What sales campaigns are underway?
I know about:
Spirit
US
Kenya

And others?
Flying around the world is neat. What I haven't seen is announcements

Binter Canaries would be a start.

Besides the "known" sales campaigns, there seem to be the unspoken sales campaigns which seem to bear some fruits:

https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug ... -to-24-e2s

So Helvetic Airways signed up a LOI. Good news. Now to convert it to an order. :hyper:

I'm sure there are others in work...

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Re: Embraer E2 Flight Testing And Production Thread - 2018

Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:37 pm

lightsaber wrote:
I know about:
Spirit
US
Kenya

And others?

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... as-451377/

"Embraer has highlighted Alaska Airlines, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines as US carriers that would most benefit from operating the Brazilian company's new-generation E-Jet E2 family."

Excerpts:

"In laying out specific reasons why Alaska, Spirit and United would be smart to acquire E2s, Souza stresses that the E2 line's low trip cost can enable Alaska, Spirit and United to successfully expand into smaller, yet undeveloped markets. He also says E2s are ideal replacements for Boeing 737-700s and Airbus A319s."

Embraer's E190-E2 demo aircraft, decked in the company's "Profit Hunter shark livery", at Fort Lauderdale on 22 August.

lightsaber

Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:04 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
I know about:
Spirit
US
Kenya

And others?

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... as-451377/

"Embraer has highlighted Alaska Airlines, Spirit Airlines and United Airlines as US carriers that would most benefit from operating the Brazilian company's new-generation E-Jet E2 family."

Excerpts:

"In laying out specific reasons why Alaska, Spirit and United would be smart to acquire E2s, Souza stresses that the E2 line's low trip cost can enable Alaska, Spirit and United to successfully expand into smaller, yet undeveloped markets. He also says E2s are ideal replacements for Boeing 737-700s and Airbus A319s."

Embraer's E190-E2 demo aircraft, decked in the company's "Profit Hunter shark livery", at Fort Lauderdale on 22 August.

If AS went with a smaller plane, I can see the E2. In particular after the Boeing tie up (but only after).

UA and NK will be tough competitions. They should buy smaller planes in my opinion, but it will be a competition with the A220. I wish Embraer luck.

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.

iceberg210

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Alaska just makes too much sense. You've got the 175E1's, and while I SWORE I read somewhere (although manic searching through the forum hasn't found anything, though whether that's my memory or the search function having issues I don't know) they could swap orders for the E2 (which Alaska could actually do because if I remember right their scope would allow it), and also if you wanted another plane to fit in under the 737 you'd have the option of the 190 or 195 E2.

This conversion aspect wouldn't be unheard of, Republic apparently got in on their last order
Embraer chief commercial officer Arjan Meijer says the airline has the ability to convert the aircraft to the E175-E2 if major US airlines attain scope clause relief in their pilot contracts.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 18-450277/

There's part of me that especially wonders given that we saw that Embraer is pushing ahead with 175E2 production (the recent stabilizer photos) that thinks there might be a good chance that they have someone in mind for the 175E2 that has given them more than just interest in putting it on the production line. Time will tell but if you're Alaska the idea especially of maybe phasing out the Q400's for E2's (which should have closed the efficiency gap with the turboprops even more) may look increasing interesting.

I don't recall there being a timetable suggested for any possible Alaska, order and am I remembering correct that we'll be waiting till 2019 to know on Spirit and United most likely?
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity

lightsaber

Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:44 pm

iceberg210 wrote:
Alaska just makes too much sense. You've got the 175E1's, and while I SWORE I read somewhere (although manic searching through the forum hasn't found anything, though whether that's my memory or the search function having issues I don't know) they could swap orders for the E2 (which Alaska could actually do because if I remember right their scope would allow it), and also if you wanted another plane to fit in under the 737 you'd have the option of the 190 or 195 E2.

This conversion aspect wouldn't be unheard of, Republic apparently got in on their last order
Embraer chief commercial officer Arjan Meijer says the airline has the ability to convert the aircraft to the E175-E2 if major US airlines attain scope clause relief in their pilot contracts.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 18-450277/

There's part of me that especially wonders given that we saw that Embraer is pushing ahead with 175E2 production (the recent stabilizer photos) that thinks there might be a good chance that they have someone in mind for the 175E2 that has given them more than just interest in putting it on the production line. Time will tell but if you're Alaska the idea especially of maybe phasing out the Q400's for E2's (which should have closed the efficiency gap with the turboprops even more) may look increasing interesting.

I don't recall there being a timetable suggested for any possible Alaska, order and am I remembering correct that we'll be waiting till 2019 to know on Spirit and United most likely?

Does AS scope allow the E2-175?

Lightsaber

452QX

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:25 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

"Yes," although Horizon is limited to 76 seats

The AS and QX folks at the E2 demo tour here seemed to be big fans of the jet

User001

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:40 pm

The demonstrator is coming to MAN on 24th Sept for 2 nights, but I’m not sure who it’s coming for. BA Cityflyer are the only airline HQ’ed in the Manchester area that could realistically look at the aircraft, but as said I’ve had no intel as to who it’s in for so that’s just speculation.

lightsaber

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:50 pm

452QX wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

It is a fine aircraft at 76 seats, but it must fly above 86,000lb MTOW. Ohhh.... With that information, I think we could be looking at AS as the E2-175 launch opperator! Winderoe will try IMHO. Yes, I speculate they will order the E2-175.

Lightsaber

452QX

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:23 pm

lightsaber wrote:
452QX wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

It is a fine aircraft at 76 seats, but it must fly above 86,000lb MTOW. Ohhh.... With that information, I think we could be looking at AS as the E2-175 launch opperator! Winderoe will try IMHO. Yes, I speculate they will order the E2-175.

Lightsaber

The idea behind it would be converting QX's options from E1 to E2, but the current 175s have been more than a solid fit for us as is

lightsaber

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:54 pm

452QX wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
452QX wrote:

Lightsaber

The idea behind it would be converting QX's options from E1 to E2, but the current 175s have been more than a solid fit for us as is

The E2s have better economics and more room...

It could work!

Someone83

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:32 am

lightsaber wrote:
. Ohhh.... With that information, I think we could be looking at AS as the E2-175 launch opperator! Winderoe will try IMHO. Yes, I speculate they will order the E2-175.

Lightsaber

Widerøe’s CEO has publicly said the E2-175 is a very interesting aircraft for Widerøe and I also expect they will use some of their 12 options on the ‘75

iceberg210

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:22 pm

452QX wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
452QX wrote:

Lightsaber

All but three at most of the current order of E1's for QX would be delivered by the time the 175E2 could start delivering, so it could be a conversion of options, or an add on.

I think there's a very interesting similarity between both Wideroe and Horizon that might explain why they're looking at the 175E2, and it's the Q400. While the 190E2 is 17.3% more efficient than the E1 version, Embraer has only stated the 175E2 is 'double digit' improvement over the E1. So let's assume 10-12% (smaller aircraft, smaller diameter engines, probably less efficiency gain). That combined with what is sounding like incredible reliability and huge reduction in maintenance costs might make the E2 more cost effective than the Q400 on just about any route either airline would fly. Especially Alaska might see it as an ace up their sleeve in terms of making Horizon's cost structure better, and it would at least for the time being give them a cost advantage for regional flying over everyone else in the US. I'd love to hear what you think lightsaber one could do in terms of fleet, would Alaska be able to do the same amount of flying with less aircraft by moving to the E2 from the E1 or Q400 or are the gains possible with the E2 in terms of utilization significant but that great enough to reduce fleet? Heck in the perfect world if you're Alaska you sell the E1's to Skywest and bring in all E2's in the long run.

The 175E2 has always seemed like an ace up the sleeve for Embraer if they can only get the dam to break (which is a very difficult task). A Wideroe order would put a small hole in it, but an Alaska order could put a crack big enough to break it in it, if it forced the other airlines to find a way to fly the E2 to compete. I'm not sure it would do it, as while Alaska is sizable, the advantage might not be enough to force others to get relaxed scope or else, but having said that I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity

lightsaber

Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:19 pm

iceberg210 wrote:
452QX wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

All but three at most of the current order of E1's for QX would be delivered by the time the 175E2 could start delivering, so it could be a conversion of options, or an add on.

I think there's a very interesting similarity between both Wideroe and Horizon that might explain why they're looking at the 175E2, and it's the Q400. While the 190E2 is 17.3% more efficient than the E1 version, Embraer has only stated the 175E2 is 'double digit' improvement over the E1. So let's assume 10-12% (smaller aircraft, smaller diameter engines, probably less efficiency gain). That combined with what is sounding like incredible reliability and huge reduction in maintenance costs might make the E2 more cost effective than the Q400 on just about any route either airline would fly. Especially Alaska might see it as an ace up their sleeve in terms of making Horizon's cost structure better, and it would at least for the time being give them a cost advantage for regional flying over everyone else in the US. I'd love to hear what you think lightsaber one could do in terms of fleet, would Alaska be able to do the same amount of flying with less aircraft by moving to the E2 from the E1 or Q400 or are the gains possible with the E2 in terms of utilization significant but that great enough to reduce fleet? Heck in the perfect world if you're Alaska you sell the E1's to Skywest and bring in all E2's in the long run.

The 175E2 has always seemed like an ace up the sleeve for Embraer if they can only get the dam to break (which is a very difficult task). A Wideroe order would put a small hole in it, but an Alaska order could put a crack big enough to break it in it, if it forced the other airlines to find a way to fly the E2 to compete. I'm not sure it would do it, as while Alaska is sizable, the advantage might not be enough to force others to get relaxed scope or else, but having said that I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Oh the irony, Bombardier Q400s replaced by E2-175s...

Right now, the E2-175 needs any opperator who is allowed to fly it be the launch order. If that happens, there is a slightly greater chance of scope clause change. DALPA is negotiating. They determine the fate of the E2 and MRJ IMHO.

Lightsaber

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Source:http://atwonline.com/manufacturers/embraer-e190-e2-begins-european-demonstration-tour

After visiting SEA, DFW and DAL, and now LIS, WAW, ARN, HEL, MSQ and MOW (DME):

Embraer E190 E2 begins European demonstration tour

Excerpts:

"Embraer’s E190 E2 regional jet has begun a demonstration tour of Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The 15-nation trip will extend through September and follows similar tours of the US and Africa."

"The first stop on the European tour is in Warsaw, Poland. “With over 45 customers and over 350 aircraft in region, we are already seeing many of these customers interested in this world-beating aircraft,” Embraer Commercial Aviation’s VP-Europe, Russia, Central Asia & Leasing Martyn Holmes said."

"The global launch customer for the E2 range of aircraft was Norway’s Widerøe, which took delivery of its first example in April and now has three in service. Embraer says the three aircraft have so far clocked up close to 2,000 hours in service and have demonstrated more than 99% schedule reliability."

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Source: EMBRAER

E-Jets-E2 "Profit Hunters" Family:

BonaireFly

Embraer-E2 Deliveries in 2018.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 pm

I did a few Google searches but couldn't find anything other than the fact that Embraer estimates that they will deliver up to 10 Embraer E2's this year. However with three months left this year and only Wideroe has received three E190-E2's so far. Is there any info on who will receive the E190-E2 this year?

lightsaber

Re: Embraer-E2 Deliveries in 2018.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 pm

I second the question. When is the next E2 delivery? I'd love to see a schedule.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Next to follow in few weeks:

- Air Astana
- Tianjin

Someone83

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:18 am

The first to Astana (on lease from AerCap) has had its first flight

https://mobile.twitter.com/AerCapNV/sta ... 3334674434

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:52 pm

EMBRAER E190E2: EMBRAER STORIES EPISODE 1

Source: Embraer
Published on Aug 7, 2018

Norway is not only home to incredible landscapes and cuisines, it’s also where the #Embraer #E190E2 had its first commercial flight with Wideroe. In episode one of Incredible Journeys, we bring you to Norway to witness this special day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yEGpzqwfWM

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 pm

EMBRAER E190E2: EMBRAER STORIES EPISODE 2

Published on Sep 20, 2018

In this episode Arthur enters the world of the shark, the inspiration for Embraer’s new #E190E2 #ProfitHunter aircraft. Next stop, London City Airport, where he comes face-to-face with the E2 on its first visit, before heading to Hampshire for the Farnborough International Airshow. Arthur’s journey ends, high above the River Thames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wy-MjN36s

Someone83

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:59 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
EMBRAER E190E2: EMBRAER STORIES EPISODE 1

Published on Aug 7, 2018

Norway is not only home to incredible landscapes and cuisines, it’s also where the #Embraer #E190E2 had its first commercial flight with Wideroe. In episode one of Incredible Journeys, we bring you to Norway to witness this special day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yEGpzqwfWM

He He I got my 10 seconds of fame in that video ;)

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Now is official:

Source: https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug ... 90-e2-jets

"Helvetic Airways Firms Up Order for 12 E190-E2 jets"

Excerpts:

Zurich, Swiss, September 26th, 2018 –
"Embraer and Helvetic Airways have signed a contract for a firm order of 12 E190-E2 jets.
This agreement was announced as a Letter of Intent (LoI) at the recent Farnborough Air Show, in July.
The firm order has a value of USD 730 million, based on current list prices, and will be included in Embraer’s 2018 third-quarter backlog.
The contract also includes purchase rights for a further 12 E190-E2, with conversion rights to the E195-E2, bringing the total potential
order up to 24 E-Jets E2s.
With all the purchase rights being exercised, the deal has a list price of USD 1.5 billion."
Last edited by EMBSPBR on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lightsaber

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:30 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Next to follow in few weeks:

- Air Astana
- Tianjin

Thank you. For deliveries, this thread has been quiet.

Do you happen to know Winderoe late summer utilization?

Lightsaber

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:19 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Do you happen to know Wideroe late summer utilization?
Lightsaber

Source: https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/helveti ... -e190-e2s/

Excerpt:

"Currently, the E190-E2 is in commercial operation with Widerøe. The carrier took delivery of the first variant in April 2018.

The Norwegian carrier is operating three E2s, accumulating close to 2,000 flight hours. According to Embraer, the plane’s dispatch reliability is at 99%."
Last edited by EMBSPBR on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:24 pm

Source: https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/helveti ... -e190-e2s/

Excerpts:

THE E2 TOURING EUROPE

"The European tour that Embraer has taken so far started in Manchester and Amsterdam, visiting both BA Cityflyer and KLM. In addition, the plane will operate demonstration flights in 12 more countries in the region."

“The E190-E2 started revenue flights in Europe earlier in the year, and following a successful appearance at the Farnborough Airshow, we are proud to show off our new aircraft to operators across the region,” said Martyn Holmes, VP Europe, Russia, Central Asia & Leasing, for Embraer Commercial Aviation.

“With over 45 customers and over 350 aircraft in the region, we are already seeing many of these customers interested in the world-beating aircraft.”

There are rumors tying both KLM and BA Cityflyer to potential orders for the E2 variant, especially now that the manufacturer has taken the plane to visit them at their operating bases.

“We are eager to present the E190-E2 to the airlines, many of which are already E-Jets operators,” added Holmes.

gatibosgru

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:39 am

Can't wait to get some fly an E2!
@DadCelo

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Source:https://es.avionrevue.com/aerolineas/binter-canarias-operador-de-embraer-e2/

Excerpts (translated from spanish source):

Binter Canarias next operator of Embraer E2

"From Avion Revue we can confirm, according to our own sources, that Binter Canarias will be the new Spanish operator of E2.

Announced as a client not disclosed by Embraer in the letter of intent announced at the last Farnborough Air Show, the order consists of five E195-E2, three of them in firm and two in option to purchase.

On October 10, during the celebration of ERA 2018, Embraer confirmed that the LoI (letter of intent) was transformed into a firm order, with delivery date of the first copy in 2019, again maintaining the client's anonymity."

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 am

E195-E2´s VMU and water spray tests.
The certification tests for this model are nearing to its final.
First operator for this model in 2019 will be Azul Linhas Aéreas.

Water spray tests video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWIFyH6 ... e=youtu.be

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/embraer ... SE6N1WO018

Brazil planemaker Embraer to sell E-Jets to Spain's Binter Canarias

Excerpts:

"Embraer SA will deliver Spanish airline Binter Canarias its first E195-E2 jet in the second half of 2019, the Brazilian planemaker said in a statement on Tuesday."

"The order was first made public in July, with the counterparty being identified at the time as an “unidentified client,” Embraer said. The jet is part of a contract for three planes, with the option of an additional two, with an overall list price of $342 million.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Source: http://atwonline.com/leasing/swiss-wet- ... s-e190-e2s

SWISS to wet lease Helvetic Airways E190-E2s

Excerpts:

"Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) will wet lease up to eight Embraer E190-E2s from regional carrier Helvetic Airways in an expansion of the airlines’ partnership."

"Helvetic plans to begin replacing the company’s fleet of seven E190s and five Fokker 100s next year with E190-E2s. The carrier and Embraer firmed a letter of intent in September for 12 E190-E2s, valued at $730 million at list prices, with options for an additional 12 aircraft and conversion rights for the E195-E2."

lightsaber

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:15 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:

Excerpts:

"Swiss International Air Lines (SWISS) will wet lease up to eight Embraer E190-E2s from regional carrier Helvetic Airways in an expansion of the airlines’ partnership."

"Helvetic plans to begin replacing the company’s fleet of seven E190s and five Fokker 100s next year with E190-E2s. The carrier and Embraer firmed a letter of intent in September for 12 E190-E2s, valued at $730 million at list prices, with options for an additional 12 aircraft and conversion rights for the E195-E2."

This is fascinating. Swiss will obviously benchmark against the cs100 A220-100. This could help the E2 if LH group orders the E2 directly.

Lightsaber

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-roya ... SKCN1NB2LI

Royal Jordanian CEO says manufacturers in 'head-to-head race' for new jet order

Excerpts:

"Royal Jordanian RJAL.AM expects to decide in the first quarter next year on an order for over 20 narrow-body aircraft, the Middle East airline’s chief executive said on Tuesday.

The Amman-based carrier is in talks with Airbus (AIR.PA), Boeing (BA.N), and Embraer (EMBR3.SA) for an order of 23 jets to replace and expand its fleet of 19 Airbus A320 family aircraft and Embraer 195 and 175s.

“I think right now it’s a head to head race ... and the best offer will win,” Chief Executive Stefan Pichler told Reuters in an interview in Cairo."

According to "airfleets.net", The Royal Jordanian Airlines operates 2 E195 and 3 E175.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:26 pm

lightsaber wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:

Excerpts:

This is fascinating. Swiss will obviously benchmark against the cs100 A220-100. This could help the E2 if LH group orders the E2 directly.

Lightsaber

We hope so !!!!

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 am

Source: http://aviationweek.com/laureates

"Winners Announced for Aviation Week's Annual Laureate Awards"

Excerpts:

"Aviation Week & Space Technology announces the winners for the Aviation Week Network’s 62nd Annual Laureate Awards, honoring extraordinary achievements in the global aerospace arena."

"The winners of the 2019 Laureate Awards will be honored on March 14, 2019 at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC. At that time a Grand Laureate in each of the four categories will be named from among the winners."

"Category Platform: Embraer E-Jet E2

Though it looks similar to Embraer’s original E-Jet series, the manufacturer’s E2 airliner family is substantially a new design, with major advances in aerodynamics, propulsion, avionics, flight controls and cabin defining a new benchmark for crossover jets."

LegoAir

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Aero Mongolia to receive one Embraer E190-E2 in 3Q2019

https://centreforaviation.com/news/aero ... 019-861161

I could not read the article because I am not a CAPA member. If true, another customer for E2 family. Aero Mongolia already operates an ERJ-145.

Lego

freson

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:10 pm

LegoAir wrote:

I could not read the article because I am not a CAPA member. If true, another customer for E2 family. Aero Mongolia already operates an ERJ-145.

Lego

They have a post about the E190-E2 on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/AEROMONGOLIAAI ... 3562739882

fpetrutiu

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:21 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
iceberg210 wrote:

E195E2
Undisclosed 10
I'm very curious who the 10 E195E2's are for

My bet is for a European operator who already owns either the E190-E1 or the E195-E1 model in their fleet.

My list of possible candidates would be:
- Air Dolomiti;
- Air Europa Express;
- Austrian;
- Flybe;
- Helvetic;
- HOP;
- LOT;
- TAP Express.

I have seen TAROM (RO) CEO quoted that they are on the market for 13 EMB190's. Not sure if these are E2's or not, but if they do order direct (they just ordered 737M8's) some E2's might be in the mix.
Florin
Orlando, FL

lightsaber

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:37 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-roya ... SKCN1NB2LI

Royal Jordanian CEO says manufacturers in 'head-to-head race' for new jet order

Excerpts:

"Royal Jordanian RJAL.AM expects to decide in the first quarter next year on an order for over 20 narrow-body aircraft, the Middle East airline’s chief executive said on Tuesday.

The Amman-based carrier is in talks with Airbus (AIR.PA), Boeing (BA.N), and Embraer (EMBR3.SA) for an order of 23 jets to replace and expand its fleet of 19 Airbus A320 family aircraft and Embraer 195 and 175s.

“I think right now it’s a head to head race ... and the best offer will win,” Chief Executive Stefan Pichler told Reuters in an interview in Cairo."

According to "airfleets.net", The Royal Jordanian Airlines operates 2 E195 and 3 E175.

A three way competition... fascinating:
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... on-to-2019

iceberg210

Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:37 pm

LegoAir wrote:

Lego

Wonder if that's replacing their SSJ LOI from earlier this year.
https://www.ruaviation.com/news/2018/4/28/11311/?h

If so great to hear every last E2 sale helps!
Erik Berg
Defying Gravity

BA

Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:17 pm

The "Profit Hunter" is in Beirut right now, and it's expected that MEA is about to place an order.

"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

PlanesNTrains

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:30 pm

I wish I was a bigger fan of the livery. The first pic is probably the best angle I’ve seen but generally it just looks weird to me. Having said that, I wish them success.
-Dave

”Yet somewhere in Iceland a great anger stirred in the soul of a troubled individual...” - Revelation

BA

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 pm

PlanesNTrains wrote:
I wish I was a bigger fan of the livery. The first pic is probably the best angle I’ve seen but generally it just looks weird to me. Having said that, I wish them success.

If you're talking about MEA, they are planning to introduce a new livery with the new A321neos being delivered next year.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

raffik

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:47 pm

The Lebanese Spotters group who were onboard the test flight from Beirut to Antalya has stated that MEA has no intention of placing an order with Embraer for those aircraft. Is it usual for Embraer to send over an aircraft and print up promotional material with MEA's livery on advertising if MEA hasn't shown any interest?
I could see this aircraft operating extra frequencies on its short haul network- Cyprus, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt and Greece.
It could also add thinner routes to new markets- Eastern Europe, other destinations in the Middle East or even seasonal charters to the Greek Islands etc.
- Alec

keesje

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:08 pm

I've not seen anyone commenting on social media so far, so I'll have to bring the bad news. IMO, looking at this shark livery, I think of a centralized, military style company, lacking or ignoring commercial marketing professionalism.

If you promote your reliability, integrity, want to make your people happy and committed to what they do, you strive for enduring relationships and partnerships, a bloodthirsty fighter style shark face can not be the outcome. :checkeredflag:

You might like the art, but that doesn't mean you do market promotion / company branding with it. This is about bonding, not intimidation. :shakehead:

:arrow: Without knowing, I'm almost sure one or a few probably defense background exec's, pushed this through. And, IMO, it hits all the wrong buttons. Embraer has done a great job over the last 20 yrs, this in my opinion doesn't pay tribute to that. I hope they keep learning & improving.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

PlanesNTrains

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:06 pm

BA wrote:
PlanesNTrains wrote:

If you're talking about MEA, they are planning to introduce a new livery with the new A321neos being delivered next year.

I was referring to the shark.
-Dave

”Yet somewhere in Iceland a great anger stirred in the soul of a troubled individual...” - Revelation

PPVRA

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:56 pm

keesje wrote:
I've not seen anyone commenting on social media so far, so I'll have to bring the bad news. IMO, looking at this shark livery, I think of a centralized, military style company, lacking or ignoring commercial marketing professionalism.

If you promote your reliability, integrity, want to make your people happy and committed to what they do, you strive for enduring relationships and partnerships, a bloodthirsty fighter style shark face can not be the outcome. :checkeredflag:

You might like the art, but that doesn't mean you do market promotion / company branding with it. This is about bonding, not intimidation. :shakehead:

:arrow: Without knowing, I'm almost sure one or a few probably defense background exec's, pushed this through. And, IMO, it hits all the wrong buttons. Embraer has done a great job over the last 20 yrs, this in my opinion doesn't pay tribute to that. I hope they keep learning & improving.

Embraer isn’t trying to intimidate anyone. These liveries are about stoking the ego of airline managers who play in very competitive markets.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

Someone83

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:01 pm

I thought the next E2 delivery should have happened by now? Is there a production delay?

mxaxai

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm

raffik wrote:
The Lebanese Spotters group who were onboard the test flight from Beirut to Antalya has stated that MEA has no intention of placing an order with Embraer for those aircraft. Is it usual for Embraer to send over an aircraft and print up promotional material with MEA's livery on advertising if MEA hasn't shown any interest?

Embraer just sent the "shark" E2-190 to 15 countries in Europe and 10 cities in Asia. Places visited include those with E1 operators like:
Amsterdam (KLM)
Warsaw (LOT)
Manchester (BA Cityflyer)
Rome (Alitalia)
Zurich (Helvetic)
Altenrhein (People's ViennaLine)
Helsinki (Finnair)
Lisbon (TAP)
Itami (JAL)
Taipei (Mandarin Airlines)
Haikou Meilan (China Southern)

but also some without like
Lhasa
Kathmandu
Stockholm
Brussels
Seattle (Boeing Field)
Chengdu

Even those that do operate the E-Jets probably didn't request the visit. But better to preemptively make an offer than to miss an opportunity, I guess. Airbus learned that the hard way when IIRC United called them and asked for an offer for some A300s (that they obviously didn't have ready).

keesje

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:06 pm

PPVRA wrote:
keesje wrote:

Embraer isn’t trying to intimidate anyone. These liveries are about stoking the ego of airline managers who play in very competitive markets.

I think many would feel this says more about the ones that decided on this special livery, than on the imagined target group.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos