Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SRQKEF

Re: MCI announcement 1/9-Icelandair announces KEF-MCI

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 pm

FA9295 wrote:
It seems like Icelandair and WOWair are purposely adding routes in nearby markets from one another by means of route competition. Some examples:

WOW adds KEF-STL route; then FI adds KEF-MCI route.
    FI adds KEF-MSP route; then WOW adds KEF-DTW route.
    WOW adds KEF-EWR/JFK service, competing against FI's current New York service.
    AA, WOW and FI all add DFW-KEF service (this shocks me that three airlines will be simultaneously operating this route)
    WOW adds KEF-MIA competing against FI's existing KEF-MCO (previously KEF-SFB) route.
    WOW adds KEF-CVG route; then FI adds KEF-CLE route.

All in all, it'll be very interesting to see these Icelandair and WOWair continuing to go head to head for service to Iceland and/or using KEF as a gateway to Europe.

While your point holds true about STL/MCI, DFW especially and CVG/CLE, the other markets are more WOW going into established FI markets. FI has served MSP from 1997 (with a short pause around 2007-2010 after the financial crash), JFK since forever (late 1950s) and MCO since the late 90s (and FLL before that from the early 90s).

Jshank83 wrote:
RJNUT wrote:
FlyingJhawk wrote:
This is pretty damn exciting news for who call MCI our home airport. I don't see this service being for travelers need to get to Europe since there are a ton more options for one stop service. This is made for people like me that want go to places like Iceland...it's on my bucket list and if everything works out me and a friend will be there this summer!

Actually their whole "shtick" is transporting travelers between Europe and N America. Depending on just Iceland traffic alone would not be sustainable. But it will entice many travelers such as yourself to go only there and back. In fact I plan to do the same.

I would be interested to see the numbers on how many just go to Iceland and how many continue on. I am more in the only go to Iceland boat as you and take someone else if I am going to anywhere else in Europe but I am sure the low cost gets decent numbers on people connecting (especially on wow)

IIRC, the numbers for FI are around 30/70 O&D vs transfer. The WOW numbers are similar. The reason for their popularity TATL, and why many people choose them over larger legacy carriers, is that they offer a seamless 1 stop connection between small cities on both sides. So, for example someone going OSL-MSP, can either fly OSL-KEF-MSP on FI with an hour's stop in Iceland and get there in around 9 hours, often for a cheaper fare, and save themselves the hassle of connecting or even double-connecting through the large hubs (LHR, AMS, FRA etc in Europe and JFK, ATL, ORD etc in the US). The same even applies for large-to-small markets (LHR-ANC, AMS-DEN, JFK-BGO or something like that) where you have to connect anyway - why not do it smack on the great circle route, with a short and guaranteed connection that gets you there sooner than all the other options?

One other factor that distorts the transfer vs O&D is the immensely popular MyStopover option. Icelandair (and Loftleidir before it) has offered it since the 60s, but it has really gained massive popularity in recent years after Iceland hit the map as a tourist destination. Travellers going TATL can stop for up to 7 days, without any additional airfare, to explore Iceland before continuing on to their destination on the other side. Whether that's just a 12 hour stop to jump in the Blue Lagoon right next to the airport, 36 hour stop to have a short city break in Reykjavik on the way or 7 days driving around and seeing the beautiful nature all around the country, I know for a fact that a boatload of people use this feature every day, all year long. I don't recall if they count those pax as O&D or simply transfer.

Regards!
Sveinn
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!

izbtmnhd

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

FA9295 wrote:
It seems like Icelandair and WOWair are purposely adding routes in nearby markets from one another by means of route competition. Some examples:

AA, WOW and FI all add DFW-KEF service (this shocks me that three airlines will be simultaneously operating this route)
    WOW adds KEF-MIA competing against FI's existing KEF-MCO (previously KEF-SFB) route.

All in all, it'll be very interesting to see these Icelandair and WOWair continuing to go head to head for service to Iceland and/or using KEF as a gateway to Europe.

Actually WOW adds KEF-CLE route; then FI adds KEF-CLE route! Or vice versa.

RJNUT
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
RJNUT wrote:
FlyingJhawk wrote:
This is pretty damn exciting news for who call MCI our home airport. I don't see this service being for travelers need to get to Europe since there are a ton more options for one stop service. This is made for people like me that want go to places like Iceland...it's on my bucket list and if everything works out me and a friend will be there this summer!

Actually their whole "shtick" is transporting travelers between Europe and N America. Depending on just Iceland traffic alone would not be sustainable. But it will entice many travelers such as yourself to go only there and back. In fact I plan to do the same.

I would be interested to see the numbers on how many just go to Iceland and how many continue on. I am more in the only go to Iceland boat as you and take someone else if I am going to anywhere else in Europe but I am sure the low cost gets decent numbers on people connecting (especially on wow)

Also , for me , I avoid Europe in summer and prefer off season in which case this MCI FI service wont work. I have been to the UK in winter and it was great. also Paris in winter. You really get a better feel for the lifestlye that time of year without throngs of tourist clogging every site. Just an observation . I suppose I coudl still use FI servie in winter but have to go thru another gateway, but at that point i may as well use a legacy US carrier as their rates in off season are really quite good. I would like to also experence Iceland in winter as well. Maybe this will go yearound eventually.

klm617

Re: MCI announcement 1/9-International?

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
klm617 wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

Yeah, DL adding IND-CDG doesn't make sense to me for this very reason, as well as possible demand issues...

Money can give someone all the reason in the world. Perhaps this was just Delta showing their dissatisfaction to WOW Air coming to CVG

I think IND-CDG was because Indiana backed a Brinks truck up on Delta Way for them to launch the service.

It's all about money. None of MCI, STL, IND, CLE, or PIT have TATL service today without incentives.

It speaks volumes that out of all the these international adds Detroit was one of the very few that didn't have to pony up any real money to get a link to KEF
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

izbtmnhd

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:15 pm

klm617 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Money can give someone all the reason in the world. Perhaps this was just Delta showing their dissatisfaction to WOW Air coming to CVG

I think IND-CDG was because Indiana backed a Brinks truck up on Delta Way for them to launch the service.

It's all about money. None of MCI, STL, IND, CLE, or PIT have TATL service today without incentives.

It speaks volumes that out of all the these international adds Detroit was one of the very few that didn't have to pony up any real money to get a link to KEF

Well considering Detroit is twice the size of most of those metros and DTW serves many more pax then those listed above, it's not really surprising or saying as much as you think. Actually one could argue about what took so long to get a KEF link.

Indy

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 pm

FA9295 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Cincinnati and Indianapolis are 40 miles closer together than Jacksonville and Orlando and both have CDG on the same airline using the same airplane.

Yeah, DL adding IND-CDG doesn't make sense to me for this very reason, as well as possible demand issues...

I personally wish it was IND-AMS. Just not a fan of the idea of flying to CDG.
IND to RDU to OKC in 18 months. This is what my life has become.

klm617

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Indy wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Cincinnati and Indianapolis are 40 miles closer together than Jacksonville and Orlando and both have CDG on the same airline using the same airplane.

Yes I agree CDG sucks and is difficult to navagate as is LHR. AMS is way better.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

barney captain

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Serious question -

Is KEF really considered by most to be transatlantic? I see many referring to it as TATL, but in my mind it hardly qualifies as there is still a whole bunch of blue left to cross before one gets to Europe. Landing in Iceland, one has yet to cross the Atlantic.

Is KBDA considered transatlantic as well? Not in my mind, and neither is KEF.

Definition of transatlantic
1 a : crossing or extending across the Atlantic Ocean a transatlantic cable
b : relating to or involving crossing the Atlantic Ocean transatlantic airfares
2 a : situated or originating from beyond the Atlantic Ocean
b : of, relating to, or involving countries on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean and especially the U.S. and Great Britain transatlantic cooperation

A great new service for MCI nonetheless, congrats!
Southeast Of Disorder

izbtmnhd

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:38 pm

barney captain wrote:
Serious question -

Is KEF really considered by most to be transatlantic? I see many referring to it as TATL, but in my mind it hardly qualifies as there is still a whole bunch of blue left to cross before one gets to Europe. Landing in Iceland, one has yet to cross the Atlantic.

b : of, relating to, or involving countries on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean and especially the U.S. and Great Britain transatlantic cooperation

Last I checked Iceland is considered part of Europe, Bermuda not so much. You've crossed most of the blue when you arrived at KEF, BDA not so much. Not a stretch to call it TATL.

A BDA/KEF comparison itself is kind of silly considering the distance between the two.

RJNUT
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:46 pm

barney captain wrote:
Serious question -

Using your same geographic logic, then Ireland almost falls into same category of not quite transatlantic, but since both are considered Europe I will go with TATL for both countries!

flymco753

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Did anyone see BWI is being re added by FI?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

Jshank83

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:55 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Did anyone see BWI is being re added by FI?

There is a thread on it
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383343

barney captain

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
barney captain wrote:
Serious question -

Last I checked Iceland is considered part of Europe, Bermuda not so much. You've crossed most of the blue when you arrived at KEF, BDA not so much. Not a stretch to call it TATL.

A BDA/KEF comparison itself is kind of silly considering the distance between the two.

I never knew Iceland was considered part of Europe - interesting.

Like I wrote, crossing "most of the blue" does not, in my mind, equate to crossing all of it.

At any rate, a great new add for MCI - thread drift off. :)
Southeast Of Disorder

izbtmnhd

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

barney captain wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
barney captain wrote:
Serious question -

I never knew Iceland was considered part of Europe - interesting.

Like I wrote, crossing "most of the blue" does not, in my mind, equate to crossing all of it.

At any rate, a great new add for MCI - thread drift off. :)

Let's just agree to disagree. We do agree about MCI getting a great add.

Yes, Iceland is in Europe -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

tkoenig95

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:18 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Hmm.. wonder if this small-market startup will spark FI to push their planned DFW service a bit farther south to AUS.

Why? Outside of both enticing folks from TUL, FSM and XNA to drive and fly, there's little overlap. I actually think this is smart for MCI. They can entice folks to drive and fly from Omaha, Des Moines, Wichita, Springfield and Northwest Arkansas. That why I think memphis would be attractive for the TATL LCCs, decent tourism with it's music and food history and the ability to stimulate demand locally and from Little Rock, Jackson MS, and even Birmingham AL. They could even poach budget minded Nashvegans.

What all of this does is put pressure on the US Legacies to lower their connecting fare through their megahubs. Hub consolidation made this all possible.

The only reason I mentioned the DFW service is because 3 separate airlines are starting DFW-KEF service, all around the same time. Going from 0 seats per week to 2500+ per week is complete overkill. One of the airlines is bound to drop the service or relocate elsewhere, and assuming Austin is coming up in the ranks it seems like a good alternative.

iseeyyc

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:21 pm

kjeld0d wrote:

Comparing Kansas City, MO/Detroit, MI/Nat'l avg.
Violent Crime--91/95.5/31.1
Property Crime--65.7/66.1/38.1

Im not in a rush to visit either place!!

Is it mostly gang violence, or is it certain areas? Have to go for work in the near future. Much thx.

Midwestindy

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:11 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
klm617 wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

I have actual insight on that exact matter and not just random speculation. DL approached IND to start a TATL flight not the other way around, then negotiation began.

IND had been courting BA, and DE to start service, not DL. Plus, the way the incentives are set up DL doesn't get any incentives if the route is a flop (Due to the fact the incentive is based on how many pax the route carries), so they wouldn't have agreed to such an incentive if they didn't think the route would do well. Furthermore, the flight was originally supposed to be IND-AMS, but they decided on CDG instead because of the cargo from GE Aviation, and the route was finalized before WW even announced CVG.
ORD & IND

AA & DL

AAvgeek744

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:28 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Yeah, DL adding IND-CDG doesn't make sense to me for this very reason, as well as possible demand issues...[/quote

One would have thought AMS would have been a great compliment instead of the CVG duplication. I guess Delta wanted to protect an important larger airport from the TATL LCCs. If Delta had kept Memphis as a reliever sized hub like CVG and kept the AMS flight it may have warded off BA at BNA, who knows. Either way, it would have freed up space for the Air Trans/Southwests and Allegiants of the world like it has at CVG. I think Nashville would have got NorweGian and a 788 like Austin if BA didn't come in and may still.

I think BNA will get one of the European LCC's. As you stated, with BA coming, Norwegian may be less likely. FI or WW could happen. KEF needs to get their expansion done ASAP. That place is going to be crazy this summer.

stl07

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

iseeyyc wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

Is it mostly gang violence, or is it certain areas? Have to go for work in the near future. Much thx.

And another person falling victim to the crime stats which are all over-sensetionalized by the media. Do those stats count the whole metro area? Or just the "city" ? Being from STL, which is often called the "most dangerous city in the world", I have looked into this, and once I factored in St. Louis County into the crime stats with St. louis City, we become one of the safer cities in America. The "cities" with lower crime stats have most of their population living in "city limits" and not in nearby counties.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

nomorerjs

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:32 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
tkoenig95 wrote:
Hmm.. wonder if this small-market startup will spark FI to push their planned DFW service a bit farther south to AUS.

Why? Outside of both enticing folks from TUL, FSM and XNA to drive and fly, there's little overlap. I actually think this is smart for MCI. They can entice folks to drive and fly from Omaha, Des Moines, Wichita, Springfield and Northwest Arkansas. That why I think memphis would be attractive for the TATL LCCs, decent tourism with it's music and food history and the ability to stimulate demand locally and from Little Rock, Jackson MS, and even Birmingham AL. They could even poach budget minded Nashvegans.

What all of this does is put pressure on the US Legacies to lower their connecting fare through their megahubs. Hub consolidation made this all possible.

The only reason I mentioned the DFW service is because 3 separate airlines are starting DFW-KEF service, all around the same time. Going from 0 seats per week to 2500+ per week is complete overkill. One of the airlines is bound to drop the service or relocate elsewhere, and assuming Austin is coming up in the ranks it seems like a good alternative.

You are correct, something has to give. EY was the first ME3 casualty at DFW, who will be the first Icelandic to melt in the TX sun?

MrNuke

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:55 pm

FlyingJhawk wrote:
This is made for people like me that want go to places like Iceland...it's on my bucket list and if everything works out me and a friend will be there this summer!

Yeah, I doubt this route is there due to the strong O/D for MCI-KEF. If that were the case the plane wouldn't be on the ground at MCI for 20 and a half hours. It is pretty clear that the timing of the flights including the long layover is timed to tie into KEF-Europe banks in both directions.
FlyingJhawk wrote:
I don't see this service being for travelers need to get to Europe since there are a ton more options for one stop service.

Price out a random trip from MCI to say Paris for two weeks and June and you'll see why this service may be attractive to someone rather than stopping in EWR, ORD, ATL, etc.

usflyer msp

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am

Just out of curiosity, what does MCI's FIS look like? Considering how narrow the terminal is and how small the gate areas are, I would imagine the FIS is tiny.

L0VE2FLY

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:30 am

piedmontf284000 wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Well done, with the growth in flights to the USA is there a chance KEF will operate a pre-clearence CBP any time soon?

Hopefully for everyone using KEF they do. That airport is going to be an absolute zoo this summer. With all this added traffic PLUS the influx of tourists to the country there is just no where to put them all and the wait times are going to be double of what they were last summer.

Somehow, they are going to have to cram all those people into this...

That tiny airport needs major expansion if Icelandair & WOW keep the ball rolling.

Cunard

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 am

klm617 wrote:
Indy wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

Yes I agree CDG sucks and is difficult to navagate as is LHR. AMS is way better.

Are you serious regarding LHR?

Have you ever navigated Terminal 2 or Terminal 5 if you find navigating those two terminals difficult I suggest you need a blind dog!

Even Terminal 4 is easy to navigate although Terminal 3 can be a bit of stretch!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

Cunard

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 am

L0VE2FLY wrote:
piedmontf284000 wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Well done, with the growth in flights to the USA is there a chance KEF will operate a pre-clearence CBP any time soon?

Hopefully for everyone using KEF they do. That airport is going to be an absolute zoo this summer. With all this added traffic PLUS the influx of tourists to the country there is just no where to put them all and the wait times are going to be double of what they were last summer.

That tiny airport needs major expansion if Icelandair & WOW keep the ball rolling.

It's already been stated in earlier posts if you had read them where it has been clearly stated that the above photo is an old one and that the terminal has been expanded since.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

klm617

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 am

Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Indy wrote:

Have you ever navigated Terminal 2 or Terminal 5 if you find navigating those two terminals difficult I suggest you need a blind dog!

Even Terminal 4 is easy to navigate although Terminal 3 can be a bit of stretch!

I had to clear security twice going from one BA flight connecting to another BA flight not to mention there wasn't enough buses to effectively move passengers from one terminal to another.

SRQKEF

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:09 am

klm617 wrote:
Cunard wrote:
klm617 wrote:

I had to clear security twice going from one BA flight connecting to another BA flight not to mention there wasn't enough buses to effectively move passengers from one terminal to another.

No way you had to clear security twice unless you took a wrong turn yourself. I've connected at LHR many times, both within T5 and between terminals 1, 4 and 5 in various order and have almost always had a nice and fairly quick experience. If you change terminals you re-clear security there, which is once, but you never do it twice.

Regards!
Sveinn

CLEguy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:18 am

izbtmnhd wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

Actually, FI added the KEF-CLE route (quite unexpectedly and quietly), followed by WW's big, splashy announcement the following day of KEF-CLE, CVG, DTW, and STL.

stl07

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:32 am

CLEguy wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
FA9295 wrote:

Actually, FI added the KEF-CLE route (quite unexpectedly and quietly), followed by WW's big, splashy announcement the following day of KEF-CLE, CVG, DTW, and STL.

It was rumored that they were going to announce CLE a little bit later but caught word of WOW's announcement and made a quick announcement the day before wow. That's very believable because the flights had no details when announced and the format in which they were announced was very low-profile
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

4engines4lnghll

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 am

Wow, it’s crazy to see all these smaller cities getting service to EU. I definitely see this increasing in the future with the budget airlines growing. Side not if MCI,CLE,ANC, etc, can hold one flight to KEF I think DFW can hold three.
4engines4lnghll

AAvgeek744

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 am

MrNuke wrote:
FlyingJhawk wrote:
This is made for people like me that want go to places like Iceland...it's on my bucket list and if everything works out me and a friend will be there this summer!

Yeah, I doubt this route is there due to the strong O/D for MCI-KEF. If that were the case the plane wouldn't be on the ground at MCI for 20 and a half hours. It is pretty clear that the timing of the flights including the long layover is timed to tie into KEF-Europe banks in both directions.
FlyingJhawk wrote:
I don't see this service being for travelers need to get to Europe since there are a ton more options for one stop service.

Price out a random trip from MCI to say Paris for two weeks and June and you'll see why this service may be attractive to someone rather than stopping in EWR, ORD, ATL, etc.

Iceland is a fascinating place. There are plenty of Americans that go there that do not connect to Europe.

AAvgeek744

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:54 am

L0VE2FLY wrote:
piedmontf284000 wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

According to other threads, terminal expansion is underway. Still, it's going to be a madhouse this summer.

readytotaxi

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm

piedmontf284000 wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Heck, I didn't realise how small it was, it is only just a bit bigger than Biggin Hill BQH
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

FA9295

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:
piedmontf284000 wrote:

According to other threads, terminal expansion is underway. Still, it's going to be a madhouse this summer.

Heh, I imagine that security/TSA screening will be a huge pain in the arse this summer...

blhp68

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:45 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what does MCI's FIS look like? Considering how narrow the terminal is and how small the gate areas are, I would imagine the FIS is tiny.

They are currently spending 12 million to overhaul the gate/holding areas. This will be ready in time for the first flight. In 4-5 years a new terminal will be built and will solve this issue entirely.

blhp68

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:48 pm

iseeyyc wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

From a KC perspective, like most American cities, there are areas that have crime issues. If you are coming here for work, it depends on where your work is. Most areas of the city are safe. If you are traveling to work in the KC Metro, most of the suburbs are very safe with little crime.

You can PM me for more information. I was born and raised in KC and currently live here and could provide you with any information you may be looking for.

SRQKEF

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
piedmontf284000 wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Heck, I didn't realise how small it was, it is only just a bit bigger than Biggin Hill BQH

FA9295 wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:

Heh, I imagine that security/TSA screening will be a huge pain in the arse this summer...

Read the thread! ;)

The terminal is almost twice the size now, with a plethora of remote stands added along with an extension to the southern building seen at the end of the corridor.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos