Does anyone know where these 3 gates are going? Is there room at the end of the existing L concourse to have planes park on the end? Or would this be 3 more gates at the end of the L Stinger concourse? If the Stinger, would the stinger make an L and head north for 3 gates?
Now that we are moving forward, who will be more impacted by the construction, AA or UA?
I would imagine that at no point during construction would AA, UA or any airline lose any gates, so no net loss. But, for AA, does that mean before or after their 5 new gates?
The sequencing of this will be interesting. I would imagine it would go like this:
1) T5 expansion begins construction
2) Closure and demolition of 14R/32L
3) T1C concourse expansion and new T1D concourse begin construction
4) T5, T1C and T1D construction complete
5) UA express and AC moves from T2E/T2F to T1C/T1D
6) DL moves from T2E to T5
7) 3E, AS (VX), 9K, F9, B6, NK move from T2 to T5
8) T2, E & F begin demolition
9) UA and AA still use T5 for international arrivals
10) UA starts renovation of old T2 complex closing sections at a time
11) AA takes over all of T3, G, H, K & L but starts renovation of entire T3 complex closing sections at a time
12) T2 begins construction
13) T2 completes construction
14) All of Star Alliance & One World move to T2