unnayan
Topic Author

Rumour : Etihad may sell stake in Jet

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 pm

PIEAvantiP180

Re: Rumour : Etihad may sell stake in Jet

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:04 pm

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for DL to get a way in and own another piece of a global airline. How much did EY pay for their original stake in Jet.

aemoreira1981

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Delta, or a consortium of DL, KL, and AF needs to buy that stake and then get 9W into SkyTeam...their ties are closer to 9W than EY’s is...their one smart investment.

Antarius

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:29 pm

PIEAvantiP180 wrote:
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for DL to get a way in and own another piece of a global airline. How much did EY pay for their original stake in Jet.

379 million USD for 24%

Source: https://www.etihad.com/en-tw/about-us/e ... -alliance/
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

mwhcvt

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Out of interest are there any rules on foreign ownership in India, or could a foreign owner take on the entire company?
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)

Planesmart

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Everything is for sale at the right price, which is probably lower today than last year.

klakzky123

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 pm

mwhcvt wrote:
Out of interest are there any rules on foreign ownership in India, or could a foreign owner take on the entire company?

Foreign airlines are limited to 49% ownership. But foreign investors that aren't airlines can technically own up to 100%.

OzarkD9S

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:32 pm

QR wants to start a 100 plane Indian airline, would this be the better way to go? But would EY sell to QR?
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

TryToFlySomeday

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:46 pm

EY should just sell to DL.
Pakistan's aviation sector is coming back. It won't be as strong as our eastern neighbor, nowhere close, but it's going to grow over time. Stand by and watch.

Born to Pakistani parents near ORD; raised and based near ORD.

lightsaber

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:04 am

Wow... I thought 9W was there one smart and strategic purchase. Something is up if they are selling. Then again, Jet isn't growing and Indigo and SpiceJet are...

Planesmart wrote:
Everything is for sale at the right price, which is probably lower today than last year.

True. But why is EY selling?

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

WPvsMW

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 am

Glen asks Vijay, "What should we offer? By the way, why are they selling?"

studentdrbev

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:45 am

lightsaber wrote:
But why is EY selling?

Looks like they are looking forward to 'course correction' following their failure at Alitalia and Air Berlin.

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 541_1.html
FYI: Someone who goes by the name 'binayak' had posted the link in the Indian Aviation - 2018 thread

CaliguyNYC

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 am

My guess is that Etihad is selling because Jet is pushing a ton of NA traffic through AUH. Jet has become super close to DL/VS/KL/AF. Also DL/AF/KL seem to want to invest in Jet. My guess is AF will offer Etihad that they will retain ASF/KL’s partnership with Etihad and still have Jet push some traffic through AUH (like to Africa) in return for Etihad selling their Jet stake to them. So everyone wins. I would have prefered DL investing in Jet but I think the JV is with AF/KL/9W and not with DL

lightsaber

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:20 am

I missed Jet had a bad 4th quarter:
Basically, yield is down where other earnings is all that stopped a loss:

amp/www.livemint.com/Money/pU6Dw6dw87XO485r9Ei90K/Aviation-Jet-Airways-has-a-bumpy-landing-in-the-December-qu.html%3ffacet=amp&utm_source=googleamp&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=googleamp
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

neomax

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 am

Are y'all serious?

You can't even book a Delta flight with a connection to Jet, and now DL should buy 9W because they're "close?" Being a SkyMiles partner means about as much as Delta saying it's interested in launching flights to the Persian Gulf- nothing.

I have heard few ideas on A.net more ridiculous, this thread should honestly be locked because the mere suggestion is so stupid.

fiestyemus

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:04 am

neomax wrote:
Are y'all serious?

You can't even book a Delta flight with a connection to Jet, and now DL should buy 9W because they're "close?" Being a SkyMiles partner means about as much as Delta saying it's interested in launching flights to the Persian Gulf- nothing.

I have heard few ideas on A.net more ridiculous, this thread should honestly be locked because the mere suggestion is so stupid.

That is untrue. You can most definitely book a Delta flight with a connection to Jet both on Delta and Jet's websites.

global1

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:32 am

If Etihad sells, I predict the likely buyer will be DL along with AF/KL, just as they bought SQ's stake in VS. Most likely for less than what Etihad paid.
I also see DL at some point reinstating service with their own metal from the US.
Probably a return to BOM.

VTORD

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:44 am

neomax wrote:
Are y'all serious?

Yes you can. DL sites display flights operated by 9W and vice-versa. It's too much work to post a screenshot so you'll have to just go to the site(s) and try.

Cunard

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 am

VTORD wrote:
neomax wrote:
Are y'all serious?

Yes you can. DL sites display flights operated by 9W and vice-versa. It's too much work to post a screenshot so you'll have to just go to the site(s) and try.

Isn't it unreal that neomax was so positive about his comments and even suggested that the thread be locked when in fact he was totally wrong from the start.

It's always best to check these sort of things before posting neomax and by doing so you wouldn't come across as you did, others could have always quoted you in writing ''Are y'all serious''!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

neomax

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 am

Cunard wrote:
VTORD wrote:
neomax wrote:
Are y'all serious?

Isn't it unreal that neomax was so positive about his comments and even suggested that the thread be locked when in fact he was totally wrong from the start.

It's always best to check these sort of things before posting neomax and by doing so you wouldn't come across as you did, others could have always quoted you in writing ''Are y'all serious''!

I checked it 5 minutes before I posted. Unless something changed in those 5 minutes, you cannot book a 9W flight via the DL website.

In case anyone is wondering what I checked, DEN-BOM 4/12/18-4/19/18. I do not see any 9W options, only AF/KL.

ShinyAndChrome

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:06 am

neomax wrote:
Are y'all serious?

Calm down, it's a rumor thread for crying out loud. And don't say threads should be locked so willy nilly. People might start saying the same of your posts.

To get back on track, both DL and QR aren't necessarily out of the question considering both of their recent statements and actions. That said, 9W has been moving closer and closer into the SkyTeam orbit lately with the planned AFKL JV and hiring an ex-DL exec to be CEO.

For QR, they said they want a high degree of control of their hypothetical Indian venture and I'm skeptical that 9W would want to cede that kind of control after their EY experience.

CaliguyNYC

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:18 am

neomax wrote:
Cunard wrote:
VTORD wrote:

I checked it 5 minutes before I posted. Unless something changed in those 5 minutes, you cannot book a 9W flight via the DL website.

In case anyone is wondering what I checked, DEN-BOM 4/12/18-4/19/18. I do not see any 9W options, only AF/KL.

I searched those same dates and Jet shows up via AMS and CDG as a Delta codeshare. Jet shows up a ton on US-India searches. AF/KL have already announced their partnership with Jet (and I even think a metal neutral JV). Plus there has been talk of a KL/AF investment in 9W. It’s as if DL & AF decide which one of them invests where.

VTORD

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:32 am

neomax wrote:

That must be the booking engine then. I tried SFO-BOM on DL website and BOM-ATL on 9W - both return on not the exact dates but a couple of days apart. They sure as hell showed up on each other's website. In fact DL even displayed a VS-9W combo. So yeah it works.

ShinyAndChrome wrote:

Calm down, it's a rumor thread for crying out loud.
For QR, they said they want a high degree of control of their hypothetical Indian venture and I'm skeptical that 9W would want to cede that kind of control after their EY experience.

:D + :checkmark:

777law

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 am

neomax wrote:
Cunard wrote:
VTORD wrote:

I just ran a hypothetical itinerary on delta.com - ATL - COK on 14 March. The first routing that comes up is the following:

ATL - LHR DL4365 operated by Virgin.

LHR - BOM DL7571 operated by Jet

BOM - COK DL7546 operated by Jet.
If its not a Boeing I ain't going

mwhcvt

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:10 pm

klakzky123 wrote:
mwhcvt wrote:

Foreign airlines are limited to 49% ownership. But foreign investors that aren't airlines can technically own up to 100%.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I could see IAG being interested but I’m not sure they would without the chance to eventually own the entire airline which evidently isn’t a possibility
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos