AirbusMDCFAN
Topic Author

'Mob' breaks out at Des Moines International Airport after 14-hour delay

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:53 am

Link/Source: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/1 ... delay.html

"A 14-hour flight delay erupted in chaos at Des Moines International Airport overnight, causing police and security to be called in to calm the irate passengers.
Allegiant Air Flight 153 was supposed to leave Friday morning, but didn’t take off until 2:30 am Saturday, KCCI reports, stranding passengers at the airport."

"Grey blamed mechanical issues and bad weather for the 14-hour delay."
"A replacement aircraft flew in from Las Vegas to retrieve passengers just before 9 pm, but the flight didn’t end up taking off until 2:30 am Saturday.
Passengers were given a $100 voucher, according to KCCI, but no refund."

According to flightradar24, G4/AAY153 was supposed to operated with A319 N334NV
but was operated with MD83 N883GA. Is N334NV still stuck in DSM, and what was the MX issue on the aircraft.

jamesontheroad

Re: 'Mob' breaks out at Des Moines International Airport after 14-hour delay

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:32 am

Just below the surface, Iowa Nice masks a rage fiercer than anyone would expect :D

WN732

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am

I knew it was Allegiant when I saw the words "14 hour delay."

readytotaxi

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 am

Gotta feel for the passengers and the ground staff, wouldn't like to be either.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

evanbu

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

You get what you pay for...

usflyer msp

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm

On G4 a $100 voucher is probably more than the airfare...

tjwgrr

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Those pax lost a whole day in Vegas, some of whom probably were coming back on the Sunday LAS-DSM. Hardly worth going after a 14 hour delay.

Exactly why I don't fly Allegiant, and why I advise my relatives and co-workers the risk of doing so.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm

If you’re in DSM, why not just go home?

GF

stlgph

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:52 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Or read the article, where it says people couldn't get their luggage back.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

IPFreely

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

If Allegiant had been honest and told them it would be a 14 hour delay many of them might have gone home and returned 14 hours later. But according to the article they were "continually lied to a half-hour, an hour at a time." Which, unfortunately, is typical of most airlines.

AAvgeek744

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:09 pm

^^^ This is why I do not want to see G4 come into BNA as a lot of people here seem to want.

Super80Fan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm

That's why I refuse to fly Allegiant, if something happens you're stuck for a while.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

flyingdoc787

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:21 pm

In these cases, I've always wondered how the mood in the aircraft is once the flight is finally on its way. How do the "irritated" passengers treat the crew on board? How do the crew treat the pax?
I've been on some delayed flights but not in similar circumstances where there was an apparent breakdown of communication and trust between airline and passengers, so I'm curious.

9w748capt

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:27 pm

evanbu wrote:
You get what you pay for...

Yup. The ULCCs are great ... until they're not.

bagoldex

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Next week on LA to Vegas(https://www.fox.com/la-to-vegas) ...

AirbusMDCFAN wrote:

"A 14-hour flight delay erupted in chaos at Des Moines International Airport overnight, causing police and security to be called in to calm the irate passengers.
Allegiant Air Flight 153 was supposed to leave Friday morning, but didn’t take off until 2:30 am Saturday, KCCI reports, stranding passengers at the airport."

"A replacement aircraft flew in from Las Vegas to retrieve passengers just before 9 pm, but the flight didn’t end up taking off until 2:30 am Saturday.

but was operated with MD83 N883GA. Is N334NV still stuck in DSM, and what was the MX issue on the aircraft.

kcrwflyer

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:56 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
^^^ This is why I do not want to see G4 come into BNA as a lot of people here seem to want.

That's very thoughtful of you to not want an airline to come in that allows an entire segment of people to travel that likely otherwise cannot afford to fly anywhere. How about you just don't fly them if they show up.

usflyer msp

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:15 pm

kcrwflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

That's very thoughtful of you to not want an airline to come in that allows an entire segment of people to travel that likely otherwise cannot afford to fly anywhere. How about you just don't fly them if they show up.

They still can't afford to fly anywhere. The ULCC's often fly around a class of people that really should be staying at home.
This is why we so often see disturbances at NK, F9 and G4 locations. If anything goes wrong these people are too poor to pay for extra night in a hotel, or a few extra meals, or to miss a few hours of work much less make alternative arrangements to travel home - thus they lash out (remember the NK FLL riot last year!!!).
A staycation is much more in order for many of these people. It really can become a public safety issue.

PennPal

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:16 pm

I thought the MX issues were supposed to be eliminated when the A319/320s came onboard...

flyguy89

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

They still can't afford to fly anywhere. The ULCC's often fly around a class of people that really should be staying at home.
This is why we so often see disturbances at NK, F9 and G4 locations. If anything goes wrong these people are too poor to pay for extra night in a hotel, or a few extra meals, or to miss a few hours of work much less make alternative arrangements to travel home - thus they lash out (remember the NK FLL riot last year!!!).
A staycation is much more in order for many of these people. It really can become a public safety issue.

Hear hear! Harrumph! Harrumph! T'is a public hazard to let the peasant rabble fly. Let them stay home and eat cake. :roll:

aviationjunky

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:29 pm

At G4, refunds are always offered after 8 hours of delay, every single time, with the only exception is an "Act of God" causing the delay. It's an FAA regulation that a refund has to be issued after so many continuous delay, without cancellation or reschedule. I'm almost 100% positive they were not issuing instant refunds at the ticket counter, which triggered passengers to assume they were not issuing refunds at all. If they would've called customer service, they would've issued a refund over the phone. And, I'm sure if they were to call today, they would probably still get a refund.

Everyone is out to get G4, like have done something wrong. There has never been a fatal accident in their 20 years of operation. People get so upset because they have to pay for bags and food, and they get upset that there are mechanical delays that last hours, but would you rather an airline find an issue and say "well, we can't delay the flight any further, might as well fly and see what happens"? If the mechanical issue led to an accident, you all would be saying "why didn't they fix the issue? They knew it was an issue, but they flew anyway!" So, you can't have you cake and eat it too.
LAS is Life

stlgph

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Communication is key. Period. They shouldn't have to call customer service to find out about refunds being issued. This is where someone in the position of "Manager," has to, you know .... manage.

Totally. New. Concept.

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Allegiant is really bad about telling people to just hold onto receipts. Alot of people have no money or emergency fund, they sadly dont. If it was going to be a long time I hate when they drag it out and are not honest. They should strive to improve but I'm not sure they care to. Improvement costs money and they seem to like their current system.

I know we love to attack allegiant because this is a dramatic story but every single week legacy airlines stick people over 14 hrs on a missed connect that they blame on the weather even if it's a stretch and we don't attack them about it. I don't think united customer service is any better than allegiant. allegiant is the more news worthy story because it's a whole plane load together stuck as opposed to the legacies who have a bunch of different people going different places stuck. Let's just call a spade a spade here, all of the customer service stinks these days and the airlines only care about you if you are an elite flyer.

I feel much worse for the poor ground staff than I do the flyers . Poor people making $13 an hour to get yelled at and given no information or help. It's sad but all the airlines do this these days.

RamblinMan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Yeah go on and keep dissing Allegiant...this exact same thing has happened to me on United. After the scheduled departure time the flight was removed from the departure boards so we couldn't even leave the gate area for fear of missing communication. It's totally unacceptable but it's hardly unique to ULCCs

xjetflyer2001

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 pm

IPFreely wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

If Allegiant had been honest and told them it would be a 14 hour delay many of them might have gone home and returned 14 hours later. But according to the article they were "continually lied to a half-hour, an hour at a time." Which, unfortunately, is typical of most airlines.

I wouldn't say it is the airline lying, as you said most airlines put these kinds of delays up, it's not because they are trying to lie to the passengers, Do you know how many people it takes to dispatch a flight? I mean it's not just the agents behind the counter and the rampers on the ground, and if something is wrong with the flight, it's just that many more people involved, usually multiple things happen that could extend a delay, mx taking longer than thought, one problem gets fixed and another arises, looking to see if can swap aircraft, crew about to time out, need new crew, could be any number of things, but airlines, even the ULLC's don't set out to lie to passengers, now 14 hours is excessive, but it could have been any number of things that kept the delay pushing back

TWA902fly

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:37 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
Those pax lost a whole day in Vegas, some of whom probably were coming back on the Sunday LAS-DSM. Hardly worth going after a 14 hour delay.

Exactly why I don't fly Allegiant, and why I advise my relatives and co-workers the risk of doing so.

AAY153 is DSM-AZA, not DSM-LAS.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

jetblueguy22

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:38 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

I've read a lot of posts on this site but you win the most ignorant post award. Wow. Air travel isn't some magical thing granted to the rich. Maybe there are families who didn't plan on shelling out a couple grand on new tickets. Maybe there are people on board who are visiting a sick relative. G4 may be a vacation package airline, but it doesn't mean that is the only people who fly them.
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

IndyHoosier

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

Wow, I hope you seriously don't believe this and are just trolling. What complete nonsense.

FGITD

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:49 pm

stlgph wrote:
Communication is key. Period. They shouldn't have to call customer service to find out about refunds being issued. This is where someone in the position of "Manager," has to, you know .... manage.

Totally. New. Concept.

But what do you expect the airline manager to do? Crack open the ol' vault and start handing out cash refunds?

Very few airline stations have cash on hand to begin with. Let alone enough to refund an entire flight. And based on how reservations work, passengers don't all get the same.

The way it is meant to work is the airline gives you the number, then you go home, to a hotel, or wherever, and call about your compensation. (Depending on the situation though, the airline should be giving you a hotel)

Instead though, people insist on staying at the airport and screaming at some underpaid subcontractor about something they have no control over, and likely no course of action to take.

william

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:53 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

The same thing about SWA customers 30 years ago. :roll:

FGITD

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm

stlgph wrote:
FGITD wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Totally. New. Concept.

But what do you expect the airline manager to do? Crack open the ol' vault and start handing out cash refunds?

Very few airline stations have cash on hand to begin with. Let alone enough to refund an entire flight. And based on how reservations work, passengers don't all get the same.

The way it is meant to work is the airline gives you the number, then you go home, to a hotel, or wherever, and call about your compensation. (Depending on the situation though, the airline should be giving you a hotel)

Instead though, people insist on staying at the airport and screaming at some underpaid subcontractor about something they have no control over, and likely no course of action to take.

I didn't say anything about handing out cash at the airport.

I said "communication is key."

Try again.

You're right.

"The plane is broken. We don't have an estimated departure time. Call this number for compensation information..." Is all it takes.

stlgph

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm

FGITD wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Totally. New. Concept.

I didn't say anything about handing out cash at the airport.

I said "communication is key."

Try again.

Aliqiout

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:12 pm

aviationjunky wrote:
At G4, refunds are always offered after 8 hours of delay, every single time, with the only exception is an "Act of God" causing the delay. It's an FAA regulation that a refund has to be issued after so many continuous delay, without cancellation or reschedule. I'm almost 100% positive they were not issuing instant refunds at the ticket counter, which triggered passengers to assume they were not issuing refunds at all. If they would've called customer service, they would've issued a refund over the phone. And, I'm sure if they were to call today, they would probably still get a refund.

Everyone is out to get G4, like have done something wrong. There has never been a fatal accident in their 20 years of operation. People get so upset because they have to pay for bags and food, and they get upset that there are mechanical delays that last hours, but would you rather an airline find an issue and say "well, we can't delay the flight any further, might as well fly and see what happens"? If the mechanical issue led to an accident, you all would be saying "why didn't they fix the issue? They knew it was an issue, but they flew anyway!" So, you can't have you cake and eat it too.

If what you say is right it makes G4 look even worse. No one was able to communicate to the passengers they could get a refund over the phone? That is a complete communications failure.

No one is complaining about the fact there was a maintenance delay. Everybody here knows that happens. The problem is the complete lack of communications combined with G4's very limited options when dealing with delays and cancellations. If they were flying

CrimsonNL

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Just from my years of browsing the Anet forums, I knew this was about Allegiant before even opening the thread!

Martijn
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

kjeld0d

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm

AirbusMDCFAN wrote:
Des Moines International Airport

Adding to this discussion, Des Moines is French for "The Moines".

stlgph

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Wave the next time you fly over.

usflyer msp

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:18 pm

jetblueguy22 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:

I've read a lot of posts on this site but you win the most ignorant post award. Wow. Air travel isn't some magical thing granted to the rich. Maybe there are families who didn't plan on shelling out a couple grand on new tickets. Maybe there are people on board who are visiting a sick relative. G4 may be a vacation package airline, but it doesn't mean that is the only people who fly them.

Travelling is not cheap. Even if you can afford a plane ticket, you still need to have money at your destination and a fund for emergencies. If you don't have this you should stay at home. I would give a pass to the sick relative people but absolutely not to the vacationers. If you cant afford any emergency travel expenses, your family should drive to Branson or Destin instead of fly to Las Vegas. It is part and parcel of being a responsible adult

Boeingphan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Go home? They were trying to get the hell outta here!! There's 10'' of snow on the ground and it's 5 degrees outside. They wanted to get to Phoenix where its sunny and 80 outside. Hell yeah I'd be irate.

AAvgeek744

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 pm

william wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:

The same thing about SWA customers 30 years ago. :roll:

Southwest never had such a bad reputation for poor service. I was in Texas at the beginning and flown them more times I could ever remember. I flew G4 once, and that was one time too many. BNA is well served for people on a budget if you know what to look for.

TUSDawg23

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:36 pm

For anyone giving G4 a pass, please remember their CEO is the guy who was head of ValuJet and who brought many of his shady business practices to G4. Do a simple google search and all kinds of info will come up on G4's numerous flight operations and customer service issues they've had over the years which are at a much higher clip than other part 121 carriers relative to the number of flights they conduct.

Hopefully on the ops side, the phasing out of the old mad-dogs will help and investing more in preventative mx practices. Still, they are the one airline in the US I am reluctant to fly because of their troubled past and the way they treat their customers.

joeljack

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 pm

RamblinMan wrote:
Yeah go on and keep dissing Allegiant...this exact same thing has happened to me on United. After the scheduled departure time the flight was removed from the departure boards so we couldn't even leave the gate area for fear of missing communication. It's totally unacceptable but it's hardly unique to ULCCs
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Allegiant is really bad about telling people to just hold onto receipts. Alot of people have no money or emergency fund, they sadly dont. If it was going to be a long time I hate when they drag it out and are not honest. They should strive to improve but I'm not sure they care to. Improvement costs money and they seem to like their current system.

I know we love to attack allegiant because this is a dramatic story but every single week legacy airlines stick people over 14 hrs on a missed connect that they blame on the weather even if it's a stretch and we don't attack them about it. I don't think united customer service is any better than allegiant. allegiant is the more news worthy story because it's a whole plane load together stuck as opposed to the legacies who have a bunch of different people going different places stuck. Let's just call a spade a spade here, all of the customer service stinks these days and the airlines only care about you if you are an elite flyer.

I feel much worse for the poor ground staff than I do the flyers . Poor people making $13 an hour to get yelled at and given no information or help. It's sad but all the airlines do this these days.

Yes, this happened to me on United 3 weeks ago, DEN-OMA. Flight was delayed 15 hours until the next day. The difference is, I found out about delay about 10 minutes after scheduled departure time. I was able to sprint across airport and buy a ticket on Southwest for a flight leaving in 30 minutes. The southwest flight was $260 and that leg of my united flight was like $240 (which United refunded for me) so I was only out $20 and still got to Omaha about the same time as original. If United would have delayed it by 30 minutes again and again and again, I would have been spending the night at the airport and would have been super frustrated.

ual747den

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm

I don't understand how so many people on here who supposedly have some knowledge of the industry can bash G4 for this. Everyone should know that G4 didn't want to take a 14hr delay, they didn't want to have to pay to ferry an aircraft from LAS, they didn't want to have an aircraft stuck at an outstation, but these things happen. I seriously doubt that anyone at G4 knowingly gave passengers incorrect information but the situation was and always is fluid and it changes. There are Federal laws that regulate what airlines have to do for passengers in this situation and I have no doubt that G4 followed the law. These passengers were just fed up and they became irate and they want to have someone to blame so of course they get mad at the airline. The fact of the matter is that it really is out of the airlines control, they are not going to fly an aircraft that is unsafe or not legal. I don't know exactly what was going on obviously but I would imagine that most other airlines would have just canceled the flight and left it at that. Even though these passengers were extremely late they still make it to their destination and if someone didn't want to fly they would have been issued a refund.
Frontier Airlines - Low Fares Done Right

RamblinMan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:57 pm

joeljack wrote:
Yes, this happened to me on United 3 weeks ago, DEN-OMA. Flight was delayed 15 hours until the next day. The difference is, I found out about delay about 10 minutes after scheduled departure time. I was able to sprint across airport and buy a ticket on Southwest for a flight leaving in 30 minutes.

When I say this exact same thing has happened on United, I mean the EXACT same thing...delayed from 1900 until about 1400 the next day, all in 30-minute to 2 hour increments except for around 2200 when we were told to come back the next morning only to have the delays start all over again. No clear explanations given, no refunds offered, no meal or hotel vouchers. It was a 500 mile trip, had they told us upfront how long it would take I would have just driven.

indcwby

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:57 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Next week on LA to Vegas(https://www.fox.com/la-to-vegas) ...

AirbusMDCFAN wrote:

I was going to say, they already had an episode where the pilot ticks off the cleaning crew and they leave something really foul smelling on the plane and had to delay the flight to find it themselves before they could take off, but never did.
A319, A320, A330, A340, B717, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, CRJ7, DC10, MD88, MD11, E145, E175
"Always remember that you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands."

Super80Fan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm

G4 is still an accident waiting to happen Airbus's or MD's. They still have Mr. ValuJet 592 running the company.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

geologyrocks

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 pm

usflyer msp wrote:

Travelling is not cheap. Even if you can afford a plane ticket, you still need to have money at your destination and a fund for emergencies. If you don't have this you should stay at home. I would give a pass to the sick relative people but absolutely not to the vacationers. If you cant afford any emergency travel expenses, your family should drive to Branson or Destin instead of fly to Las Vegas. It is part and parcel of being a responsible adult

Because cars never, ever break down and tires never pop.

How do you even know they can’t afford a hotel but are probably more upset that they spent their entire day at an airport, especially at an airport like Des Moines?

Fortunately, those people do not need your permission to travel.

rbavfan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:05 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
On G4 a $100 voucher is probably more than the airfare...

Yes but you have to use it to fly on them again.

RJNUT

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm

I know a few couples from KC that use Allegiant to their winter homes , flying to PIE or PGD. They take the attitude, "if they fly great, if not we will book new walkup ticket on DL or WN" . So they take advantage of the good deals but are not completely dependent on their operational integrity. Nice place to be , but most travelers are not so flexible or well off.

Route66

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:27 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:

That's right, poor people need to just stay home. Maybe easier to just lock them all up if they're gonna get all uppity about decent service.

wowlookplanes

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 am

Route66 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
kcrwflyer wrote:

That's right, poor people need to just stay home. Maybe easier to just lock them all up if they're gonna get all uppity about decent service.

Hold on a sec...I'm reading MSP's point a little bit differently; I don't think the point is that the working classes should have no right to travel via air, but that it is not in their own best interests to fly, at least not for leisure (so yes, bereavement/family is an obvious exception).

I am as progressive as they come; I would love to be able to wave a magic wand and do away with crushing poverty. And to that end, does it make sense to me to in any way encourage folks living paycheck-to-paycheck to spend their money on Allegiant? This is an airline that self-identifies as bringing air travel down to the lowest common denominator. There is rampant speculation that the company skimps financially on equipment, personnel, maintenance, and communication protocols. If anyone is encouraging the working classes to spend their limited resources on a company that seems not to have much of a backup plan, I'm calling that predatory capitalism at its worst.

I've never traveled on Allegiant, hope to never have to, but is it possible that their main market isn't the poor, but the really, really, REALLY CHEAP---- er, I mean price-sensitive (who aren't necessarily working class)? I'd feel much better about leaving these folks to the Allegiant business model, as the assumption is that you have two market participants that are made for each other and should have open eyes around what they're buying & selling.

RJNUT wrote:
They take the attitude, "if they fly great, if not we will book new walkup ticket on DL or WN" . So they take advantage of the good deals but are not completely dependent on their operational integrity.

Yeah, exactly like that!

It makes me nauseous to imagine a group of folks waaaaay ill-equipped to deal financially with an airline without a sincere backup plan. These folks should be saving, not spending on Allegiant.

alan3

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 am

I really feel for those people who had to wait so long without support.

But "you get what you pay for" hasn't been a saying for decades for no reason. If you buy a pair of hiking boots from Walmart becuase you can't afford the $600 ones from LL Bean, that's fine, but if you get wet socks after a weekend of hiking in the rain you can't expect to march on Walmart with torches and pitchforks. So, I think what some people are saying is that some of these Allegiant travellers don't realize that they purchased from an airline version of Walmart.

I love the idea of people travelling who maybe couldn't before. Travel is wonderful. However, there is worry about the consequences of making travel so ultra super cheap. For example, look at all of those stories coming out of China of the bizarre behavior of people flying for the first time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos