727LOVER

Re: United Airlines Network Thread 2018

Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:05 pm

SRQ-IAH, please
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

gwrudolph

Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:25 pm

FlyHossD wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:
I think a fair amount of the near term orders are to upguage the RJs, particularly in the business markets. When they set down the 733s and had no narrowbodies on order, they had to move alot of mainline flying to RJs. Now they are pushing back in the other direction. I believe they will also use some to replace the oldest 752s and perhaps eventually some of the oldest 738s and 739s (toward the tail end of the order).

So, not all of it is for growth.

Over Christmas, I had a good chat with a former pilot colleague about UAL's plans and he referred to the A319s as the new UA RJ. When I asked for an explanation, he said that A319s seem to be flying to a lot of the smaller cities that were recently served by RJs and the new 737s were flying larger markets including hub-to-hub.

Makes sense. By the way, I didn’t mean to suggest the RJs would be directly replaced with a max but in general some of the maxes are being used toward rebuilding mainline. Could be, for example, that some RJ routes are replaced with 319s and 319 routes with 320s and 320s with 737s. The point I was making is a lot of those orders (max and 319s) are part of that overal effort to rebuild mainline

atcsundevil

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Please continue discussion in the new combined 2019 thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411803

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos