452QX

Re: Alaska Air A321neo More to Love Livery Revealed!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 pm

QXAS wrote:
When will delivery’s start getting the AK N-number? I assume it won’t be the A321Neos but will the A320Neos be delivered as VX or AK?

All remaining A321neo orders will keep their VA registrations. A decision is yet to be made on if AS will even take delivery of the 320N.

mariner

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:08 am

bspc wrote:
Aircrafts from Toulouse don't have it, so it might be a German thing only.

Aircraft from Toulouse don't have it because "D" is a Greman registration. At Toulouse they have an "F" - as in France - registration.

Please note that "aircraft" is both singular and plural. There is no need to add an "s".

mariner
aeternum nauta

SANFan

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:55 am

packmedic wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:
Does AS mix their two premerger fleets? For example, if I was on a route that was AS only premerger, would I be able to fly on an A32X? Or do they only use repainted aircraft on these routes? Do the A32X stay within VX routes?

As of right now, all previously AS routes are on Boeing, and all previously VX routes are on Airbus. Boeing/Airbus routes will be getting switched up starting in May I think, and flight attendant crews will be cross-training July-December of this year (this I know for sure)

I know for sure that beginning with the May 20 schedule, 2 of the SAN-SEA r/t will be flown on AirBi. However, I believe there are already some former-737 routes that are being flown with VX birds, or will be before May. (For instance, I know PDX-ORD will see a 'bus starting in March.)

bb

packmedic

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:40 am

SANFan wrote:
packmedic wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:
Does AS mix their two premerger fleets? For example, if I was on a route that was AS only premerger, would I be able to fly on an A32X? Or do they only use repainted aircraft on these routes? Do the A32X stay within VX routes?

As of right now, all previously AS routes are on Boeing, and all previously VX routes are on Airbus. Boeing/Airbus routes will be getting switched up starting in May I think, and flight attendant crews will be cross-training July-December of this year (this I know for sure)

I know for sure that beginning with the May 20 schedule, 2 of the SAN-SEA r/t will be flown on AirBi. However, I believe there are already some former-737 routes that are being flown with VX birds, or will be before May. (For instance, I know PDX-ORD will see a 'bus starting in March.)

bb

Looks like SFO-PHX is 737 already now that I just looked
A319 A320 A321 A333 A388 AT72 B717 B733 B734 B734C B735 B73G B738 B739 B744 B752 B764 B772 B789 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DH8D E135 E140 E145 E170 E175 E190 MD80 MD90

452QX

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 am

SANFan wrote:
packmedic wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:

bb

I'll have to check which ones they are again, but there have been some A319/20 lines that transferred over to Skywest E175s.

SamTheGeek

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:45 am

packmedic wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:

I saw earlier today that some VX routes (specifically DCA-DAL) are flying with AK Embraers

packmedic

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:52 pm

SamTheGeek wrote:
packmedic wrote:
jubguy3 wrote:

I saw earlier today that some VX routes (specifically DCA-DAL) are flying with AK Embraers

You are correct that Skywest took over the DAL-DCA flights, as well as DCA-LGA, and many other flights out of DAL
A319 A320 A321 A333 A388 AT72 B717 B733 B734 B734C B735 B73G B738 B739 B744 B752 B764 B772 B789 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DH8D E135 E140 E145 E170 E175 E190 MD80 MD90

AtomicGarden

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
How tough would it be to have an airline sport this kind of livery fleetwise? I understand that white is cheaper and better for performance, but some airlines have fully painted birds. Is the fading between colors much more expensive to apply?

$$$ Why? AS rebranding a couple of years ago was one of the best we've seen in awhile. I liked VX every time I flew them, same with AS. VX fans need to get over the fact they are gone.

Yeah, I like AS new livery much more than the previous one, that's why I'm not talking specifically about this airline, any company that would like to have their planes with something else than white + colored tail/aft body.

USAirKid wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
How tough would it be to have an airline sport this kind of livery fleetwise? I understand that white is cheaper and better for performance, but some airlines have fully painted birds. Is the fading between colors much more expensive to apply?

AFAIK a 4-color livery is included with any new 737. Having a polished plane or more colors is extra, at least from Boeing.

So, this livery costs the same as a semi Eurowhite one? that's crazy, someone should adopt this kind of livery ASAP
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

AvObserver

Re: Alaska Air A321 Neo More to Love Livery Revealed!

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 am

QXAS wrote:
This bird should have unbeatable CASM. If this what’s rolling off of Airbus’ production lines now, the 7M10 is dead already.

I see you were being facetious but although the MAX 10 is hardly dead, it's an example of the wakeup call Boeing must have had when some of their big customers bought A321s because BCA didn't offer the right product. The MAX 10 is good but not quite good enough for some of Boeing's loyal customers so Airbus has made inroads with them. And the livery looks darn good, as well!

USAirKid

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:24 am

AtomicGarden wrote:

USAirKid wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:

AFAIK a 4-color livery is included with any new 737. Having a polished plane or more colors is extra, at least from Boeing.

So, this livery costs the same as a semi Eurowhite one? that's crazy, someone should adopt this kind of livery ASAP

Umm you misunderstood me. The More to Love bright plane must be more than four colors. The standard AS livery is five plus white. So I'm guessing AS pays a smidge more to Boeing for a five color livery than a four color livery.

767333ER

Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 am

ikolkyo wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
F9Animal wrote:
Really hopeful AS decides to keep at least the 321. It's a gorgeous plane, and looks amazing in Alaska colors! Would love to see Alaska upgrade Hawaii to the 321.

There is also the fact that it's so much better than any Boeing offering in terms of capabilities, including the ability to accept containerized cargo. That said, put this next to N493AS (the B739 in this livery).

Yet many airlines still Bulk load the A320neo family, containers aren’t much of an advantage.

As those that do ground ops and you’ll get a much different story about containers. Longhauler told us about this one once.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T

AtomicGarden

Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 am

USAirKid wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:

USAirKid wrote:

Umm you misunderstood me. The More to Love bright plane must be more than four colors. The standard AS livery is five plus white. So I'm guessing AS pays a smidge more to Boeing for a five color livery than a four color livery.

I see what you mean now. Thank you.
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

n7371f

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 am

There is much abuzz in the industry that AS has had a come to Jesus moment in regard to its original decision to install its vanilla domestic first class on cross country flights. Lots of chatter that AS is talking to seat manufacturers about a sub-fleet of cross country premium equipped first class A321's. Could it also be that AS has seen the numbers of the 321NEO vs original idea of running the 737-900ER dogs SFO-JFK and such?

EA CO AS

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 am

n7371f wrote:
There is much abuzz in the industry that AS has had a come to Jesus moment in regard to its original decision to install its vanilla domestic first class on cross country flights. Lots of chatter that AS is talking to seat manufacturers about a sub-fleet of cross country premium equipped first class A321's. Could it also be that AS has seen the numbers of the 321NEO vs original idea of running the 737-900ER dogs SFO-JFK and such?

No, just an unverified rumor from one travel blogger known for publishing clickbait.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

ASFlyer

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:44 am

n7371f wrote:

Given the number of transcon flights AS operates, as a percentage of their total flying, I can't see AS offering a premium equipped FC on all routes. On certain premium routes, it would be an interesting proposition, given the direction of the competition. That said, I'd be surprised to see them change course at this point.

estorilm

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:11 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:

$$$ Why? AS rebranding a couple of years ago was one of the best we've seen in awhile. I liked VX every time I flew them, same with AS. VX fans need to get over the fact they are gone.

I can't! I don't get to fly much, but when I was doing a lot of stuff in SFO a few years ago I was on one of their first flights IAD-SFO in a 320 that had been been built only a few months earlier (I had to stop and look at the mfg. plate by the door lol). Back then everything was unheard of, the LED lighting, the crazy infotainment, ordering food by touch screen? Chat rooms everyone in the plane can join? It was just clean and refreshing, and that image will always stick in my head.

I even got to board first! The gate agent said "at this time, I'd like to begin begin the boarding process for all guests....wearing the color red" (I had a red fleece on haha)

In SFO they'd tell jokes on the gate PA system. Everyone was always happy. Just a great airline. :(

Sorry if I'm getting OT, but this livery is a great way to close things out for those of us who will truly miss VX.

A388

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Nice livery but as someone else also said, I'm also looking more forward to seeing the first NEO's and sharklet A310's getting the standard AS livery. When is this planned?

A388

USAirKid

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:32 am

A388 wrote:
Nice livery but as someone else also said, I'm also looking more forward to seeing the first NEO's and sharklet A310's getting the standard AS livery. When is this planned?

A388

A310s??? Does AS have some time traveling international expansion ambitions?

The A320 CEOs have started getting repainted in the standard livery, N625VA is an example.

n7371f

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:07 am

Yeah? Who's that?

EA CO AS wrote:
n7371f wrote:

No, just an unverified rumor from one travel blogger known for publishing clickbait.

EA CO AS

Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 am

n7371f wrote:
Yeah? Who's that?

EA CO AS wrote:
n7371f wrote:

Gary Leff.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

NameOmitted

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 am

From the main page today:

allegiantflyer

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm

MD80MKE wrote:

It looks great!
Chester looks really good on airbus, but I would have to say he looks just a tad bit better on the 320. The green/blue swooshes on the tail end make the aircraft look longer than it actually is, very interesting.

EA CO AS

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm

PlanesNTrains

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:53 pm

EA CO AS wrote:

I agree! And nice to see it in full AS livery. I think it’s time for the A v B healing to begin. The more AS Airbii in house colors, the better.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

Continental767

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 am

Indianapolis.

AA737-823

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 am

Well, I like it, but Chester looks RIDICULOUS with a German Flag stuck into his parka!
:-D

F9Animal

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:26 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:

I have to say, riding coach on the AS 737 to Hawaii was very uncomfortable after 3 hours. I have flown on the 320 and 321 for flights as long as that, and I was more comfortable. I really hope AS keeps the 321 at least. It would be awesome if they threw them on some of the Hawaii routes.
I Am A Different Animal!!

F9Animal

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 am

F9Animal wrote:
AAvgeek744 wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:

I have to say, riding coach on the AS 737 to Hawaii was very uncomfortable after 3 hours. I have flown on the 320 and 321 for flights as long as that, and I was more comfortable. I really hope AS keeps the 321 at least. It would be awesome if they threw them on some of the Hawaii routes.

Edit!! I didn't see the 2nd page!!! I think the 321 in Alaska paint looks great! So refreshing. Absolutely gorgeous.
I Am A Different Animal!!

32andBelow

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:49 am

Continental767 wrote:

You can hardly tell with the new airbus winglets.

MrHMSH

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:00 am

seahawks7757

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:38 am

452QX wrote:
QXAS wrote:
When will delivery’s start getting the AK N-number? I assume it won’t be the A321Neos but will the A320Neos be delivered as VX or AK?

All remaining A321neo orders will keep their VA registrations. A decision is yet to be made on if AS will even take delivery of the 320N.

Actually you are not correct on this, AS will take deliveries of the 320N no matter what cause of the contract already in place, however it is a possibility that the order can be upgraded to the 321N.

seahawks7757

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:42 am

MrHMSH wrote:

Have to agree with this, Hawaiian is the best but this is a close second.

AirbusA322

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 am

So this one with VX or AS interior. ?

Red?

seahawks7757

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:43 am

AirbusA322 wrote:
So this one with VX or AS interior. ?

Red?

I believe so, they will be gutted in the next two years to match the 737 interior.

aeromoe

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 am

AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR BY B6 CO CP(2) DG DL EA EI EN FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(1) OZ(2) PA PI PT QF QQ RM RO RV(1) RV(2) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(2) ZZ 9K

77H

Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:01 am

MrHMSH wrote:

Looks amazing. Can’t wait to see this babe in HNL. As for HA, the new livery still hasn’t grown on me. Just a little too busy for my liking, especially on the shorter narrowbodies. The older livery would have looked better on the 321N IMO.

77H

AirbusA322

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Sounds like they have signed long term contracts with the VX interior mod companies. Very complex interiors that have so many unique aspects done by third parties.

JayWings

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

WOW that A321 NEO in the standard livery looks even better than I imagined it would! I can’t wait to see this beauty in person! Same goes for the More to Love A321’s!

jeffh747

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

It looks great with the Alaska livery, but the best looking A321neos are still the ones with Virgin written on the tails, with HA being a close second to me.
A318 A319 A320 A320neo A321 A321neo A332 A333 B717 B727 B734 B73G B738 B739 B752 B762 B763 B772 B788 CRJ2 DHC6 DHC8-300 E145 E190 MD82 MD83 MD90 SF340B

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos