Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

pmartin

Re: Growth and future of Ethiopian airlines

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am

Starting December

Spiderguy252

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 am

Will be flying ET next week on BOM-ADD-NBO-ADD-BOM, on combination of Dreamliners and the 738. Looking forward!
Vahroone

hynithuchi

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:27 am

pmartin wrote:
Starting December

Thanks, NOV showed via MXP and I didn't expect them to change their routing 1 month after starting W18/19 season.

berari

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm

hynithuchi wrote:
berari wrote:
Manchester is now finally showing up in booking systems as announced via BRU 4x per week. BRU will be served via VIE on the rest of the days. VIE will cut back to 6 days per week.

Also new is that GVA will be served via FCO and not MXP as originally planned.

VIE as of now has three flights going on to MXP and three terminator service. I see the latter as being opportunity/precursor for expansion, but to where?

Where did you find that GVA is now served via FCO instead of MXP ? Their first flight last SUN was via MXP and I've checked flights up to mid NOV in their booking system and they are all still shown via MXP.

Week of December 5 I see flights going via FCO, for example.

berari

Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:22 am

Ethiopia's government has declared that it is open to selling a stake of parastatals like Ethiopian Airlines and Ethio Telecom. This is a huge departure from policy which positions the country to open up to more foreign and private investments and possible growth. They are clear to indicate that the government will maintain a majority stake.

While the government will continue to hold the largest stake in these companies, "the rest of the shares will be offered to domestic and foreign investors," the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) said in a statement.

The policy is "to enable Ethiopia-born citizens living abroad who´ve long wished to work on the development of their country, and also to enable foreigners who have the knowledge and foreign currency, to play a positive role in our growth," the ruling party wrote on Facebook.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/ar ... lecom.html

Pepper456

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Open LIS and OPO to do concorrence to TAAG and TAP in Africa. Do like JJ did recently in LIS.

aemoreira1981

Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:55 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
berari wrote:
No analysis, unless you had insider information, could have landed one to bet on MAN. ET's primary targets have been Star Alliance hubs which they continue to expand into, which is where one would have better odds. At the same time, you have folks that suggest ET fly into PTY.

ET to PTY, that'd be the day. And perhaps before EK makes it to PTY.
Seriously, if ET wants to link Star Alliance hubs ADD and PTY, best would be to do it via a European airport not currently having flights to PTY in the likes of "an airport in London", BCN, AGP, FCO, MXP. If that airport happens to be another Star Alliance hub (like LIS, ZRH, CPH, MUC, VIE, ZAG, ATH, CAI) that'd really be a bonus.

ZRH would make perfect sense if you ask me, as Panama City is the major center of banking in Central America, and there is also banking in Switzerland. I would say maybe 2x ADD-ZRH-PTY and 2x ADD-GVA-PTY. I'm pretty sure LX and LH will be glad to apply their codes to the flight; neither Swiss nor Edelweiss serve PTY from ZRH, and Swiss doesn't do any long-haul from Geneva except to JFK. (LH does serve PTY from FRA using CityLine A343s.)

berari

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:29 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:
berari wrote:
No analysis, unless you had insider information, could have landed one to bet on MAN. ET's primary targets have been Star Alliance hubs which they continue to expand into, which is where one would have better odds. At the same time, you have folks that suggest ET fly into PTY.

Seriously, if ET wants to link Star Alliance hubs ADD and PTY, best would be to do it via a European airport not currently having flights to PTY in the likes of "an airport in London", BCN, AGP, FCO, MXP. If that airport happens to be another Star Alliance hub (like LIS, ZRH, CPH, MUC, VIE, ZAG, ATH, CAI) that'd really be a bonus.

ZRH would make perfect sense if you ask me, as Panama City is the major center of banking in Central America, and there is also banking in Switzerland. I would say maybe 2x ADD-ZRH-PTY and 2x ADD-GVA-PTY. I'm pretty sure LX and LH will be glad to apply their codes to the flight; neither Swiss nor Edelweiss serve PTY from ZRH, and Swiss doesn't do any long-haul from Geneva except to JFK. (LH does serve PTY from FRA using CityLine A343s.)

What sort of traffic would ET be depending on to make this work? How much Africa-PTY traffic is there that could justify this?

aemoreira1981

Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:36 am

berari wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
2travel2know2 wrote:

What sort of traffic would ET be depending on to make this work? How much Africa-PTY traffic is there that could justify this?

Actually, I think that the traffic would be banking traffic from ZRH or GVA. It could also free up an A340 on LH metal for someone else, possibly Eurowings, as they could route customers through Switzerland. I see two distinct markets here and fifth freedom rights.

berari

Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:49 am

The first arrival to GVA is captured here. Sadly no water gun salute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImH9FB5VY1o

hynithuchi

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:20 am

berari wrote:
The first arrival to GVA is captured here. Sadly no water gun salute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImH9FB5VY1o

Very nice, thank you for your video. Why no water gun salute ? Was it too early for an official reception of the inaugural flight as it is generally done ? ;)

seabosdca

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:38 am

The network ET has been able to build is particularly impressive given conditions at ADD. They have to be very selective in their fleet choices, and cannot operate most stretch aircraft on any routes longer than regional routes. The entire fleet was clearly chosen with hot and high performance in mind, and is not as efficient as similarly modern fleets elsewhere.

If one of the airlines based from a sea-level hub in NE or W Africa ever gets as organized as ET, ET will have a battle on its hands. But for now what they're doing is incredible.

evanb

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:40 am

seabosdca wrote:
The network ET has been able to build is particularly impressive given conditions at ADD. They have to be very selective in their fleet choices, and cannot operate most stretch aircraft on any routes longer than regional routes. The entire fleet was clearly chosen with hot and high performance in mind, and is not as efficient as similarly modern fleets elsewhere.

If one of the airlines based from a sea-level hub in NE or W Africa ever gets as organized as ET, ET will have a battle on its hands. But for now what they're doing is incredible.

Addis might be high altitude, but it's hardly a "hot" city, because of the altitude. The record high is only 32 Celcius! In terms of fleet selection these days, it's difficult to purchase anything on the books of Airbus or Boeing these days which don't perform decently at altitude.

SCQ83

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:50 am

I think ADD-BCN-PTY could make sense since there is no carrier opening BCN-PTY in a foreseeable future.

Then ET could change the MAD-BCN tag and start a ADD-MAD-LIS tag.

berari

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:29 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
I think ADD-BCN-PTY could make sense since there is no carrier opening BCN-PTY in a foreseeable future.

Then ET could change the MAD-BCN tag and start a ADD-MAD-LIS tag.

Once again, what's special about PTY and ET operating into it? What's special about PTY? Is it more of a personal favourite?

seabosdca

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 pm

evanb wrote:
Addis might be high altitude, but it's hardly a "hot" city, because of the altitude. The record high is only 32 Celcius! In terms of fleet selection these days, it's difficult to purchase anything on the books of Airbus or Boeing these days which don't perform decently at altitude.

Yes; I meant "hot and high" in the general sense of an airport that faces extreme performance challenges.

ADD is high enough that it really does have an effect. The 787-9 can't fly to North America or the Far East with a reasonable payload. Even the mighty 77W doesn't typically fly farther than nine hours. The long stuff has to be flown by 788 or 77L, neither of which is known for outstanding economics. The 359 is the one aircraft that isn't a shrink that really does give them flexibility out of ADD.

berari

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:48 pm

seabosdca wrote:
ADD is high enough that it really does have an effect. The 787-9 can't fly to North America or the Far East with a reasonable payload. Even the mighty 77W doesn't typically fly farther than nine hours. The long stuff has to be flown by 788 or 77L, neither of which is known for outstanding economics. The 359 is the one aircraft that isn't a shrink that really does give them flexibility out of ADD.

I have wondered why the A359 is relegated to only European and far East Asian destinations as it relates to long haul services, and not to destinations like IAD that could use the performance and/or payload it offers. IAD, which sees ET's largest aircraft, gets the 77W during peak season. With the addition of ORD as a new destination and better connectivity options at ORD, I wonder if ET will sustain the 77W on that route.

Also, from what I am seeing, ET deploys the B789 to CDG, while it deploys the A359 to FRA and LHR. The missions appear to be very similar, but why the difference in aircraft type? What contributing factors are there beyond passenger count?

iadadd

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:11 am

berari wrote:
seabosdca wrote:

I have wondered why the A359 is relegated to only European and far East Asian destinations as it relates to long haul services, and not to destinations like IAD that could use the performance and/or payload it offers. IAD, which sees ET's largest aircraft, gets the 77W during peak season. With the addition of ORD as a new destination and better connectivity options at ORD, I wonder if ET will sustain the 77W on that route.

Also, from what I am seeing, ET deploys the B789 to CDG, while it deploys the A359 to FRA and LHR. The missions appear to be very similar, but why the difference in aircraft type? What contributing factors are there beyond passenger count?

I've always wondered why ET doesn't fly the 359 to IAD as well, perhaps ET is trying to use Boeing only to U.S. for political reasons since it's lobbying hard to keep the EXIM banks, who knows.

In regards to CDG, FRA and LHR get the 359 because they have the demand to support the bigger aircraft. FRA being the Star hub, and London being London have higher demand than CDG. IIRC, CDG only became a daily terminator last year, it was previously operated with a stop to BRU and 5-6x weekly. Also, CDG sees many different aircraft (788,789,359,77L)

evanb

Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:54 am

seabosdca wrote:

Indeed, and I think everyone knows the operational challenges with regards to ADD. That said, most of their network is medium to long haul, and with the exception of North America most of their network is well within the parameters of the payloads they want to carry. With the exception of trying to do North American non-stops I don't think they're ever in the situation of having to leave payload on the ground in ADD because of uplift limitations (maybe occasionally on GRU or PEK). But back to your original point about fleet planning and clearly picking aircraft for the ADD altitude: I'm not sure any new aircraft type brought to market in the last two decades that is a dramatically poor performer at altitude. Even the A330, which many considered a slug a few years back, is now operating 10/11 hours out of JNB at 5,700ft. It's really only beyond 12 hours that the A330s or even B787s are going to really leave a lot on the ground and compromise operations at this altitude.

SurlyBonds

Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:24 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Ethiopian Airlines launches Istanbul and Moscow! now there are 15 destinations in Europe without a doubt this 2018 has been a great growth, I hope that the arrival of the new airplanes continue opening much more and more destinations! I just want to see you soon in Australia

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status/1002998727601033216

This says that the route will be ADD-IST-SVO. Will ET have fifth-freedom rights to carry pax IST-SVO?

RainerBoeing777
Topic Author

Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:24 pm

SurlyBonds wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
Ethiopian Airlines launches Istanbul and Moscow! now there are 15 destinations in Europe without a doubt this 2018 has been a great growth, I hope that the arrival of the new airplanes continue opening much more and more destinations! I just want to see you soon in Australia

This says that the route will be ADD-IST-SVO. Will ET have fifth-freedom rights to carry pax IST-SVO?

The route will be with 4 weekly frequencies with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner equipment, sera ADD-IST-SVO there are no fifth freedoms in the IST-SVO route
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG - UA

aerorobnz

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:04 pm

I think Australia would be logical, plenty of cash up Ockers waiting to have a Safari in Africa. For PER they would also pick up YYZ, ORD, EWR.JFK traffic
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

BawliBooch

Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 am

Ethiopian Govt is selling off a stake in ET - partly on the open market and partly to a strategic investor.

According to some sources, a South African Telecom major is leading the race.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

dkny

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:52 am

How many destinations does ET currently serve

berari

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 am

BawliBooch wrote:
Ethiopian Govt is selling off a stake in ET - partly on the open market and partly to a strategic investor.

According to some sources, a South African Telecom major is leading the race.

The government is selling a stake in Ethiopian Airlines and Ethiopian Telecom, as well as Ethiopian Shipping lines. The South African Telecom major is interested in Ethiopian Telecom (actually two South African Telecom companies are interested in it.) No specific interest has been talked about Ethiopian Airlines however.

ET's CEO while being interviewed the other day, alluded to the fact that the ET Group is engaged in multiple facets of aviation, from the airline itself to its MRO services, airplane parts manufacturing, catering, and a newly established logistics arm. And it seems that they will look for investment partners where it makes sense so they can further develop the sectors.

berari

Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:56 am

Ethiopian has been flying to Madrid nonstop on some days using the 737-800 since June 1. Barcelona was supposed to come online last week but it appears to have been postponed until some time in July when all flights to MAD will go nonstop (for some reason BCN is still unbookable.) The nonstop this week to MAD on the 738 made tech stop at CAI last week, something we saw last year (an alternate tech stop was MLA)

kriskim

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:27 pm

According to Ethiopian Airlines Group CEO Tewolde Gebremariam, the airline is looking at flying to MEL via BKK, SIN or SEZ.

In a related news, Ethiopian is planning to connect Africa with Australia by air transport. On the sidelines of the 74th Annual General Meeting of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and World Air Transport Summit that was held in Sydney, Australia, Tewolde told The Reporter that Ethiopian was undertaking a study on the Australian market. “We are planning to open a new route between Addis Ababa and Melbourne. We are targeting Ethiopian and other African diaspora residing in Australia,” Tewolde said. The flag carrier is planning to fly to Melbourne via Bangkok, Singapore or Seychelles.

Read More: https://www.thereporterethiopia.com/art ... ional-jets
A world built upon connectivity.

filipair

Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm

ADD-SEZ-MEL would be amazing! Offering Australians easy access to the beautiful Seychelles as well connecting opportunities across Africa and Europe. That said, a flight via BKK and SIN would probably integrate better with Ethiopian's existing network. Would a A350 be able to fly direct?

Dreaming here, but ADD-PER non-stop and ADD-MRU-SYD could be in the cards as well.

iadadd

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm hopping for a ADD-MEL nonstop, at least only a tech stop. ET needs to not add any more 5th freedoms; their European network is full of them and it looks so tacky and haphazard.

berari

Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:54 pm

iadadd wrote:
I'm hopping for a ADD-MEL nonstop, at least only a tech stop. ET needs to not add any more 5th freedoms; their European network is full of them and it looks so tacky and haphazard.

Tacky and haphazard but makes business sense. ET would not be able to serve this many destinations it weren’t for its ability to combine cities: even Rome, with historical ties and long standing service does not generate enough traffic to warrant a dedicated flight.

filipair wrote:
ADD-SEZ-MEL would be amazing! Offering Australians easy access to the beautiful Seychelles as well connecting opportunities across Africa and Europe. That said, a flight via BKK and SIN would probably integrate better with Ethiopian's existing network. Would a A350 be able to fly direct?

Dreaming here, but ADD-PER non-stop and ADD-MRU-SYD could be in the cards as well.

The great circle distance on ADD-MEL is slightly longer than newly opened ADD-ORD where ET flies the return position of ORD-ADD nonstop. Westbound flights take longer and ET may thus not be able to fly MEL-ADD nonstop. It would be nice to see technical stop on outbound only.

Flying via SIN or BKK would require a 20+ hour stay of the aircraft at MEL if it is to be coordinated with the existing Asian flight departure and arrival banks at ADD.

devron

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:16 pm

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... mber-2013/

I think Ethiopian would love to fly to MUN but no idea what is stoping them. The above artical even says that opened reservations once.

berari

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 pm

devron wrote:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/210347/ethiopian-airlines-cancels-planned-munich-service-from-december-2013/

I think Ethiopian would love to fly to MUN but no idea what is stoping them. The above artical even says that opened reservations once.

Something about their agreement with Lufthansa. There was an article a few months ago stating that they are trying to make MUC work in conjunction with LH.

globetrotter94

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm

In terms of Australia, I wonder if Ethiopian could become a competitive contender on the Kangaroo Route. According to Great Circle Mapper, LHR-ADD-SYD, at 11,500mi is only 1,000mi more than the great circle route between LHR and SYD.
6E, 9W, AF, AI, B6, BA, BI, BR, CA, DN, GA, IC, JL, KB, KL, KU, NH, QR, SQ, TG, TK, UA, VS

[email protected]

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:02 pm

globetrotter94 wrote:
In terms of Australia, I wonder if Ethiopian could become a competitive contender on the Kangaroo Route. According to Great Circle Mapper, LHR-ADD-SYD, at 11,500mi is only 1,000mi more than the great circle route between LHR and SYD.

Why would it want to? Very competitive routes (UK-Australia) and more expensive for ET to operate.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

globetrotter94

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:27 pm

[email protected] wrote:
globetrotter94 wrote:

Why would it want to? Very competitive routes (UK-Australia) and more expensive for ET to operate.

Well, they would start flights to Oz for other routes (e.g. connections to Seychelles as others have suggested), but connecting into the Kangaroo route could help fill even more seats?
6E, 9W, AF, AI, B6, BA, BI, BR, CA, DN, GA, IC, JL, KB, KL, KU, NH, QR, SQ, TG, TK, UA, VS

berari

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:20 pm

There is a US government field trip in Ethiopia right now with the US Under Secretary of Commerce traveling alongside a delegation of large US businesses. Among them is GE, which has signed an agreement to supply Ethiopian with 12 engines. We know that ET has two B789s that are pending delivery, and they are all RR Trent powered. We also know that its A350s are powered by Rolls Royce. Who can speculate what these engines are for? B77Fs? Or more B788s?

Ethiopian Airlines is procuring twelve General Electric engines valued at $444 million, as well as a separate $473.5 million 10-year maintenance contract. Ethiopian Airlines has also signed two contracts with Honeywell – a $10.2 million deal for the Bole Airport expansion and a $7.2 million Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) service contract.

https://www.borkena.com/2018/06/25/fbi- ... -airlines/

seabosdca

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 pm

berari wrote:
Who can speculate what these engines are for? B77Fs? Or more B788s?

Hot take: 777-8s?

berari

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:05 am

Ethiopian took delivery of its first 737-8 MAX yesterday. There are 29 more to be delivered. The config on the MAX gives them 6 more seats than the 154-seat 738s they now fly.

berari

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Ethiopian is resuming flights to Asmara in Eritrea on July 18. It last flew there over 20 years ago.

evanb

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:45 pm

berari wrote:
Ethiopian is resuming flights to Asmara in Eritrea on July 18. It last flew there over 20 years ago.

Wow! I'm amazed at how rapidly things have changes between Ethiopia and Eritrea. Great news for both countries!

iadadd

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:01 am

berari wrote:

Starts as 1 daily, but according to Tewolde flights will increase to multiple daily in addition to dedicated cargo flights. Exciting times ahead

berari

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 am

iadadd wrote:
berari wrote:

Starts as 1 daily, but according to Tewolde flights will increase to multiple daily in addition to dedicated cargo flights. Exciting times ahead

I'm amazed at how hastily this is all evolving. It was only a month ago that Ethiopia accepted the border decision, and as though no animosity ever existed, it's all moving quite rapidly including Ethiopian starting daily flights and everything else that's being talked about. Fares start at around $247USD round trip and while the first flight on the 18th will be on a B788, subsequent flights will be on a B738 according to posted schedules.

RainerBoeing777
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 am

berari wrote:
Ethiopian took delivery of its first 737-8 MAX yesterday. There are 29 more to be delivered. The config on the MAX gives them 6 more seats than the 154-seat 738s they now fly.

I hope for a bigger expansion in North Africa, increasing destinations in Egypt (CAI) and new routes such as ALG, CMN and TUN

ETinCaribe

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 pm

berari wrote:
iadadd wrote:
berari wrote:

I'm amazed at how hastily this is all evolving. It was only a month ago that Ethiopia accepted the border decision, and as though no animosity ever existed, it's all moving quite rapidly including Ethiopian starting daily flights and everything else that's being talked about. Fares start at around $247USD round trip and while the first flight on the 18th will be on a B788, subsequent flights will be on a B738 according to posted schedules.

Indeed great news and happened at lightening speed. I like many Ethiopians think this is all great for both countries and beyond. They will have to work out the visa and other requirements with similar speed as well. Not to nitpick, but I still prefer ET to announce these and not the government as ET's success is vastly due to its independence from government and to government's hands off approach to its management. Anyway, 18th of July will be yet another historic day when the 789 touches down in ASM. The euphoria reminds me of the US-Cuba detente a couple of years ago.

There is also news (from unidentified sources) that ET is buying 20% of Eritrean Airlines - again, would be good if ET announces that directly.
Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -fana-says

evanb

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
I hope for a bigger expansion in North Africa, increasing destinations in Egypt (CAI) and new routes such as ALG, CMN and TUN

Ethiopian have been quite conservative with North Africa, I guess mostly, because the traditional connections between north Africa and the rest of Africa is to Francophone countries. Casablanca, Algiers and Tunis are already very well connected to Francophone Africa as well as Europe, meaning the only strong connecting markets that ET could exploit are east and southern Africa, and Asia. These might be relatively limited markets from Casablanca, Algiers and Tunis, and thus a lower priority.

LAXintl

Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:31 pm

CEO says no A220. Will stick with 737 fleet as they are "better suited for the respective route"

Also no immediate plans for Airbus A350-1000 wide-body or Boeing’s 777X orders

http://cpifinancial.net/news/post/45797 ... ation-plan
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

berari

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Ethiopian is back flying into Asmara after a 20+ year absence

https://twitter.com/ETWatch/status/1019488830817165312

RainerBoeing777
Topic Author

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:49 am

Pepper456 wrote:
Open LIS and OPO to do concorrence to TAAG and TAP in Africa. Do like JJ did recently in LIS.

Ethiopian Airlines, launches seasonal flights to Lisbon, in substitution of BCN, the route goes like this ADD-LIS-MAD operated 4 times a week with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner

https://aeronauticsonline.com/ethiopian-airlines-announces-flights-to-lisbon/

berari

Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:21 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:

The ADD-IST-DME flight is now going to be two nonstop flights, one each to Istanbul and Moscow. Each scheduled on the 787.

https://twitter.com/ETWatch/status/1064688910683430912

RainerBoeing777
Topic Author

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:41 am

Ethiopian Airlines this year has the delivery of 4 Airbus A350-900XWB, 4 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner and several Boeing 737-MAX
What will your expansion plans be for this year?

America

Houston (IAH) should be your next route in North America apart from being a very strong Hub of star alliance. connects the oil countries of the region to one of the most important oil cities worldwide

Europe

Munich (MUC), Lisbon (LIS), Copenhagen (CPH) and Athens (ATH) are strong Star Alliance territories dominated by each airline in each region, MUC is growing aggressively it is important to have a strong partner in Africa with ET to offer greater destinations and connections, ET has seized a lot of strength in Scandinavia CPH would be a good option with a stopover in ATH another airport with an increasing demand an ADD-ATH-CPH route with a Boeing 737MAX would be ideal to start this route, with LIS could connect to Several cities of Portuguese colonies such as Luanda, Maputo or cities do not serve from LIS like Johannesburg and Cape Town

Amsterdam (AMS) is a much needed route in the ET network, the demand from Africa to the Netherlands is very large, ET with route network could connect AMS from any city in Africa

Asia

Islamabad (ISB) is a potential destination many airlines want to return after the opening of the new airport and the best of the security of the city

Bangalore (BLR), ET is very strong in India and adding this route would be excellent

The strongest territory of ET in Asia is China already has 4 destinations the country and the demand continues to grow cities such as Chongqing (CKG), Zengzhou (CGO) and Shenzhen (SZX) are potential destinations in addition to SZX is hub of its partner Shenzhen Airlines

Ho Chi Minh (SGN)
is another destination that has pending ET this route could be via BKK or maybe ADD-SGN-CGK triangulated with Jakarta

Australia

ET is very vicious looking for flights to Asia and turning ADD into the club of the 6 continents Melbourne (MEL) and Perth (PER) would be potential destinations

Africa

ET has few destinations in North Africa since most are well connected to Europe, but adding Casablanca (CMN) and Algiers (ALG) would be good ET could offer the option of connections like the Middle East, China and India

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos