User avatar
qf2220
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 am

Ruscoe wrote:
Just had a read of the 2017 Financials of Qantas, and found the following of interest, so somebody else might:
All figures at cost in Au$;
Cost value of fleet + engines 21billion, but fleet now depreciated to 10billion

Cost value of spares 835million now depreciated to 281million

Capital committments(I would think aircraft make up the biggest chunk of this buit that wasn't clear) 11.4 billion based on AU$of .76 v US$

They deprteciate their aircraft over a range of 2.5 years to 20 years but spares 15 to 20years

What I found most interesting is that purchase of slots is given at $35 million at cost. I thought it would be higher but Qantas probably bought some of their slots a long time ago.

Ruscoe


AIrcraft probably includes notable parts that go on aircraft and some of these could have a short life. The frames, engines etc would have a life at the other end of the

The slots are the LHR slots. At $35m theyre probably under their current value.

Re asset values, the accounting standards allow for assets to be held at depreciated cost (called carrying value), or fair value (which is a market value). Even if at depreciated cost the asset must be assessed to see if its value is equal to or less than market value.
 
jrfspa320
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 am

undertheradar wrote:
QF744ER wrote:
undertheradar wrote:
Just an observation.. A332 -EBG looks to be 'hanging' at BNE the last couple of days. Maybe in for the conversion/refit to 28J suites/243Y ipad seats...and maybe wifi hump as well.


Yep I believe she's finally in for 'domesticisation' after a long career flying ULH routes.

Believe -EBQ is next into the hangar for A332L conversion at this stage.


Thanks for that :) I have noticed -EBQ been very BNE focused with its flying recently...probably waiting for -EBV to exit the hanger.
And here's a bit of goss...from yssyforum...an internal memo... -EBM/N will also end up in the A332L (27J/224Y) ...So -EBM/N/O/P/Q/R/S/V will be 27J/224Yconfig...This is just what I have read...don't shoot the messenger lol


Wouldnt surprise me, the 332s seem to do lots of international flying into Asia with the expanded schedule, and will simplify the 200 fleet into AVOD international and Ipad domestic , i wonder if they should have kept the two other 200s that were returned to the lessor
 
Singapore 777
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat May 29, 1999 3:00 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:12 am

undertheradar wrote:
Thanks for that :) I have noticed -EBQ been very BNE focused with its flying recently...probably waiting for -EBV to exit the hanger.
And here's a bit of goss...from yssyforum...an internal memo... -EBM/N will also end up in the A332L (27J/224Y) ...So -EBM/N/O/P/Q/R/S/V will be 27J/224Yconfig...This is just what I have read...don't shoot the messenger lol


That makes sense though. Rather than have three different configurations, by re-doing EBM/N to 27J/224Y, there will only be two configurations eventually - one being the domestic configuration 28J/243Y for EBA-EBL and one being the international configuration 27J/224Y for EBM-EBV. While the original plan was for EBM and EBN to retain the 28J/243Y configuration, they would be the oddballs as they are the only ones to have in-seat TVs in Y while the others have iPads.
 
QF744ER
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:59 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:48 am

The info I get is very subject to change.

I’d heard that if PER-JNB services were to commence that -EBM/N would of been converted to A332L, but that makes sense as the A332 fleet would then only have 2 sub fleets instead of the current 3 configurations.

The ‘domestic’ A332’s have been busy on regional international flights this past week, QF37/38 ex MEL.

YSSY forum is a good source of fleet info too as is moa999 on here.

-OJT is due for withdrawal shortly too, then it’s an ER either -OEI or J. It all depends whether these are put through another heavy check based on time. -OEH I believe has just gone through a major check in HKG.
 
QF744ER
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:59 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:36 am

Interestingly today domestic A332’s -EBA, EBB, EBD and EBJ are all doing regional Asia services.

With regards to -EBM and N being reconfigured to A332L layout, there’s also a further net reduction of seats across the network, with the A332L’s have around 20 less seats.
 
BA174
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:25 am

So VH-OEB lives to tell another tale for the time being, not bad for an aircraft that’s been an oddball for the best part of the last decade with the old interiors still remaining.

I wonder as a wildcard suggestion whether BA would be interested in OJS/T/U with them being considerably younger RR powered frames with fewer hours/cycles and already kitted out with the Panasonic equipment similar to the existing G-BYG* series seeing as there’s talk of them keeping the 744 past the current 2024 date?
 
QF744ER
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:59 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:01 pm

Word is -OJT is having some interior components and furnishings 'harvested' upon withdrawal.
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4477
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:52 pm

qf2220 wrote:
The slots are the LHR slots. At $35m theyre probably under their current value.


Depends on the times of the slots, however Oman Air bought LHR slots for US$75 million a year or two ago according to their annual report.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
HM7
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Both OJU and OJT are at LAX today, as there was no QF16. My guess is one of them will be withdrawn today
CRJ200, Q400, E175, E195, MD88, MD90, A320, A332, A380, B717, B734, B738, B739, B752, B762, B763, B744, B744ER
 
User avatar
qf2220
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:48 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
The slots are the LHR slots. At $35m theyre probably under their current value.


Depends on the times of the slots, however Oman Air bought LHR slots for US$75 million a year or two ago according to their annual report.


IIRC im sure theyre pretty decent timings, though with it being LHR all slots are probably worth a substantial amount.

But this is not a fleet matter, so wont go into a lot of detail.
 
smi0006
Posts: 1952
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:23 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
undertheradar wrote:
QF744ER wrote:

Yep I believe she's finally in for 'domesticisation' after a long career flying ULH routes.

Believe -EBQ is next into the hangar for A332L conversion at this stage.


Thanks for that :) I have noticed -EBQ been very BNE focused with its flying recently...probably waiting for -EBV to exit the hanger.
And here's a bit of goss...from yssyforum...an internal memo... -EBM/N will also end up in the A332L (27J/224Y) ...So -EBM/N/O/P/Q/R/S/V will be 27J/224Yconfig...This is just what I have read...don't shoot the messenger lol


Wouldnt surprise me, the 332s seem to do lots of international flying into Asia with the expanded schedule, and will simplify the 200 fleet into AVOD international and Ipad domestic , i wonder if they should have kept the two other 200s that were returned to the lessor


Yeah certainly seems like the could use the lift of the other two frames about now, especially with the tech crew shortages! I wonder if there is a need for more A332L down the track.

Good to see them streamlining their fleet.
 
sixfootscream
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 am

So which aircraft will replace the SYD-JNB-SYD flight? Boeing 787?
 
qf002
Posts: 3490
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:40 am

sixfootscream wrote:
So which aircraft will replace the SYD-JNB-SYD flight? Boeing 787?


It’s either that or A380s initially.

Long term it probably makes sense as an A350 or 777 route if they order some extra aircraft for flights outside Project Sunrise.
 
moa999
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:22 pm

787 supplemented by a 330 PER-JNB would be possible,
But subject to CASA ETOPS approval and Perth Airport
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:02 pm

moa999 wrote:
787 supplemented by a 330 PER-JNB would be possible,
But subject to CASA ETOPS approval and Perth Airport


Are CASA ETOPS rules still so strict for the SYD-JNB-SYD route?

I believe this is something that killed (then) V Australia’s MEL-JNB-MEL route a few years back..?

I am sure PER-JNB-PER is doable with a twin.
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
DeltaB717
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 pm

MoKa777 wrote:
moa999 wrote:
787 supplemented by a 330 PER-JNB would be possible,
But subject to CASA ETOPS approval and Perth Airport


Are CASA ETOPS rules still so strict for the SYD-JNB-SYD route?

I believe this is something that killed (then) V Australia’s MEL-JNB-MEL route a few years back..?

I am sure PER-JNB-PER is doable with a twin.


Yes, it did contribute to the cessation of VA's MEL-JNB route. No, the rules are not so strict any more. However, for QF to operate the B789 on SYD-JNB they would need approval from CASA for polar operations, which they wouldn't currently have for that type (or any other twin)... the base ETOPS (i.e. the time-based approval) they have right now for the B789 is probably sufficient for SYD-JNB though.
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:25 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
MoKa777 wrote:
moa999 wrote:
787 supplemented by a 330 PER-JNB would be possible,
But subject to CASA ETOPS approval and Perth Airport


Are CASA ETOPS rules still so strict for the SYD-JNB-SYD route?

I believe this is something that killed (then) V Australia’s MEL-JNB-MEL route a few years back..?

I am sure PER-JNB-PER is doable with a twin.


Yes, it did contribute to the cessation of VA's MEL-JNB route. No, the rules are not so strict any more. However, for QF to operate the B789 on SYD-JNB they would need approval from CASA for polar operations, which they wouldn't currently have for that type (or any other twin)... the base ETOPS (i.e. the time-based approval) they have right now for the B789 is probably sufficient for SYD-JNB though.


Thanks for this. Interesting stuff.

So, time-based ETOPS is sufficient for the route.

What would it take to get polar operations approval for a twin on this route and will it ever be granted?

Would I be correct in assuming that north polar operations offer more enroute diversion points compared to south polar operations (practically no enroute alternates)..?

Apologies if this is off-topic but I was just wondering what the realistic equipment alternatives will be for this route in future.
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
User avatar
Dan23
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:12 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:22 am

VH-ZNF has been put into service as QF634 MEL-BNE tonight.


HM7 wrote:
Both OJU and OJT are at LAX today, as there was no QF16. My guess is one of them will be withdrawn today

Both lived to fly another day! OJT returned as Mondays QF16 (but is now headed back to LAX) and OJU is on the way to Sydney as Tuesdays QF12.
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Dan23 wrote:
VH-ZNF has been put into service as QF634 MEL-BNE tonight.


HM7 wrote:
Both OJU and OJT are at LAX today, as there was no QF16. My guess is one of them will be withdrawn today

Both lived to fly another day! OJT returned as Mondays QF16 (but is now headed back to LAX) and OJU is on the way to Sydney as Tuesdays QF12.


I'm guessing the 1 B747 (whichever one it is) won't be withdrawn from service until the B787 enters service on the BNE-LAX-JFK run, which commences on SEPT 01. Just my guess :) So only a couple more days to wait :)
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:43 am

A332 -EBV which has been in BNE hangers 5+ weeks looks to be scheduled for a BNE/BNE test flight today. This usually indicates a return to service not long after...if all goes well :) Place your bets as to which A332 will then enter BNE hangers for reconfig or a wifi hump :)
 
VHMHS
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:10 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:14 am

VH-EBV just took off for the first time in 5 weeks!

I wonder if we will see the hump and a reconfiguration!

Very exciting!
I’ve been on a metro 23, Saab 340, dash 8 300, B717, B737 (700, 800) 747-400, 757-200, A320, A321, A380.
 
moa999
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 am

Expecting a reconfig, but not a hump.
AFAIK only the 8 / 10 (depending on what happens to EBM/EBN) domestic aircraft will get the hump

(At least for now until ViaSat launches its Asian Gen3 Ka satellite, which QF appears to be waiting on)

EBG looks next into maintenance for assumed conversion back to domestic config (and I'd guess hump). It's been at BNE since 22 Aug
 
QF744ER
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:59 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:56 am

moa999 wrote:
EBG looks next into maintenance for assumed conversion back to domestic config (and I'd guess hump). It's been at BNE since 22 Aug


Already confirmed a few days back regarding -EBG, next in-line is -EBQ but this is subject to change, especially since -EBM/N are now rumoured to be being converted.

Interesting -EBV is currently undertaking a test flight off the coast as QF6114, do these reconfigurations alter the weights of the aircraft as I'd imagine they be 'lighter' after conversion to A332L.
 
vhebb
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:35 am

EBV had a heavy check done as well, hence the test flight.
 
cheski
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Qantaslink dash8-q200 VH-TQX is out of paint shop.

https://instagram.com/p/BmSOiP3AdZi/

Looks good! ☺️
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:46 pm

QF744ER wrote:
moa999 wrote:
EBG looks next into maintenance for assumed conversion back to domestic config (and I'd guess hump). It's been at BNE since 22 Aug


Already confirmed a few days back regarding -EBG, next in-line is -EBQ but this is subject to change, especially since -EBM/N are now rumoured to be being converted.

Interesting -EBV is currently undertaking a test flight off the coast as QF6114, do these reconfigurations alter the weights of the aircraft as I'd imagine they be 'lighter' after conversion to A332L.


-EBV return to service today QF123 BNE-AKL. Guessing game on regarding which in next. -EBL and -EBN both landed in BNE this morning. -EBQ is currently flying PER-MEL
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:48 pm

cheski wrote:
Qantaslink dash8-q200 VH-TQX is out of paint shop.

https://instagram.com/p/BmSOiP3AdZi/

Looks good! ☺️


What a spunky little prop :) and named 'Lord Howe Silvereye' ....google the name :)
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 am

-EBO, via the YSSY grapevine, seems to be going to SIN tonight for a paint job into 'newroo' ...operating a one off QF53 BNE-SIN at 11PM and no return flight scheduled.
 
moa999
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:19 am

If so, possibly nothing into BNE maintenance until it returns from the paint shop. Timing then works with about 1wk overlap to the end of EBGs refit (which is consistent with the last two)
 
jrfspa320
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:36 am

Im guessing EBG (and EBL) will take longer as its a complete internal refit, as opposed to a rejigging of toilet / galley?
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 am

It's all fun n games re the 332s in BNE hangers... so we know -EBG is in... and since my last post -EBN now currently flying BNE-SIN QF51.. BUT -EBL is still in BNE since this morning 7+ hrs ...let the speculation continue :)
 
undertheradar
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:02 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:55 am

undertheradar wrote:
It's all fun n games re the 332s in BNE hangers... so we know -EBG is in... and since my last post -EBN now currently flying BNE-SIN QF51.. BUT -EBL is still in BNE since this morning 7+ hrs ...let the speculation continue :)


Well -EBL is scheduled today for QF51 BNE-SIN..so I will pull my head in now and not make anymore 'assumptions' :banghead:
 
User avatar
qf2220
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:51 am

undertheradar wrote:
cheski wrote:
Qantaslink dash8-q200 VH-TQX is out of paint shop.

https://instagram.com/p/BmSOiP3AdZi/

Looks good! ☺️


What a spunky little prop :) and named 'Lord Howe Silvereye' ....google the name :)


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Howe_silvereye
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:31 am

OJT was supposed to be withdrawn after arrival into SYD yesterday according to The Qantas Source, but the plane flew a QF3/4 rotation last night.

Michael
 
DeltaB717
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:41 am

eamondzhang wrote:
OJT was supposed to be withdrawn after arrival into SYD yesterday according to The Qantas Source, but the plane flew a QF3/4 rotation last night.

Michael


My understanding is OJT has flights scheduled through to around 22 Sept...
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:29 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
OJT was supposed to be withdrawn after arrival into SYD yesterday according to The Qantas Source, but the plane flew a QF3/4 rotation last night.

Michael


My understanding is OJT has flights scheduled through to around 22 Sept...

Thanks for that, guess the plan changed, as it always happens in the industry

Michael
 
YBBNspotter01
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:34 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:56 pm

A Hawaiian Airlines A330-200 is occupying one of the bays in BNE hangar 3 for maintenance currently.

B738:
VH-VXE, VXG, VXI are wifi equipped.
A380:
OQC positioning SIN-DXB tonight as QF6013 for paint
DH8D:
QOY in 2016 livery and named 'Port Augusta'
QOM in 2016 livery
QON currently in TSV for paint
F100:
NQE remains in the 2007 livery
NHC named 'Pilbara'
 
User avatar
XAM2175
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:06 pm

eamondzhang wrote:
Thanks for that, guess the plan changed, as it always happens in the industry


Like the old rule for logging a QF Cityflier flight; use ink only once the wheels have left the runway, and even then keep the destination field blank :p
 
DeltaB717
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:17 pm

eamondzhang wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
OJT was supposed to be withdrawn after arrival into SYD yesterday according to The Qantas Source, but the plane flew a QF3/4 rotation last night.

Michael


My understanding is OJT has flights scheduled through to around 22 Sept...

Thanks for that, guess the plan changed, as it always happens in the industry

Michael


I should clarify because of something that occurred to me a couple of hours ago - the info I have is that OJT is scheduled to fly to LAX on 22/9; this, of course, doesn't necessarily translate to "flights scheduled through to around 22 Sept" and probably means she will be hangared at SYD for some part of the period between now and then.
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:25 pm

XAM2175 wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
Thanks for that, guess the plan changed, as it always happens in the industry


Like the old rule for logging a QF Cityflier flight; use ink only once the wheels have left the runway, and even then keep the destination field blank :p

That's very interesting to hear re: cityflyer. Without derailing the thread too much would you mind sharing a bit more?

Cheers,
Michael
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 6963
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Forum Moderator
 
YBBNspotter01
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:34 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:23 am

VH-QOM named 'Maitland'
VH-VZI named 'Ballina'
 
HM7
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:01 pm

DeltaB717 wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

My understanding is OJT has flights scheduled through to around 22 Sept...

Thanks for that, guess the plan changed, as it always happens in the industry

Michael


I should clarify because of something that occurred to me a couple of hours ago - the info I have is that OJT is scheduled to fly to LAX on 22/9; this, of course, doesn't necessarily translate to "flights scheduled through to around 22 Sept" and probably means she will be hangared at SYD for some part of the period between now and then.

Is it possible to get these flight schedules?
CRJ200, Q400, E175, E195, MD88, MD90, A320, A332, A380, B717, B734, B738, B739, B752, B762, B763, B744, B744ER
 
moa999
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:29 am

OJT hasnt flown since the HNL rotation on 2Sep. I'd guess it's having usable parts stripped or swapped and prepped for final flight
 
VHZNE
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:59 am

moa999 wrote:
OJT hasnt flown since the HNL rotation on 2Sep. I'd guess it's having usable parts stripped or swapped and prepped for final flight


She’s on her way to HKG now as QF127, which is interesting that they invested a week of MX into her.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 6963
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:23 am

733F VH-XML positioned back to PER today and has been repainted into Silveroo livery
Forum Moderator
 
VHZNE
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:37 am

qf789 wrote:
733F VH-XML positioned back to PER today and has been repainted into Silveroo livery

Also to note is it no longer has Star Track titles anywhere on the aircraft.
 
cheski
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 am

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:28 pm

VHZNE wrote:
qf789 wrote:
733F VH-XML positioned back to PER today and has been repainted into Silveroo livery

Also to note is it no longer has Star Track titles anywhere on the aircraft.



Here is a photo of VH-XML in the new Silverroo Livery:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BngAiGPAYZO/

By looking at the picture, seems to not have been named.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 6963
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:25 pm

F100 VH-NHM positioned PER-PHE-XSP for maintenance, presumably for a paint job as well

http://theqantassource.com/network-avia ... intenance/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 6963
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas Fleet Thread 2018

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:51 am

Jetconnect 738 ZK-ZQD is now re-registered as VH-VZI

http://theqantassource.com/jetconnect-b ... as-vh-vzi/
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos