Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alan3
Topic Author

Gulf Air unveils growth strategy, upcoming brand refresh

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:09 am

Gulf air unveils growth and brand refresh strategy

https://worldairlinenews.com/2018/02/26/gulf-air-unveils-its-strategy-and-plans-for-2018-and-beyond-new-livery-coming/
http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/gulf-air-announces-strategic-growth-plans-1.2179556

-New livery and brand identity
-8 new destinations this year (2 in India, 2 in Saudi, 2 in Egypt, Baku and Casablanca)
-5 new Dreamliners due this year
-Increased services between 2019-2023 to Asia Pacific, Europe, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent "and, ultimately, North America".

In light of this announcement today, anyone optimistic or is their heydey done? Does it make more sense for them to just focus of being more of a mid-sized competitor to something like Oman Air or try to compete with ME3?

Any ideas of new long-haul flights they could add? (by "North America" presumably would be JFK or IAD?)

kaitak

Re: Gulf Air unveils growth strategy, upcoming brand refresh

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 am

I think their heyday was when they were the sole carrier for several other countries, not just Bahrain, but Bahrain needs a national carrier, like all the others, and GF is a fine carrier and I have no doubt that it will continue to do them proud.

I presume this means that their new 787s will be delivered in a new colour scheme? If not, I hope we'll get to see at least one of the 787s in the current scheme.

Cunard

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:42 am

Although I wasn't a huge fan of the current Gulf Air livery when it first came out I have since grown very fond of it and I was looking forward to seeing the B787 wearing it as it will no doubt look great, if they intend on a brand refresh I just hope that they don't go Euro white and keep the basics of the superb current livery.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

smi0006

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:53 am

I think it depends how you define success - as a state owned carrier, profit is not the sole driver of success, the social and economic impacts are more important.

“Gulf Air’s new corporate strategy includes expansion plans and is geared towards elevating the passenger experience, promoting Bahrain’s tourism economy and bolstering the Kingdom’s aviation, transport, tourism and business infrastructures and the aviation industry as a whole. Gulf Air’s future plans bode well for Bahrain’s aviation, transport and tourism infrastructure and the Kingdom as a whole.”
From the article stimulating and supporting broader economic diversification, leaves gulf air as an extension of government policy. I’d say they’ll be a success in this sphere.

Love the current livery, little dated. Hope we see a refresh and nothing too white!!

cougar15

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 am

I think the current livery did not survive well due to the age of the fleet. I was just looking at an A330 of theirs at a gate next to mine a while back, and the nose looked like somesort of patchwork puzzle of mismatches of colour! Patches, MX and repairs made it look absolutely awful . I always did like the livery , but it certainly not ´MX friendly´, so I will be curious as to what they come up with. Other than that, I hope they do manage to reinvent themselves, it was once a proud airline and preferred employer for some of us ´old dogs´, but the way they burn through Snr Management in recent years , I do have my doubts, wish them all the best nonetheless. Perhaps if the Govt. kept their noses out of the carriers affairs and gave Mgmt a chance to turn the carrier, they may just succeed. Sadly, (and again with best wishes), I am not holding my breath here!
some you lose, others you can´t win!

Luisvalero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:50 am

If they want to start a direct link between BAH & USA my thoughts are on IAD (previously served by UA)

Btw, I'm wondering why suddenly Oman Air & Gulf Air have decided to start CMN, is there so much demand between the Gulf and Morocco? There are also in CMN EK, QR, SV & EY

Potencial New long haul routes from my point of view could be: MAD, MXP, AMS, GVA, NBO, KUL, CAN & PVG

IndianicWorld

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:18 am

Pure madness really.

With EY struggling, EK the strong global brand and QR finding a solid place in the market, let alone TK and growing competition from Indian carriers, such an attempt to try such a plan is unlikely to be anything but a way to print red ink.

I get the national pride and perceived broader economic benefits angle, but not every country can be a global player. These plans to connect the globe seems a step too far for it now.

Unfortunately, BAH is a smaller market that has been passed by its rivals to a point that it should continue to focus on its leaner, regional operations, just like RJ has realised is likely the best option moving forward

alan3
Topic Author

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Cunard wrote:
Although I wasn't a huge fan of the current Gulf Air livery when it first came out I have since grown very fond of it and I was looking forward to seeing the B787 wearing it as it will no doubt look great, if they intend on a brand refresh I just hope that they don't go Euro white and keep the basics of the superb current livery.

Unfortunately we'll probably see a new livery that is a bit less busy. Not sure how affordable that much gold colored paint is!

Slash787

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:52 pm

In which month they are supposed to receive the 787?

MoonC

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Luisvalero wrote:
Potencial New long haul routes from my point of view could be: MAD, MXP, AMS, GVA, NBO, KUL, CAN & PVG

They tried GVA 2011 - 2012. Flights were operated 2 or 3 times a week in a BBJ 737-700 operated by PrivatAir.
Flights were dropped due to low demand.

TWA772LR

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:06 pm

They smell Etihads blood in the water and QRs blockade predicament. Let the battle begin.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

eisenbach

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Amazing how time changes - when I was young ;-) Gulf Air was THE carrier in the region!

The problem I see with Gulf Air at the moment is the political influence (Oman Air as a comparable carrier is allowed to operate more like a business unit), not much traffic to/from Bahrain (no tourism, not very much business), latent social unrests within the country and the strong carriers in the neighbourhood.

There might be also a political component, trying to damage Qatar Airways (as a mutual strategy of UAE, KSA and Bahrain).
DC-6, DC9, Do228, Saab340, Twin-Otter, C212, Fokker50, AN24, MD90, MD83, EMB120, A380, A300, A343, A346, B721, B742, B744, B748...

G-CIVP

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 pm

I hope Gulf Air fights back. It would be a shame to lose one another classic airline.

OA940

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:44 pm

It's that time of year again when you pray a great airline won't completely **** up its brand.

Also for my 2 cents worth, I believe Gulf Air (much like Oman Air) could grow significantly to compete with the ME3. I mean a fleet of 200-300 aircraft could be done. Of course the competition would be FIERCE, but they could pull it off.
A350/CSeries = bae

ikolkyo

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Slash787 wrote:
In which month they are supposed to receive the 787?

Their first aircraft is in final assembly, within the next month me thinks.

Luisvalero

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:06 pm

eisenbach wrote:
Amazing how time changes - when I was young ;-) Gulf Air was THE carrier in the region!

The problem I see with Gulf Air at the moment is the political influence (Oman Air as a comparable carrier is allowed to operate more like a business unit), not much traffic to/from Bahrain (no tourism, not very much business), latent social unrests within the country and the strong carriers in the neighbourhood.

There might be also a political component, trying to damage Qatar Airways (as a mutual strategy of UAE, KSA and Bahrain).

Bahrain might not be UAE or Qatar, but it has a significant Banking sector, with huge links to the Gulf countries, Western Europe & Asia. That's one of the reasons why Cathay Pacific flies daily to BAH from HKG (tagged with DXB)

ro1960

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:12 pm

alan3 wrote:
Gulf air unveils growth and brand refresh strategy

The article says "new brand identity". It's quite a bit more than just a refresh. Maybe you want to change the topic title.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports

Avionics09

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Luisvalero wrote:
If they want to start a direct link between BAH & USA my thoughts are on IAD (previously served by UA)

Btw, I'm wondering why suddenly Oman Air & Gulf Air have decided to start CMN, is there so much demand between the Gulf and Morocco? There are also in CMN EK, QR, SV & EY

Just look at the current traffic between Morocco and the Gulf and you'll find your answer ;-)
EK daily A380 DXB-CMN
EY serves both CMN and RBA from AUH
QR serves both CMN and RAK from from DOH (planned increased freq to RAK to daily)
AT 5x weekly CMN-DOH
SV serves CMN from RUH and JED
AT flies MED/JED/RUH
MS increased flights to CMN to 12x weekly (carries a lot of connecting pax to UAE etc filling the foid for QR)
TK replaced its A330 on its IST-CMN route for a B777( carries a lot of connecting pax to Gulf as well)

Now Oman Air and Gulf Air have announced opening a line to CMN from their respective hubs, Kuwait Air was rumoured to start CMN as well, so yeah I'd say the demand is certainly there. Also RAM used to offer Gulf destinations such as BAH MCT and KWI in code share with QR, now that QR doesn't fly there anymore the alternative would be ME3 and potential national airlines of these countries.

directorguy

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:43 pm

It's high time GF had a brand refresh. Their current logo/livery/brand identity feels somewhat cheap. The font they use needs to be replaced ASAP. Gulf Air is stepping in to fill a void left by QR. QR lost access to three major markets-Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. They were known for flying to secondary cities like HBE, LXR, TUU, ELQ etc.

L0VE2FLY

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:23 pm

directorguy wrote:
It's high time GF had a brand refresh. Their current logo/livery/brand identity feels somewhat cheap. The font they use needs to be replaced ASAP.

Their livery is one of the best, I hope they won't come up with something boring and bland just like JAL, Finnair, China Eastern, Air Canada and of course Lufthansa!

PayaLebar

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:14 am

alan3 wrote:
-8 new destinations this year (2 in India, 2 in Saudi, 2 in Egypt, Baku and Casablanca)

GF used to fly to Casablanca in the early 2000s.

PayaLebar

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:34 am

Luisvalero wrote:
Btw, I'm wondering why suddenly Oman Air & Gulf Air have decided to start CMN, is there so much demand between the Gulf and Morocco?

GF used to fly to CMN in the early 2000s. I do remember GF flying between CAI and TUN in the early or mid 80s. I am sure that the CMN route was launched sometime after TUN. As for resumption of services to KUL, my family and I welcome them back. And if they can add MAD, that will work fine with my annual assignment in Seville.
Last edited by PayaLebar on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PayaLebar

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:41 am

eisenbach wrote:

Oh yes! I have fond memories flying between Cairo and the Gulf on their L1011 to connect onto SQ 747 back to Singapore. Popular with SE Asian students.

pmartin

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:23 am

MoonC wrote:
They tried GVA 2011 - 2012. Flights were operated 2 or 3 times a week in a BBJ 737-700 operated by PrivatAir.

They tried MXP and dropped it as well, dropped everything in fact. It was in the middle of the Arab Spring, tanks in the street does not help. In my view, GVA has a chance, as much as MXP.

directorguy

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am

PayaLebar wrote:
Luisvalero wrote:
Btw, I'm wondering why suddenly Oman Air & Gulf Air have decided to start CMN, is there so much demand between the Gulf and Morocco?

GF used to fly to CMN in the early 2000s. I do remember GF flying between CAI and TUN in the early or mid 80s. I am sure that the CMN route was launched sometime after TUN. As for resumption of services to KUL, my family and I welcome them back. And if they can add MAD, that will work fine with my annual assignment in Seville.

Never knew GF operated CAI-TUN.

CAI was of course one of their most important routes, along with Beirut, London and Bombay (circa early '70s). Traditionally, GF operated to CAI from AUH, BAH, and DOH. I remember flying nonstop AUH-CAI as late as 2005.
GF during that time had double-daily A340/A330 service into Cairo, and was one of the most important flights of the day. Nowadays it's down to double-daily A320.

hynithuchi

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:02 am

pmartin wrote:
MoonC wrote:

They tried MXP and dropped it as well, dropped everything in fact. It was in the middle of the Arab Spring, tanks in the street does not help. In my view, GVA has a chance, as much as MXP.

In fact it was their 3rd attempt at GVA and none lasted more than 2 or 3 years. But I agree, they never stood a chance in 2011/2012 due to the Arab Spring and the simultaneous beginning of EK flights into GVA. They reentered a very competitive market at a difficult time and ( IMO) unsuitable equipment,

PayaLebar

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:59 pm

directorguy wrote:

CAI was of course one of their most important routes, along with Beirut, London and Bombay (circa early '70s). Traditionally, GF operated to CAI from AUH, BAH, and DOH. I remember flying nonstop AUH-CAI as late as 2005.
GF during that time had double-daily A340/A330 service into Cairo, and was one of the most important flights of the day. Nowadays it's down to double-daily A320.

I had wanted to fly GF to Tunis but ended up with Tunis Air, which was okay.

Those days, CAI had a lot more airlines than it does now. Most of the SE Asian airlines had launched services to CAI (GA, SQ, MH, TG, BI and even PR!) in the mid to late 80s. And then you have JL with their office at the Nile Hilton. Those were the great days.

MoonC

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:04 pm

hynithuchi wrote:
pmartin wrote:
MoonC wrote:

In fact it was their 3rd attempt at GVA and none lasted more than 2 or 3 years. But I agree, they never stood a chance in 2011/2012 due to the Arab Spring and the simultaneous beginning of EK flights into GVA. They reentered a very competitive market at a difficult time and ( IMO) unsuitable equipment,

I admit that the turmoil in the Arab world escaped me when I sent my message.
I did read somewhere that they operated a BAH (AUH?) - GVA - JFK flights onboard A330-200s many moons ago, do any of you know more about that?

hynithuchi

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:28 pm

MoonC wrote:
hynithuchi wrote:
pmartin wrote:

I did read somewhere that they operated a BAH (AUH?) - GVA - JFK flights onboard A330-200s many moons ago, do any of you know more about that?

You're right, at the end of their first period through GVA in the early nineties, they operated 2 flights BAH/GVA/JFK vv. with A-340 aircraft. This lasted only 3 or 4 months before they closed down GVA, but I don't remember what happened to JFK.

aerorobnz

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm

I think they should try and form an alliance/airline group within the gulf with Oman and Etihad to try and broaden their region's appeal. That way they could divvy up the routes a bit more, add more frequency options in markets they all serve, reduce services in marginal markets they all serve to improve yield and wack a codeshare on the other airlines all while maintaining their all-important branding.and flag carrier credentials. I'm being honest when I say, I will likely never fly those 3 airlines or visit those 3 countries individually, but if they were part of a greater airline group that allowed me to earn miles I would happily buy a return ticket SIN-AUH-GVA-BAH-SIN
If I could earn points on one account for all 3 I would route via Oman on one trip and BAH the next and build up loyalty to Elite level as a group, where if I was flying them individually I may not have enough to warrant brand loyalty. Granted the way the petty 'sibling' quarrels between Gulf states and their Royals would make this unlikely to the point of being improbable
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

OGLOBAL

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:55 pm

aerorobnz wrote:
I think they should try and form an alliance/airline group within the gulf with Oman and Etihad to try and broaden their region's appeal. That way they could divvy up the routes a bit more, add more frequency options in markets they all serve, reduce services in marginal markets they all serve to improve yield and wack a codeshare on the other airlines all while maintaining their all-important branding.and flag carrier credentials. I'm being honest when I say, I will likely never fly those 3 airlines or visit those 3 countries individually, but if they were part of a greater airline group that allowed me to earn miles I would happily buy a return ticket SIN-AUH-GVA-BAH-SIN
If I could earn points on one account for all 3 I would route via Oman on one trip and BAH the next and build up loyalty to Elite level as a group, where if I was flying them individually I may not have enough to warrant brand loyalty. Granted the way the petty 'sibling' quarrels between Gulf states and their Royals would make this unlikely to the point of being improbable

Actually that's a good idea basically revive gulf air but with 3 different airlines
i am not so sure Oman Air will be up to it though i mean they are doing pretty good on their own

IndianicWorld

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:06 pm

aerorobnz wrote:

Maybe if it was GF and EY merging it could find some value, but the big challenge is always political.

One or the other will want as much of the pie as possible, which will create frustration at every turn.

A combined network though gives them 2 hubs, which does split the connectivity, creating a challenge, but it gains access to a larger overall proportion of population.

It won’t happen though so we will likely have each country trying to follow the leader down a road to red ink for national pride.

directorguy

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:32 am

MoonC wrote:

GF operated to JFK and IAH, I believe using Airbus A340-200 aircraft, 4 times a week. Their US services stopped at either GVA or LCA.
I think the arrangement was to originate the flight in BAH on certain days, and AUH on other days.

PayaLebar wrote:
directorguy wrote:

Those days, CAI had a lot more airlines than it does now. Most of the SE Asian airlines had launched services to CAI (GA, SQ, MH, TG, BI and even PR!) in the mid to late 80s. And then you have JL with their office at the Nile Hilton. Those were the great days.

Interesting bit of trivia-in Downtown Cairo, one can still see markings (usually stickers and other memorabilia) in travel agencies of airlines long gone...TWA, Sabena etc.
Air India also few to CAI, and their office remained in Cairo for many years after they had suspended service.
The only East Asian airline serving CAI after SQ left was KE (who operated ICN-TAS-CAI) but I believe they have suspended service.

I feel like CAI is the "KUL" of the Middle East when it comes to maintaining airline service if you know what I mean.

Luisvalero

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am

directorguy wrote:
MoonC wrote:

GF operated to JFK and IAH, I believe using Airbus A340-200 aircraft, 4 times a week. Their US services stopped at either GVA or LCA.
I think the arrangement was to originate the flight in BAH on certain days, and AUH on other days.

PayaLebar wrote:
directorguy wrote:

Interesting bit of trivia-in Downtown Cairo, one can still see markings (usually stickers and other memorabilia) in travel agencies of airlines long gone...TWA, Sabena etc.
Air India also few to CAI, and their office remained in Cairo for many years after they had suspended service.
The only East Asian airline serving CAI after SQ left was KE (who operated ICN-TAS-CAI) but I believe they have suspended service.

I feel like CAI is the "KUL" of the Middle East when it comes to maintaining airline service if you know what I mean.

I Think that CAI and BEY were the DXB/AUH of that time, one the political centre of the Middle East and the other one the Leisure Shopping and Banking destination of the Middle East

Vasu

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am

I don’t like how GF has two different fonts on different aircraft types! Sort it out please...

cedarjet

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 am

JFK was served via Geneva and after that station closed, via Larnaca (and maybe nonstop JFK BAH, not sure). There was a tag on to Houston for a while too (obviously no local traffic JFK IAH). All A340-300.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

LH748

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:12 pm

I very much hope they drop the updated font which just looks cheap to me, especially the Arabic tayran al-khalij طيران الخليج makes the beautiful Arabic writing look bulky and dated.
I would be quite disappointed if they dropped the golden scheme though because it makes them recognizable and it was my absolute favorite livery when they introduced it.
306 310 318 319 320 321 333 343 388 ATR72 733 737 738 739 743 744 748 752 753 763 764 772 77W 788 CRJ7 CRJ9 E170 F100 MD11 RJ1H
AA AB AC AF AK AZ BA DE DL EW FD FR HF HG IB IR MF KU LH LT LX OD TG TK TP UA VJ VN WN W6 YP YW

PayaLebar

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:27 pm

directorguy wrote:

Speaking of TWA, the office was originally QANTAS. Also, besides Air India, PIA was flying to CAI and was popular with the Malaysian Al-Azhar students. Their office is near to Medan Talaat Harb, where quite a number of Airline Offices are located.

Interesting history - I was on the inaugural SQ flight from SIN to CAI on November 4th 1984 and the once weekly flight had a strange routing: SIN-BKK-CAI-AMS. Those days nothing fancy is offered for inaugural flight but the service was exceptional. SQ was a hit with Egyptians residing in Australia (before EK, EY & QR). Strangely, it was much cheaper for me to buy a round-trip ticket to PER than to SIN and benefit with two free stopovers in SIN for both the outward and return leg. Such great memories.

A9CBAH

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:34 am

GF has issued a tender for the wet lease of an A320 and A321 this summer - keep an eye out for those

klwright69

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:05 pm

This is the perfect time for Gulf Air. They are perfectly positioned to serve Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Egypt, now that QR was forced out.
This is a huge blow to QR. A lot of you seem to underestimate.
QR ran wide bodies to all over KSA, and now nothing.

directorguy

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
directorguy wrote:

Speaking of TWA, the office was originally QANTAS. Also, besides Air India, PIA was flying to CAI and was popular with the Malaysian Al-Azhar students. Their office is near to Medan Talaat Harb, where quite a number of Airline Offices are located.

Interesting history - I was on the inaugural SQ flight from SIN to CAI on November 4th 1984 and the once weekly flight had a strange routing: SIN-BKK-CAI-AMS. Those days nothing fancy is offered for inaugural flight but the service was exceptional. SQ was a hit with Egyptians residing in Australia (before EK, EY & QR). Strangely, it was much cheaper for me to buy a round-trip ticket to PER than to SIN and benefit with two free stopovers in SIN for both the outward and return leg. Such great memories.

Very interesting.
I completely forgot that QF had an office in Cairo-I remember seeing that office/logo as a child in the 1990s. QF never really served CAI (if they did it must have been intermittent). Air India was 1 Talaat Harb, and the logo remained until just a few years ago.
SQ maintained SIN DXB CAI until recently when CAI was cut altogether. MS operated CAI SIN SYD in the 90s using A340s as well.
I believe Royal Brunei also served CAI in the 90s which would have been popular with Malaysians I imagine.

A9CBAH

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:23 am

klwright69 wrote:
This is the perfect time for Gulf Air. They are perfectly positioned to serve Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Egypt, now that QR was forced out.
This is a huge blow to QR. A lot of you seem to underestimate.
QR ran wide bodies to all over KSA, and now nothing.

SSH, CMN, HBE, GYD, CCJ, and BLR have been timed to connect extremely well with ex-DMM, RUH, and JED flights (and all other GCC flights in general).

There's no doubt which market GF is going after, and all the best to them. Perhaps they've actually got a shot now by filling the gap left by QR. QR used to operate to every one of the 8 new destinations (except SSH), and was often the only full service carrier. GF is now going to replace them

UPS757Pilot

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 am

kaitak wrote:
I presume this means that their new 787s will be delivered in a new colour scheme? If not, I hope we'll get to see at least one of the 787s in the current scheme.

Saw it on the public tour at the #1 spot today. The tail looks awesome!

UPS757Pilot

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 am

kaitak wrote:

A9CBAH

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:47 am

UPS757Pilot wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Any photos you can share? We've heard very little about the new livery except that the falcon will supposedly have its wings spread

NeBaNi

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:51 pm

A9CBAH wrote:
UPS757Pilot wrote:
kaitak wrote:

Any photos you can share? We've heard very little about the new livery except that the falcon will supposedly have its wings spread

It already does?

toxtethogrady

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:11 pm

cedarjet wrote:
JFK was served via Geneva and after that station closed, via Larnaca (and maybe nonstop JFK BAH, not sure). There was a tag on to Houston for a while too (obviously no local traffic JFK IAH). All A340-300.

Frankly, if they couldn't make IAH work, there are probably not many other cities in North America that would be successful. Perhaps JFK and Toronto, but not IAD.

A9CBAH

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:51 pm

787-9 rolled out with the new tail

https://instagram.com/p/BgHeoQ3AzxZ/

Samrnpage

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:29 am

hmmmm not sure yet

atcanobbio

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 am

A9CBAH wrote:
787-9 rolled out with the new tail

https://instagram.com/p/BgHeoQ3AzxZ/

eeeek! if that's really the tail, i'm already disappointed! The tail on the current livery already looks modern imo. no need to change that!