Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sccutler

Re: Passenger barred from boarding two flights in two days after wearing all his clothes to avoid excess baggage fee..

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:17 pm

No one, in the exercise of honest discretion, can believe this guy was dealing in good faith. He wasn't denied boarding because he had on too many clothes, he was denied boarding for abusive behavior.

But the clothes gave good cause for denial - there's no way a person wearing all that could be reasonably mobile in the event of an evacuation. He is a hazard to himself and other passengers, and his condition is elective.

No sympathy. Why didn't he just pay to check his bag?
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

SheikhDjibouti

Re: Passenger barred from boarding two flights in two days after wearing all his clothes to avoid excess baggage fee..

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm

720B wrote:
Acute case of cheapness............................

Actually, he's not so cute at all.....

his biography wrote:
In 2016, punk artist Ryan Hawaii moved out of his home and found himself couchsurfing. While this could have been a reflection of the rebellious spirit he became known for in 2015, when he was kicked out of Selfridges for holding a “flash sale” of his own clothing, in reality it pointed to something more ominous.

“I don’t regret it, I learned a lot about who actually gives a shit,” says Hawaii, a prodigal polymath who feels that his generation are “finding themselves younger” thanks to the internet. “But let me just be real, innit. I didn’t know at the time, but I was in what’s called a ‘bipolar manic state’.”

Now back living with his family, he’s continuing to do what he does best – create youth-driven, punky artwork and clothing, often out of recycled goods. “I’ve never felt no type of way about wearing something that’s second-hand,” he says – and he doesn’t expect his buyers to, either.

Although naturally anti-consumerist, Hawaii understands the importance of working with brands, explaining a tentative plan to go to Cuba (he has Cuban-Jamaican heritage) with the support of companies he’s friendly with. “It works out to buy a pair of Converse (in Cuba) is the equivalent to one month’s wage… If I’m just sat in my cave saying ‘fuck everyone’, how will I be able to change anything?”

http://www.dazeddigital.com/projects/ar ... 00-profile

It looks like this was an accident waiting to happen... :lol:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

NichCage

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 am

What airlines don't charge baggage fee's?

Otherwise, baggage fee's are still pretty stupid regardless. He was simply doing something to avoid paying them. I believe Air Canada charges $25 a bag, meaning $50 for two for one way. Both ways it adds up to $100. Pretty expensive waste of money when you have no choice but to take baggage sometimes.

grbauc

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:23 am

32andBelow wrote:
alan3 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
Good for the pax.

For what part?

Trying to board with an oversized bag? Or causing a disruption? Or for wearing 8 pants and 10 shirts? Or going straight to the racial profiling card? Or for changing his name to Mr Hawaii?

Flying is already far cheaper than it has been in aviation history, you really want to encourage a Mob Rule protest strategy for every flight for every nutbar like this?

Nor rule saying you cant wear multiple sets of clothes. Your logic is like saying if you showed up with a 52 and a 48 the airline shouldnlt let you make the bags 50/50

No but We don't know why he denied.

twaconnie

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:19 am

There was a TV show a while back called "People are funny". This guy could have had top prize.

aeromoe

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:23 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:

Meanwhile, you'll find this hard to believe, but I'm an American Football Quarterback...

Working my way down the centre aisle...

I presume this is probably a joke...about being an American Football Quarterback. The vast majority of Americans do not spell center as "centre."

Just sayin.'

If you are an American Football Quarterback then I stand corrected about the joke, but I stand by my statement about center.
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

SheikhDjibouti

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:00 pm

aeromoe wrote:
SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Meanwhile, you'll find this hard to believe, but I'm an American Football Quarterback...

Working my way down the centre aisle...

I presume this is probably a joke...about being an American Football Quarterback. The vast majority of Americans do not spell center as "centre."

Just sayin.'

If you are an American Football Quarterback then I stand corrected about the joke, but I stand by my statement about center.

No, you are absolutely right; I was borrowing a friends laptop and his machine seems to be configured for English-English and I didn't notice where it had auto-corrected incorrectly.
:crossfingers:

But then you could also have picked me up on use of the "Clapham omnibus"

Or indeed who ever says in full "American Football Quarterback"? What other kind of Quarterback is there? Or should I say QB?

So maybe it was a load of old tosh.....

You got me. Well spotted! :bigthumbsup:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos