kabi101
Topic Author
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:47 pm

It looks like Air Astana is increasing flights to Heathrow. They are going to be going daily from 1st June

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/ ... don-route/

Any idea where the slots are coming from? Is the demand to Almaty really that big if so will will see BA jumping on the bandwagon .
It looks like BA did fly to Almaty (former BMI route it I’m not mistaken) but this was pulled in 2015

https://londonairtravel.com/2015/07/23/ ... ober-2015/
 
ScottishAirways
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Yes I am glad Air Astana Air going daily from LHR. However, where the slots are coming from I can only imagine them from maybe Airberlin but I'm not too sure.
A300, A318, A319, A320, A321, A330, A340, A350, A380, B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, B787, E190

The stupid "the plane must land in Turkey first" in Northern Cyprus policy is ridiculous. Bring back non-stop international Northern Cyprus!
 
paullam
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:08 am

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:02 pm

ScottishAirways wrote:
Yes I am glad Air Astana Air going daily from LHR. However, where the slots are coming from I can only imagine them from maybe Airberlin but I'm not too sure.


I doubt they’re coming from AB as they never flew there. A couple of years ago you could see some AB metal in LHR but these were operating for Germanwings.
712 733 734 735 737 738 739 744 752 763 77E 77L 77W 788 789 | A20N 318 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 388 | ASK21 | AT75 AT76 | BCS3 | C152 C172 C182 C210 | CR2 CR7 | DH8C DH8D | E190 | F70 F100 | LJ24 | PA31 | RJ85 RJ1H | SF34 | SU9 | YK2
 
BojamDelta
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Think BA operated this route with a B767.
will BA be watching this route closely now?
With the new A321s coming in could this be a potential future route?

Bo)am
 
GBNWB
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 pm

BojamDelta wrote:
Think BA operated this route with a B767.
will BA be watching this route closely now?
With the new A321s coming in could this be a potential future route?

Bo)am



BA were flying the route some days with a ZFW on a 767 of like 105T. The thing was empty. I’m not sure if the economy of Kazakhstan has improved since then but when BA dropped the route they were flying empty 767s.
 
BojamDelta
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 pm

GBNWB wrote:
BojamDelta wrote:
Think BA operated this route with a B767.
will BA be watching this route closely now?
With the new A321s coming in could this be a potential future route?

Bo)am



BA were flying the route some days with a ZFW on a 767 of like 105T. The thing was empty. I’m not sure if the economy of Kazakhstan has improved since then but when BA dropped the route they were flying empty 767s.


Yeah I loaded nearly empty B767 flights, sometimes 3 AKEs with as little as 80 bags, absolutely no cargo on those flights.
If Air Astana has seen a need for a daily flight surely BA will be giving it another think?

Bo)am
 
Arion640
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 pm

BojamDelta wrote:
Think BA operated this route with a B767.
will BA be watching this route closely now?
With the new A321s coming in could this be a potential future route?

Bo)am


I doubt it. I'm assuming you'd want a flat bad considering the duration of this route.

A321neos won't have them and the lay flats in the mid haul A321s are coming out.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
opticalilyushin
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Re: Air Astana Heathrow flight increase

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 am

kabi101 wrote:
It looks like Air Astana is increasing flights to Heathrow. They are going to be going daily from 1st June

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/ ... don-route/

Any idea where the slots are coming from? Is the demand to Almaty really that big if so will will see BA jumping on the bandwagon .
It looks like BA did fly to Almaty (former BMI route it I’m not mistaken) but this was pulled in 2015

https://londonairtravel.com/2015/07/23/ ... ober-2015/


Small point of order, Air Astana flies from Astana, not Almaty (though the aircraft does originate there on a different flight number- flew it 2 days ago!).

Air Astana is trying to improve their through-traffic market by amalgamating their 2 major hubs into 1 (suspected to be Astana), so maybe this is part of their plan. It's a short flight to London, but i was always a little surprised BA didn't swap their 767s for the BMed A321s.

For those who haven't been, Astana is a fascinating and booming city, it's like the Dubai of Kazakhstan. Lots of modern high rise buildings, the opposite of Almaty with it's Soviet-era architecture.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos