Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Themotionman
Topic Author

Odyssey Airlines launch?

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 am

I've been looking at Odyssey Airlines recently. For those of you who are unfamiliar who they are, they plan on using the CS100 with 40 business class seats from LCY to airports in New York and potentially Toronto, however their launch date still says at 2017. So when will this airline actually launch and will it be a success?

TWA772LR

Re: Odyssey Airlines launch?

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 am

Themotionman wrote:
I've been looking at Odyssey Airlines recently. For those of you who are unfamiliar who they are, they plan on using the CS100 with 40 business class seats from LCY to airports in New York and potentially Toronto, however their launch date still says at 2017. So when will this airline actually launch and will it be a success?

If they claim to begin operations, I'd already say it's a failure. And if BA of all people can't make LCY-JFK work, then I would think a no name new entry couldn't neither. It's a shame, I'd love to see more CSeries planes in the air.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

c933103

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 am

The airlines homepage say "soon" without exact date.
They probably need to wait for delivery of their CSeries?
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

c933103

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am

The airlines have a webpage at http://www.flyody.com/news.aspx that supposedly post all the news about the service but it is now virtually a page for CSeries news with the latest being Bombardier - Airbus cooperation
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!
You are now at your youngest moment in your remaining life.

eicvd

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 am

When will it launch? My guess is when a certain farm animal will also be flying around our skies.....
COYBIB

flyingphil

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:23 pm

The company is still active apparently.. although it has no employees.
Their latest accounts make interesting reading... it confirms that they have entered into a commitment to purchase ten C-Series with Bombardier. Looks like they have a lot of debts too
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
Hmm.. would be suprised if this ever gets off the ground..

AAvgeek744

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:28 am

eicvd wrote:
When will it launch? My guess is when a certain farm animal will also be flying around our skies.....

Around the same time Baltia takes flight. :rotfl:

Cunard

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 am

I'm going to type this in capitals for a reason!

I SERIOUSLY CANT UNDERSTAND WHY OTHERS THINK THIS 'VIRTUAL' AIRLINE WILL EVER GET OFF THE GROUND!

ODYSSEY AIRLINES and their proposed use of the C Series from LCY won't ever happen regardless, as others have pointed out if BA can't make a success of their current LCY to JFK business route what chance does a virtual airline such as Odyssey have!

They announced their intention of purchasing the CSeries over five years ago long before they entered commercial service, now if they were really serious wouldn't we be seeing them at LCY by now, we haven't because there is no Odyssey Airlines it's just a perfectic website that doesn't show anything other than updates regarding the C Series.

I've always been very cynical about this so called start up and the whole idea was someone's wet dream and a fantasist and those that believe otherwise are probably having the same wet dreams :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

Cunard

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 am

eicvd wrote:

SPOT ON :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

hOMSaR

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 am

AAvgeek744 wrote:
eicvd wrote:

Around the same time Baltia takes flight. :rotfl:

Maybe they could code-share, or even form an alliance along with California Pacific.
I was raised by a cup of coffee.

flyingphil

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am

It's a bit more than a wet dream and a fantasy.
It has raised quite a lot of money, has a board of directors, publishes accounts and Bombardier lists them as a customer for ten C-Series aircraft on its order book. The accounts mentions it has an apartment in New York too ??

All very bizarre.. so quite an elaborate fantasy?

Will it ever get off the ground? Will pigs fly?
BA are down to one A318 on their LCY - JFK route, does LCY even have enough parking stands or slots for more C-Series?
What about all the other luxury airlines, SilverJet, MaxJet, Eos, Etc..

PanHAM

Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:49 am

With a Name like that, a deleyed arrival is programmed. Let's hope that no one in the Management is called Homer. What really is amazing, how can People invest Money in such Projects which are doomed from the beginning.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

leghorn

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 am

The first serial number CS100 would have been fine for these 40 seat planes. Bombardier are supposed to be scrapping those first serial numbers. If they could have found a use for them they would have.