727LOVER

Re: Orlando air service discussion - 2018

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:50 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Clipper136 wrote:
MIA passenger total for 2017 is 44.1 million, down 1.5% yoy.
Wow so we win!

So this is wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99HRXOfIiNM

TPE looks a lot like IAD
Flybe flies to ORD?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Clipper136

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Since ACI has not released any final numbers for 2017, I'd say yes they're wrong.
You can't beat the Experience.

arcticcruiser

Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Just returned from a MCO trip, something I very much avoid generally. I first operated into MCO back in 1986. And generally the place has only gone downhill. 50 min from on blocks at airside 4 (with a very slow and grudgy CBP officer) to the curb, where the crewbus was nowhere to be seen. Departure was similarly unenjoyable. TSA can’t be bothered with a dedicated crew line so foreign crew (as instructed by TSA) have to push pax away at the TSA PRE line. The Automated People Movers are showing their age, and were pretty crammed. I will continue to avoid MCO.

FLYKTPA

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:10 am

Aeromexico adding MTY-MCO service?
https://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf101/455.pdf
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:55 pm

Clipper136 wrote:
MCO officially passed the 45 million passenger mark in February. 45.2 million on a rolling 12 month basis. The Terminal C phase 1 can't come soon enough. MCO has also begun Phase 2 planning. Phase 2 adds 13 gates.
I think that’s all we need honestly, I think the south terminal is big enough for B6 and their friends with only 2 phases. Unless B6 does a blockbuster expansion out of MCO to the Midwest and Latin America.
Resort, and other ground transportation options are on level 1.

*Future Route Network Planner*

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:57 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Aeromexico adding MTY-MCO service?
https://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf101/455.pdf
Magnicharters has done it for a long time, it makes me wonder if Magni is going to be exiting the route. Also from what it looks like, they want to codeshare, so it’s yet another reason to move AM to Airside 4.

evank516

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:12 pm

arcticcruiser wrote:
Just returned from a MCO trip, something I very much avoid generally. I first operated into MCO back in 1986. And generally the place has only gone downhill. 50 min from on blocks at airside 4 (with a very slow and grudgy CBP officer) to the curb, where the crewbus was nowhere to be seen. Departure was similarly unenjoyable. TSA can’t be bothered with a dedicated crew line so foreign crew (as instructed by TSA) have to push pax away at the TSA PRE line. The Automated People Movers are showing their age, and were pretty crammed. I will continue to avoid MCO.

I avoid MCO like the plague. TSA is horrible and really ruins the rest of the experience. So glad my sister moved to Nashville and the only airport in Central Florida I ever need to use now is DAB.

jplatts

Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Does WN have any plans to further expand at MCO? While WN already has nonstop service to MCO from most of its U.S. destinations that will ever have nonstop service to MCO on WN, WN could add nonstop service to MCO from CVG, DSM, ELP, LAX, LGA, PDX, TUS, and ICT. WN could also bring back CLT-MCO nonstop service, and WN could expand CLE-MCO, DTW-MCO, MSP-MCO, and OMA-MCO nonstop service to daily nonstop service.

flymco753
Topic Author

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:46 pm

jplatts wrote:
Does WN have any plans to further expand at MCO? While WN already has nonstop service to MCO from most of its U.S. destinations that will ever have nonstop service to MCO on WN, WN could add nonstop service to MCO from CVG, DSM, ELP, LAX, LGA, PDX, TUS, and ICT. WN could also bring back CLT-MCO nonstop service, and WN could expand CLE-MCO, DTW-MCO, MSP-MCO, and OMA-MCO nonstop service to daily nonstop service.
Not really, they've been building up quicker in FLL, MCO used to be a good connection point, now it's shifting gears toward O&D travel.

boxeebox

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:11 pm

evank516 wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:

I avoid MCO like the plague. TSA is horrible and really ruins the rest of the experience. So glad my sister moved to Nashville and the only airport in Central Florida I ever need to use now is DAB.

While i tend to agree MCO TSA lines are long, they do seem to move rather quickly. That same TSA line at JFK will take much, much longer. TSA at MCO will at least have every scanning station open. And yes, DAB is laughably absent of a line. TSA Pre-check is almost useless there besides keeping my shoes, belt and watch on.

evank516

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:25 pm

boxeebox wrote:
evank516 wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:

While i tend to agree MCO TSA lines are long, they do seem to move rather quickly. That same TSA line at JFK will take much, much longer. TSA at MCO will at least have every scanning station open. And yes, DAB is laughably absent of a line. TSA Pre-check is almost useless there besides keeping my shoes, belt and watch on.

Right? I have no idea why DAB needs Pre Check. It's pointless, though I do have to admit it gets a little long when you have AA, DL, and B6 on the ground simultaneously. As for JFK, it depends on the terminal. T5 can be bad at times, but for evening flights MCO is worse than T5. T4 is just a disaster no matter what. T2 is hit or miss.

Midwestindy

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:11 am

"Near the bottom of the Flight Ops Update..Crew Resources says the next AE will be April 16..will have M88A displacements and open a virtual base in MCO for the 7ER"

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/delt ... e-mco.html
DL DM, AA Gold 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....

KICT

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:27 am

Are there any plans to expand airside 2 at MCO? I am actually surprised that WN has not opted to have the 3rd finger built. Would allow them - or another carrier - to expand significantly. I suspect though that with the new int'l terminal coming online in the near future that it might not be needed.

Clipper136

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:48 am

No, there are no current plans. This area is know as the "bird bath". There were previous plans, but they where hinged on lengthening Runway 17R/35L 1000ft to the north. The expansion would have added 7 gates, that are actually marked out now but currently used as hardstands. As you noted, because of the start of South Terminal construction, those plans have been shelved.

flymco753
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:45 am

WN owns Airside 2, I think at this moment there’s plenty of space for them to expand, it’s B6 that has the trouble at 1, they have 1-9 which isn’t enough, so the C gates should be ample for them.

flymco753
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 am

With all of the excitement today, F9 added PWM, SYR, and MDT. I assume ALB, ROC, AVP, and BDL would eventually follow.

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 pm

More MCO excitement, at the beginning of this week, Frontier started their services.

This is a lot of service, I feel like eventually, F9 will have both the teens and 20s at Airside 1 once the international airlines move to 4 and C. Figured at the most, Azul and Copa will go to C while AM goes to 4. Shift , EK, DI, LATAM, and EI from 4 to C.

Spirit could take over the 30 gates or go to Airside 1, that’ll be interesting to see.

fsafsx

Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 pm

axiom wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
axiom wrote:

Why are you obsessed with this particular question? The "focus city" is an amorphous concept and a marketing designation more than anything else.

I think the seat and revenues numbers, and the presence of a flight crew base, show unequivocally that MCO is one of DL's largest stations. Not far behind are TPA and FLL. They are exceptional stations for the airline, especially Orlando. MCO, and perhaps TPA/FLL, have more seats than RDU, for example. The distinction is rhetorical.
Thanks for the details below, definitely eye opening, I'm sure with the addition of AMS that number will increase. Apparently advanced bookings are looking great, so I hope that opens MCO-CDG as well.

I'm obsessed because I think in terms of what MCO offers or what can be offered has great potential to have an operation similar to BOS if DL added an SJU mainline, AUS and MSY on RJ's, weekend flights from MSN, MBS, and ORF and internationally, brought back BSB and potentially add EZE. Not to mention, AMS-MEX can be done with DL and AM connecting in MCO or YYZ-GRU on WS to MCO and DL to GRU.

Data definitely helps to appreciate market dynamics.

There are probably lots of opportunities for P2P service from Orlando, but the geographical position and the issue of yield/competition limit its usefulness as a connecting center beyond a few exceptions (like GRU). AMS-MCO-MEX is pretty much a no-go because of US visa requirements -- it's only US-overseas connections that are really possible given those connections. I don't see what DL won't continue to make strategic adds at markets like MCO. In season, there is incredible demand that can absorb excess system capacity.
I don't think MCO is that important to Delta like RDU or IND is, this is why you see point routes not working because they simply can't make it work. MCO needs to get it out of their heads that Japan isn't happening any time in the nearest future, also Delta isn't building MCO into a hub or focus city, no Buenos Aires, no Paris, no Lima, no PTY, none of that, please MCO users, be realistic and realized that Orlando is all pure origin and destination, there's no way for Delta to use it as a focus city, and Indy has way more potential to gain a significant amount of service on Delta and become the next RDU or BOS.

fpetrutiu

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

fsafsx wrote:
axiom wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
Thanks for the details below, definitely eye opening, I'm sure with the addition of AMS that number will increase. Apparently advanced bookings are looking great, so I hope that opens MCO-CDG as well.

I'm obsessed because I think in terms of what MCO offers or what can be offered has great potential to have an operation similar to BOS if DL added an SJU mainline, AUS and MSY on RJ's, weekend flights from MSN, MBS, and ORF and internationally, brought back BSB and potentially add EZE. Not to mention, AMS-MEX can be done with DL and AM connecting in MCO or YYZ-GRU on WS to MCO and DL to GRU.

There are probably lots of opportunities for P2P service from Orlando, but the geographical position and the issue of yield/competition limit its usefulness as a connecting center beyond a few exceptions (like GRU). AMS-MCO-MEX is pretty much a no-go because of US visa requirements -- it's only US-overseas connections that are really possible given those connections. I don't see what DL won't continue to make strategic adds at markets like MCO. In season, there is incredible demand that can absorb excess system capacity.
I don't think MCO is that important to Delta like RDU or IND is, this is why you see point routes not working because they simply can't make it work. MCO needs to get it out of their heads that Japan isn't happening any time in the nearest future, also Delta isn't building MCO into a hub or focus city, no Buenos Aires, no Paris, no Lima, no PTY, none of that, please MCO users, be realistic and realized that Orlando is all pure origin and destination, there's no way for Delta to use it as a focus city, and Indy has way more potential to gain a significant amount of service on Delta and become the next RDU or BOS.

Remind me, what direct international routes does DL serve out of IND? Also, how many direct domestic routes it serves out of IND?
Florin
Orlando, FL

Midwestindy

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:50 pm

fpetrutiu wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
axiom wrote:

Remind me, what direct international routes does DL serve out of IND? Also, how many direct domestic routes it serves out of IND?

Not sure what the guy you quoted is on about, but DL has 2 international routes, and 14 domestic
DL DM, AA Gold 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....

flymco753
Topic Author

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:51 am

fsafsx wrote:
axiom wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

MCO-CDG will work, it wouldn’t tarnish MCO-AMS, 2 different customer bases between Paris and Amsterdam. Delta can skew ticket prices or connections too.

MCO-Tokyo will happen eventually. Before MIA? No. But soon yes.

DL is building MCO. There’s an opportunity to get into AUS, MSY, and RIC in particular on CR7/9s. With the amount of WS, VS and AM connectivity at MCO, it’s possible that DL can build a similar operation to the BOS hub.

danimarroquin

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:07 am

there's some rumors that AV might add MCO - LIM pretty soon with the NEO .

Clipper136

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:12 am

flymco753 wrote:
Spirit could take over the 30 gates or go to Airside 1, that’ll be interesting to see.

NK will move to Airside 1 and take over the B6 Gates (1-9) when Terminal C opens. There is no room for expansion with AA, UA and NK on Airside 3. AA would quickly add gates when NK relocates.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm

danimarroquin wrote:
there's some rumors that AV might add MCO - LIM pretty soon with the NEO .
I wouldn't doubt it, the market is large enough for an AV Airbus on top of the LAN Airbus....or LATAM...I like to call it LAN still.

bluefltspecial

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm

I didn't see it mentioned, but interestingly, the LGW-MCO Norwegian flights are operating 3 days a week, but on some days they are operating double daily, with a mid afternoon arrival and a late evening arrival...
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

flymco753
Topic Author

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Clipper136 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

NK will move to Airside 1 and take over the B6 Gates (1-9) when Terminal C opens. There is no room for expansion with AA, UA and NK on Airside 3. AA would quickly add gates when NK relocates.
The problem is, even with 40 gates open, United still uses 30 gates. If Spirit got all of 30, I think they'd be fine. When I flew out of few weeks ago I was snooping around, 40's were virtually empty (about 2 planes) yet United had planes at 36, 39, 35 and 31. AA uses 30's too.

However, a consolidated ULCC concourse at Airside 1 would be interesting.

KICT

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Someone mentioned the lack of dedicated employee lines for security. Those are definitely needed.
There actually used to be dedicated lines for employees/crew, but some genius decided to close them down.
DUMB!

crownvic

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:40 pm

6 747-400's all at the same time yesterday...Hail to the Queen!

neomax

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:27 pm

crownvic wrote:

G-VAST: 2:05PM-6:08PM MAN-MCO-LGW 4hrs 3min
G-VLIP: 3:06PM-6:46PM LGW-MCO-MAN 3hrs 40min
G-VROM: 4:45PM-7:46PM MAN-MCO-GLA 3hrs 1min
G-VXLG: 4:46PM-8:17PM LGW-MCO-MAN 3hrs 31min
G-VROS: 5:20PM-8:10PM GLA-MCO-LGW 2hrs 50min
D-ABVO: 5:50PM-8:01PM FRA-MCO-FRA 2hrs 11min

Yup, you're correct, if you were there from 5:50PM-6:08PM, there indeed would've been 6 on the ground at the same time! On some days when there are additional frequencies ie. GLA/destinations like BFS, that number is 7 or above.

KMCOFlyer

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:51 pm

neomax wrote:
crownvic wrote:

G-VAST: 2:05PM-6:08PM MAN-MCO-LGW 4hrs 3min
G-VLIP: 3:06PM-6:46PM LGW-MCO-MAN 3hrs 40min
G-VROM: 4:45PM-7:46PM MAN-MCO-GLA 3hrs 1min
G-VXLG: 4:46PM-8:17PM LGW-MCO-MAN 3hrs 31min
G-VROS: 5:20PM-8:10PM GLA-MCO-LGW 2hrs 50min
D-ABVO: 5:50PM-8:01PM FRA-MCO-FRA 2hrs 11min

Yup, you're correct, if you were there from 5:50PM-6:08PM, there indeed would've been 6 on the ground at the same time! On some days when there are additional frequencies ie. GLA/destinations like BFS, that number is 7 or above.

Must have been a disaster for the FIS. The FIS on Airside 4 often gets so backed up that they have to hold pax on the aircraft until space comes open. Terminal C and the expanded/renovated FIS on Airside 4 can't come soon enough.

neomax

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:04 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
Must have been a disaster for the FIS. The FIS on Airside 4 often gets so backed up that they have to hold pax on the aircraft until space comes open. Terminal C and the expanded/renovated FIS on Airside 4 can't come soon enough.

You can add 2 LATAM, 2 BA, 2 Norwegian, and 3 Thomas Cook to that. That isn't a disaster, that's a full blown crisis. MCO has the worst customs times of any airport in this country for a reason. The line at MCO is longer than JFK, IAD, MIA, ORD, LAX, and SFO. Think about that.

Thank god EK is a morning arrival!!!! That is until they add the A380 and go double daily, when all hell will break loose. EK still has the benefit of being the first longhaul arrival of the day by at least several hours so I doubt anything would really increase the wait regardless of what comes later as it is still stupidly short for EK when the terminal is so quiet you can literally hear a pin drop at the 80's and 90's gates.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:36 am

KICT wrote:
Someone mentioned the lack of dedicated employee lines for security. Those are definitely needed.
There actually used to be dedicated lines for employees/crew, but some genius decided to close them down.
DUMB!
I’ve been complaining about this for a long time.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 am

neomax wrote:
KMCOFlyer wrote:

You can add 2 LATAM, 2 BA, 2 Norwegian, and 3 Thomas Cook to that. That isn't a disaster, that's a full blown crisis. MCO has the worst customs times of any airport in this country for a reason. The line at MCO is longer than JFK, IAD, MIA, ORD, LAX, and SFO. Think about that.

Thank god EK is a morning arrival!!!! That is until they add the A380 and go double daily, when all hell will break loose. EK still has the benefit of being the first longhaul arrival of the day by at least several hours so I doubt anything would really increase the wait regardless of what comes later as it is still stupidly short for EK when the terminal is so quiet you can literally hear a pin drop at the 80's and 90's gates.
I think once C is done LATAM, Norwegian and Thomas Cook are gone from 4. EI would move too.

KMCOFlyer

Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 am

flymco753 wrote:
I think once C is done LATAM, Norwegian and Thomas Cook are gone from 4. EI would move too.

I’m surprised AM hasn’t moved to Airside 4 yet. WS recently moved over to 4. AM should move to be with DL for lounge purposes, connections, etc. I think AM use to be over in 4 back around 2010 but moved over to 1.

OSUk1d

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:12 am

arcticcruiser wrote:

There aren't enough lanes for actual passengers and you want a designated lane for crew, most of whom don't go through screening... riiiight. :scratchchin:

OSUk1d

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:18 am

evank516 wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:

The rest of the experience :lol: like what? the severe overcrowding? the poor air conditioning? the tiny bathrooms? the entitled Brazilians? I wont even mention the 1000's of people who should be on a bus instead :banghead:

OSUk1d

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 am

flymco753 wrote:
KICT wrote:
DUMB!

There is KCM and there is a checkpoint for working employees. Why does some airline employee traveling nonrev need their own line when there is not space for enough regular lanes?

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm

OSUk1d wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
KICT wrote:
DUMB!

There is KCM and there is a checkpoint for working employees. Why does some airline employee traveling nonrev need their own line when there is not space for enough regular lanes?
I don’t use KCM when I travel though, however there is a dedicated employee lane to the right of the 70-99 check point.

KMCOFlyer

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I don’t use KCM when I travel though, however there is a dedicated employee lane to the right of the 70-99 check point.

The employee lane can only be used if you have no luggage.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:29 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

The employee lane can only be used if you have no luggage.
I always carry my laptop with me...shouldn’t do that with that cleaning company they have cleaning the Airside.

Amchi757300

Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 pm

I just flew the inaugural WN MCO to OAK yesterday. Major props to WN for starting this service (saturdays only, both directions, for now) which goes daily on July 15. Makes my life easy as an orlando native and SF East Bay dweller. Hope WN continues expanding and having success at MCO.

OSUk1d

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:50 am

flymco753 wrote:
OSUk1d wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

It's for working employees with an MCO SIDA badge. They have this at both checkpoints. There is no line designated for people who just happen to work for an airline somewhere, nor should there be when there aren't enough lanes as it is.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 am

OSUk1d wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
OSUk1d wrote:

It's for working employees with an MCO SIDA badge. They have this at both checkpoints. There is no line designated for people who just happen to work for an airline somewhere, nor should there be when there aren't enough lanes as it is.
You’re telling me this like I don’t know. You realize when you work, re screening is mandatory through the regular line right?

evank516

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 pm

OSUk1d wrote:
evank516 wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:

The rest of the experience :lol: like what? the severe overcrowding? the poor air conditioning? the tiny bathrooms? the entitled Brazilians? I wont even mention the 1000's of people who should be on a bus instead :banghead:

Point made. Besides the train ride the airport pretty much sucks unless you're on DL or WN.

OSUk1d

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:48 pm

flymco753 wrote:
OSUk1d wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

You’re telling me this like I don’t know. You realize when you work, re screening is mandatory through the regular line right?

:scratchchin: what?? When you work you go through the employee checkpoint which is not TSA, or you go through KCM. I'm not sure what you're talking about. You said "when I travel." That lane is not for traveling. It is not TSA. It is for people who are currently working on the ground at MCO. If you are working you do not go through the regular line.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 pm

OSUk1d wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
OSUk1d wrote:

:scratchchin: what?? When you work you go through the employee checkpoint which is not TSA, or you go through KCM. I'm not sure what you're talking about. You said "when I travel." That lane is not for traveling. It is not TSA. It is for people who are currently working on the ground at MCO. If you are working you do not go through the regular line.
I’m not inflight, therefore I don’t use KCM. I have no clue how it works. BW & AW use the dedicated employee line. Travelers use the general TSA line.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 pm

A little late but Silver is adding MCO-FPO! Would like to see Bimini next, definitely will be using the Freeport route though! Itll be interesting with Bahamasair on the route too.

OSUk1d

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 am

flymco753 wrote:
OSUk1d wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I’m not inflight, therefore I don’t use KCM. I have no clue how it works. BW & AW use the dedicated employee line. Travelers use the general TSA line.

And "travelers" includes airport employees who do not have KCM and are not working. There is not an employee lane at TSA, only the one with private security for working employees who are not traveling.

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:07 pm

If G4 were to add SFB-DTW, who and what would this benefit? DAB has DTW on a shortlist of potential air service. However, Delta won't add it, and I don't see Spirit going to DAB either.

I think this route would benefit Daytona as well as Sanford and to a point, Ocala and Gainesville.

Second, most of the folks that travel to Detroit or come down from Detroit live or visit the Greater Kissimmee/St. Cloud area (from what I see every day are large presences near 192 from 27 to the Turnpike). The benefit comes from using MCO.

mcogator

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm

I would like to add that Clear is pretty pointless at MCO. When I use it at LAX, they let you in at the front of the line. At MCO, you only skip the outside queue, but still have to wait through most of the line. I've done LAX-MCO-LAX on DL 4 times so far this year, and its night and day between the two. I actually lost an upgrade when I should have missed the flight, but there was an issue with the plane so they let me on and gave my upgrade to the next in line.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos