AirbusMDCFAN
Topic Author
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 am

Updated Air Canada fleet plan calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Link/Source: https://worldairlinenews.com/2018/02/21 ... raer-190s/



"In 2019 Air Canada plans to retire five Boeing 767-300s. The 767s should be gone by late 2019 from the mainline fleet."

"The company has also decided to accelerate the retirement of the Embraer 190 fleet. The 25 Embraer 190s will now be retired before the new Bombardier CS300s are delivered in 2019. To do this, the company will retain the Airbus A319 fleet a bit longer until the Bombardier CS300s are fully delivered.

"Air Canada will receive the first Bombardier CS300 in 2019."

"Additionally, Air Canada rouge is now operating 25 Boeing 767-300s."

Will any of the remaining 763s and Airbus A319/A320s that are in the mainline fleet be headed to AC Rouge or head directly to storage.
Now the Air Canada is excelerating the phase out the E190s, are there any airlines picking up 2nd hand early to mid year 2000 E190s for their fleets
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Typo fixed
 
User avatar
Continental767
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Sad to see the mainline 763s go. Some of the most comfortable aircraft in the fleet (in Y at least...)
Indianapolis.
 
EddieDude
Posts: 6974
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:19 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:14 pm

AirbusMDCFAN wrote:
are there any airlines picking up 2nd hand early to mid year 2000 E190s for their fleets

I wonder if AM would be interested in a few.
Upcoming flights:
May: AM MEX-CUN 73H (Y), AM CUN-MEX 73W (Y).
August: KL MEX-AMS 74M (J), KQ AMS-NBO 788 (J).
 
jetmatt777
Posts: 3882
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Wonder if United would be interested in the E190's for cheap to allow themselves some more scope relief to add extra E175's.

Heck, maybe they'll have an interest in the 767 also?
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:51 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
Wonder if United would be interested in the E190's for cheap to allow themselves some more scope relief to add extra E175's.

Heck, maybe they'll have an interest in the 767 also?


Some of the AC 763s are 30 years old. I expect part-out as likely.
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:13 am

Those A319's have turned out to be such workhorses for AC. They fly them on some pretty long segments too. I've enjoyed a lot of flights on them.
 
MartyMcFlyYYC
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:32 am

With the 767 phase out, is it safe to assume YYZ-YYC-NRT will go 787?
 
346fetish
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:43 am

Will surely miss those nice mainline 2-3-2 and 2-2 Y configs. What are the main reasons behind AC's decision of phasing out the E90s?
"BA have got waterfalls in their head office. The only time we have waterfalls in the Ryanair office is when the toilet leaks."
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6387
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:51 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Some of the AC 763s are 30 years old. I expect part-out as likely.


So do I. They must have clocked quite a lot of hours and cycles between long-haul and domestic flights. The newer ones were transferred to RV.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17956
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:56 am

346fetish wrote:
Will surely miss those nice mainline 2-3-2 and 2-2 Y configs. What are the main reasons behind AC's decision of phasing out the E90s?

Economics is killing the E190. With so many efficient used narrowbody available, the ones with worse economics are retired. It has to do with the fuel and maintenance bill per passenger.

When the E-jets were ordered, small markets paid a higher premium than today to travel. So people in those markets paid an extra 33% or so. Now the premium is much less.

To others:. AC keeping the A319s implies they were offered scrap prices on the secondary market. For older A319s this is to be expected. I expected the NEO, MAX, and C-series to push down the used prices. What concerns me is that I expected that after 3,000 of the three combined had been delivered. A319s are dropping in value (from what I can tell from this, G4, and Volotea) early...

This might change my opinion on if there is a narrowbody glut...

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 13918
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 am

lightsaber wrote:

To others:. AC keeping the A319s implies they were offered scrap prices on the secondary market. For older A319s this is to be expected. I expected the NEO, MAX, and C-series to push down the used prices. What concerns me is that I expected that after 3,000 of the three combined had been delivered. A319s are dropping in value (from what I can tell from this, G4, and Volotea) early...


You cannot load containers on a C300 or Max.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
santi319
Posts: 816
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:13 am

EddieDude wrote:
AirbusMDCFAN wrote:
are there any airlines picking up 2nd hand early to mid year 2000 E190s for their fleets

I wonder if AM would be interested in a few.


Literally AM retired their 767s in 2015....
 
amadorE175
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 am

santi319 wrote:
EddieDude wrote:
AirbusMDCFAN wrote:
are there any airlines picking up 2nd hand early to mid year 2000 E190s for their fleets

I wonder if AM would be interested in a few.


Literally AM retired their 767s in 2015....


Yes, but I think that post is referencing interest in the E190s. AM Connect flies a bunch of them.
 
sixtyseven
Posts: 807
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:42 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:44 am

[twoid][/twoid]
zeke wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

To others:. AC keeping the A319s implies they were offered scrap prices on the secondary market. For older A319s this is to be expected. I expected the NEO, MAX, and C-series to push down the used prices. What concerns me is that I expected that after 3,000 of the three combined had been delivered. A319s are dropping in value (from what I can tell from this, G4, and Volotea) early...


You cannot load containers on a C300 or Max.


Who cares? Management do not care about this. People think containerized loading is such a massive deal.

The fact it didn’t have containerized loading was a PLUS for the 737 purchase, not the other way around.

An airline CEO doesn’t lose any sleep at night thinking about a baggage handler on his hands and knees chucking bags in the hold.
Stand-by for new ATIS message......
 
santi319
Posts: 816
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 am

amadorE175 wrote:
santi319 wrote:
EddieDude wrote:
I wonder if AM would be interested in a few.


Literally AM retired their 767s in 2015....


Yes, but I think that post is referencing interest in the E190s. AM Connect flies a bunch of them.


Correct my mistake!!!! Apologies!
 
LMFNINJA
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 am

Happy to hear the E190s will be retired soon.Flew on them several times YYZ-LGA in the last year or so and they are shabby and depressing and ready for the Victorville scrapyard.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2230
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 am

LMFNINJA wrote:
Happy to hear the E190s will be retired soon.Flew on them several times YYZ-LGA in the last year or so and they are shabby and depressing and ready for the Victorville scrapyard.


LOL that's not very complimentary to aircraft that are only 10-12 years old. I've always thought the E90s to be a very nice ride.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2230
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:37 am

lightsaber wrote:
346fetish wrote:
Will surely miss those nice mainline 2-3-2 and 2-2 Y configs. What are the main reasons behind AC's decision of phasing out the E90s?

Economics is killing the E190. With so many efficient used narrowbody available, the ones with worse economics are retired. It has to do with the fuel and maintenance bill per passenger.

When the E-jets were ordered, small markets paid a higher premium than today to travel. So people in those markets paid an extra 33% or so. Now the premium is much less.

To others:. AC keeping the A319s implies they were offered scrap prices on the secondary market. For older A319s this is to be expected. I expected the NEO, MAX, and C-series to push down the used prices. What concerns me is that I expected that after 3,000 of the three combined had been delivered. A319s are dropping in value (from what I can tell from this, G4, and Volotea) early...

This might change my opinion on if there is a narrowbody glut...

Lightsaber


Interesting. It looks like AC are already planning for the elimination of the E90 fleet as this summer they're largely now relegated to high RASM short-haul routes. YMM-YYZ, PDX-YYZ and 1 of 2 daily YEG-YOW are the only E90 transcons I can find (i.e. +4 hour routes). YYZ-DEN/YQR/YXE and YOW-MCO are all in the 3-3.5 hour range that are exclusively E90 in summer 2018, whereas YYT-YYZ is partially E90. Everything else is in the 0.75 hour-2.75 hour range.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
Wonder if United would be interested in the E190's for cheap to allow themselves some more scope relief to add extra E175's.

Heck, maybe they'll have an interest in the 767 also?


UA has already said they aren't that interested in a smaller narrowbody so I doubt the E190 would be of any interest...especially with the high engine maintenance costs B6 has been vocal about and AA not interested in what they have either.
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:47 am

So if they're retiring the E190 what will they be sending to MYEF(GGT) Bahamas?
 
User avatar
SQ789
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:49 am

Replacing ERJ 190 with 737 MAX as the result?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
ryan78
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:08 am

TropicalSky wrote:
So if they're retiring the E190 what will they be sending to MYEF(GGT) Bahamas?


My guess would be A319. If i'm not mistaken there was a rumor that Rouge was supposed to (or did for a while) take over the route but that was a few years ago and I don't remember if it actually happened or not. Delta has operated A319's to Exuma in the past and are currently operating 717's in the summer months so the A319 shouldn't have an issue with the 7000' runway. After the A319's are gone I guess the CS300 will take over the route...
 
ACDC8
Posts: 7762
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:56 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 am

LMFNINJA wrote:
Happy to hear the E190s will be retired soon.Flew on them several times YYZ-LGA in the last year or so and they are shabby and depressing and ready for the Victorville scrapyard.

I'll be sad to see them go. Don't know which E190s you've been on, but the ones I've been on were clean and perfect.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:21 am

aerolimani wrote:
Those A319's have turned out to be such workhorses for AC. They fly them on some pretty long segments too. I've enjoyed a lot of flights on them.


AC also uses the 319s on NHL and Toronto Blue Jays charters via Air Canada Jetz. Will AC keep some 319s longer for Jetz or would they replace those 319s with the Max 8 fleet?.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA
 
Noise
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:38 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:41 am

TropicalSky wrote:
So if they're retiring the E190 what will they be sending to MYEF(GGT) Bahamas?


E175s?
 
bpat777
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 1999 8:21 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 am

Dominion301 wrote:
LMFNINJA wrote:
Happy to hear the E190s will be retired soon.Flew on them several times YYZ-LGA in the last year or so and they are shabby and depressing and ready for the Victorville scrapyard.


LOL that's not very complimentary to aircraft that are only 10-12 years old. I've always thought the E90s to be a very nice ride.


I've never flown on an AC E90 but they do look long in the tooth from the outside too Lol. I do enjoy them on AA and B6 though. Very comfortable ride and easy on and off.
 
User avatar
767333ER
Posts: 969
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:30 am

sixtyseven wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
zeke wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

To others:. AC keeping the A319s implies they were offered scrap prices on the secondary market. For older A319s this is to be expected. I expected the NEO, MAX, and C-series to push down the used prices. What concerns me is that I expected that after 3,000 of the three combined had been delivered. A319s are dropping in value (from what I can tell from this, G4, and Volotea) early...


You cannot load containers on a C300 or Max.


Who cares? Management do not care about this. People think containerized loading is such a massive deal.

The fact it didn’t have containerized loading was a PLUS for the 737 purchase, not the other way around.

An airline CEO doesn’t lose any sleep at night thinking about a baggage handler on his hands and knees chucking bags in the hold.

Well if they thought bulk loading was better on an A320/321 sized plane they would’ve equipped their Airbuses as such, but they equipped the, for containers. This makes loading especially faster and unloading too espically on the longer plane. The arrangements of baggage can be done in the containers and be ready for loading long before th plane even arrives leaving simply the task of loading the containers, arranging bulk has to be done on the plane in a crawl space which takes more time and if the aircraft is delayed there’s another way to save time lost. It makes it easier to locate where a specific bag is on a plane need it be removed for whatever reason. It also makes it a lot easier to load other cargo on palates, try that on a 737. The A319 is much shorter which probably means there is little to no advantage to container loading rather than bulk which is why they have equipped the A319s to be bulk loaded. Not something I would thing would be called a PLUS for the 737 purchase.
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

AC may transfer some 737 MAX aircraft to rouge:

Air Canada (AC, Montréal Trudeau) has floated the idea of converting Air Canada rouge's narrowbody fleet into a high-density single-class layout, and may decide to move B737 MAX 8 aircraft to the low-cost unit.

"rouge is very competitive but now we have the dual class cabin. That's working for us from a larger perspective. It's very easy for us to convert them to a single class as we mentioned in the past which makes us even more competitive," President (Passenger Airlines), Benjamin Smith, said during a recent earnings call.


https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... th-options
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
AC may transfer some 737 MAX aircraft to rouge:

Air Canada (AC, Montréal Trudeau) has floated the idea of converting Air Canada rouge's narrowbody fleet into a high-density single-class layout, and may decide to move B737 MAX 8 aircraft to the low-cost unit.

"rouge is very competitive but now we have the dual class cabin. That's working for us from a larger perspective. It's very easy for us to convert them to a single class as we mentioned in the past which makes us even more competitive," President (Passenger Airlines), Benjamin Smith, said during a recent earnings call.


https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... th-options


While I can certainly understand the idea of transferring some of the MAX to Rouge, I'm a bit confused about the rest. When Rouge started, all 319's were single class with 3 rows of extra legroom seats up front. Then they ripped those out and replaced them with domestic J seats. Now they want to go back?
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
EChid
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J
 
sanjet
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:58 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:58 pm

SQ789 wrote:
Replacing ERJ 190 with 737 MAX as the result?


Some 319’s will be retired later as a stop gap until the c-series start arriving end of 2019.
Will Fly For Food!
 
amcnd
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 pm

EChid wrote:
Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.



They tried to sell them. UA or DL. United ended up buying 737’s, Delta airbus and C series. Think there still stuck with Boeing...
 
MO11
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:07 pm

amcnd wrote:
EChid wrote:
Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.



They tried to sell them. UA or DL. United ended up buying 737’s, Delta airbus and C series. Think there still stuck with Boeing...


No....Delta actually took delivery of all but one. They were then sold to a leasing company which leased them to Aeromexico Connect, Georgian Airways, or sold for parts.
 
NZ321
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

A319s are not numerous with the classic and even less so for the NEO variant. I'd say current gen A319s are not scrap value at this stage. Some carriers have purchased second hand after all. Just that it doesn't make sense at current pricing to purchase new NEOS for AC given their C Series order.

Removal of B763 at AC = good riddance IMHO. Dreadful ride in economy because of tight seating pitch. Business also not good. Bring on a replacement anytime soon. I dislike this aircraft on AC. Have flown a number of times. Always the least comfortable 767s I have flown.

I hear AC will be getting additional A333? Mildly positive about that.

The E190 phase out is not surprise. What an indictment on such a new airplane. Didn't make money for it's customers - yet such a recent development - much the same as the E145. Embraer is a shambles. Need to get their act together. Roll on the Series. Embraer has work to do.
Plane mad!
 
EChid
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:23 pm

amcnd wrote:
EChid wrote:
Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.



They tried to sell them. UA or DL. United ended up buying 737’s, Delta airbus and C series. Think there still stuck with Boeing...


Ahh, I was under the impression UA had gone for them. I wonder if Boeing regrets this...
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J
 
User avatar
northstardc4m
Posts: 3242
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2000 11:23 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:23 pm

NZ321 wrote:
I hear AC will be getting additional A333? Mildly positive about that.


Anything more than vapor-rumors on that? Because I've vapor-heard both more coming and retiring them? they fit a specific niche with AC, and the 788 has eaten into part of that niche. As more 789s come along and bump 788s there might be enough capacity to drop the 333s.

Though i also heard AC is close to ordering A330-800s...

And getting 3-4 more A330-300s ex-CX... or was it SQ... or leased from TAM...

And getting used 777-200LRs from somewhere to replace the 333s...

In other words till i see something more verifiable I'm not really listening. :roll:

EChid wrote:
Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.


AC has always been love/hate with the E190s (and the E175s). Passengers like them, Maintenance does not, and simply put they do the job well but they don't make enough money doing it vs the CRJ900 and A319.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm

NZ321 wrote:
Removal of B763 at AC = good riddance IMHO. Dreadful ride in economy because of tight seating pitch. Business also not good. Bring on a replacement anytime soon. I dislike this aircraft on AC. Have flown a number of times. Always the least comfortable 767s I have flown.


I don't know which other 763's you have flown, but I don't see other problem with AC 763's than the seats being worn. The seat pitch is between 31-33", so at least the same as AC787's and triples - or better, the seat itself is wider. The pods in J are worn too, but if you don't get a non-functioning pod, they are OK.

NZ321 wrote:
I hear AC will be getting additional A333? Mildly positive about that.


Yes, but bear in mind that Y won't be all that good. While the seat pitch in the previous configuration varied between 31-33", the new 3 class configuration with 244 Y seats has an uniform 31" set pitch through the whole Y cabin.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:35 pm

northstardc4m wrote:
NZ321 wrote:
I hear AC will be getting additional A333? Mildly positive about that.


Anything more than vapor-rumors on that? Because I've vapor-heard both more coming and retiring them? they fit a specific niche with AC, and the 788 has eaten into part of that niche. As more 789s come along and bump 788s there might be enough capacity to drop the 333s.

Though i also heard AC is close to ordering A330-800s...

And getting 3-4 more A330-300s ex-CX... or was it SQ... or leased from TAM...

And getting used 777-200LRs from somewhere to replace the 333s...

In other words till i see something more verifiable I'm not really listening. :roll:

EChid wrote:
Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.


AC has always been love/hate with the E190s (and the E175s). Passengers like them, Maintenance does not, and simply put they do the job well but they don't make enough money doing it vs the CRJ900 and A319.


They confirmed it during their investors call last week. 4 frames coming in early 2019. Likely to be more to follow.
 
drgmobile
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:06 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
AC may transfer some 737 MAX aircraft to rouge:

Air Canada (AC, Montréal Trudeau) has floated the idea of converting Air Canada rouge's narrowbody fleet into a high-density single-class layout, and may decide to move B737 MAX 8 aircraft to the low-cost unit.

"rouge is very competitive but now we have the dual class cabin. That's working for us from a larger perspective. It's very easy for us to convert them to a single class as we mentioned in the past which makes us even more competitive," President (Passenger Airlines), Benjamin Smith, said during a recent earnings call.


https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... th-options


While I can certainly understand the idea of transferring some of the MAX to Rouge, I'm a bit confused about the rest. When Rouge started, all 319's were single class with 3 rows of extra legroom seats up front. Then they ripped those out and replaced them with domestic J seats. Now they want to go back?


With Flair in the market and Canada Jetlines indicating it will start service, the competitive environment may be about to change and the big guys are preparing. WestJet has responded with Swoop. Air Canada is preparing also. More importantly perhaps, it's sending a message to potential investors in these new carriers that it is preparing for the competitive challenge.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 13121
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Will they add A321's, take the 737-9's, convert to 737-10?
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3088
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:50 pm

drgmobile wrote:
With Flair in the market and Canada Jetlines indicating it will start service, the competitive environment may be about to change and the big guys are preparing. WestJet has responded with Swoop. Air Canada is preparing also. More importantly perhaps, it's sending a message to potential investors in these new carriers that it is preparing for the competitive challenge.


I see the preparation for the new competitive environment rather in the new fare bucket that's about to be introduced. I don't really expect them starting to fly 189 seater 7M8's between Abbotsford and Hamilton.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:57 pm

EChid wrote:
amcnd wrote:
EChid wrote:
Man, they *really* don't like their E190s. I believe a major reason that Boeing snuck in at the last second with a MAX deal and beat out Airbus was because they agreed to purchase some of the E190s (and ended up selling them to UA, I think) as part of the deal.



They tried to sell them. UA or DL. United ended up buying 737’s, Delta airbus and C series. Think there still stuck with Boeing...


Ahh, I was under the impression UA had gone for them. I wonder if Boeing regrets this...


Doubt it, they were able to get AC to convert to almost an entirely Boeing fleet
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3135
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 pm

I know the 767s are paid for but the E190s?
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:36 pm

keesje wrote:
Will they add A321's, take the 737-9's, convert to 737-10?


The rumour is A321Neo to replace the A321ceo. I know for certain that AC and Airbus have held talks over this idea, but where those went and realistically how serious they were I have no idea. What seems to be clear is the 737 max 9 will never happen, but beyond that, I for one do not know.
 
yycdel
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:53 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
keesje wrote:
Will they add A321's, take the 737-9's, convert to 737-10?


The rumour is A321Neo to replace the A321ceo. I know for certain that AC and Airbus have held talks over this idea, but where those went and realistically how serious they were I have no idea. What seems to be clear is the 737 max 9 will never happen, but beyond that, I for one do not know.



Does that mean the current max9 on order will be converted to max8?
 
chrisa330
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:58 pm

william wrote:
I know the 767s are paid for but the E190s?


Yes, they’re all paid for. In their earnings conference call they noted that all of the E90 debt had been paid off.
 
User avatar
flybynight
Posts: 1486
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:02 pm

I would imagine 30 year old 767's will likely not fly again. Such a shame since the 767 has the best seating layout around.

Maybe Amazon would pick some up?
Heia Norge!
 
EddieDude
Posts: 6974
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:19 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for excelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm

santi319 wrote:
Literally AM retired their 767s in 2015....

I mean E-190s. They are transitioning their E-145s at the Connect fleet to larger E-170 and E-190 models. Literally.
Upcoming flights:
May: AM MEX-CUN 73H (Y), AM CUN-MEX 73W (Y).
August: KL MEX-AMS 74M (J), KQ AMS-NBO 788 (J).
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
I was really hoping Rouge would have been a failed experiment but unfortunately, it looks like Rouge is here to stay.


If I may ask, why is that? What is wrong with Rouge?
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2459
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Updated Air Canada fleet planes calls for accelerated phase out of E190s, 767s to exit by the end of 2019

Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 pm

LMFNINJA wrote:
Happy to hear the E190s will be retired soon.Flew on them several times YYZ-LGA in the last year or so and they are shabby and depressing and ready for the Victorville scrapyard.


I remember when YYZ-LGA was a mixture of 175s and 190s. Now it is solely 319s and more than likely will go all CS300

KarelXWB wrote:
AC may transfer some 737 MAX aircraft to rouge:

Air Canada (AC, Montréal Trudeau) has floated the idea of converting Air Canada rouge's narrowbody fleet into a high-density single-class layout, and may decide to move B737 MAX 8 aircraft to the low-cost unit.

"rouge is very competitive but now we have the dual class cabin. That's working for us from a larger perspective. It's very easy for us to convert them to a single class as we mentioned in the past which makes us even more competitive," President (Passenger Airlines), Benjamin Smith, said during a recent earnings call.


https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... th-options


I was really hoping Rouge would have been a failed experiment but unfortunately, it looks like Rouge is here to stay.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos