• 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 16
 
n7371f
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 5:35 am

OK Doug.

You know there's a button that turns off the screen in front of you.

USAirKid wrote:
millionsofmiles wrote:
I'm not feeling the removal of the PTVs from the majority of the fleet. Passengers perceive PTVs as "value." I know there are many arguments for the advent of streaming content to a PED but there are also numerous disadvantages.

I was traveling recently from LAX to CLT on a former US 321. I was on the aisle in Premium Economy, and when the window seat passenger sat down, he took one look at the blank seatback in front of him and said, "This plane sucks. Where's the TV?"

I really wish they would rethink their decision.


I get on a plane and sigh when I see TVs in the seatbacks. (If a plane is old and still has them overhead, I don't find that as sigh-inducing.)

They just add so much light and motion to the view of an airplane. They especially suck on a redeye where they really light up the cabin.

The other thing is I find most live TV just not to be worth it. I'd much rather have streaming media to a PED, or airline provided viewing screen.
 
USAirKid
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 am

n7371f wrote:
OK Doug.

You know there's a button that turns off the screen in front of you.


Yeah but I can't turn off the screens of the empty seats in front of me. Or the screens of the guy who brings a face mask and puts it on immediately and leaves the in seat TV on.

I kinda mentioned that here:

usairkid wrote:
They just add so much light and motion to the view of an airplane. They especially suck on a redeye where they really light up the cabin.



Basically, built in IFE screens turn the cabin into a sports bar, with TVs all over. I much prefer a lower key atmosphere to relax in.
 
User avatar
millionsofmiles
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 6:49 am

USAirKid wrote:
n7371f wrote:
OK Doug.

You know there's a button that turns off the screen in front of you.


Yeah but I can't turn off the screens of the empty seats in front of me. Or the screens of the guy who brings a face mask and puts it on immediately and leaves the in seat TV on.

I kinda mentioned that here:

usairkid wrote:
They just add so much light and motion to the view of an airplane. They especially suck on a redeye where they really light up the cabin.



Basically, built in IFE screens turn the cabin into a sports bar, with TVs all over. I much prefer a lower key atmosphere to relax in.


That's what eyeshades are for.
 
AA321T
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am

Jo8338 wrote:
What is the Oasis bird.. haven’t heard that term

The name AA is using to identify 737-800’s that have been retrofitted to match the MAX.
 
UpNAWAy
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm

And all of the A320 Family too (Oasis that is). All the NB in a few years will have identical interiors.
 
jbpdx
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 4:19 pm

When did American drop MIA-SLC?
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU; +BWI, +PHL, +YYZ
 
captaink
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 10:43 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 4:27 pm


Yeah but I can't turn off the screens of the empty seats in front of me. Or the screens of the guy who brings a face mask and puts it on immediately and leaves the in seat TV on.


Pro tip: follow that guy and walk with a sleeping mask. It is the only solution other than removing all PTVs.
Look Up
 
User avatar
ORL777
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:30 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 pm

jbpdx wrote:
When did American drop MIA-SLC?


This route is seasonal, it must return by Dec 2018.

Saludos
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2168
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 pm

ORL777 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
When did American drop MIA-SLC?


This route is seasonal, it must return by Dec 2018.

Saludos


Why “must” it return?
 
jbpdx
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
ORL777 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
When did American drop MIA-SLC?


This route is seasonal, it must return by Dec 2018.

Saludos


Why “must” it return?


It doesn’t come up on FlightView or Skyscanner. Searching mid-January, Skyscanner recommends Fort Lauderdale for nonstop.
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU; +BWI, +PHL, +YYZ
 
Swadian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 10:31 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
And all of the A320 Family too (Oasis that is). All the NB in a few years will have identical interiors.


No, A320 will still have the 150-seat configuration to save on crew and A319, A321T, and 757 will still have different interiors.
 
alasizon
Topic Author
Posts: 1989
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Swadian wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
And all of the A320 Family too (Oasis that is). All the NB in a few years will have identical interiors.


No, A320 will still have the 150-seat configuration to save on crew and A319, A321T, and 757 will still have different interiors.


I think their point more so was that all the narrowbodies of the same types will have the same interior across the legacy fleets.
321/32B/321N will be standardized
738/38M will be standardized
319/319S will be standardized
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
ripcordd
Posts: 1079
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2000 1:12 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 pm

No A350 for AA and with costs rising they are looking at reducing fleet type faster than they had planned before. So you will see 330s go quicker.
 
User avatar
N62NA
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:05 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat May 26, 2018 12:11 am

Jo8338 wrote:
What is the Oasis bird.. haven’t heard that term


I didn't know either, so I looked it up. The project to convert the interiors of the 737-800s to the 7M8 interior is known as "project Oasis" so that must be what is meant by an "oasis bird."
 
Jo8338
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 am

It sounds like a bad joke since everyone says they are more torture chamber than oasis.
 
TEY1330
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:46 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat May 26, 2018 2:14 am

AA321T wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
Where is AA operating the MAX to/from right now? I saw they were going to be on DFW-ANC.

MIA-LGA/UIO/POS/BOS/MCO/POP

MIA-DCA recently had a one-off MAX flight as well.

The late MIA-DEN is one of the next routes to go to the MAX. They’re also running the 738K (the Oasis bird) on MIA-LAS exclusively for the next 5 days, will be interesting to see if that continues.


Sounds like a “market test”? Maybe there is hope is and enough complain they will suspend or change it. My suggestion: change to 30” pitch with existing seats in regular main cabin to save face and achieve some density and leave everything else as is. Think of the fuel they could buy or stock they could buy back with all the freed up capital and labor!

Install power and wireless AVOD (no box) in LUS A321 as they rotate in for heavy overhaul for product consistency.
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat May 26, 2018 2:35 am

ripcordd wrote:
No A350 for AA and with costs rising they are looking at reducing fleet type faster than they had planned before. So you will see 330s go quicker.

Wonder if AA will be the first airline to retire all the 50 pax jets.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.
 
jbpdx
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat May 26, 2018 3:03 am

jbs2886 wrote:
ORL777 wrote:
jbpdx wrote:
When did American drop MIA-SLC?


This route is seasonal, it must return by Dec 2018.

Saludos


Why “must” it return?



SLC-MIA also doesn’t come up on the AA route map or (e.g.) in the February online schedule. Programming error? Previously announced cut that I missed? Or unannounced dropped route?
Major airports with no PDX nonstops: MIA, FLL, TPA, IND, MSY, CLE, CVG, PIT, RDU; +BWI, +PHL, +YYZ
 
jgcotter
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm

E145 N647AE is en route from MQT to RIC for transfer from Envoy to Piedmont. 46 x E145 on property now at Piedmont.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N647AE
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4455
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 pm

ripcordd wrote:
No A350 for AA and with costs rising they are looking at reducing fleet type faster than they had planned before. So you will see 330s go quicker.


The A333s yes, but the A332s still have some time left in the fleet. I think that the last 763s will leave before the 15 A332s will.
Ben Soriano
 
Swadian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sun May 27, 2018 5:38 pm

American 767 wrote:
ripcordd wrote:
No A350 for AA and with costs rising they are looking at reducing fleet type faster than they had planned before. So you will see 330s go quicker.


The A333s yes, but the A332s still have some time left in the fleet. I think that the last 763s will leave before the 15 A332s will.


Will A332 leave before 77E or will AA keep them and maybe add to the fleet with used aircraft?
 
Boof02671
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sun May 27, 2018 6:27 pm

There are no plans to retire the 332 and they’ve pushed back the retirement of the 333.
 
brooklynchris13
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Mon May 28, 2018 3:47 pm

American 767 wrote:
ripcordd wrote:
No A350 for AA and with costs rising they are looking at reducing fleet type faster than they had planned before. So you will see 330s go quicker.


The A333s yes, but the A332s still have some time left in the fleet. I think that the last 763s will leave before the 15 A332s will.


I agree with you Ben. However, once the 763s are gone then a variety of factors will affect just how long the 332 and 333s stay in the fleet. With the 788/789 order and options, it would appear quite likely that the writing is on the wall for the big Airbi. Likely a combination of growth strategy, fuel prices, international demand, etc. My guess would be the 333s first, followed by the 332s. probably in the 2021-2023 time frame. But time will tell. And for those who may cite the fleet plan, remember those things can and do change on a dime. There was nothing in the fleet plan about planned E175 and CR9 top up orders, but alas, there it came.
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (mg)
 
Swadian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Mon May 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
There are no plans to retire the 332 and they’ve pushed back the retirement of the 333.


They did but all those 788 and 789 coming in will soon push the A333 out. Like the MD-80, AA likes to push back retirement of planes.

The "plan" to retire the older 77E could very well change into A332 retirement instead if AA wants fleet commonality. We will see what happens once the 763 and A333 are gone.
 
Qantas59
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but did AA ever go back and install PTVs (leather seats, etc.) on the first batch of 737s that had been delivered without them?
Cheers.
[photoid][photoid][/photoid][/photoid]/Users/jaytanguay/Desktop/Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 9.30.09 AM.png
 
User avatar
res77W
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:59 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Tue May 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Qantas59 wrote:
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but did AA ever go back and install PTVs (leather seats, etc.) on the first batch of 737s that had been delivered without them?
Cheers.


No, and the latest fleet plan has the PTVs being removed. The remaining 738s will be configured more densely to match the 737MAX at 172 seats.

-Rowen
 
OB1504
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Wed May 30, 2018 5:14 am

washingtonflyer wrote:
Thank God AA identifies this aircraft separately - 7M8. Allows me to avoid this Hell Ship.


Not anymore. 737-800 retrofits have already begun.

Although I imagine that you already avoid the A319 given that they’ve been flying with 30” pitch for four years now without nearly as much hysteria.

TEY1330 wrote:
Sounds like a “market test”? Maybe there is hope is and enough complain they will suspend or change it. My suggestion: change to 30” pitch with existing seats in regular main cabin to save face and achieve some density and leave everything else as is. Think of the fuel they could buy or stock they could buy back with all the freed up capital and labor!


What would they be leaving as-is? Changing standard main cabin seats to 30” pitch is effectively what they’re doing, along with some needed interior improvements.

They’re not going to change their minds on the 737 configuration. At least they scrapped the 29” pitch idea.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:23 pm

CR7 N508AE is en route from MQT to DAY for transfer from Envoy to PSA. 40 x CR7 on property now at PSA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N508AE
 
san747
Posts: 4360
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:03 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:19 pm

I saw a 737-800 at BOS two days ago in the old colors. I was under the impression that the entire mainline fleet besides the MD-80s had all been repainted as of February. It was definitely not the AstroJet, it was the standard 1967-2012 colors. Is AA keeping one 737 in those colors as a retrojet, like the TWA, AirCal and Reno Air frames? Or has the repainting actually not been completed yet?
Scotty doesn't know...
 
User avatar
N62NA
Posts: 4411
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:05 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 pm

san747 wrote:
I saw a 737-800 at BOS two days ago in the old colors. I was under the impression that the entire mainline fleet besides the MD-80s had all been repainted as of February. It was definitely not the AstroJet, it was the standard 1967-2012 colors. Is AA keeping one 737 in those colors as a retrojet, like the TWA, AirCal and Reno Air frames? Or has the repainting actually not been completed yet?


They are keeping one like that.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:33 pm

N62NA wrote:
san747 wrote:
I saw a 737-800 at BOS two days ago in the old colors. I was under the impression that the entire mainline fleet besides the MD-80s had all been repainted as of February. It was definitely not the AstroJet, it was the standard 1967-2012 colors. Is AA keeping one 737 in those colors as a retrojet, like the TWA, AirCal and Reno Air frames? Or has the repainting actually not been completed yet?


They are keeping one like that.


Yes, that’s N921NN in the bare metal livery. It actually was repainted into the clAAsic livery. The only indication that it's been repainted is that the registration number is in the new font. The classic titles were kept.
 
san747
Posts: 4360
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:03 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Thanks! I suspected as much. Definitely was a surprise to see.
Scotty doesn't know...
 
washingtonflyer
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:18 am

Heard that all the 77Ws have now completed conversion to PEY cabin. Wonder when we'll see a restart on the 772s.
 
DeSpringbokke
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:48 am

washingtonflyer wrote:
Heard that all the 77Ws have now completed conversion to PEY cabin. Wonder when we'll see a restart on the 772s.


I'd look for the restart of the W install, J removal on the twelve remaining 45J 772s in September. Due to the removal of two rows of J, it will take a little longer per mod than the 37J 772s/A330-200s/77Ws. Similar situation for the 788s. Won't be until next year when W installs are complete, leaving only the 24 767s and 9 A330s, which will both be retired in the 2020-2022 timeframe, left without W.
 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4455
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 am

jgcotter wrote:
N62NA wrote:
san747 wrote:
I saw a 737-800 at BOS two days ago in the old colors. I was under the impression that the entire mainline fleet besides the MD-80s had all been repainted as of February. It was definitely not the AstroJet, it was the standard 1967-2012 colors. Is AA keeping one 737 in those colors as a retrojet, like the TWA, AirCal and Reno Air frames? Or has the repainting actually not been completed yet?


They are keeping one like that.


Yes, that’s N921NN in the bare metal livery. It actually was repainted into the clAAsic livery. The only indication that it's been repainted is that the registration number is in the new font. The classic titles were kept.


Another noticeable difference is the aa.com titles on the winglets are no longer there.
Ben Soriano
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:41 am

American 767 wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
N62NA wrote:

They are keeping one like that.


Yes, that’s N921NN in the bare metal livery. It actually was repainted into the clAAsic livery. The only indication that it's been repainted is that the registration number is in the new font. The classic titles were kept.


Another noticeable difference is the aa.com titles on the winglets are no longer there.

Plus more of the fuselage's underside being painted. That's probably the biggest indicator for me at least.

N868NN on the left, a few years before repaint vs N921NN on the right:
 
grbauc
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 am

millionsofmiles wrote:
I'm not feeling the removal of the PTVs from the majority of the fleet. Passengers perceive PTVs as "value." I know there are many arguments for the advent of streaming content to a PED but there are also numerous disadvantages.

I was traveling recently from LAX to CLT on a former US 321. I was on the aisle in Premium Economy, and when the window seat passenger sat down, he took one look at the blank seatback in front of him and said, "This plane sucks. Where's the TV?"

I really wish they would rethink their decision.


Yep they missed the boat streaming content is still buggy private TVs would’ve been the way to go it gives people a distraction not everybody has iPads or phones charged with distractions while there is no WiFi until a certain flight level and since WiFi is not free on the planes they dropped the ball.

Hell JetBlue was made on private TVs. Stupid mistake and short sighted. it’s expected on international flights and it could’ve alleviated the pain on the crowded planes of domestic hour 1 to 5 hour domestic flights.
 
Swadian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:44 pm

DeSpringbokke wrote:
washingtonflyer wrote:
Heard that all the 77Ws have now completed conversion to PEY cabin. Wonder when we'll see a restart on the 772s.


I'd look for the restart of the W install, J removal on the twelve remaining 45J 772s in September. Due to the removal of two rows of J, it will take a little longer per mod than the 37J 772s/A330-200s/77Ws. Similar situation for the 788s. Won't be until next year when W installs are complete, leaving only the 24 767s and 9 A330s, which will both be retired in the 2020-2022 timeframe, left without W.


I have not heard that the 45J 77Es will be reconfigured to 37J; I assume it would be the best option for fleet simplicity which is what AA seems to be obsessed with right now.

grbauc wrote:
millionsofmiles wrote:
I'm not feeling the removal of the PTVs from the majority of the fleet. Passengers perceive PTVs as "value." I know there are many arguments for the advent of streaming content to a PED but there are also numerous disadvantages.

I was traveling recently from LAX to CLT on a former US 321. I was on the aisle in Premium Economy, and when the window seat passenger sat down, he took one look at the blank seatback in front of him and said, "This plane sucks. Where's the TV?"

I really wish they would rethink their decision.


Yep they missed the boat streaming content is still buggy private TVs would’ve been the way to go it gives people a distraction not everybody has iPads or phones charged with distractions while there is no WiFi until a certain flight level and since WiFi is not free on the planes they dropped the ball.

Hell JetBlue was made on private TVs. Stupid mistake and short sighted. it’s expected on international flights and it could’ve alleviated the pain on the crowded planes of domestic hour 1 to 5 hour domestic flights.


If Tom Horton was still CEO he would've made it happen.
 
TEY1330
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:46 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:07 pm

OB1504 wrote:
What would they be leaving as-is? Changing standard main cabin seats to 30” pitch is effectively what they’re doing, along with some needed interior improvements.

They’re not going to change their minds on the 737 configuration. At least they scrapped the 29” pitch idea.


Not replace the lavs. Not buy the new seats at all. Re-pitch the existing main cabin seats (which in many cases are brand new) with the IFE intact (AVOD and otherwise).
 
DeSpringbokke
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Swadian wrote:
I have not heard that the 45J 77Es will be reconfigured to 37J; I assume it would be the best option for fleet simplicity which is what AA seems to be obsessed with right now.


The first 45J to 37J was done back in February. 37J/24W/212Y will be the configuration for all 772s, however, it will still be a mix between Zodiac and B/E Super Diamond seat upfront.
 
Swadian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 pm

DeSpringbokke wrote:
Swadian wrote:
I have not heard that the 45J 77Es will be reconfigured to 37J; I assume it would be the best option for fleet simplicity which is what AA seems to be obsessed with right now.


The first 45J to 37J was done back in February. 37J/24W/212Y will be the configuration for all 772s, however, it will still be a mix between Zodiac and B/E Super Diamond seat upfront.


Which 77E was reconfigured from 45J to 37J?

I guess that means 9-abreast in the forward Economy cabin is also gone. I see a lot of wasted seats and wasted money.
 
miaami
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:36 am

 
User avatar
American 767
Posts: 4455
Joined: Wed May 19, 1999 7:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:03 pm

I just want to share with you that one of the 763s previously in the fleet, N374AA, is now flying with a MIA based cargo airline: Strat Air.

https://worldairlinenews.com/2018/07/02 ... air-cargo/

It looks like the 767-300ER will be gracing the skies for many more years as a freighter.
Ben Soriano
 
Runway28L
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:22 pm

A320 N128UW has 2Ku despite the fleet page saying it still has AT4.
 
miaami
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Another MAX delivery
7M8

N323RM / 3RM
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL9701
 
LovePrunesAnet
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 pm

another plus for streaming video to your own device...
recent trip I flew on AA had me on planes that resulted in experiencing a mix of seatback screens and no seatback screens. Whenever there's an announcement, the seatback screens go into PAUSE mode, but the streaming videos keep right on streaming over the announcements. Plus with my own device, I can position it whatever direction is comfortable, not have to stare up at a certain spot to view. I love the streaming video to my device; I'm happy they're ripping out the seatback screens.
 
Swadian
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:56 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
another plus for streaming video to your own device...
recent trip I flew on AA had me on planes that resulted in experiencing a mix of seatback screens and no seatback screens. Whenever there's an announcement, the seatback screens go into PAUSE mode, but the streaming videos keep right on streaming over the announcements. Plus with my own device, I can position it whatever direction is comfortable, not have to stare up at a certain spot to view. I love the streaming video to my device; I'm happy they're ripping out the seatback screens.


Well, I can certainly see how it would be better if you have a laptop or iPad in conjunction with the tablet holders. However, it appears that AA's A319s lack tablet holders?
 
Miamiairport
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Flying out of MIA it’s often over water, the Atlantic going North or the Gulf going West. Often the WiFi won’t kick in over water. The time the flight hits land it’s too late to stream a movie.
 
SJPBR
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 pm

DeSpringbokke wrote:
Swadian wrote:
I have not heard that the 45J 77Es will be reconfigured to 37J; I assume it would be the best option for fleet simplicity which is what AA seems to be obsessed with right now.


The first 45J to 37J was done back in February. 37J/24W/212Y will be the configuration for all 772s, however, it will still be a mix between Zodiac and B/E Super Diamond seat upfront.


I flew last week MIA-GRU in a 772 in W and it was great! Nice food and nice seat.
 
USAirKid
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2018

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
Flying out of MIA it’s often over water, the Atlantic going North or the Gulf going West. Often the WiFi won’t kick in over water. The time the flight hits land it’s too late to stream a movie.


That’s a poor implementation then. The movies are stored on the plane, so you should be able to stream a movie without having internet to the ground. You’ll just have WiFi to the airplane’s network which includes the media server.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 16

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos