Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ExMilitaryEng

Re: Bombardier Wins C-Series Case at ITC

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm

PW100 wrote:
What makes you believe (or think) Boeing did not do just that (and with the UA order for that matter) . . . ?
Well, we know for a fact they did not for the Delta order. (Boeing only offered used E190s and maybe a couple B717s).

Despite that the ITC was made aware of the $22M/737-700 UA order, such an extremely relevant price component was not part of the info provided.

So that's why I don't believe a restricted range 737 was offered.

ThomasMTroxell

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Delta just posted an internal memo saying that they still have contractual commitments for deliveries this year and with the ruling they are legally allowed to accept Canadian built CS100s but that they hope to have the Mobile FAL up and running soon.
CRJ CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E90 DC9 MD80 MD88 MD90 717 733 734 735 73W 738 739ER 744 752 753 763 76W 764 77E 77L 77W A319 A320 A321 A343 US HP DL FL WN LH AC BA AB UA TW

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 pm

fcogafa wrote:
ITC don't think they will sell many more in the US:

"We find insufficient evidence to conclude that Bombardier is likely to secure additional sales… in the imminent future", the report says. Even if Bombardier does land more deals, Boeing will not suffer, it adds.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... nt-445965/

That is a very strange comment for the ITC to make.
I'm not arguing whether they are right or wrong; for myself I genuinely couldn't say who will order C-series a/c this week, next week, or indeed ever.
What makes the ITC believe they can make such a prediction?

ps - your link is behind a paywall. Can anybody find a link to the ITC report findings itself? It was supposedly released on the 13th, but maybe it was only released to Boeing and Airbus/BBD because it contained too much commercially sensitive data? Any ideas...?
Nothing to see here; move along please.

aerolimani

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:00 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
fcogafa wrote:

"We find insufficient evidence to conclude that Bombardier is likely to secure additional sales… in the imminent future", the report says. Even if Bombardier does land more deals, Boeing will not suffer, it adds.

I'm not arguing whether they are right or wrong; for myself I genuinely couldn't say who will order C-series a/c this week, next week, or indeed ever.

I would read the ITC statement as "go and compete in a free market, and stop using the ITC, a taxpayer-funded sledgehammer, to try and kill a mosquito."

Dash9

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
fcogafa wrote:

ps - your link is behind a paywall. Can anybody find a link to the ITC report findings itself? It was supposedly released on the 13th, but maybe it was only released to Boeing and Airbus/BBD because it contained too much commercially sensitive data? Any ideas...?

The ITC was provided much more data than you and I can get access to. Bombardier and Boeing had to disclose each and every ongoing RFP for 100-150 seats airplanes. Thje ITC concluded no new order was imminent.

Full report is here:
https://leehamnews.com/wp-content/uploa ... rcraft.pdf

Flighty

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

What will be the reparations Boeing will need to repay Bombardier as a result of this false, likely strategy motivated, accusation? I suggest it should be $2-5 billion.

KarelXWB

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:50 pm

LockheedBBD wrote:
Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKCN1FY382

"U.S. ITC details why it rejected CSeries duties, says Boeing not hurt"

“Boeing lost no sales or revenues,” the ITC said in its 194-page ruling. “The higher standard seating capacity of the 737-700 and 737 MAX 7 limits competition between those models and the CS100 for some purchasers,” it said. It also said Bombardier Inc’s CSeries sale to Delta did not come at Boeing’s expense as the planemaker did not offer any new aircraft to the No. 2 U.S. carrier.

This statement by the ITC is basically what lots of people, including DL, have been saying from the beginning. It strikes me that Boeing believed it could win the case with flawed arguments.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

LockheedBBD

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 am

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKBN1GZ09V

"Boeing will not appeal trade case against Bombardier: spokesman"

Boeing Co (BA.N) will not appeal against the U.S. trade commission ruling that allows Canada’s Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) to sell its newest jets to U.S. airlines without heavy duties, a Boeing spokesman said on Thursday. The decision by Boeing puts the trade challenge to rest.

Leslieville

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:15 am

Glad to hear that the matter is resolved. BBD can put this behind them and focus on ramping up production and delivery rates.

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 am

LockheedBBD wrote:
Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKBN1GZ09V

"Boeing will not appeal trade case against Bombardier: spokesman"

Boeing Co (BA.N) will not appeal against the U.S. trade commission ruling that allows Canada’s Bombardier Inc (BBDb.TO) to sell its newest jets to U.S. airlines without heavy duties, a Boeing spokesman said on Thursday. The decision by Boeing puts the trade challenge to rest.

Excellent news! (for everyone)
Both sides can now move on.

Best of all, I can look forward to a nice payout from "the gambler" aka couprace (aka racercoup)
Couprace @ 01Nov2017 22:35 wrote:
This could be caught up in the courts for the next 3 to 5 years. I'll bet a wing doesn't enter the US this decade.

:lol:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos