Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 11
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 am

lightsaber wrote:
AvroLanc wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
Delta can convert CS100 orders to CS300s after the 35th CS100.

Regarding the overbuilt comments, Delta is getting the small engine option and has stated in official filings that the average segment length for the CS100 will be under 1,000nm.


Would you be so kind as to explain the "small engine option" i was not aware there was a difference. Also has this power plant been tested?

Almost all engines are sold for less with better maintenance intervals, or just lower power by the hour fees, if the engine is sold derated. The physical engine is the same. There is just a plug with a tiny amount of software, mostly a text file of constants and authorization codes, that reduce the engine takeoff, climb, and even cruise thrust. This results in less outstanding short field performance and is usually paired with a reduced MTOW for the airframe.

This is usually done with the hope the airline will pay to increase thrust (more missions). While it does extend engine maintenance intervals, most of this is paperWork constraining performance. For example, my prior car changed the crankshaft and a plug as part of a $2,000 upgrade that cost less than $20, but boosted horsepower 20%. This is a $12 plug that might cost $400,000 per engine!

Pratt sold engines at such an extreme discount, they want a chance of a future payment. Same with Bombardier. DL gets no upgrade for free...

Lightsaber


Well stated. All of that is exactly what i was referring to. I would add that Delta no doubt also figured that this being a new engine, it might run longer at the lower thrust levels, thus reducing engine cost (since shop visits are so expensive) Then they doubled down (tripled down?) by signing a deal with PW to be a factory approved overhaul facility, no doubt getting good deals on parts, tooling, support, etc. Then they quadrupled down by ordering GTF powered 321neos.
 
AvroLanc
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Thank you lightsaber, that makes perfect sense.
707, 717, 727, 732, 734, 737 ,738, 7M8, 742, 744, 767, 773, 789.
DC8, 9,10, MD80 ,L1011 ,HSTrident, BAC111, DHComet.
DH8-100, 400, CRJ100,200,700, EM75,90, A310,319,320,321,333
 
Someone83
Posts: 4893
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 am

Next for AirBaltic delivered

Bombardoer CS 300 55034 YL-CSI airBaltic delivery 15jun18 YMX-RIX
 
Planesmart
Posts: 2891
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:18 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:14 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Almost all engines are sold for less with better maintenance intervals, or just lower power by the hour fees, if the engine is sold derated. The physical engine is the same. There is just a plug with a tiny amount of software, mostly a text file of constants and authorization codes, that reduce the engine takeoff, climb, and even cruise thrust. This results in less outstanding short field performance and is usually paired with a reduced MTOW for the airframe.

This is usually done with the hope the airline will pay to increase thrust (more missions). While it does extend engine maintenance intervals, most of this is paperWork constraining performance. For example, my prior car changed the crankshaft and a plug as part of a $2,000 upgrade that cost less than $20, but boosted horsepower 20%. This is a $12 plug that might cost $400,000 per engine!

Pratt sold engines at such an extreme discount, they want a chance of a future payment. Same with Bombardier. DL gets no upgrade for free...

Lightsaber

About lifetime ownership costs for the operator, and lifetime profit for the maintenance provider and engine owner. For CEO's on short term contracts, front-end savings are preferred - future CEO can address operating costs.

Software de-rates save dollars, but create sub-fleets.

PBTH contracts penalise for heavy handed power use, and operating to/from airports with higher risk of FOD, sand, narrow runways, etc.

PBTH payment holidays, free re-rates & PiP's, and other incentives, are ways to keep compensation for current engine issues low profile.
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Next for AirBaltic delivered

Bombardoer CS 300 55034 YL-CSI airBaltic delivery 15jun18 YMX-RIX


That's great news.

I wonder what airBaltic intends to do with all the CS300s they ordered recently? If all are taken up, that would repesent a significant fleet expansion. One wonders if RIX has the infrastructure to handle an airBaltic fleet of that size, let alone the business need to have that many airplanes. Will they be able to fill them profitability?
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:34 pm

If the abcdlist website is correct, 55031 went from first flight to delivery in just a little over 2 weeks. Its great to see Bombardier continuing to make progess in production and delivery of this game changing airplane.

I'm hoping for a JetBlue order.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Wait, is there a production to talk about in this thread? :D
A350/CSeries = bae
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:09 am

Yep, production that Boeing was so worried about being unable to compete with that they took legal recourse.

Boeing lost.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20258
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:23 am

SteelChair wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Next for AirBaltic delivered

Bombardoer CS 300 55034 YL-CSI airBaltic delivery 15jun18 YMX-RIX


That's great news.

I wonder what airBaltic intends to do with all the CS300s they ordered recently? If all are taken up, that would repesent a significant fleet expansion. One wonders if RIX has the infrastructure to handle an airBaltic fleet of that size, let alone the business need to have that many airplanes. Will they be able to fill them profitability?

I believe they will be able to grow. If the C-series is reliable, and all indications are that it has been for Air Baltic, the cost savings (Fuel, ATC fees, and maintenance) means that they will be able to make routes profitable other EU carries won't.

I doubt they will stay 100% Riga based. I expect quite a bit of UK expansion for example.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 am

lightsaber wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Next for AirBaltic delivered



That's great news.

I wonder what airBaltic intends to do with all the CS300s they ordered recently? If all are taken up, that would repesent a significant fleet expansion. One wonders if RIX has the infrastructure to handle an airBaltic fleet of that size, let alone the business need to have that many airplanes. Will they be able to fill them profitability?

I believe they will be able to grow. If the C-series is reliable, and all indications are that it has been for Air Baltic, the cost savings (Fuel, ATC fees, and maintenance) means that they will be able to make routes profitable other EU carries won't.

I doubt they will stay 100% Riga based. I expect quite a bit of UK expansion for example.

Lightsaber


Would you anticipate the other Euro carriers filing a complaint about the level.of government support/ownership that airBaltic has at some point?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4893
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Next for Swiss being delivered

Bombardier CS 300 55032 HB-JCN Swiss International delivery 20jun18 YMX-ZRH ex C-FOVH
 
ExMilitaryEng
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm

SteelChair wrote:
Would you anticipate the other Euro carriers filing a complaint about the level.of government support/ownership that airBaltic has at some point?

In the last few years, I'm not sure if AirBaltic received any such aid that would be subject to complaints. AirBaltic seems to be a really lean and efficient operation. (But hey, we never know I guess)
 
lostsound
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm

According to wiki (which I'm aware isn't a reliable source): Privatair, Odyssey, SaudiGulf, Gulf Air, Air Tanzania, and Egypt Air (plus some leasers & Delta) are due for CSereis aircraft this year. No way that's possible given the rate of aircraft rolling out of the assembly line, right?
 
Dash9
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm

lostsound wrote:
According to wiki (which I'm aware isn't a reliable source): Privatair, Odyssey, SaudiGulf, Gulf Air, Air Tanzania, and Egypt Air (plus some leasers & Delta) are due for CSereis aircraft this year. No way that's possible given the rate of aircraft rolling out of the assembly line, right?

Per Sylvain Faust blog (which are quite accurate in terms of FAL status, everything else being speculation), Delta, Tanzania and Egyptair and next to receive Cseries this year

https://www.fliegerfaust.com/cseries-pr ... 4-86185717

Privatair: no news
Odyssey: no news for years. new 'paper' airline. definitely no deliveries this year, most likely ever
Saudi: status of order is in limbo due to delays. I'm quite sure they aren't getting any this year
Gulf: status of order is in limbo due to delays. I'm quite sure they aren't getting any this year

Edit: Added Gulf
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Next for Swiss being delivered

Bombardier CS 300 55032 HB-JCN Swiss International delivery 20jun18 YMX-ZRH ex C-FOVH


Thats 3 this month I believe. Rate still slowly building....good news. 3x month for the next 6 months would be 18, plus th 12 already delivered.....that would be 30 for 2018.
 
User avatar
Frontier14
Posts: 673
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:14 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Add another 60 orders to the number if the proposed Moxy Airways (David Nealman's) new idea gets off the ground. I suspect we will see the CS300 flying for them come 2020. :airplane:

Frontier 14
 
CXH
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 pm

SteelChair wrote:
If the abcdlist website is correct, 55031 went from first flight to delivery in just a little over 2 weeks. Its great to see Bombardier continuing to make progess in production and delivery of this game changing airplane.


According to this spreadsheet, maintainted by a A.Net user, it was indeed 16 days for 55031. Lots of fun statistics included in it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1667889812
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry
 
caribb
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 1999 6:33 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 am

AvroLanc wrote:
Just wondering how the in service aircraft are performing? I haven't heard much and can't seem to find anything on the net. I would imagine by now both operators (excluding Korean Air) should have some good performance data.


I’ve been wondering about Korean Air too. We’ve heard a lot from Swiss and Air Baltic and basically nothing from Korean. Are they happy with the aircraft? Has it been a smooth entry into service for them? Anyone with any insight?
 
A350900
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 am

RedWings will take 6 CSeries CS300 from May 2019.

Article in german: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/red-wings ... t-c-series
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9524
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:17 pm

A350900 wrote:
RedWings will take 6 CSeries CS300 from May 2019.

Article in german: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/red-wings ... t-c-series


Nice!
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
AWY
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:41 am

seems like there were two more first flights in the past few days

https://twitter.com/fbeaulie99/status/1 ... 2070996992
https://twitter.com/War_bird/status/1010529277106900992

I hope YMX is ramping up to a sustainable production level of >3/month. However the cynic in me wonders if they are just artificially pushing product out at the end quarters for better financials (there was a big spike of 4 deliveries in March, end of Q1 and we're already at 3 this month with an additional 3 undelivered cs300 already with air time at the end of Q2). Guess we'll see what happens in July-Sept.
 
User avatar
LockheedBBD
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 am

According to some folks on Twitter/Facebook, flight test aircraft #8 (CS300) is at an Airbus facility in Europe to get a repaint/new livery.
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1224
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:21 pm

LockheedBBD wrote:
According to some folks on Twitter/Facebook, flight test aircraft #8 (CS300) is at an Airbus facility in Europe to get a repaint/new livery.


I'd say Farnborough is going to be kind of the show for the Airbus A2XX.
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:29 pm

LockheedBBD wrote:
According to some folks on Twitter/Facebook, flight test aircraft #8 (CS300) is at an Airbus facility in Europe to get a repaint/new livery.


Linky?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20258
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:48 pm

PlanesNTrains wrote:
A350900 wrote:
RedWings will take 6 CSeries CS300 from May 2019.

Article in german: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/red-wings ... t-c-series


Nice!

Redwings, Moxie, and the AirBaltic top off were a good run the last month.

Farnborough will be exciting with UA,B6, NK, ET, and Kenya competing the E2 vs. C-series. I'm not saying all five will close at Farnborough, but it makes for high likelihood of an exciting airshow.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
 
pugman211
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:03 pm

SteelChair wrote:
LockheedBBD wrote:
According to some folks on Twitter/Facebook, flight test aircraft #8 (CS300) is at an Airbus facility in Europe to get a repaint/new livery.


Linky?



Search @airbus on twitter.
 
User avatar
LockheedBBD
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:17 am

SteelChair wrote:
LockheedBBD wrote:
According to some folks on Twitter/Facebook, flight test aircraft #8 (CS300) is at an Airbus facility in Europe to get a repaint/new livery.


Linky?



https://twitter.com/Deputy_1984/status/ ... 2375157761

This is only speculation. Looks like it's not an Airbus facility after all, but a 3rd party painting facility: http://www.airbournecolours.com/
 
croussel
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:46 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:10 am

lightsaber wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:
A350900 wrote:
RedWings will take 6 CSeries CS300 from May 2019.

Article in german: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/red-wings ... t-c-series


Nice!

Redwings, Moxie, and the AirBaltic top off were a good run the last month.

Farnborough will be exciting with UA,B6, NK, ET, and Kenya competing the E2 vs. C-series. I'm not saying all five will close at Farnborough, but it makes for high likelihood of an exciting airshow.

Lightsaber



There is also the possibility for the Unidentified European airline to firm up its order for 31 units. Is it IAG, Lufthansa or Air France/KLM?
 
iamlucky13
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:52 am

lightsaber wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:
A350900 wrote:
RedWings will take 6 CSeries CS300 from May 2019.

Article in german: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/red-wings ... t-c-series


Nice!

Redwings, Moxie, and the AirBaltic top off were a good run the last month.

Farnborough will be exciting with UA,B6, NK, ET, and Kenya competing the E2 vs. C-series. I'm not saying all five will close at Farnborough, but it makes for high likelihood of an exciting airshow.

Lightsaber


I hope so, but we've had quite a few past Farnborough and Paris air shows with high expectations and no significant news.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1990
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Red Wings article in English too

http://www.rusaviainsider.com/first-cs3 ... -may-2019/

It's good to see BBD remembered there is actually a production. I adore the airplane and believe it can be a game changer, but they have to get it together.
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10699
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:21 pm

The Redwings confirmation is nice but keep in mind it is a lease from an existing order, not a new one.
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Last year BBD bagged Egyptair at Farnborough if memory serves.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4350
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:01 pm

MSN55033 (LX CS300 #15) HB-JCO will have its delivery flight tomorrow morning.

ImageSwiss C-FPBZ (HB-JCO)Bombardier CS300 IMG_0353
First to fly the 787-9
 
pdp
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 pm

So this will - technically - be the first aircraft delivered under their new French overlords?

Stunning little machine, I need to find an excuse to fly on it.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20258
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Polot wrote:
The Redwings confirmation is nice but keep in mind it is a lease from an existing order, not a new one.

So only interesting news...

I'm itching on B6, NK, UA, ET, and Kenya. At least one should order at Farnborough. All are competing vs. the E2-195.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
 
dodoma
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:31 pm

pdp wrote:
So this will - technically - be the first aircraft delivered under their new French overlords?


Well, European overlords if you must. But yes, should be the first, there's no sign of the aircraft in the Swiss registry which suggests that the aircraft hasn't changed ownership yet.
 
dilettante
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:00 pm

croussel wrote:
There is also the possibility for the Unidentified European airline to firm up its order for 31 units. Is it IAG, Lufthansa or Air France/KLM?


It would be interesting to see IAG take some for Level, but I figure that venture will work better with a fleet of older aircraft from elsewhere at first.
 
pdp
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:16 pm

dilettante wrote:
croussel wrote:
There is also the possibility for the Unidentified European airline to firm up its order for 31 units. Is it IAG, Lufthansa or Air France/KLM?


It would be interesting to see IAG take some for Level, but I figure that venture will work better with a fleet of older aircraft from elsewhere at first.


I do wonder if BA will take one or two to cover the Minibus service (if it survives), there’s only one A318 left after Titan took t’other one.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4893
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 pm

At the moment, Airbus is still calling it CSeries

https://www.airbus.com/aircraft/passeng ... amily.html
 
yyztpa
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:10 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Someone83 wrote:
At the moment, Airbus is still calling it CSeries

https://www.airbus.com/aircraft/passeng ... amily.html


Also using a picture with Bombardier labelled on both the CS100 and CS300.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:27 pm

Just as a side note on this topic:

Airbus’ majority stake in C Series partnership with Bombardier and Investissement Québec comes into effect

"The closing of the previously announced C Series transaction between Airbus SAS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus SE (EPA: AIR), Bombardier Inc. (TSX: BBD.B) and Investissement Québec came into effect on July 1, 2018. Airbus now owns a 50.01% majority stake in C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership, while Bombardier and Investissement Québec own approximately 34% and 16% respectively. CSALP’s head office, primary assembly line and related functions are based in Mirabel, Québec. "

http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-re ... ier-a.html

Airbus now owns 50.01% of the C-Series program. Congratulations to Airbus and Bombardier. Also posted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1376389&start=1550
 
User avatar
LockheedBBD
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:17 am

JetBuddy wrote:
Just as a side note on this topic:

Airbus’ majority stake in C Series partnership with Bombardier and Investissement Québec comes into effect

"The closing of the previously announced C Series transaction between Airbus SAS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus SE (EPA: AIR), Bombardier Inc. (TSX: BBD.B) and Investissement Québec came into effect on July 1, 2018. Airbus now owns a 50.01% majority stake in C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership, while Bombardier and Investissement Québec own approximately 34% and 16% respectively. CSALP’s head office, primary assembly line and related functions are based in Mirabel, Québec. "

http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-re ... ier-a.html

Airbus now owns 50.01% of the C-Series program. Congratulations to Airbus and Bombardier. Also posted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1376389&start=1550


As another side note, the CSeries product page has been removed from Bombardier's website. Now Bombardier is only advertising the CRJ and Q400 on their site. There might be a separate CSeries site that I haven't found yet.


The CSeries product page has moved to the Airbus website now, so far, no name change: https://www.airbus.com/aircraft/passeng ... amily.html
Funny thing is Airbus forgot to scrub the "Bombardier" off the CSeries livery in their pictures. :lol:
 
JoeCanuck
Posts: 4704
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:30 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:00 am

LockheedBBD wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:
Just as a side note on this topic:

Airbus’ majority stake in C Series partnership with Bombardier and Investissement Québec comes into effect

"The closing of the previously announced C Series transaction between Airbus SAS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus SE (EPA: AIR), Bombardier Inc. (TSX: BBD.B) and Investissement Québec came into effect on July 1, 2018. Airbus now owns a 50.01% majority stake in C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership, while Bombardier and Investissement Québec own approximately 34% and 16% respectively. CSALP’s head office, primary assembly line and related functions are based in Mirabel, Québec. "

http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-re ... ier-a.html

Airbus now owns 50.01% of the C-Series program. Congratulations to Airbus and Bombardier. Also posted in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1376389&start=1550


As another side note, the CSeries product page has been removed from Bombardier's website. Now Bombardier is only advertising the CRJ and Q400 on their site. There might be a separate CSeries site that I haven't found yet.


The CSeries product page has moved to the Airbus website now, so far, no name change: https://www.airbus.com/aircraft/passeng ... amily.html
Funny thing is Airbus forgot to scrub the "Bombardier" off the CSeries livery in their pictures. :lol:

Well...it is still 49.99% owned by BBD. I guess they deserve some credit.
What the...?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4893
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:48 am

JoeCanuck wrote:
Well...it is still 49.99% owned by BBD. I guess they deserve some credit.


Only 34% owner by BBD as Québec owned the remaining 16%
 
jalarner
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:07 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:53 am

So how will this effect the build plate (not sure the correct terminology)? I was in an RCAF C-17 a few years ago...still a McDonnell Douglas plate even though was built as Boeing. Will they still Be Bombardier or change over to Airbus?
Support air cadets!
 
VSMUT
Posts: 4567
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:17 am

jalarner wrote:
So how will this effect the build plate (not sure the correct terminology)? I was in an RCAF C-17 a few years ago...still a McDonnell Douglas plate even though was built as Boeing. Will they still Be Bombardier or change over to Airbus?


I would be surprised if they change the build plate/type certificate. That's expensive, and in the end doesn't really achieve anything. Wouldn't surprise me if they announce a rebranding though.

The Embraer E-jets are still officially called ERJs BTW, even though they long since dropped the Regional Jet part in all public marketing. The ATR 72-500 and 72-600 are also officially designated the ATR 72-212A (yes, both of them are -212As).
 
JoeCanuck
Posts: 4704
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:30 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:02 am

Someone83 wrote:
JoeCanuck wrote:
Well...it is still 49.99% owned by BBD. I guess they deserve some credit.


Only 34% owner by BBD as Québec owned the remaining 16%


I guess 34% is worth at least a sticker on the fender.
What the...?
 
User avatar
LoganTheBogan
Posts: 397
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:49 am

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Just out of curiosity, is there a CRJ or Q-series production thread?
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
 
User avatar
reidar76
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Leeham News and Comment wrote:
Airbus is expected to announce a rebranding of the C Series at its July 10 pre-Farnborough Air Show media briefing. An aircraft is in the process of being repainted in Airbus colors for display at the event.


https://leehamnews.com/2018/07/02/ponti ... fuel-burn/
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20258
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: CSeries Production/Delivery Thread 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:36 pm

reidar76 wrote:
Leeham News and Comment wrote:
Airbus is expected to announce a rebranding of the C Series at its July 10 pre-Farnborough Air Show media briefing. An aircraft is in the process of being repainted in Airbus colors for display at the event.


https://leehamnews.com/2018/07/02/ponti ... fuel-burn/

Please add comments when posting links.

My take:. JetBlue will not announce at Farnborough.
Airbus will rename most likely at Farnborough.

But what does move quick. Your link notes Spirit...

It casts doubt on Moxie... :(.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 11

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos