BWIAirport

Re: Alaska announces 8 destinations to be served from PAE

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
Reading the articles there seems to be a lot of conversation about noise levels in the area. Why is this a problem, with bigger, louder 777s, 747s, and 787s flying in and out all day?

It's not, as the environmental assessment indicated. There will be a slight increase in the average noise, but not the peak noise levels, due to having a slight increase in the number of flights. The day-night average noise footprint will grow slightly, but the significant noise impact level footprint will not cover any residential area. There are also (currently voluntary, if I remember right) time limits on commercial flight operations that don't apply to the existing users of the airport.

But the perception of many in the area is that the noise level will be radically different, and that Paine Field will somehow become a 40 million passenger per year airport like SeaTac.

So the noise concerns are essentially fearmongering by the public?
Next flight: August 1: WN2002 BWI-MSY B737
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

BoeingGuy

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
Reading the articles there seems to be a lot of conversation about noise levels in the area. Why is this a problem, with bigger, louder 777s, 747s, and 787s flying in and out all day?

It's not, as the environmental assessment indicated. There will be a slight increase in the average noise, but not the peak noise levels, due to having a slight increase in the number of flights. The day-night average noise footprint will grow slightly, but the significant noise impact level footprint will not cover any residential area. There are also (currently voluntary, if I remember right) time limits on commercial flight operations that don't apply to the existing users of the airport.

But the perception of many in the area is that the noise level will be radically different, and that Paine Field will somehow become a 40 million passenger per year airport like SeaTac.

I live in Mukilteo, close enough to hear flights at PAE. I can deal with daytime flights. What I find annoying is the frequent midnight time frame takeoffs, or landings with full reverse. I'm assuming these are maintenance flights. Boeing test flights will almost for sure be during the day.

I'll have to wait to see the AS schedule, but I'm guessing they will be daytime flights.

BWIAirport

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
iamlucky13 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:

I live in Mukilteo, close enough to hear flights at PAE. I can deal with daytime flights. What I find annoying is the frequent midnight time frame takeoffs, or landings with full reverse. I'm assuming these are maintenance flights. Boeing test flights will almost for sure be during the day.

I'll have to wait to see the AS schedule, but I'm guessing they will be daytime flights.

I read the terminal will operate from 6am-9pm, so I think you're in luck.
Next flight: August 1: WN2002 BWI-MSY B737
SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

wedgetail737

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:57 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
iamlucky13 wrote:

Those late night flights are probably the Dreamlifter operating out of PAE. There are probably some test flights at night.

iamlucky13

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

Those late night flights are probably the Dreamlifter operating out of PAE. There are probably some test flights at night.

I've seen both the Dreamlifters and the An-124's come in at night. I'm not sure about test or delivery flights - I think they do most of them during the day, but if something slips behind schedule, I'd think they would do so if necessary to uphold their contracts.

The An-124's are loud. I've woken up to them at my house, miles from the airport when they're several thousand feet up, and looked out the window to see what could possibly be making that much noise, since the tone is clearly different from the Growlers that sometimes visit from Whidbey NAS.

KD5MDK

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:43 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
Oceanic wrote:
I would have thought a flight to Chicago right out of the gate (har har) would have been in the cards, given that there's a number of lucrative business customers literally feet away who would likely jump at the chance to walk across the parking lot to catch a flight to HQ after their 1 o'clock production status meeting.

If you already have the Boeing contract (which I assume they do), why invest in a long route when you already have the business locked in? United isn't offering a PAE-ORD, so no real risk of losing Boeing flying, anyway.

What Boeing contract? My understanding is that Boeing employees fly on all airlines, because they're all customers. You're not going to favor one customer over another exclusively.

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

It will be interesting to see if WN choses to compete head to head with UA to Denver and/or AS on some of their choices (I.e. Las Vegas.)

n7371f

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am

OAK & LAS are WN guarantees. And I would think a DEN & PHX flight are in store.

FlatBedService

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:30 am

Will AS/QX open a PAE crew base for this new flying?

gunsontheroof

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:25 am

FlatBedService wrote:

Unlikely. Aside from the fact that the mothership at SEA is right down the road, it's not going to be a large enough station to support a base.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

wnflyguy

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:29 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
FlatBedService wrote:

Unlikely. Aside from the fact that the mothership at SEA is right down the road, it's not going to be a large enough station to support a base.

This will all be Skywest crews since it's all E175 flying.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

hiflyeras

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:57 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Flyguy

AAG has SPECIFICALLY said that the PAE flying will be done by QX crew on QX E175's.

http://www.heraldnet.com/business/vegas ... ine-field/

dc10lover

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 pm

n7371f wrote:
OAK & LAS are WN guarantees. And I would think a DEN & PHX flight are in store.

Possibly one flight to each city. As for Alaska and United, I still think demand will be so great that they will have to use mainline jets and not Embraer 175's.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

wedgetail737

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:00 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Flyguy

AAG has SPECIFICALLY said that the PAE flying will be done by QX crew on QX E175's.

Yes...that is true today. But if the demand is greater, AAG will change their position and strategy. The E-175 is a good airplane to start and test the market. But once the tickets go on sale, we'll definitely see how the demand will pan out.

FlatBedService

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:53 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
FlatBedService wrote:

So will they be tags on existing trips that start at SEA, like SEA-SJC-PAE-SJC-SEA, or will they ask crews to make the drive up to PAE to originate the trip there? I could imagine commuters to SEA from places like GEG not being happy about that scenario.

hiflyeras

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:53 pm

FlatBedService wrote:
So will they be tags on existing trips that start at SEA, like SEA-SJC-PAE-SJC-SEA, or will they ask crews to make the drive up to PAE to originate the trip there? I could imagine commuters to SEA from places like GEG not being happy about that scenario.

Plenty of SEA area crew live north of the city and would likely LOVE to check in for their trip at PAE. That said, it'd be easy to hop up to PAE from SEA in the early morning for the first departure but with gate and ramp space so tight at SEA I imagine they're planning on at least a couple of RON's at PAE.

737max8

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:56 pm

frmrCapCadet wrote:
Pressure and competition will be pushing Paine field to a lot more than 19 flights a day, and a lot sooner than many think.

That didn't take long.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388

wnflyguy

Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Flyguy

Thanks for the update. I thought all E175 flying was Skywest/Alaska crews.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos