since Pence is going to Ofallon I wonder if he will just fly into Scott AFB or BLV?

Think you might be right. NOTAM from BLV

M0405/18 NOTAMN
Q) ZKC/QXXXX/IV/NBO/A/000/999/3832N08950W005 A) KBLV B) 1807191730 C) 1807192110
E) RAMP MAIN RAMP SOUTH SIDE OF HANGAR 1 RESTRICED. NO AIRCRAFT
MOVEMENT
CREATED: 19 Jul 2018 14:08:00
SOURCE: KBLV

Interesting. I was just about to get on here and say he must be on STL. I drove by around 10 and there were a ton of police up where they usual are when trump is here near 11/29.

EDIT: Looked up Vice President NOTAM's

St. Louis, MO area - July 19, 2018 - View TFR Graphic
FDC NOTAM 8/6775 has been issued for the ST. LOUIS, MO area on JULY 19, 2018.

The only airport directly impacted by this TFR is STL.

Thanks. Never knew you could look all that up. Interesting.

stl07

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm

TNST3B wrote:
stl07 wrote:
TNST3B wrote:

If you're into Bourbon Owensboro, Ky has a distillery that was recently added to the Bourbon Trail. I looked into it and it's a 10 dollar Lyft ride from the airport to the distillery. Plus, Cape Air's Cessna 402s won't be around forever.

How long are the 402s staying for?

I haven't seen any definite timetable but the first Tecnam P2012s are scheduled to be delivered in Q1 2019.

Wow! Just checked prices and in August tickets are for $19 each way including bags to OWB! Take that F9
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

TWA302

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 pm

gerstetm wrote:
stl07 wrote:
gerstetm wrote:
Swift Air now schedules a 767 (was a 737-800) into STL from Punta Cana. Cool to have a heavy coming in that’s not UPS or Fedex.

Awesome! Is this a one-off or permanent?

It looks to be permanent.

Back to a narrow body again :mad:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ451/history/20180719/1724Z/MDPC/KSTL

Jshank83
Topic Author

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 pm

^Speaking of charters.

Looks like Volaris is picking up some of them next year. That will be fun to see their planes here.

Also looks like Cabo starts earlier next year. I know it didn't run in January this year. It started in April.
Puerto Vallarta starts later though. April next year, started February this year.

They don't have MBJ and Punta Cana dates for next year yet but I would assume they would continue to run year round.

It will be interesting to see if they sell tickets separate like Frontier does to Cancun.

http://www.applevacations.com/flight-sc ... -st_louis/

stl07

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
^Speaking of charters.

Looks like Volaris is picking up some of them next year. That will be fun to see their planes here.

Also looks like Cabo starts earlier next year. I know it didn't run in January this year. It started in April.
Puerto Vallarta starts later though. April next year, started February this year.

They don't have MBJ and Punta Cana dates for next year yet but I would assume they would continue to run year round.

It will be interesting to see if they sell tickets separate like Frontier does to Cancun.

http://www.applevacations.com/flight-sc ... -st_louis/

They don't sell from IND and LAX so I'm assuming they won't sell from STL either. Side note- Isn't volaris and F9 the same airline or something
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

jplatts

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 pm

stl07 wrote:
They don't sell from IND and LAX so I'm assuming they won't sell from STL either. Side note- Isn't volaris and F9 the same airline or something

Y4 and F9 are not the same carrier, but Indigo Partners does hold ownership stakes in both Y4 and F9.

stl07

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:33 pm

jplatts wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Y4 and F9 are not the same carrier, but Indigo Partners does hold ownership stakes in both Y4 and F9.

Thanks for the clarification

TWA302

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Looks like WQ has a leased MAX from Sunwing. Strange that a brand new plane is leased out already.
https://www.flightradar24.com/SWQ451/1d3be6c9

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Looks like WQ has a leased MAX from Sunwing. Strange that a brand new plane is leased out already.

I wonder if WQ had a plane breakdown or something. That plane had been running routes from Canada for awhile. Last night it left STL at 1 am and is operating about a day behind schedule for when the MBJ flight normally runs.

TWA302

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

I wonder if WQ had a plane breakdown or something. That plane had been running routes from Canada for awhile. Last night it left STL at 1 am and is operating about a day behind schedule for when the MBJ flight normally runs.

So WG is using this plane daily on multiple legs, WQ needs another plane to fill their routes and presto, they get a WG plane. What do they do just pick up the phone and call? "Sure we can send one right over!" They only have 9 planes, 2 MAX and 7 800s. Seems like removing 11% of your fleet would cause havoc of daily operations for WG ops.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:55 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

So WG is using this plane daily on multiple legs, WQ needs another plane to fill their routes and presto, they get a WG plane. What do they do just pick up the phone and call? "Sure we can send one right over!" They only have 9 planes, 2 MAX and 7 800s. Seems like removing 11% of your fleet would cause havoc of daily operations for WG ops.

It goes back to Toronto after this flight so it seems to be a one off. Maybe they had slack in their schedule on Mondays and could afford to lease it out for a flight? Maybe they have some agreement to share? Not sure. Kinda weird though.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Air Force One to be in town Thursday. At least the 2nd time this year, maybe 3rd.

https://www.nbaa.org/ops/airspace/alert ... /vip-tfrs/

TWA302

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Air Force One to be in town Thursday. At least the 2nd time this year, maybe 3rd.

Sweet. Flying out Thursday at 1315! Should be fun.

stlgph

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

It goes back to Toronto after this flight so it seems to be a one off. Maybe they had slack in their schedule on Mondays and could afford to lease it out for a flight? Maybe they have some agreement to share? Not sure. Kinda weird though.

I would presume the Sunwing fleet is much much MUCH busier in the winter than in the summer.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:10 pm

June's airport commission meeting minutes are up.

Nothing super exciting.
2 notes.

1.SWA Checkpoint
The Airport is still in negotiations with Southwest Airlines to relocate the outside checkpoint to the
west end of the T2 drive, which should help alleviate some of the traffic issues. Additionally, a
traffic study is currently being conducted to specifically address the traffic issues at T2.

I am pretty sure Checkpoint means the curbside check in. I am not convinced it will make a difference.

2. To counteract the public's perceived perception that the Airport has very few flights, Commissioner
Teitelbaum suggested the installation of a visual display, with lights, showing the destination of
every flight arriving at or depaiting from the Airport. She also suggested that the gate assignment
boards be placed in the concourses closer to the entrance from the security checkpoints.

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... inutes.pdf

stl07

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

WIthout anyone getting opinionated so that our posts don't get removed again, why do these high profile flights keep coming here? Is it for the senate race? If so, why is our race so important? The Democrat acts like a Republican (he even signs her bills), so even if she wins, it's not a huge loss for trump and time could be better spend flying somewhere else.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 pm

stl07 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

WIthout anyone getting opinionated so that our posts don't get removed again, why do these high profile flights keep coming here? Is it for the senate race? If so, why is our race so important? The Democrat acts like a Republican (he even signs her bills), so even if she wins, it's not a huge loss for trump and time could be better spend flying somewhere else.

Last week was fund raising on both sides of the river, so they can do 2 for 1 on stops. Thursday he is going to the steel plant in Granite City, that has reopened shut down sections over the last year, that he keep mentioning when he does speeches. I am guessing he just wants to talk about it/manufacturing jobs in person. Boeing having their defense arm here probably helps also. He came to talk to their fighter jets/military in the past also.

More aviation related I wonder if they like coming here security wise with the newest runway. They can park down at the end of it and be out of the way and semi secluded. Probably a stretch, but I am sure it doesn't hurt.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 pm

TWA302 wrote:

Sun Country plane enroute now. Weird day for not normal airlines planes here.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8106

N383SW

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:28 am

Jshank83 wrote:
June's airport commission meeting minutes are up.

Nothing super exciting.
2 notes.

1.SWA Checkpoint
The Airport is still in negotiations with Southwest Airlines to relocate the outside checkpoint to the
west end of the T2 drive, which should help alleviate some of the traffic issues. Additionally, a
traffic study is currently being conducted to specifically address the traffic issues at T2.

I am pretty sure Checkpoint means the curbside check in. I am not convinced it will make a difference.

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... inutes.pdf

I agree, I'm not sure moving the curbside check in is really going to help much. One huge problem is that people either park (waiting to pick up someone) or spend 2 days saying their goodbyes and another big one is that some people will actually park their car and get out to go inside to check in. Something drastic needs to be done with the Terminal 2 Departures AND Arrivals area along with building up the parking garage. The entire parking/drop off/pick up situation can be an experiment in terror at certain times of the day.

BTW, thanks for all of the updates and hard work that you do to keep us abreast of what's going on.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:33 am

^I saw a lady walk her family in to check in a couple weeks ago. A traffic control person tried to stop her and then let her go after she said there was someone sitting in their car. I just shook my head. Stuff like that is why it's so bad. That and the terminal wasn't built to handle the car traffic it has now. I still think they need to take away shuttle space at arrivals. They don't need 3/4 of the space. Cars should get half and the other half the shuttles can figure out how to share.

And no problem on all the info. I spend way too much time on it but I enjoy it. If there is ever anything you want me to dig into just let me know.

Trololzilla

Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:52 am

Jshank83 wrote:
More aviation related I wonder if they like coming here security wise with the newest runway. They can park down at the end of it and be out of the way and semi secluded. Probably a stretch, but I am sure it doesn't hurt.

I want to say they do use 11/29 for Presidential/VP flights. You're right in that it allows them to basically cordon off the least-used runway and keep everything relatively far away from the rest of the airport. They can then just run up the motorcade and go.

symphonicpoet

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:12 am

TWA302 wrote:

Sounds to me like Sunwing mostly does charters anyway, rather like Swift. Maybe they have some kind of agreement with Swift/Apple/Eastern, but even if they don't . . . wet leasing out an aircraft is kind of what charters do anyway. (Swift also does damp leases, apparently, where you can rent the plane and pilots but use your own aircrew. Wouldn't be surprised if Sunwing does the same. And if one tour operator comes up short an aircraft on account of a D check or something . . . just damp lease one from someone else. Probably a lot cheaper than having an extra aircraft in your own fleet, even if you do have to pay the other airline's crew.)

TWA302 wrote:
So WG is using this plane daily on multiple legs, WQ needs another plane to fill their routes and presto, they get a WG plane. What do they do just pick up the phone and call? "Sure we can send one right over!"

At a wild assed guess? Yeah, more or less. The boss makes the call. The paperwork gets sorted out later. That sort of thing seems pretty industry standard in high dollar industries for really rush jobs with really big clients that you know can pay the freight. Just a guess, but that's about how I'd picture it. I expect if you own an airline you know who you can call to get a plane fast. You probably have them on speed dial and go fishing with them every now and then.

They only have 9 planes, 2 MAX and 7 800s. Seems like removing 11% of your fleet would cause havoc of daily operations for WG ops.

All of this seems incredibly byzantine. Sunwing Travel Group, the parent company of Sunwing Airlines (and a passel of tour operators, travel agencies, and hotels) is itself apparently nearly half owned by TUI. And they have a boatload of other airlines and their planes. (And travel agenicies, hotels, cruise lines, and . . . eegads.) Unless the slightly more than half not owned by TUI is all owned by the Hunter family and their holdings the group may be a de-facto subsidiary of TUI to get around Canadian ownership laws. (That sort of thing used to be remarkably common in Texas and Mexico.) In any case, I doubt they'd really end up short of airframes in a pinch. At they very least they have some big friends that they can probably call for a lease on friendly terms.

Jshank83 wrote:

What the heck? I didn't think they started until next month. I really need to go back and check schedules.
TW AA MU JL KE DL UA LOF GJS SKW WN VN
STL JFK FRA GVA CDG IAD ORD PVG SGN NRT ICN ATL SFO HKG MDW LGA BNA DTW LHR
L1011 MD82 83 88 B737 738 741 744 762 763 772 773 777 A320 330 350 E175 C700

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:25 pm

symphonicpoet wrote:

Jshank83 wrote:

What the heck? I didn't think they started until next month. I really need to go back and check schedules.

They don't start til October. It came from Gulfport and went to Indy then back to Gulfport. Kind of odd. Looking at its routing the last few days it went to a bunch of places they don't do regularly scheduled flights or charters. So who knows.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n824sy

nmdrdh787

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Not to stir the pot, but whatever happened to BA? Are they dead in the water now that WW is at STL.

Y'all offering incentives down there still? Or at all?

stl07

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:55 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:
Not to stir the pot, but whatever happened to BA? Are they dead in the water now that WW is at STL.

Yes STL is and nothing is off the table for now....

stl07

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:56 pm

Trololzilla wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

I wouldn't imagine their interest is dead at all. Quite the contrary, in fact - I would imagine several European airlines are taking a good long look at STL considering how well the WOW flights are doing already. The demand is obviously there - I think the main issue with BA is that they're waiting for more 788's to come online.

I would imagine that some incentives will be in play (probably still fairly significant, but not nearly as much as those offered by Indy or Nashville for their recent flights). IIRC, the metro still has quite a hefty sum of incentive money ready to throw out to whoever wants it, even after what was given to WOW.

How well are the WW KEF flights doing?

Trololzilla

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:00 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:

I wouldn't imagine their interest is dead at all. Quite the contrary, in fact - I would imagine several European airlines are taking a good long look at STL considering how well the WOW flights are doing already. The demand is obviously there - I think the main issue with BA is that they're waiting for more 788's to come online.

I would imagine that some incentives will be in play (probably still fairly significant, but not nearly as much as those offered by Indy or Nashville for their recent flights). IIRC, the metro still has quite a hefty sum of incentive money ready to throw out to whoever wants it, even after what was given to WOW.

stl07

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Look who made the headlines with the big dogs https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 818150002/

Jshank83
Topic Author

Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:36 pm

nmdrdh787 wrote:

There have been lots of rumors about a new TATL announcement in August for a few months now.

Trololzilla

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:52 am

stl07 wrote:

I mean, just the fact that WOW almost immediately added a 5th weekly flight (while none of the other cities added at the same time as STL has) suggests that demand to Europe is there, even if WOW is just a ULCC. I think load factors are pretty decent as well?? (I'm pretty sure, at least). I think that even connecting traffic is surprisingly high, too.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:34 pm

Trololzilla wrote:
stl07 wrote:

I mean, just the fact that WOW almost immediately added a 5th weekly flight (while none of the other cities added at the same time as STL has) suggests that demand to Europe is there, even if WOW is just a ULCC. I think load factors are pretty decent as well?? (I'm pretty sure, at least). I think that even connecting traffic is surprisingly high, too.

Agree with this. I also have heard from most people who I have seen talk about the flights that they are mostly full.

TWA302

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

There have been lots of rumors about a new TATL announcement in August for a few months now.

The biggest thing that BA has said was that it will need to sell those First, Club World and WT+ seats. The 789 and 788 have different seat configs, with the 789 (216 total) has 8 suites and the 788 (214) total has no suites but 35 Club World seats. Given that, IF BA pulls the trigger on STL-LHR what variant of the 787 would they use? I would assume the 788? Discuss!

ncflyer

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:56 pm

A positive sign too for WOW is that it's currently bookable year round. The same can not be said for all N.A. markets, namely CVG, CLE, DFW.

It is amazing how cheap WOW is right until the last minute. Tickets in the next week to KEF are generally $129 one way, from STL and this is in range with a couple other markets I spot checked. It's a clever pricing scheme in that the return flights tend to be more expensive.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:57 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

The biggest thing that BA has said was that it will need to sell those First, Club World and WT+ seats. The 789 and 788 have different seat configs, with the 789 (216 total) has 8 suites and the 788 (214) total has no suites but 35 Club World seats. Given that, IF BA pulls the trigger on STL-LHR what variant of the 787 would they use? I would assume the 788? Discuss!

They almost always start with a 788 so I would guess that.

mutu

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:58 pm

well first off: There are only 2 787 series deliveries outstanding for BA (plus the 787-10 for late 2019/2021 delivery and A350-1000's again late 2019 onwards) and 2 744's due for retirement in 2018 the fleet will be largely flat and over-sytretched.
The 3 77W's are due for late 2019/2020.

On that basis IF there was a new route announcement soon (as has become somewhat customary) for launch spring 2019, it would need to be at the expense of another route or frequency.

So with the best will in the world it just may not be possible.

But theoretically I imagine unless research indicates a high prevalence of F flyers, it will be 788 x 4 weekly to prove the route then frequency lifted then upgauged/canned as necessary. AUS is a good example of a successful new route going 788/789/777/747. MSY and BNA seem to be establishing well but again the lack of frames means limited ability to increase frequency or upgauge, so we cant really see how well they are doing in that regard.
Last edited by mutu on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:00 pm

ncflyer wrote:
A positive sign too for WOW is that it's currently bookable year round. The same can not be said for all N.A. markets, namely CVG, CLE, DFW.

It is amazing how cheap WOW is right until the last minute. Tickets in the next week to KEF are generally $129 one way, from STL and this is in range with a couple other markets I spot checked. It's a clever pricing scheme in that the return flights tend to be more expensive.

I have also noticed a lot of other airlines really dropping their prices to KEF. You have a stop but you can pay the same or even less (after you add in fees on WOW). Lots of RTs for in the $300s from AC, UA, DL.

Midwestindy

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:02 pm

ncflyer wrote:

It’s not a “pricing strategy” US-Europe demand is really weak this time of year, Europe-US demand is much stronger hence the higher prices.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Well PIT got BA so that isn't looking good for us

TWA302

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Jshank83 wrote:

That SUCKS! But, Pittsburgh does have a really cool downtown. Have to give them that.

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2018/07/25/british-airways-to-begin-internationalservice-from.html

mutu

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:19 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
It is looking like 744 retirements deferred - pending a subsequent announcement of a route/frequency cut!!

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
What in the world is the STL air service team doing?

Everything I have heard is there is still announcement in August. It just is annoying now we have to wait a few more months to see who it is. Not that BA doesn't announce more than one destination over here a year but it is annoying and makes me more pessimistic that it is BA. We'll see.

Midwestindy

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:32 pm

In more rosey news.

Traffic up 7.6% in June
5.6% up on the year.

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... PubRel.pdf

nmdrdh787

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

Working hard. Seems like they have a good consultant.

Jshank83 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Everything I have heard is there is still announcement in August. It just is annoying now we have to wait a few more months to see who it is. Not that BA doesn't announce more than one destination over here a year but it is annoying and makes me more pessimistic that it is BA. We'll see.

Well, any announcement is better than none!

Midwestindy wrote:
ncflyer wrote:

It’s not a “pricing strategy” US-Europe demand is really weak this time of year, Europe-US demand is much stronger hence the higher prices.

Yes.

Jshank83 wrote:

Announced today?

stl07 wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:

Yes STL is and nothing is off the table for now....

Good.

stl07

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Let's hope it's not the other carrier interested in flying from STL to London

stl07

Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

Who cares? We have SUN COUNTRY!!!!!!

777PHX

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:04 pm

stl07 wrote:
Let's hope it's not the other carrier interested in flying from STL to London

I would consider either to be a "win".

Jshank83
Topic Author

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:08 pm

mutu wrote:
It is looking like 744 retirements deferred - pending a subsequent announcement of a route/frequency cut!!

Oakland got cut so there is one 777 opened up. I am sure there are other adds and cuts that move planes around for them.

stl07

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:14 pm

On URBANSTL someone I consider credible is saying that we are still going to have an announcement in August.
I found this to be interesting:
"I am interested to see how much money PIT threw at BA. If it is anything more than $5 Million, then we are definitely out"
That was exactly why we "lost" to BNA last year

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos