wedgetail737

Re: Alaska announces 8 destinations to be served from PAE

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:16 pm

I'm sure that if the service is successful two these cities, some will mostly become mainline.

452QX

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:26 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
I'm sure that if the service is successful two these cities, some will mostly become mainline.

Supposedly that's the new Horizon philosophy in the eyes of AAG, there will always be the normal feeder routes but the introduction of the E175 allows for QX (and OO) to open up new markets for Alaska down the line.

dc10lover

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 am

32andBelow wrote:
Is AS allowed to split 1 gate into 2 E175 ground loading positions?

They should allow 2 or 3 aircraft per gate. You will have to walk a little ways though. But to be as efficient as possible, they need to go all the way and use Boeing aircraft. Wouldn't the smaller E175 actually cost Alaska Airlines money when they can make more money using Boeing aircraft?
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

SANFan

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:28 am

ASFlyer wrote:
The internal announcement said that the flights would be operated by QX E-175's as long as they are able to continue hiring and retaining pilots to sustain the operation. It went on to say that they are currently on target to meet their hiring goals for 2018, so that's good.... Also, I believe QX is supposed to take delivery of a pretty healthy number of new E175's this year.

Ah, thank you 'Flyer. That makes me feel better!

I'm looking forward to this. It's not often that we see brand new service at a new airport, and this particular case involves one of my favorite cx, along with my fav airport!

bb

ER757

Re: Alaska to announce PAE destinations tomorrow

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 am

khinstorff wrote:
SANFan wrote:
The announcement is out: 8 cities served by 13 daily flights!

Wow, glad to see SNA made the cut. I’m surprised PHX is on the list.

I'd have ben a lot more surprised if PHX wasn't on the list. SEA/PHX is a very popular route. I've flown it dozens of times and can't remember last time the plane wasn't 100% full, so it only makes sense to put PAE/PHX on the map.

MSPNWA

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 am

My prediction is that PAE service will be very popular. The cat is out of the bag now. I know I'm excited to see the new destinations. I'd pay more to avoid SEA.

rbavfan

Re: Alaska to announce PAE destination tomorrow

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 am

Passedv1 wrote:
My predictions

PAE-PDX
PAE-SFO
PAE-OGG
PAE-CHS
PAE-EWR
PAE-LAX

CHS is not a surprise at all. It will be the Boeing express on a Boeing.

BoeingGuy

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 am

rbavfan wrote:
Passedv1 wrote:
My predictions

PAE-PDX
PAE-SFO
PAE-OGG
PAE-CHS
PAE-EWR
PAE-LAX

Sounds like you didn’t read previous posts on this topic. How many Boeing employees a day do you think fly between PAE and CHS? Two maybe.

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 am

What other airlines will be at PAE? Have they announced destinations?

I am not too familiar with the area, but looking at a map this does seem like it will be helpful to a lot of people north of Seattle? Could this hurt Bellingham at all since now there is a closer Seattle airport with probably lower fares?

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
What other airlines will be at PAE? Have they announced destinations?

I am not too familiar with the area, but looking at a map this does seem like it will be helpful to a lot of people north of Seattle? Could this hurt Bellingham at all since now there is a closer Seattle airport with probably lower fares?

My understanding is this fills up the available spots. United previously announced flights to Denver and San Francisco. I would expect this will pull some traffic from Bellingham, but Alaska isn't offering as good a schedule as they used to from Bellingham. In the past I believe they had flights to Las Vegas, Honolulu and Maui. They still have flights to Seattle on Horizon and also to Portland.

VCEflyboy

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 am

I don’t understand. We’ve been hearing ad nauseam how SEA is constrained. Couldn’t they use 737s for these routes?

jetmatt777

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:17 am

VCEflyboy wrote:
I don’t understand. We’ve been hearing ad nauseam how SEA is constrained. Couldn’t they use 737s for these routes?

E175 is good to test out this completely new market. I am sure once they see which flights or times require more lift they can add to it and mature the schedule.

I could see a morning flight to PDX eventually being on a 737 to capitalize on PDX's connecting opportunities and bring more butts into the network as a whole.

I wonder if the res system will offer double connections through SEA? PAE-PDX-SEA-OKC etc.

Wouldn't be ideal, but sometimes the res system can spit out strange things.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

Wingtips56

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 am

Was the question about ramp space answered? If this schedule requires serving two flights at a time out of one gate, is there room for two 737/320 on stands, or does the smaller footprint of the E175 make the dual ops possible, and therefore mandate it going forward for the foreseeable future?

I also don't really see this PAE service really intended to cut congestion at SEA, but rather open new revenue possibilities. Am I wrong?
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 180 airports, 90 airlines, 75 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,117,006 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

Oceanic

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 am

I would have thought a flight to Chicago right out of the gate (har har) would have been in the cards, given that there's a number of lucrative business customers literally feet away who would likely jump at the chance to walk across the parking lot to catch a flight to HQ after their 1 o'clock production status meeting.

Last edited by Oceanic on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

jetmatt777

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:25 am

Oceanic wrote:
I would have thought a flight to Chicago right out of the gate (har har) would have been in the cards, given that there's a number of lucrative business customers literally feet away who would likely jump at the chance to walk across the parking lot to catch a flight to HQ after their 1 o'clock production status meeting.

If you already have the Boeing contract (which I assume they do), why invest in a long route when you already have the business locked in? United isn't offering a PAE-ORD, so no real risk of losing Boeing flying, anyway.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

Oceanic

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:32 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
Oceanic wrote:

If you already have the Boeing contract (which I assume they do), why invest in a long route when you already have the business locked in? United isn't offering a PAE-ORD, so no real risk of losing Boeing flying, anyway.

I'm assuming that everyone will be paying a stiff premium for the convenience of flying from PAE as opposed to SEA. Nobody minds paying a premium for convenience quite like a business traveler with a corporate credit card.

BreezyIAH

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 am

Probably Horizon and ER7s?

wedgetail737

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:08 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
Oceanic wrote:

Isn't ORD kind of slot-restricted? AS would have to discontinue one flight from SEA, SFO, LAX or ANC to start PAE-ORD. It may happen someday. I think AS will offer PAE-HI someday as well.

Or PAE could be a total flop!

EA CO AS

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:29 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
PAE could be a total flop!

Not a chance; with a catchment area of over 1 million travelers, all eager to avoid I-5, and data showing these cities are the ones these folks overwhelmingly travel to, this is going to be a winner for AS.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Newbiepilot

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
rbavfan wrote:
Passedv1 wrote:
My predictions

PAE-PDX
PAE-SFO
PAE-OGG
PAE-CHS
PAE-EWR
PAE-LAX

Sounds like you didn’t read previous posts on this topic. How many Boeing employees a day do you think fly between PAE and CHS? Two maybe.

While some thought PAE to CHS might attract Boeing traffic, SEA-SNA probably has just as much of not more demand. Boeing has sites in Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Long Beach, etc. PAE-SNA can capture some of that traffic in addition to Disney crowds.

CowAnon

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:52 am

Will the new terminal at PAE have jetways?

Yes, glass jetways in fact.

https://www.heraldnet.com/business/earl ... -terminal/

CowAnon

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am

Regarding public transportation, there's a bus rapid transit line opening next year that will serve PAE every ten minutes between the Boeing plant and Bothell.

https://www.communitytransit.org/news/c ... e-stations

saab805

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks CowAnon for posting the link, just found the article myself. For those asking about parking spots vs gates, if you look at the photo of the ramp areas, there are multiple straight lead-in lines depicted, where the JB parking is diagonal. I would say depending on time of day, multiple E175s could be parked 3-4 across if needed. There are stairs and even a ramp depicted from the gate on the left so i would say ground boarding is in the plans.

wedgetail737

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Not a chance; with a catchment area of over 1 million travelers, all eager to avoid I-5, and data showing these cities are the ones these folks overwhelmingly travel to, this is going to be a winner for AS.

I do believe you and believe on what you AS and UA think of PAE...but other satellite airports have failed in other parts of the country like Mid-America near STL and Gary near ORD. I put that out there simply to see what you all think...that is all. I plan to fly on one of the inaugural flights out of PAE when it becomes available!

ucdtim17

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I do believe you and believe on what you AS and UA think of PAE...but other satellite airports have failed in other parts of the country like Mid-America near STL and Gary near ORD. I put that out there simply to see what you all think...that is all. I plan to fly on one of the inaugural flights out of PAE when it becomes available!

The trend the past ten years has been consolidation at central airports, not adding service at secondary airports so this goes against that. I'm sure it'll be successful now but let's check in after the next recession.

SANFan

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Did the airport (read: nimbys) put limits on the number of flights/seats or even equipment that can be offered out of PAE? Seems to me I remember such restrictions when this whole project was approved in the first place. That might put an end to these questions about how many EMJs/CRJs can be crammed into the 2 gates being constructed.

I assume there is no nighttime curfew at the airport?

We're at about 19 departures total right now and I wonder if that is self-imposed by the cx, the airport (nimbys), the FAA, or ? It's kind of a strange number to max things out.
Anyway, if the ~10 flights/gate/day are well spread out and start nice and early in the morning and go late into the night, it can certainly be done -- assuming one a/c per gate at a time -- especially if all planes used are well under 100 pax capacity. If and when either carrier starts using 150+ pax a/c, then things might not be quite so easy.

bb

Route66

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:32 pm

I would have been surprised to not see SJC, the traffic between Silicon Valley and Redmond/North Seattle is significant.
Last edited by Route66 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SANFan

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Route66 wrote:
I would have been surprised to not see SJC, the traffic between Silicon Valley and Redmond/North Seattle is significant.

There seemed little doubt from the beginning that all the CA hubs and focus cities -- SFO, SJC, LAX, SAN -- would be connected to PAE (plus PDX of course.) I'm surprised that so many posters early in this thread neglected that fact when listing their bets on which cities would see service from Everett. Those 5 cities make up the majority of the 8 total cities seeing service.

It was just really a matter of how many total flights AAG was going to offer out of PAE as to how many other cities would be included. Now we know.

bb

vadodara

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:09 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

With E-170 as the tool of choice; chip away at the edges of an otherwise very dominant WN position.

airzona11

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm

vadodara wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

With E-170 as the tool of choice; chip away at the edges of an otherwise very dominant WN position.

This a great example where the regional flying can be used strategically to open up the market. All are big O/D destinations from the metro area. The E-Jets are comfortable to fly on for 2+ hours.

nine4nine

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Wonder how these flights will be displayed on departure/arrival screens and gate marquis to avoid confusion between Seattle/Tacoma and Paine Field.

Maybe: Seattle/Everett-Paine Field?
717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 742 748 752 753 762 763 772 773 DC9 MD80/88/90 DC10 319 320 321 332 333 CS100 CRJ200 Q400 E175 E190 ERJ145 EMB120

jetmatt777

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:32 pm

nine4nine wrote:
Wonder how these flights will be displayed on departure/arrival screens and gate marquis to avoid confusion between Seattle/Tacoma and Paine Field.

Maybe: Seattle/Everett-Paine Field?

Probably just Everett/Paine, WA. The people who choose PAE over SEA likely know the difference, whereas SEA in the name will confuse people looking for Seattle/Tacoma.

iamlucky13

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
VCEflyboy wrote:

E175 is good to test out this completely new market. I am sure once they see which flights or times require more lift they can add to it and mature the schedule.

I suspect it is also good to use up available gate capacity in case any other competitors wanted to move in.

No doubt small initial test capacity, frequency, and keeping all flights on Horizon instead of splitting with Alaska mainline were the main factors, but I can't help but think Alaska gave the constraints this creates on competitive opportunities some thought, too.

iamlucky13

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:50 pm

flybynight wrote:
I wonder if installations of triple pane windows at some households in Mukilteo will occur. I know that happened at SEA a while back ( I believe related to the third runway).

Living nearby I am excited to potentially fly out of Paine Field. I hope the actual scheduled flights are convenient for business travel

For SEA, they added another runway that significantly changed the noise contours. The airport bought some of the homes and did noise mitigation on others as a condition of the runway's approval.

For PAE, at least for the number of flights their current environmental assessment covers (22 per day, if I remember right), there was no significant change in the noise contours, and when I checked, the distance to the nearest residential neighborhood at PAE is something like twice as far as at SEA.

I'm fairly certain the company I work at will use PAE. Among other things, we have a European office we can reach by connecting through some of these new destinations instead of through European hubs.

Adipasquale wrote:
SANFan wrote:
If UA sticks with 6 daily departures and AS remains at 13, that's real close to 10 departures per gate split among 2 cx which means real tight coordinated scheduling between the two cx. (It's hard enough for a single carrier, such as WN, to work 10 flights thru 1 gate but for 2 independent cx to manage it?...) I really wonder if the 2 cx will be able to stay with these numbers. Or perhaps the design of the airport terminal will be changed?

I'll readily admit I don't know much about PAE, but would boarding via hardstands be a viable option? That's what immediately came to my mind to alleviate so many departures from so few gates.

I think they'll max out what has been cleared through their environmental assessment before they need to expand beyond two gates.

Further expansion would need an updated environmental assessment. Once that's completed, hard stands might be an option while they expand the terminal. I think they designed it with some expansion in mind.

BoeingGuy wrote:
Remind me again please. Will PAE have free parking? Will it have paid parking?

There probably isn't much in the way of public transportation there. I live on the other side of the field from the terminal and not aware of much.

For shorter trips (e.g. four days to SJC), those of us who work at a large employer nearby can probably leave our cars across the street at a company building and walk over.

I don't think they've said anything about parking fees yet, but one of their construction permits shows something like 500 parking spots. If I had to guess, free at first, and then a fee as things ramp up.

Public transportation there is limited so far, but with 19 flights per day, assuming 75% load factor, that's an extra ~1000 people a day going each way, and not all of them are going to want to leave their car parked in Everett's industrial area (paid parking will likely be desired by passengers, if that's what it takes to get a secured lot).

frmrCapCadet

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Pressure and competition will be pushing Paine field to a lot more than 19 flights a day, and a lot sooner than many think.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

wedgetail737

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
Pressure and competition will be pushing Paine field to a lot more than 19 flights a day, and a lot sooner than many think.

I don't doubt that one bit, but there will be major push-back!

hiflyeras

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
.Or PAE could be a total flop!

AS management stated today that they increased their original plan of eight flights a day to thirteen as they're very bullish on PAE being a success. They also stated they are prepared to go mainline if and when loads warrant it.

BoeingGuy

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:19 am

hiflyeras wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

AS management stated today that they increased their original plan of eight flights a day to thirteen as they're very bullish on PAE being a success. They also stated they are prepared to go mainline if and when loads warrant it.

No way us it going to be a flop. I’ll be interested to see if the flight schedules are more conducive of business travel like morning departures, or vacation travel such as leaving after work.

I’ll be using PAE as much as I can.

32andBelow

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:28 am

airzona11 wrote:
vadodara wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

This a great example where the regional flying can be used strategically to open up the market. All are big O/D destinations from the metro area. The E-Jets are comfortable to fly on for 2+ hours.

The e175 is the most comfortable plane AS owns. Except they messed up big with the WiFi

wedgetail737

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
hiflyeras wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

No way us it going to be a flop. I’ll be interested to see if the flight schedules are more conducive of business travel like morning departures, or vacation travel such as leaving after work.

I’ll be using PAE as much as I can.

I hope you all are right!! And I think you all are. But I just added that comment to see what kind of response I get from the AS rank-n-file on this forum. I'll be on one of the inaugurals for sure!

smithbs

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:09 am

Can't wait to try PAE-LAS in a E175! I like the strategy of using the E175s to open a location and stick the toe in the water. If it works, then up-gauge to 737 as needed. I was half-expecting Q400s, but I can see why those would stick with feeding SEA.

I understand the resistance to commercial service at PAE from the neighborhoods, but still, every 747, 767 and 777 ever built was flown out of there. I don't think E175s will be noticed too much.

As for public transportation, I think the story will remain the same as it ever has in this region: dysfunctional. Road access to PAE isn't that bad - a short hop on a straight highway to I-5. One will have to time their drives to avoid the I-5 rush hours and the Boeing shift changes.

My plan is to use PAE as much as possible, although GEG will still be via SEA. Oh well...maybe later.

dampfnudel

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 am

Passedv1 wrote:
My predictions

PAE-PDX
PAE-SFO
PAE-OGG
PAE-CHS
PAE-EWR
PAE-LAX

PAE-EWR sounds like a long shot and if they do announce it, the most likely to be cut first.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

AA AI CO CL DE DL EA HA KL LH N7 PA PQ SK RO TW UA YR

BoeingGuy

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 am

smithbs wrote:
Can't wait to try PAE-LAS in a E175! I like the strategy of using the E175s to open a location and stick the toe in the water. If it works, then up-gauge to 737 as needed. I was half-expecting Q400s, but I can see why those would stick with feeding SEA.

I understand the resistance to commercial service at PAE from the neighborhoods, but still, every 747, 767 and 777 ever built was flown out of there. I don't think E175s will be noticed too much.

As for public transportation, I think the story will remain the same as it ever has in this region: dysfunctional. Road access to PAE isn't that bad - a short hop on a straight highway to I-5. One will have to time their drives to avoid the I-5 rush hours and the Boeing shift changes.

My plan is to use PAE as much as possible, although GEG will still be via SEA. Oh well...maybe later.

Obviously someone isn’t going to time their drive to miss I-5 traffic if that’s not when the flight leaves.

Boeing flights are almost always during the day, so not a problem. Sometimes I’ll hear takeoff power late at night, probably leaving a maintenance shop. That’s kind of annoying. I doubt AS will be flying late night red-eyes from PAE.

frmrCapCadet

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 am

I may be somewhat unique in that NIMBY-ISM doesn't bother me all that much, not that I agree with it. But Paine field as a recipient of the federal largesse and the presence of Boeing is going to develop. My own guess, posted in the past, is that Paine could have about 10% of the number of commercial flights as SeaTac, likely on an average smaller planes, and obviously not an international flight center (except for all those WBs they send off to the rest of the world - LOL)
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

QXAS

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:18 am

CowAnon wrote:
Will the new terminal at PAE have jetways?

Yes, glass jetways in fact.

https://www.heraldnet.com/business/earl ... -terminal/

I’m hoping this isn’t shut down due to insurance costs. I love glass jetways, that’d be enough to make me take the longer trip to PAE. I’m hoping to fly the PHX route next fall.
I am NOT an employee of any airline or manufacturer. I speak for myself, not on the behalf of any company.

dc10lover

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:13 am

hiflyeras wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Everyone knows this will be so successful that Alaska will be using Boeing 737's. And as I said, Alaska needs to be most efficient using this airport. And that means using 737's.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

77H

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:
Oceanic wrote:

Isn't ORD kind of slot-restricted? AS would have to discontinue one flight from SEA, SFO, LAX or ANC to start PAE-ORD. It may happen someday. I think AS will offer PAE-HI someday as well.

Or PAE could be a total flop!

ORD is gate limited but there are no slots at ORD. Very few US airports have slots.

77H

spiah

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 am

So excited for this! It's been a long time coming. They all seem like great destinations. Admittedly a little surprised by Phoenix and SNA, but they obviously know the market. I'll definitely get on an inaugural/early flight if I can... Vegas maybe?! :P

BWIAirport

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Reading the articles there seems to be a lot of conversation about noise levels in the area. Why is this a problem, with bigger, louder 777s, 747s, and 787s flying in and out all day?
Next flight: August 1: WN2002 BWI-MSY B737
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

iamlucky13

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:42 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
Reading the articles there seems to be a lot of conversation about noise levels in the area. Why is this a problem, with bigger, louder 777s, 747s, and 787s flying in and out all day?

It's not, as the environmental assessment indicated. There will be a slight increase in the average noise, but not the peak noise levels, due to having a slight increase in the number of flights. The day-night average noise footprint will grow slightly, but the significant noise impact level footprint will not cover any residential area. There are also (currently voluntary, if I remember right) time limits on commercial flight operations that don't apply to the existing users of the airport.

But the perception of many in the area is that the noise level will be radically different, and that Paine Field will somehow become a 40 million passenger per year airport like SeaTac.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos