Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 pm

IceAir778 wrote:
dcaviation wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:

Up to now the 767 has been used mainly on the slot constrained airports for capacity, rather than for longer distance flights.


When you are freeing up a 767 by flying to a new airport very close to an airport where 767 has been operating to (IAD and BWI) then that is something. 767 flew daily to IAD as FI645 in S17.

The summer schedule for IAD is:
FI645 KEF1650 - 1910IAD 75T D
FI643 KEF1705 - 1925BWI 75W x346
FI649 KEF1705 - 1925IAD 75W D

From this IAD is NOT a constrained airport like LHR - there is a lot of slots available.
Whereas "75T" is 757-300 and FI649 is an extra flight operated by 75W, then they are adding more seats as well as the FI649 flight which is, I thing, is instead of FI647.
By adding another destination, BWI, close to the airport, which they already flies to, they are improving their service for their passengers.

Somewhere this aircraft needs to go. So where?


Icelandair was never daily at IAD. It was 4-5 times a week max, on the second evening flight.
Also, Icelandair never served BWI with 767.


Yes indeed! FI flew to IAD on a 767 in S17. FI started service to IAD in 2011 (if I remember correctly) 3-4 times per week soon it started a daily service there on a B75W. Just google it!
FI served BWI for ten years on B752.[/quote]

Icelandair first started BWI in 1984(ish) with DC-8s.
Then probably out in 1988-1992. Pretty much since until around 2008
 
IceAir778
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm

FI expands service to SEA from 01MAY18

FI681 KEF1700 – 1745SEA 75W D
FI683 KEF1750 – 1835SEA 75W D

FI682 SEA1505 – 0520+1KEF 75W D
FI680 SEA1600 – 0615+1KEF 75W D

source: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ts-in-s18/

In S17, FI operated FI681 on B763 few times per week and FI683 was, if I remembered correctly, only operated 3-5x per week.
With this changes FI will operate 14 flights per week in S18 an only on B75W.

This will also increase my speculation that FI will announce SFO, LAX or even SAN next few days!
Last edited by IceAir778 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
IceAir778
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm

arcticcruiser wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:
dcaviation wrote:

When you are freeing up a 767 by flying to a new airport very close to an airport where 767 has been operating to (IAD and BWI) then that is something. 767 flew daily to IAD as FI645 in S17.

The summer schedule for IAD is:
FI645 KEF1650 - 1910IAD 75T D
FI643 KEF1705 - 1925BWI 75W x346
FI649 KEF1705 - 1925IAD 75W D

From this IAD is NOT a constrained airport like LHR - there is a lot of slots available.
Whereas "75T" is 757-300 and FI649 is an extra flight operated by 75W, then they are adding more seats as well as the FI649 flight which is, I thing, is instead of FI647.
By adding another destination, BWI, close to the airport, which they already flies to, they are improving their service for their passengers.

Somewhere this aircraft needs to go. So where?


Icelandair was never daily at IAD. It was 4-5 times a week max, on the second evening flight.
Also, Icelandair never served BWI with 767.


Yes indeed! FI flew to IAD on a 767 in S17. FI started service to IAD in 2011 (if I remember correctly) 3-4 times per week soon it started a daily service there on a B75W. Just google it!
FI served BWI for ten years on B752.

Icelandair first started BWI in 1984(ish) with DC-8s.
Then probably out in 1988-1992. Pretty much since until around 2008[/quote]


Correct :bigthumbsup:
 
IceAir778
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:12 pm

FI has announced its next newest destination - SFO. FI will operate its 767s four times per week. Start from 01JUN through October.
The flight schedule is as follows:

FI863 KEF1700 SFO1855
FI862 SFO1515 KEF0640
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

I don't think it's going to end at SFO y'all, I'd expect FI to add at least 2 or 3 more for 2018.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1957
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:20 pm

IceAir778 wrote:
FI has announced its next newest destination - SFO. FI will operate its 767s four times per week. Start from 01JUN through October.
The flight schedule is as follows:

FI863 KEF1700 SFO1855
FI862 SFO1515 KEF0640


Told you so! ;)
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
IceAir778
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:28 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:
FI has announced its next newest destination - SFO. FI will operate its 767s four times per week. Start from 01JUN through October.
The flight schedule is as follows:

FI863 KEF1700 SFO1855
FI862 SFO1515 KEF0640


Told you so! ;)


Me?
I have been saying this past weeks :)....
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1957
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm

IceAir778 wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:
FI has announced its next newest destination - SFO. FI will operate its 767s four times per week. Start from 01JUN through October.
The flight schedule is as follows:

FI863 KEF1700 SFO1855
FI862 SFO1515 KEF0640


Told you so! ;)


Me?
I have been saying this past weeks :)....


No hahah, this was a general statement to those who were sceptical when I said the 767 that was freed up would be used on a longer route.

To tell you the truth, I knew of this route for a concrete fact for the last week but wasn't allowed to tell before the announcement. ;)
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2491
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 pm

I wonder who came up with the nickname "Charm City" for Baltimore. Seems like a huge misnomer.
 
User avatar
Blimpie
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 pm

chrisnh wrote:
lavalampluva wrote:
It's amazing how much service in/out of KEF has happened over the last couple years.


Is there a consensus one way or the other on whether KEF can handle all of this? I’m talking not about handling the planes, but rather the indoor infrastructure such as check-in, security, gates and seating areas, and restaurants. Will all this new service outpace the airport’s ability to handle it?


I remember flying BWI to GLA via KEF in the winter of 2000, and the airport was small. At the end of the terminal;, I could look out the small bubble dome window and watch guys in jump suits chase puffins off the ramp. Next to the window a sign saying new gates coming soon. 13 months later, I flew BWI to KEF just to visit Iceland and when I arrived those new gates were built and open and that end of the gate area where I watched those guys chasing the puffins was replaced by more gates, and there was room to expand.

PS: The microwavable 100% Icelandic horse meat cheeseburgers that were $8 at the time were better than expected
Now get the hell off of my lawn your dang kids!
 
axiom
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 am

SRQKEF wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:

Told you so! ;)


Me?
I have been saying this past weeks :)....


No hahah, this was a general statement to those who were sceptical when I said the 767 that was freed up would be used on a longer route.

To tell you the truth, I knew of this route for a concrete fact for the last week but wasn't allowed to tell before the announcement. ;)


So, is the wild expansion binge finished? ;-)
 
dcaviation
Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 am

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 am

arcticcruiser wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:
dcaviation wrote:

When you are freeing up a 767 by flying to a new airport very close to an airport where 767 has been operating to (IAD and BWI) then that is something. 767 flew daily to IAD as FI645 in S17.

The summer schedule for IAD is:
FI645 KEF1650 - 1910IAD 75T D
FI643 KEF1705 - 1925BWI 75W x346
FI649 KEF1705 - 1925IAD 75W D

From this IAD is NOT a constrained airport like LHR - there is a lot of slots available.
Whereas "75T" is 757-300 and FI649 is an extra flight operated by 75W, then they are adding more seats as well as the FI649 flight which is, I thing, is instead of FI647.
By adding another destination, BWI, close to the airport, which they already flies to, they are improving their service for their passengers.

Somewhere this aircraft needs to go. So where?


Icelandair was never daily at IAD. It was 4-5 times a week max, on the second evening flight.
Also, Icelandair never served BWI with 767.


Yes indeed! FI flew to IAD on a 767 in S17. FI started service to IAD in 2011 (if I remember correctly) 3-4 times per week soon it started a daily service there on a B75W. Just google it!
FI served BWI for ten years on B752.


Icelandair first started BWI in 1984(ish) with DC-8s.
Then probably out in 1988-1992. Pretty much since until around 2008[/quote]

What are you talking about? I'm not questioning if FI flew to BWI. I'm saying that they never flew to BWI on 767. Always 757. Not even 757-300. Maybe one off every few years. I even took FI BWI-KEF-FRA and back in 2004.

As for IAD. 767 was only 4 times a week. It wasn't daily in S17.
 
IceAir778
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 am

axiom wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:

Me?
I have been saying this past weeks :)....


No hahah, this was a general statement to those who were sceptical when I said the 767 that was freed up would be used on a longer route.

To tell you the truth, I knew of this route for a concrete fact for the last week but wasn't allowed to tell before the announcement. ;)


So, is the wild expansion binge finished? ;-)


I think so :)
 
shaneam12
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:00 am

Re: Icelandair goes back to Baltimore

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:24 am

dcaviation wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:
IceAir778 wrote:

Icelandair was never daily at IAD. It was 4-5 times a week max, on the second evening flight.
Also, Icelandair never served BWI with 767.

Yes indeed! FI flew to IAD on a 767 in S17. FI started service to IAD in 2011 (if I remember correctly) 3-4 times per week soon it started a daily service there on a B75W. Just google it!
FI served BWI for ten years on B752.


Icelandair first started BWI in 1984(ish) with DC-8s.
Then probably out in 1988-1992. Pretty much since until around 2008

What are you talking about? I'm not questioning if FI flew to BWI. I'm saying that they never flew to BWI on 767. Always 757. Not even 757-300. Maybe one off every few years. I even took FI BWI-KEF-FRA and back in 2004.

As for IAD. 767 was only 4 times a week. It wasn't daily in S17.


The 767 was daily. 1x 752, 1x 763 during S17.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos