Redwood839
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:14 pm

SJOtoLIR wrote:
Spirit is not operating anymore the red-eye flight into NK SJO-FLL 14x weekly.
NK keeps their current weekly frequencies.

NK 335.....FLL 19.00......19.57 SJO
NK 338.....SJO 06:00.....10:57 FLL


Starting when? They're no longer serving the red-eye, yes, but they're not having an aircraft RON per their schedule. Their website shows through Sept/October/Nov

NK 775...FLL 10.40....11.34 SJO

NK756...SJO 12.35....17.53 FLL.
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Redwood839 wrote:

Starting when? They're no longer serving the red-eye, yes, but they're not having an aircraft RON per their schedule. Their website shows through Sept/October/Nov.

NK 335.....FLL 19.00......19.57 SJO.....Daily
NK 338.....SJO 06:00.....10:57 FLL......Daily

NK 775.....FLL 10.40...…11.34 SJO....Daily
NK 756.....SJO 12.35......17.53 FLL.....Daily

NK FLL-SJO 14x weekly is already following the mentioned schedule allocation during the US summer break.
Reductions in terms of weekly frequencies are expected in September, October and November.
One plane is indeed parked overnight at SJO as shown:

August 11. NK 335 FLL-SJO. Landed at 19.10. Type: Airbus 319-132. Registration: N505NK.
August 12. NK 338 SJO-FLL. Departed at 06.01. Type: Airbus 319-132. Registration: N505NK.
Source: flightradar24.com

NK 335 FLL-SJO previously landed at 01.00 and heading back as NK 338 SJO-FLL at 02.15 roughly.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
LightChop2Chop
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:30 pm

AM MEX-BZE starts Nov 17, Saturdays and Sundays
AM 2188: MEX (0830) - BZE (1030)
AM 2189: BZE (1200) - MEX (1415)
E190
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 pm

So MEX-BZE 2x weekly will be operated by Aeromexico Connect on behalf of Aeromexico mainline.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
LightChop2Chop
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:09 am

this and LIR will either be a home run for AM or a total disaster. I do not think they will be an "its an Ok" route.
I might try it when I travel to BZE early next year from the USA. Has anyone done the connection in Mexico City? Do you need to go through customs when going international to international?
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 am

Iberia has officially postpone MGA flights via GUA.
https://www.iberia.com/gt/latest-update-of-our-flights/

MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD will operate 6 weekly starting October 1st (except friday) and on November 9th flights will be daily.

Regards
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13645
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 am

juanchito wrote:
Iberia has officially postpone MGA flights via GUA.
https://www.iberia.com/gt/latest-update-of-our-flights/
With the current situation in Nicaragua, this is not surprising at all.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
avi8
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Does anyone have any insight knowledge of the rumored future AV hub in GUA? Like I said, it is just a rumor and the director of the airport in Guatemala also mentioned it. However, his comment could mean that he misunderstood that the airline was only going to establish a focus city (which it already is).
avi8
 
LightChop2Chop
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 pm

any spotters in BZE? understand a chartered China Airlines A350-900 is doing ASU BZE tomorrow. That ought to take up all the ramp space!
 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2851
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:30 pm

juanchito wrote:
Iberia has officially postpone MGA flights via GUA.
https://www.iberia.com/gt/latest-update-of-our-flights/

MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD will operate 6 weekly starting October 1st (except friday) and on November 9th flights will be daily.
That link opens a webpage which doesn't mention Managua but Malabo.
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13645
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 pm

avi8 wrote:
Does anyone have any insight knowledge of the rumored future AV hub in GUA? Like I said, it is just a rumor and the director of the airport in Guatemala also mentioned it. However, his comment could mean that he misunderstood that the airline was only going to establish a focus city (which it already is).
The thing that would annoy me if true, it would be a reminder how SJO got dehubbed overnight by AV and the consequences of said dehubbing (e.g. people's tickets being cancelled and not getting rebooked by the airline, being forced to rebook out of their own pockets, etc.).
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
juanchito wrote:
Iberia has officially postpone MGA flights via GUA.
https://www.iberia.com/gt/latest-update-of-our-flights/

MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD will operate 6 weekly starting October 1st (except friday) and on November 9th flights will be daily.
That link opens a webpage which doesn't mention Managua but Malabo.



Did you even try to continue reading the article? :roll:
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2851
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:13 am

juanchito wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:
juanchito wrote:
Iberia has officially postpone MGA flights via GUA.
https://www.iberia.com/gt/latest-update-of-our-flights/

MAD-GUA-SAL-MAD will operate 6 weekly starting October 1st (except friday) and on November 9th flights will be daily.
That link opens a webpage which doesn't mention Managua but Malabo.



Did you even try to continue reading the article? :roll:
Yes, headlines mentioned Malabo, text mentioned Managua.
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Air Europa opens Panama City service.

UX 019....MAD 15.05.....19.40 PTY.........Ex Th, Sa.....788
UX 020....PTY 21.40......13.15+1 MAD....Ex Th, Sa.....788
Effective: February 25th.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
avi8
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:16 pm

LTU932 wrote:
avi8 wrote:
Does anyone have any insight knowledge of the rumored future AV hub in GUA? Like I said, it is just a rumor and the director of the airport in Guatemala also mentioned it. However, his comment could mean that he misunderstood that the airline was only going to establish a focus city (which it already is).
The thing that would annoy me if true, it would be a reminder how SJO got dehubbed overnight by AV and the consequences of said dehubbing (e.g. people's tickets being cancelled and not getting rebooked by the airline, being forced to rebook out of their own pockets, etc.).


I think there's a different AV right now. The closure of that hub was nothing more than the pure example of being an a$#hole. Very unprofessional. I guess we shall see if the rumors end up being true. For now, Chicago, New York JFK, Orlando and a second daily to LAX are already bookable online. MGA has been up-gauged to an A319.
avi8
 
User avatar
tommyarias
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Looks like between January 7th to March 31st Aeromexico Connect will operate E190 to PTY instead Aeromexico's 737s and 738s.
"Insert Generic Signature or Quote" - Generic Name
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13645
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 pm

I just read a tweet, where GUA apparently lost FAA category 1 and therefore cannot start more flights into the US. Can anyone confirm this?
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
aer
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:10 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:58 pm

LTU932 wrote:
I just read a tweet, where GUA apparently lost FAA category 1 and therefore cannot start more flights into the US. Can anyone confirm this?


As per news, it wasn't the airport but the country that was removed from the FAA's AISA list because for many years now no Guatemalan commercial carrier has operated flights between Guatemala and the US, either with TG registration or under the Guatemalan flag. This doesn't let the FAA audit the Guatemalan DGAC. The only flights that are affected are Guatemalan airlines (eg. TAG) and on the other and, private and foreign aviation aren't affected.

The DGAC stated that they are in talks with DHL to move a flight of theirs from DHL aviation to DHL Guatemala to get a commercial flight with TG registration or under the Guatemalan flag to reverse the FAA's decision but it may take 2 years to do so.
nice and spacious airports in need of new airlines and flights... GUA or FRS anyone?... anyone at all?
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:22 pm

NK FLL-SAL 3x weekly will deploy the 321 once a week.
Effective: December 13 till February 07.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:42 am

As far as I know, the brand new Airbus 350 hasn't ever landed in Central America yet.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
mabadia71
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:13 am

SJOtoLIR wrote:
As far as I know, the brand new Airbus 350 hasn't ever landed in Central America yet.


It depends on which definition of Central America you are using, historical or geographical. If historical I'd think you are right, if geographical then no, one was in Belize a few days ago with the president (I think) of Taiwan.
mabadia71
 
User avatar
LTU932
Posts: 13645
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:05 am

mabadia71 wrote:
SJOtoLIR wrote:
As far as I know, the brand new Airbus 350 hasn't ever landed in Central America yet.


It depends on which definition of Central America you are using, historical or geographical. If historical I'd think you are right, if geographical then no, one was in Belize a few days ago with the president (I think) of Taiwan.
And there will be one country in Central America less that a dignitary from Taiwan will visit, since El Salvador has announced that they broke relations with the island for strategic reasons, to pursue diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China. So, if another VIP A350 comes, it could likely be one from CA.

That makes El Salvador the second country in historic Central America (CA-4 plus Costa Rica), as well as the third country in geographic Central America (CA-4 plus Belize, Costa Rica and Panama) to start diplomatic relations with the mainland. Costa Rica kicked things off in 2007, then Panama followed suit in 2017 and just two days ago, El Salvador joined them.

Getting back into the aviation thing, my guess is that IB will eventually be first to fly the A350 regularly into Central America, specifically into SJO and PTY, while GUA, SAL (and eventually MGA) will continue getting the A330.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Volaris Costa Rica outlines the suspension of Q6 GDL-SJO 3x weekly.
Effective: September 01st.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 pm

AA MIA-SJO will temporarily deploy the Boeing 737-800 MAX, in one of their daily flights.
Effective: December 19th till January 06th.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:08 pm

SJOtoLIR wrote:
Volaris Costa Rica outlines the suspension of Q6 GDL-SJO 3x weekly.
Effective: September 01st.


GUA-GDL will also be suspended.

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
Redwood839
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:26 pm

juanchito wrote:
SJOtoLIR wrote:
Volaris Costa Rica outlines the suspension of Q6 GDL-SJO 3x weekly.
Effective: September 01st.


GUA-GDL will also be suspended.

Juanchito


Wonder what they will replace with or add frequencies with?

I flew this route on the way to LAX, and it wasn't super exciting considering for a few bucks more you can take the DL non stop from SJO-LAX. To do SJO-GDL-LAX was a bit naive, but it didn't make sense to connect in GDL at all.
 
avi8
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:30 pm

I see that Volaris’ prices from Central America in general are not as cheap as people thought they would be. Flights from GUA to SJO are now at 150$ one way. That makes it 300$ round trip, and that doesn’t include baggage fees and whatever else. Flights to LAX are also just like AV and DL when all the other costs are added.

I wonder what their plan is.
avi8
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Copa first MAX will be presented on Sep 18

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 pm

juanchito wrote:
Copa first MAX will be presented on Sep 18

Juanchito

Just curious if there is any recent chatter of upcoming additional destinations in the US? I'm particularly interested in anything to SAN.

I know there have been talks between CM and SAN in the not-too distant past that ended due to a certain issue that has since been fixed. I don't know if that was the final issue that need to be worked out or not but I'm very hopeful that we might be regularly seeing Copa in SAN anytime soon.

Thank you all in advance for any information you may know.

bb
 
many321
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:15 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:41 pm

avi8 wrote:
I see that Volaris’ prices from Central America in general are not as cheap as people thought they would be. Flights from GUA to SJO are now at 150$ one way. That makes it 300$ round trip, and that doesn’t include baggage fees and whatever else. Flights to LAX are also just like AV and DL when all the other costs are added.


Agreed. Last week Volaris had a '$350' dollar special, round trip to SAL from LAX for OCT 19 to OCT 27. DL had something similar at $400 for the same itinerary. If you add baggage, seat selection, and whatever you purchase to eat in the flight, it goes over Delta's price. I guess those price savvy went with DL since that plane filled up quickly. I'd be surprised, if by this time next year Volaris hasn't stopped that flight.
 
Kilgen
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 am

SANFan wrote:
juanchito wrote:
Copa first MAX will be presented on Sep 18

Juanchito

Just curious if there is any recent chatter of upcoming additional destinations in the US? I'm particularly interested in anything to SAN.

I know there have been talks between CM and SAN in the not-too distant past that ended due to a certain issue that has since been fixed. I don't know if that was the final issue that need to be worked out or not but I'm very hopeful that we might be regularly seeing Copa in SAN anytime soon.

Thank you all in advance for any information you may know.

bb


Well, the rumors that I have read in other forums, is that CM has SAN and SEA as a possible destinations. Will they open it this year or next, we may need to wait. SEA most likely won't be opened this year, even with the B737 Max 9 arriving this year, as they need time to get used to it, but I would not discard it next year. Then SAN is a possibility. When? that is the million dollar question.

In an interview with CAPA: https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/video/copa-we-like-the-size-of-the-max-10-we-will-use-them-in-our-highest-load-factor-markets-759

If you fast forward to 7:30, Copa's CEO talks about the new destinations. He mentioned that they will open FOR, SSA, BGI and PVR. Then he says that they may open 1, 2 or 3 more destinations by the end of the year. Then a few weeks later Copa announced that they will open SLA. Thus it is possible that they may open 1 or 2 destinations.

Any announcement most likely will happen on Sep 20 on investors day: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-cpa-earnings-conference-184551621.html, as last time they announced Mendoza, Argentina in the previous investor day. But then again, looks like the first flight of the B737 Max 9 is on Sep 18.

And when they announced SFO in 2015, it was either at the 2015 investor day (May 27, 2015) or the next day (May 28, 2015) and the route started on Sep 17 (almost 3.5 months after). Thus if they decide to open anything in the US for December, Sep 20 is the latest they should do it, because it will leave less than 3 months to sell tickets.
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5217
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Kilgen wrote:
Well, the rumors that I have read in other forums, is that CM has SAN and SEA as a possible destinations. Will they open it this year or next, we may need to wait. SEA most likely won't be opened this year, even with the B737 Max 9 arriving this year, as they need time to get used to it, but I would not discard it next year. Then SAN is a possibility. When? that is the million dollar question.

Thanks so much Kilgen for the information.

I'll keep my fingers crossed about an announcement at some point that might just include San Diego!

bb
 
Kilgen
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:30 pm

Looks like tonight Boeing will deliver Copa's first B737 Max 9

Here is a tweet with a video of the rehearsal for tonight: https://twitter.com/craigpaulplanes/status/1035393545220149248.
 
ipelyhe
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Kilgen wrote:
Looks like tonight Boeing will deliver Copa's first B737 Max 9

Here is a tweet with a video of the rehearsal for tonight: https://twitter.com/craigpaulplanes/status/1035393545220149248.

Indeed, just spotted it on FR24 doing what seems to be a photo flight over the Panama Canal and getting some Panama City views on the background too.

It is flying under the reg HP-9901CMP, which is very far from the previous sequence of numbering used by CM. Here is the link to the info page and the flight records:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/hp-9901cmp
 
aer
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:10 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm

Well, the rumors that I have read in other forums, is that CM has SAN and SEA as a possible destinations

Can a 79M make it from PTY to SEA with a full load?
nice and spacious airports in need of new airlines and flights... GUA or FRS anyone?... anyone at all?
 
Kilgen
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:27 am

aer wrote:
Well, the rumors that I have read in other forums, is that CM has SAN and SEA as a possible destinations

Can a 79M make it from PTY to SEA with a full load?


According to gcmap, the distance from PTY to SEA is 3,166 nm. And in CM fleet slides, the range of the B737-9 is stated as 3,300 nm and according to Boeing the B737-9 with one aux. tank, the B737-9 should fly 3,550 nm. But then again, we have to wait and see if the CM B737-9 config comes with 1 aux tank or not and how much the prevailing winds diminish the max range, thus it may be able to fly a full load, or they may need to block some seats.
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:40 am

Redwood839 wrote:
SJO-GDL-LAX was a bit naive, but it didn't make sense to connect in GDL at all.

It should be noted that Q6 [SJO-GUA-LAX] is still in service with limited weekly flights.
One more disadvantage for [Q6 SJO-GDL and then Y4 GDL-LAX] and [Q6 GUA-GDL and then Y4 GDL-LAX] was the limited weekly frequencies supplied by Volaris Costa Rica: 3x weekly; twice a week in the first quarter of commercial operations.
Both DL LAX-GUA and DL LAX-SJO are available every day whilst AV GUA-LAX and AS SJO-LAX are running on a daily basis, respectively.
Furthermore, if the fare offered by Volaris linking L.A. and Central America was unattractive as pointing out above, then it makes no sense the Guadalajara service from Central America, in terms of the profitability coming from these in-transit passengers.
I don't think that GDL produced a bulky O&D traffic to either GUA or SJO as compared to their other Mexican non-stop destinations.

Regards.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
SJOtoLIR
Topic Author
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Some airlines have reduced lately their weekly flights to Managua: DL, UA, AA, NK and CM.
"Goin' up to the spirit in the sky"
 
avi8
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:03 pm

I saw a post that Copa is suspending all but MGA-GUA 3x a week. Things have really gone south for Nicaragua.
avi8
 
mabadia71
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:29 pm

avi8 wrote:
I saw a post that Copa is suspending all but MGA-GUA 3x a week. Things have really gone south for Nicaragua.


Not exactly, according to reports in the media they will maintain 1 daily SJO-MGA-SJO and 2 daily PTY-MGA-PTY on top of the three weekly GUA-MGA-GUA. It appears that the temporary reduction (until Nov 30th) only involves 1 daily frequency on SJO-MGA-SJO.

https://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/econom ... nicaragua/
mabadia71
 
avi8
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:16 pm

mabadia71 wrote:
avi8 wrote:
I saw a post that Copa is suspending all but MGA-GUA 3x a week. Things have really gone south for Nicaragua.


Not exactly, according to reports in the media they will maintain 1 daily SJO-MGA-SJO and 2 daily PTY-MGA-PTY on top of the three weekly GUA-MGA-GUA. It appears that the temporary reduction (until Nov 30th) only involves 1 daily frequency on SJO-MGA-SJO.

https://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/econom ... nicaragua/



No idea what I read or where I read my enourmesly false information haha. Thanks for the clarification.
avi8
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 pm

avi8 wrote:
mabadia71 wrote:
avi8 wrote:
I saw a post that Copa is suspending all but MGA-GUA 3x a week. Things have really gone south for Nicaragua.


Not exactly, according to reports in the media they will maintain 1 daily SJO-MGA-SJO and 2 daily PTY-MGA-PTY on top of the three weekly GUA-MGA-GUA. It appears that the temporary reduction (until Nov 30th) only involves 1 daily frequency on SJO-MGA-SJO.

https://www.elnuevodiario.com.ni/econom ... nicaragua/



No idea what I read or where I read my enourmesly false information haha. Thanks for the clarification.


GUA-MGA will be operated daily with A319.
Plane rotation will be the following and daily starting October 29
SAL-MGA-GUA-ORD-GUA-MGA-SAL

Regards
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:47 pm

Does anyone know about an airline restarting the route between San Jose ( SYQ ) and Bocas del Toro ( BOC ), thanks.

Geoff
 
LightChop2Chop
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:34 pm

SY has announced MSP BZE
SY0545: Minneapolis 07:05 > Belize City 11:30
SY 0546: Belize City (2:30 > Minneapolis 16:55
12/22 start. seems to be Sat only
 
Redwood839
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Geoff1947 wrote:
Does anyone know about an airline restarting the route between San Jose ( SYQ ) and Bocas del Toro ( BOC ), thanks.

Geoff


Don't think you'll see it soon. SYQ only has one airline which is Aerobell Airlines which recently started scheduled operations, SANSA does not serve it or see them serving it soon.

You have Skyway which is starting scheduled soon and CR Green Airways which I don't see them going to BOC.

Don't think you'll see it except for charters.
 
mabadia71
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:43 pm

Redwood839 wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:
Does anyone know about an airline restarting the route between San Jose ( SYQ ) and Bocas del Toro ( BOC ), thanks.

Geoff


Don't think you'll see it soon. SYQ only has one airline which is Aerobell Airlines which recently started scheduled operations, SANSA does not serve it or see them serving it soon.

You have Skyway which is starting scheduled soon and CR Green Airways which I don't see them going to BOC.

Don't think you'll see it except for charters.


Skyway is actually already advertising charters (I suppose) to Bocas on Facebook, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started regular flights there shortly after starting scheduled ops. Though I would imagine if they start the route it will be from SJO and it's new domestic terminal.
mabadia71
 
Geoff1947
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:45 pm

mabadia71 wrote:
Redwood839 wrote:
Geoff1947 wrote:
Does anyone know about an airline restarting the route between San Jose ( SYQ ) and Bocas del Toro ( BOC ), thanks.

Geoff


Don't think you'll see it soon. SYQ only has one airline which is Aerobell Airlines which recently started scheduled operations, SANSA does not serve it or see them serving it soon.

You have Skyway which is starting scheduled soon and CR Green Airways which I don't see them going to BOC.

Don't think you'll see it except for charters.


Skyway is actually already advertising charters (I suppose) to Bocas on Facebook, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started regular flights there shortly after starting scheduled ops. Though I would imagine if they start the route it will be from SJO and it's new domestic terminal.


Thanks for your information. Skyway is actually advertising scheduled services between SYQ and BOC. Be interested in seeing if it happens/lasts.

Geoff
 
User avatar
juanchito
Posts: 1234
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2000 2:35 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:17 am

Tomorrow around 2 pm an Antonov AN124 will arrive at GUA.
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/
 
avi8
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:04 pm

juanchito wrote:
Tomorrow around 2 pm an Antonov AN124 will arrive at GUA.



Adding to that, tomorrow NK starts IAH-GUA 3 weekly (becomes 4 weekly later). Let's see how it goes.
avi8
 
LRC315
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:01 am

Re: Central American aviation thread - 2018

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:51 pm

The Costa Rican government announced today that it approved the codeshare agreement between jetBlue and Emirates to connect Costa Rica and the UAE. All jetBlue flights to Costa Rica (SJO-MCO, SJO-FLL, LIR-JFK) will serve as the initial leg of the trip connecting then in the aforementioned airports. "Emirates Hollidays" will promote Costa Rica as a new destination in the Americas.

https://www.rree.go.cr/?sec=servicios&c ... 93&id=4185
Pura Vida!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos