Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airlinermiami
Topic Author

Hainan Airlines starts Shenzhen-Madrid service in March, 2018

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Hainan Airlines is starting a new route to Spain with a non-stop
service to Madrid from Shenzhen on 788. The flight is open
for purchase. Flights will start from March 22, 2018.

HU7983 SZX 14:35-21:50 MAD ---4--7
HU7984 MAD 00:50-19:55 SZX 1---5--

Madrid is booming with flights to China. I hope for more flights and routes to follow.

nordikcam

Re: Hainan Airlines starts Shenzhen-Madrid service in March, 2018

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Two days ago March 20, 2018 New HU flight from Shenzhen to BRU ...flights day 2 and 4 :-) Tthird HU destination from BRU to China !

HU760 BRU SZX 20.30 - 13.50
HU 759 SZX BRU 12.00 - 18.30

Hainan is expanding too !

planemanofnz

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Interesting move - HU has added BRU, MAD and VIE from SZX, and has applied to serve DUB too.

HU has also opened a number of Australasian connections through SZX, like AKL, BNE and CNS.

Perhaps HU is betting SZX as its answer to CA at PEK, MU at PVG, CZ at CAN and CX at HKG?

I have always thought that HU was too fragmented, with no clear hub - SZX would be a perfect fit.

Cheers,

C.

NichCage

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Shenzhen is no doubt a big market, as well as having millions of people living around the area. So there is demand to long haul markets, but no airline other than HU and CA have actually launched them and tried it.

usssla

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
Interesting move - HU has added BRU, MAD and VIE from SZX, and has applied to serve DUB too.

HU has also opened a number of Australasian connections through SZX, like AKL, BNE and CNS.

Perhaps HU is betting SZX as its answer to CA at PEK, MU at PVG, CZ at CAN and CX at HKG?

I have always thought that HU was too fragmented, with no clear hub - SZX would be a perfect fit.

Cheers,

C.

I guess you think a bit too much for that.
Local governments of secondary Chinese port like Shenzhen, Chengdu, Chongqing are willing to generous subsidy for the intercontinental route and HU get a lot of these subsidies. We all know HU have liquidity problems currently and HU has more urgent need for those generous subsidy now.

zakuivcustom

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

usssla wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I guess you think a bit too much for that.
Local governments of secondary Chinese port like Shenzhen, Chengdu, Chongqing are willing to generous subsidy for the intercontinental route and HU get a lot of these subsidies. We all know HU have liquidity problems currently and HU has more urgent need for those generous subsidy now.

I agree. Not to mention, it's still 2/wk flight. How much pax can you really draw anyway for connection? And this is not already counting in the fact that the Australia flights are not daily either, meaning for some connection pair, you'll actually have to wait a day (if not more) at SZX :D :D

Ultimately, the flights are typical O&D trying to "connect" the city to the rest of the world. HU is well known for operating totally random point-to-point routes anyway.