jhsusman
Topic Author

Intro of Singapore AIr A350ULR Routes?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:53 am

Singapore has 7 A350ULR aircraft on order with the first in assembly. Any idea of when Singapore Air will announce the routes for these new aircraft? We know it will be likely New York / Newark and Los Angeles but this only accounts for 5 frames. Where will the other 2 aircraft be deployed?

eal

Re: Intro of Singapore AIr A350ULR Routes?

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:00 am

I could see SFO, currently the route is being operated via Hong Kong. Does this bird have the legs for IAH nonstop?

ZK-NBT

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:04 am

eal wrote:
I could see SFO, currently the route is being operated via Hong Kong. Does this bird have the legs for IAH nonstop?

They also fly now SIN-SFO non stop with a standard A359. Being that the standard version can make it I’m not sure they will use the ULR version there. I wonder if 2 dailies to each of NYC/LAX could be done, 3 aircraft for each to run double daily plus a spare with the 7th frame.

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:23 am

eal wrote:
I could see SFO, currently the route is being operated via Hong Kong.

SQ has flown SIN-SFO nonstop for well over a year.

The SIN-HKG-SFO 1stop service operates alongside it.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

airzona11

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 am

LAX and NYC? Weren't those mentioned a while back as the routes?

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 am

airzona11 wrote:

Yes, though they still haven't clarified which NYC gateway they'll use.

wedgetail737

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:21 am

Since SQ is now a partner with AS, they could start SEA-SIN.

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:27 am

wedgetail737 wrote:

They could, but what'd be the point?

Geographically, SIN is about the worst place on the planet to connect to anywhere, if coming from N.America... and SQ they can already tap into AS' routes from SFO and LAX

mandargb

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:24 am

I guess they would do
SIN-LAX (will need 2 aircrafts)

SIN-NYC (area) (will need 2 aircrafts): They had business only A340 Servies which they discontinued I guess. sometime ago.

They would definitely try to capture those.

Currently they do SIN-SFO. (1 NS and 1 HKG stop). Will they drop HKG halt one and move both to non-stop on A359?
(United now does SIN-SFO on B789)

Flightsimboy

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:29 am

They already announced sometime back their return to New York in 2018.
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

QF1607

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:42 am

When SQ starts flying direct to LAX and EWR, what will happen to there 1 stop flights to LAX and JFK
SQ 7 / 8 (LAX via ICN)
SQ 11 / 12 (LAX via NRT)
SQ 25 / 26 (JFK via FRA)

dmstorm22

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:02 am

QF1607 wrote:
When SQ starts flying direct to LAX and EWR, what will happen to there 1 stop flights to LAX and JFK
SQ 7 / 8 (LAX via ICN)
SQ 11 / 12 (LAX via NRT)
SQ 25 / 26 (JFK via FRA)

Can't speak for the LAX routes, but I have to think they keep SIN-FRA-JFK.

First off, they do fairly well on the individual segments. The few times I've taken the flight, many flew just NYC-FRA or the reverse (and FRA-SIN and the reverse). Second, it is targeting a different market in a way.

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 am

QF1607 wrote:
SQ 7 / 8 (LAX via ICN)
SQ 11 / 12 (LAX via NRT)
SQ 25 / 26 (JFK via FRA)

You're getting ahead of yourself. SQ has not revealed which NYC gateway they plan to service with the nonstop.

They could just as easily consolidate at JFK.

Or heck, for all we know, they could also just as easily serve both, since they'll have seven A359ULRs.

pasu129

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 am

LAX772LR wrote:
QF1607 wrote:
SQ 7 / 8 (LAX via ICN)
SQ 11 / 12 (LAX via NRT)
SQ 25 / 26 (JFK via FRA)

You're getting ahead of yourself. SQ has not revealed which NYC gateway they plan to service with the nonstop.

Or heck, for all we know, they could also just as easily serve both, since they'll have seven A359ULRs.

Isn't it SQ's intention to restart SIN-LAX/EWR using A359ULR?
Viva Las Vegas

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 am

pasu129 wrote:

LAX is their only confirmed specific airport for the A359ULR. SFO is already nonstop, but it uses a standard 275T A359.

They have confirmed NYC, just not which gateway... it could even be both. We don't know yet.

StudiodeKadent

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:05 am

I wonder, could SQ's newer A380s (the new-build ones) make SIN - SFO nonstop with a fair payload? In theory the A380 has more range than the A350-900, and SQ's A380s aren't very densely packed.

Because I'd think SFO would work out well for them being its a Star Alliance hub with lots of business travel, and lower-yield traffic could connect to other destinations in the USA at SFO, whilst SFO does have the ability to sustain a First cabin also.

LAX and NYC won't be served with either economy or first, by direct flights. And SFO is closer than both whilst also being a huge hub for allied airlines and having a large amount of premium as well as tourist traffic. It seems a good choice for A380 service... at least in theory.

A380 to SFO, A350 (premium configs) to both NYC and LAX. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Slash787

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:13 am

maybe YYZ?

olle

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:40 am

Will these 350s have the new version of the wings / wingtips?

wedgetail737

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:34 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

They could, but what'd be the point?

Geographically, SIN is about the worst place on the planet to connect to anywhere, if coming from N.America... and SQ they can already tap into AS' routes from SFO and LAX

Well...other than SQ been Star Alliance, SEA has the largest AS network...much larger than VX at SFO/LAX. Although, it may not warrant an A350ULR. I'm sure a standard A350 would do.

How do you figure that SIN is the WORST place to connect. Not much different than DXB. SIN as pretty much all of the West Asia and Southeast Asia, which is weak out SEA. Who knows.

tphuang

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Yyz is a strong possibility. And maybe ord.

LAXdude1023

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Outside of LA, NYC, and the Bay Area, Houston is the largest O&D market to SIN in the US. But that’s pushing big time for distance on any aircraft.
Religion is the root of evil...

PDPsol

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
pasu129 wrote:

LAX is their only confirmed specific airport for the A359ULR. SFO is already nonstop, but it uses a standard 275T A359.

They have confirmed NYC, just not which gateway... it could even be both. We don't know yet.

Why would SQ select JFK to operate this new ULH route, when they could open up a massive code-share and connection agreement with UA at EWR, as its Star Alliance partner? Are they already doing this at SFO, IAH, and LAX with UA, all mega-hubs? We know UA competes with SQ non-stop from SFO, and already operates LAX-SIN non-stop, so perhaps there are some competitive issues there, but taking advantage of mutual capabilities via code-share would appear to be the best option for both carriers, no?

One would imagine these new A350-900ULH frames will be delivered with a somewhat different layout than SQ's 'normal' A350-900, with a premium-heavy layout, including large J and W class cabins. Perhaps the UA partnership and joint-commercialization efforts are stymied by different marketing, and client targeting, strategies? Who knows?

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 pm

StudiodeKadent wrote:
LAX and NYC won't be served with either economy or first, by direct flights.

We don't know that.

Despite all the speculation, SQ still has not officially confirmed what their A359ULR configuration will be.

wedgetail737 wrote:
Well...other than SQ been Star Alliance, SEA has the largest AS network...much larger than VX at SFO/LAX.

Which cities do you believe are generating worthwhile traffic to Singapore and beyond, that AS/VX don't serve from SFO/LAX?

wedgetail737 wrote:
How do you figure that SIN is the WORST place to connect. Not much different than DXB.

You should probably pay a bit more attention before responding:
the words "if coming from N.America" weren't just placed there for show. :roll:

Singapore adds considerable and unnecessary distance/time to essentially every destination, for a traveler coming from N.America; compared to connecting through the likes of HKG and TPE, and really even NRT/ICN/etc despite their lower penetration into SE Asia.

Yes I realize that some N.Americans still choose to connect via there, for various reasons, but there are far more efficient options available.

wedgetail737 wrote:
SIN as pretty much all of the West Asia and Southeast Asia, which is weak out SEA.

How do you arrive at that conclusion, when BR flies there and can very easily connect Seattle pax to every significant destination in SE Asia through a far more efficient hub (for that purpose) than SIN?

PDPsol wrote:
Why would SQ select JFK to operate this new ULH route, when they could open up a massive code-share and connection agreement with UA at EWR, as its Star Alliance partner?

Um, the same reasons they didn't do that when they operated the route before....

SQ didn't codeshare with UA nor CO on the nonstop SIN-EWR route.

PDPsol wrote:
Are they already doing this at SFO, IAH, and LAX with UA, all mega-hubs?

Barely, in a very limited regard. UA and SQ have never been big codeshare partners, they're certainly in no J/V, and they've given little indication that that's going to change.

Can't say I blame them, the benefits would be so lopsidedly in favor of SQ.

wedgetail737

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
StudiodeKadent wrote:
LAX and NYC won't be served with either economy or first, by direct flights.

We don't know that.

Despite all the speculation, SQ still has not officially confirmed what their A359ULR configuration will be.

wedgetail737 wrote:
Well...other than SQ been Star Alliance, SEA has the largest AS network...much larger than VX at SFO/LAX.

Which cities do you believe are generating worthwhile traffic to Singapore and beyond, that AS/VX don't serve from SFO/LAX?

wedgetail737 wrote:
How do you figure that SIN is the WORST place to connect. Not much different than DXB.

You should probably pay a bit more attention before responding:
the words "if coming from N.America" weren't just placed there for show. :roll:

Singapore adds considerable and unnecessary distance/time to essentially every destination, for a traveler coming from N.America; compared to connecting through the likes of HKG and TPE, and really even NRT/ICN/etc despite their lower penetration into SE Asia.

Yes I realize that some N.Americans still choose to connect via there, for various reasons, but there are far more efficient options available.

wedgetail737 wrote:
SIN as pretty much all of the West Asia and Southeast Asia, which is weak out SEA.

How do you arrive at that conclusion, when BR flies there and can very easily connect Seattle pax to every significant destination in SE Asia through a far more efficient hub (for that purpose) than SIN?

PDPsol wrote:
Why would SQ select JFK to operate this new ULH route, when they could open up a massive code-share and connection agreement with UA at EWR, as its Star Alliance partner?

Um, the same reasons they didn't do that when they operated the route before....

SQ didn't codeshare with UA nor CO on the nonstop SIN-EWR route.

PDPsol wrote:
Are they already doing this at SFO, IAH, and LAX with UA, all mega-hubs?

Barely, in a very limited regard. UA and SQ have never been big codeshare partners, they're certainly in no J/V, and they've given little indication that that's going to change.

Can't say I blame them, the benefits would be so lopsidedly in favor of SQ.

I never said SQ would EVER serve SEA. But I thought the chance would be a little higher than previously. But I guess it doesn't matter if there are connection, codesharing or alliance opportunities to be successful at SEA...like LH, Asiana and maybe Xiamen and Norwegian. Those have yet to prove themselves. I do agree that the likelihood of SQ serving SEA is very remote at best. I'm not going to argue or challenge you. It's not worth explaining myself for your benefit.

LAXintl

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Announcement due soon....

Cabin will feature only business class and premium economy. Last internal config I saw was 68 biz and 94 prem econ.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

c933103

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Places like MIA or GRU or MEX? But there would not be enough premium traffic.. Plus, if a ULH route needs 2 frames, then with 7 on order they are only going to open 3 such routes with two of them already known to be NYC or LAX. Might be a second frequency to either of the two? Alternatively, Chicago or Texas?

Shouldn't SEA be within the range of regular A350?
This is a placeholder.

Irehdna

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm thinking ORD and JFK on the ULR and probably trying YVR and LAX with the standard A359. I am interested to see if the standard A359 can operate SIN-LAX nonstop without many restrictions, as UA operates the route with the (likely denser) B789.

NickolayAv

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
airzona11 wrote:

I'd imagine they will bring it to EWR because I don't think 1 A350ULR daily would be enough traffic, and also a lot of people don't want such a long flight with no stops, so they might still continue the A380 via FRA, and then add the direct flight to EWR.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

jerseyewr777

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Found this article. It's a few months old though.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/travel-le ... l-frontier

DaufuskieGuy

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:23 pm

LAXintl wrote:

Cabin will feature only business class and premium economy. Last internal config I saw was 68 biz and 94 prem econ.

similar to the 345s right?

tigerotor77w

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

LAX772LR wrote:

I don't have a globe and have a terrible time picturing flight paths, so would something like ORD - SIN - MEL be thinkable? (Granted there are not a lot of traffic that originates in NA and ends in Australia / New Zealand, but just trying to think of examples where SIN might be a reasonable alternative.)

In my little sphere, I would love to see CHS - SIN - AKL, but I think that's beyond the capabilities (or ticket price :D) of anything practical...

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:22 pm

NickolayAv wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
airzona11 wrote:

I'd imagine they will bring it to EWR because I don't think 1 A350ULR daily would be enough traffic, and also a lot of people don't want such a long flight with no stops, so they might still continue the A380 via FRA, and then add the direct flight to EWR.

Might. But again, that's just a guess. We have no idea what they plan to do.

tigerotor77w wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

I don't have a globe and have a terrible time picturing flight paths, so would something like ORD - SIN - MEL be thinkable?

Sure, if you wanted to add 3,600mi onto the flight distance of ORD-LAX-MEL, in exchange for no particular benefit. ;)

rbavfan

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
eal wrote:

They also fly now SIN-SFO non stop with a standard A359. Being that the standard version can make it I’m not sure they will use the ULR version there. I wonder if 2 dailies to each of NYC/LAX could be done, 3 aircraft for each to run double daily plus a spare with the 7th frame.

True they are running A359 on SIN-SFO. But it's been noted thats with blocked seats. The ULR would allow the route without blocking.

rbavfan

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:32 pm

pasu129 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
QF1607 wrote:
SQ 7 / 8 (LAX via ICN)
SQ 11 / 12 (LAX via NRT)
SQ 25 / 26 (JFK via FRA)

Last time I saw comments from SQ was they planned to move the route to JFK as it's more O&D. UA feed at EWR is not useful to them.

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Irehdna wrote:
. I am interested to see if the standard A359 can operate SIN-LAX nonstop without many restrictions, as UA operates the route with the (likely denser) B789.

Of course it can do it; the question is, if that's what makes the most financial sense for SQ relative to other options.

rbavfan wrote:
True they are running A359 on SIN-SFO. But it's been noted thats with blocked seats. The ULR would allow the route without blocking.

No it won't. The whole point of the -ULR is that it sacrifices pax capacity for fuel tankage.

If the speculation 160-170seats proves correct, then SQ can block 33% of the seats on one of their standard A350s, yet still offer more capacity than the -ULR will allow.

LAXdude1023

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 am

LAXintl wrote:

Based on this, it can’t be anywhere other than NYC and LA. That’s wayyy too premium heavy for ORD and IAH is too far.

LAX772LR

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
and IAH is too far.

"only" about 340nm difference.

Significant, but for an aircraft with claims of 9700nm range and carrying only 60% of a typical load, it should be doable... assuming that that's what SQ wants.

wedgetail737

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:33 am

LAX772LR wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
I just want to know why you think SEA would be a bad idea of SQ.

Already mentioned:

• It's not ideal for connections on the Asian end (though people would still use it)
  • It wouldn't get any significant connections on the US end that it doesn't already have (though people could still connect)
  • It has a powerful competitor already there, who has a much more efficient hub for N.American transit (BR)
  • And it has an even more powerful competitor (CX) with the most powerful international gateway in all of non-MidEast Asia, who's also been speculated to start SEA

Does that mean SQ or a subsidiary wouldn't launch SEA? No.
Probably have bigger fish to fry, any time soon though.

I wouldn't be surprised to maybe someday see them there post-2020 with a 280T standard A359 though; or maybe even a subsidiary with a 789.

I agree with your assessment. I would like to CX here at SEA as well. But I'm a little worried that SEA is so full that there will be no room for a quite a while from now.

kellmark

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:07 am

[quote]True they are running A359 on SIN-SFO. But it's been noted thats with blocked seats. The ULR would allow the route without blocking./quote]

Interesting. I will be flying on that route later this month SFO-SIN. 17:35 block time. In coach. But it looks like a nice coach class. I think I will get up and run around every two hours. That would require about 8 times. :shock: But I am looking forward to experiencing the A350. I will have more time on that type aircraft from that one flight than many others I have flown on. (And more miles on my feet in flight).

jerseyewr777

Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:57 am

We shall find out soon! I'm betting a late October EWR resumption.

LAXdude1023

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:52 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
and IAH is too far.

"only" about 340nm difference.

Significant, but for an aircraft with claims of 9700nm range and carrying only 60% of a typical load, it should be doable... assuming that that's what SQ wants.

They have a good thing going being able to capture IAH-Scotland traffic and IAH-SIN traffic with the routing through MAN. I don't see them messing with that.

OA940

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Why do you all think SQ will launch SEA with a plane of which they only have 7 on order and is specifically designed for ULH routes, when the standard A350-900's they have can make it to SFO, which is farther away than SEA? If they launch SEA it'll be with a standard 359.

Also why does LAX only need 2 frames? It would be REALLY pushing utilization if my (really poorly done) calculations are right. As for where the spare A350's would go I'd guess either IAH or to the current destinations (aka 3 to LAX and 4 to NYC, since NYC only has one flight and LAX has two)
A350/CSeries = bae

LAX772LR

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:39 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
They have a good thing going being able to capture IAH-Scotland traffic and IAH-SIN traffic with the routing through MAN. I don't see them messing with that.

Except that they themselves have said that they can envision all of their N.America routes going nonstop... which calls into question whether they would keep their MAN/FRA/HKG/NRT/ICN stops, regardless of how lucrative AvGeeks deem them to supposedly be, or not.

OA940 wrote:
Also why does LAX only need 2 frames? It would be REALLY pushing utilization if my (really poorly done) calculations are right. As for where the spare A350's would go I'd guess either IAH or to the current destinations (aka 3 to LAX and 4 to NYC, since NYC only has one flight and LAX has two)

As others have pointed out, there is the possibility that they can outfit a subfleet of standard A359s with a similar or modified configuration to the presumed 160-170 seat layout that they'll use in the -ULRs.

That would give even their 275T birds more than enough range to do the US west coast nonstop (heck, they're already doing so with SFO) while offering the premium mix that they would've gotten with the -ULRs, and allowing all 7 -ULRs to then be used to the east coast and/or midwest.

Not saying that they will, but it's definitely an option that they have.

Gbass21

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 am

I honestly think that, if SQ would ever launch a new ulr flight to America, it will probably be ORD or if economy recovers maybe GRU because the only way to compete with M.E. carriers in South America is non-stops. On the other hand, it is not a secret that Brazil has a lot of businesses with the South-east Asia, but I have my doubts about filling an a359 from GRU-SIN for a 18 hr flight. But again, if it's not ORD, I would bet for GRU in the ulr segment (obviously, this does not include YVR/SEA that could easily be done with a regular a359).

airzona11

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 am

Gbass21 wrote:
I honestly think that, if SQ would ever launch a new ulr flight to America, it will probably be ORD or if economy recovers maybe GRU because the only way to compete with M.E. carriers in South America is non-stops. On the other hand, it is not a secret that Brazil has a lot of businesses with the South-east Asia, but I have my doubts about filling an a359 from GRU-SIN for a 18 hr flight. But again, if it's not ORD, I would bet for GRU in the ulr segment (obviously, this does not include YVR/SEA that could easily be done with a regular a359).

But LA and NYC have more O/D and higher yielding traffic than ORD or GRU. So while they could do those, it is speculation. They have stated they will serve LA and NYC. In a premium config, they can skim the highest yielding traffic non-stop and still run the 1 stop flights to earn the lower yielding business.

DobboDobbo

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 am

LAX772LR wrote:
Except that they themselves have said that they can envision all of their N.America routes going nonstop... which calls into question whether they would keep their MAN/FRA/HKG/NRT/ICN stops, regardless of how lucrative AvGeeks deem them to supposedly be, or not.

SQ51/52 carries around 55-70 passengers per sector routing SIN-IAH.

Even if: (i) 100% of these were business passengers, which they are not; and (ii) a direct route stimulated demand, you would be faced with a scenario of trying to make a ULH route work with a little over 50% load factor. This obviously prevents problems - assuming you are a commercial entity.

I'd say it's far more likely SQ cuts IAH completely rather than turns it into a non stop service. However, I think both are unlikely because they seem to have a good thing going via/at MAN right now, so in the short term I think it is unlikely to change.

Gbass21

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 pm

airzona11 wrote:
Gbass21 wrote:

But LA and NYC have more O/D and higher yielding traffic than ORD or GRU. So while they could do those, it is speculation. They have stated they will serve LA and NYC. In a premium config, they can skim the highest yielding traffic non-stop and still run the 1 stop flights to earn the lower yielding business.

Obviously NY and LA area are more O/D and higher yielding traffic than ORD, but after NY and LA, Chicago is definitely the bigger. Take account that ORD is the third most populated city in the States, and has a strong business industry. Maybe SFO, IAH/DFW (oil) or LAS has equal or more premium traffic, but those cities do not have the same population and business industry as ORD does.

huaiwei

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Geographically, SIN is about the worst place on the planet to connect to anywhere, if coming from N.America

Let's just conveniently ignore the existence of a significant and lucrative India-North America market which is largely cornered by SQ via SIN, despite CX's attempts to muscle into this market connecting 20% of humanity to the other side of the Earth.

Of the numerous cities in Southeast Asia, itself home to twice the population of the US, which are frequently connected via SIN from North America, including Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and numerous other secondary cities in the southern (and incidentally the relatively more prosperous) parts of SE Asia, because SIN happens to offer one of the best connections from SE Asia to NA especially for Malaysians and Indonesians due to the frequencies (SIN-CGK is the world's 2nd busiest international route, and SIN-KUL the 4th busiest), even if HKG is actually geographically superior especially from the perspective of MNL and BKK, for eg.

SQ is determined to fly non-stop precisely to because of these two markets. It needs to reduce the number of stopovers in other to properly compete with its premium rivals in SE Asia and East Asia, because most travellers mind the number of stop-overs far more than any of the variables you mentioned.

Geographically SIN may not be the shortest, fastest or the most fuel efficient, but clearly the real market out there do not care about these factors as much as you do. Price, schedule, service quality, reputation and miles are clearly far bigger determinants.
It's huaiwei...not huawei. I have nothing to do with the PRC! :)

LAX772LR

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 am

huaiwei wrote:
India-North America market which is largely cornered by SQ via SIN

I find that extremely hard to believe.

Not in today's marketplace with nonstops from both coasts to India, and the ME3 flying to far more N.Am destinations with far more capacity than the likes of SQ ever will.... but would be interested to see the information you're basing it on.

danj555

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:44 am

I don't understand why Singapore Air would need to send their ULRs to NYC in premium (biz only) configs... Like just using simple math.. it's 9,500miles away... and the plane has 11,100miles of range. Why the need to cut seats if range, weight, or fuel aren't a restriction?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos