ozglobal
Topic Author

New Qantas In Flight Safety Video

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 pm

A great new destination themed in flight safety video from Qantas, which also sees the return of the "I Still Call Australia Home" Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCsCYy5qq4w
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.

Goodbye

Re: New Qantas In Flight Safety Video

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Great video! Whilst I'm not a fan of Qantas' in-flight service, their marketing department really shines.
✈︎

JBusworth

Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Nice to see a small but not insignificant return to the "I Still Call Australia Home" theme. I am still not entirely convinced that these videos are actually the best way to show safety procedures or if they are better as promotional ads, but thats not for me to decide.

RyanairGuru

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:36 am

IMHO this is just too long. I also preferred the Australian themed ones.

Air France’s safety video is very distinctly ‘French’ chic encapsulating the ‘France is in the Air’ theme, is completed in two languages, and is over 3 minutes shorter.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

undertheradar

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:54 am

This is the 'long taxi' version.for the A380. There are 'short taxi' and 'long taxi' options for crew to show, depending on how much time there is during taxiing to the take off position. As we know this time can vary greatly flight to flight. There are also variations of the video for different aircraft types. eg first class bits wont be shown on aircraft without first class and so on and so on. And also different versions for different languages A flight attendant on another forum has stated that there will be about 50 versions of the demo to cover all these different requirements, so the length will vary by requirements for each particular flight.
And lastly I LOVE IT. Glad to hear old faithful 'I Still Call Australia Home' again....and still makes me tear up!!! :)

JBusworth

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:23 am

undertheradar wrote:
This is the 'long taxi' version.for the A380. There are 'short taxi' and 'long taxi' options for crew to show, depending on how much time there is during taxiing to the take off position. As we know this time can vary greatly flight to flight. There are also variations of the video for different aircraft types. eg first class bits wont be shown on aircraft without first class and so on and so on. And also different versions for different languages A flight attendant on another forum has stated that there will be about 50 versions of the demo to cover all these different requirements, so the length will vary by requirements for each particular flight.
And lastly I LOVE IT. Glad to hear old faithful 'I Still Call Australia Home' again....and still makes me tear up!!! :)

Looking forward to seeing the long taxi version on a 737 when taxing from Gate 1 at Sydney to the far end of 34R.

Enobar

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:34 am

Qantas's advertising company are nailing it lately - don't know what they're getting paid, but they're worth every sent. They have quite the knack of using very emotionally powerful music behind it - the redone version of I still call Australia home hits you (as an Aussie anyway) fairly in the heart strings. I also loved the "Feels like home" campaign which does the same thing.

I imagine we'll see a very cut down version most of the time, but its a great video without becoming too gimmicky.

jeffh747

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:59 am

Meh, I feel it was too long. Even with a shorter version, the countless different locations and the way the actors demonstrated the safety features, the video wasn't helpful for me to retain the information. Nice as a travel advertisement, but not the most effective way to communicate the required info.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

smi0006

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:07 am

I like it, light hearted — and classy. Something NZ, and DL could learn from. I’d rank it up there with AF as appropriate for brand and easy to watch.

Short version would be more watchable onboard.

I also second the impressive work QF brand and marketing team do, it’s refreshing to see a QF which is Australian but not cliched Australiana and nationalistic. Australia is a cosmopolitan and global country, which is slowly opening up to not be afraid of the world - we don’t need kangaroo print to prove our Australia culture.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos