Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AirbusMDCFAN
Topic Author

Emirates Airline boss says US rivals 'need to grow up' and end the nastiest feud in the airline industry

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 am

Link/Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/emirates ... nes-2018-2

"Emirates Airline president Sir Tim Clark believes a truce in his company's feud with the US trio of American, Delta, and United Airlines could be very beneficial for everyone involved. At the same time, the long-time airline boss decried the tactics employed by his rivals."

"They need to grow up and we need to have a mature way of going about our business," Clark told Business Insider in a recent interview."

"According to Clark, the US3 haven't been able to show any direct harm done to them by the presence of Emirates and its fellow Middle Eastern carriers Etihad and Qatar Airways in the US market."

The airline version of the Hatfields vs the McCoys.

neomax

Re: Emirates Airline boss says US rivals 'need to grow up' and end the nastiest feud in the airline industry

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:53 am

Well said. Unfortunately for the US3, two of them are run by spectacularly incompetent management teams who have not the slightest inkling of rational thought, much less the ability to end this feud.

flydude380

Re: Emirates Airline boss says US rivals 'need to grow up' and end the nastiest feud in the airline industry

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:03 am

It would be nice to see this feud end. However, if only certain airlines like Qatar, stop making such derogatory comments.

As for Norwegian and other low-costs... it is time for a firmer stance against them expanding!

SelseyBill

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:56 am

flydude380 wrote:
As for Norwegian and other low-costs... it is time for a firmer stance against them expanding!

Why exactly ?

As with Southwest/Ryanair/easyjet and the asian LCC's in the short-haul sector, Norwegian and others are allowing millions of new customers to experience air travel at budget prices, expanding what is an already growing sector.

Have no idea whether the LH LCC model will succeed, but it sure as hell is fun watching......

....and STC is right. I'm tired of listening to the US3 constantly belly-aching about nasty foreigners muscling in on 'their' market.

It would be nice to see the US3 team up and form a new joint venture L/H LCC based in Dubai, and give Emirates a run for their money; and you know what; Clark would welcome it......

SelseyBill

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 am

flydude380 wrote:
.......if only certain airlines like Qatar, stop making such derogatory comments......

Derogatory comments ?

Like ? Please list some.......

planemanofnz

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am

SelseyBill wrote:
flydude380 wrote:
.......if only certain airlines like Qatar, stop making such derogatory comments......

Derogatory comments ?

One example was AAB's comments on US flight attendants last year, at an event in DUB:

At a gala in Dublin, Ireland last week to celebrate Qatar Airways' launch of its Dublin-Doha route, Al Baker told the audience that "the average age of my cabin crew is only 26 years."

"So there is no need for you to travel on these crap American carriers," Al Baker said. "You know you're always being served by grandmothers on American carriers."

:roll:

See: https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-t ... andmothers.

Cheers,

C.

flydude380

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 am

SelseyBill wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

Why exactly ?

As with Southwest/Ryanair/easyjet and the asian LCC's in the short-haul sector, Norwegian and others are allowing millions of new customers to experience air travel at budget prices, expanding what is an already growing sector.

Have no idea whether the LH LCC model will succeed, but it sure as hell is fun watching......

....and STC is right. I'm tired of listening to the US3 constantly belly-aching about nasty foreigners muscling in on 'their' market.

It would be nice to see the US3 team up and form a new joint venture L/H LCC based in Dubai, and give Emirates a run for their money; and you know what; Clark would welcome it......

It is because of LCC carriers in Europe as well as those who flock to work for them, they have created a race to to the bottom, being part of the reason why legacy carriers are cost-cutting and it is impacting customers as well as those of us working in the industry!

And do you really believe the low-costs are there to think about the consumer? If you have no need to check a bag, no need to eat the horrid food, no need for IFE etc... I can understand. But, once you start wanting those extras, you may as well pay to fly a legacy carrier!

I’m glad the US carriers are on their game when it comes to having a stance on these carriers. I’m also happy to see long-time customers of legacy carriers looking down their noses at such carriers and are smart enough not to take the bait, as snobby as that may sound.

flydude380

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 am

planemanofnz wrote:
SelseyBill wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

Derogatory comments ?

One example was AAB's comments on US flight attendants last year, at an event in DUB:

At a gala in Dublin, Ireland last week to celebrate Qatar Airways' launch of its Dublin-Doha route, Al Baker told the audience that "the average age of my cabin crew is only 26 years."

"So there is no need for you to travel on these crap American carriers," Al Baker said. "You know you're always being served by grandmothers on American carriers."

Cheers,

C.

Thank you for beating me to it...

neomax

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:20 am

planemanofnz wrote:
SelseyBill wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

Derogatory comments ?

Cheers,

C.

Let's not pretend that the US3 don't sling mud and bash the ME3 either, they attempted to link the Gulf carriers to 9/11 and then got their hand slapped when that backfired in spectacular fashion. I think it's fair to say that saying extremely reckless things is not unique to either side. For all the stupid stuff AAB says, DL does its absolute best to constantly try and poke the bear with a stick so they shouldn't be surprised and cry when it bites.

parapente

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 am

As the previous thread stated,they will get no help from Trump.He is all about manufacturing when he says 'America first' and these foreign airlines buy a shed load of US metal.They just need to 'get on with their own business'.Open skies means just that.

Nicoeddf

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 am

planemanofnz wrote:
SelseyBill wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

Derogatory comments ?

Cheers,

C.

He could have spared the use of the word "crap", but the average age on US3 long haul F/As is preeeetty high, it seems.
That musn't translate in bad service, at all. I have had excellent (and crappy) service from the very young and the very old in the cabin.
But true it remains on the face of it.

To the thread Topic: right he is, STC.
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god

Tedd

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

I agree with STC, the nonsense that goes on between them is childish & beneath them all. They have huge
responsibilities in hauling people around the globe in the safest way possible & can do without any these
distractions. Perhaps without said distractions the US3 could possibly put more time & effort into improving
service to their customers, as in my experience it`s been wanting for many years now.

scbriml

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am

flydude380 wrote:
And do you really believe the low-costs are there to think about the consumer? If you have no need to check a bag, no need to eat the horrid food, no need for IFE etc... I can understand. But, once you start wanting those extras, you may as well pay to fly a legacy carrier!

Keep flying that legacy flag, meanwhile, the rest of us will be flying cheaper! :white:

By the way, my cheaper fare on Norwegian to FLL included baggage, two meals and all the IFE I could take. :yes:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

worldranger

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:33 am

One day a US3 next gen CEO will wake up and realize the advantages of a first mover play with an EK codeshare.

jumbojet

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 pm

neomax wrote:
Well said. Unfortunately for the US3, two of them are run by spectacularly incompetent management teams who have not the slightest inkling of rational thought, much less the ability to end this feud.

No, its not well said,, Thats his side of the story. Until the ME3 stop with the continued tens of millions of dollars of unfair subsidies then there can never be a truce. Plane and simple. I for one hope the US3 don't cave. In fact, Trump should put a complete end to these cute little JFK-Europe-US routes. Enough already.

Mortyman

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:21 pm

flydude380 wrote:

Norwegian is fully within their rights and the legal frameworks of already negotiated aviation agreements. How do you see a firmer stance to be conducted ? Furthermore, it's not Norwegian and similare airlines that are the problem and the address for such complaint.

SomebodyInTLS

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 pm

jumbojet wrote:
neomax wrote:

No, its not well said,, Thats his side of the story. Until the ME3 stop with the continued tens of millions of dollars of unfair subsidies then there can never be a truce. Plane and simple. I for one hope the US3 don't cave. In fact, Trump should put a complete end to these cute little JFK-Europe-US routes. Enough already.

They took our jeeeeerrrrbbsss!!!

What a load of unsubstatiated (untrue) rubbish.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

TonyBurr

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

If the US3 actually offered a good product, consistency and service then there would not be a need for all this. QATAR offers a far better product than any US3. It is time for them to grow up. Get rid of the horrible employees and remember that it is a service industry.
I have no sympathy for the US3

Nicoeddf

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:38 pm

jumbojet wrote:
neomax wrote:

Okay, let's be realistic here. ALL of the successful legacy carriers in the world, that includes US3, that includes the big EURO-carrier as well as the large Asian "state-carrier" have received billions and billions in subsidy to nowadays be where they are.

- Pre-deregulation anyone for the US? Regulated fares and traffic so as not to compete properly formed the BASIS of all the legacies are nowadays. They couldn't be as dominant as they are, without this heritage.
- State-owned EURO and ASIAN Carriers - same story. What they are today rests on a foundation of subsidies and protection from "back in the time"

While I firmly oppose unfair subsidies, let's not pretend they haven't happend on a tremendous scale in US, EU and Asia. And now everybody is crying foul with the US3 being by far the loudest while the impact is ridiculuously small for the handful of routes the ME3 are flying.

That Euro & Asian Carriers have been comparatively quiet in recent years goes to show it isn't as black and white as the US3 seem to make it. EU3, QF, SIA, CX etc. are far far far more impacted.
Go and compete. End of story.

Or introduce tariffs for the detriment of everybody, mostly yourselves... ;) Worked splendidly in the worlds economic history...
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god

Revelation

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm

STC is not angry over childish behavior.
He's angry because there's some basis to the accusations being made, and if they are proven right, EK will find itself in an existential crisis.
If it was about childish behavior, he wouldn't be reacting as strongly as he has been.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Mortyman

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:43 pm

flydude380 wrote:

And do you really believe the low-costs are there to think about the consumer?

Do you think that the US3 are there to think about the consumer ?

Ofcourse not. they are there first and foremost for their owners / shareholders. Their customers come further down on the list, if at all. It's a business.

par13del

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 pm

So who exactly is competing on routes that EK flies to the USA?

mjoelnir

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Revelation wrote:
STC is not angry over childish behavior.
He's angry because there's some basis to the accusations being made, and if they are proven right, EK will find itself in an existential crisis.
If it was about childish behavior, he wouldn't be reacting as strongly as he has been.

As their is no basis to the accusations, beyond trying to past EK black by association, talking about the M3 while offering proof that QR and EY are subsidized, this spat does sound rather silly from the US side in regards to EK.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 pm

TonyBurr wrote:
If the US3 actually offered a good product, consistency and service then there would not be a need for all this. QATAR offers a far better product than any US3. It is time for them to grow up. Get rid of the horrible employees and remember that it is a service industry.

Huh? I am a Delta flyer and I can tell you that DL offers really good service in J. US origin premium travelers have stayed pretty loyal to US carriers because of FF perks plus US carriers really handle IRROPS well (at least DL does). Going to EU, I would fly DL over KL and AF any day. When I've flown EY and QR in J, IRROPS are a coin toss as is service. The ME3 have really hurt the US3 with foreign based travelers (meaning non US) and casual coach travelers. Looking back, I would say the US3's (and their alliances) biggest miscalculation was India and OZ. These two source countries, with the UK added in, propelled the ME3 (and still do). When ever new routes or alliances pop up in any of these three countries the ME3 feel it.

william

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 pm

TonyBurr wrote:

Check the US3's financials, they don't need our sympathies.
Last edited by william on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

william

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Mortyman wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

And do you really believe the low-costs are there to think about the consumer?

Do you think that the US3 are there to think about the consumer ?

Ofcourse not. they are there first and foremost for their owners / shareholders. Their customers come further down on the list, if at all. It's a business.

True, any airline exists to move people. Vote with one's wallet on how to be treated being transported. And don't get mad if the majority of flyers do not agree with one's opinions on service or its worth.
Last edited by william on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

william

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:45 pm

To anyone knowledgeable about the EK. How does the pay of the EK pilots and FAs compare to the US4 (stop leaving out SWA, they do carry the most pax in the US)?

longhauler

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:55 pm

I don't understand Sir Tim Clark's complaint.

He is accusing the US3 of being childish, but ... have the ME3 been denied any access to the American market? Do they not already have everything for which they asked? Does it really matter if "he said this" or "she hurt my feelings" when your airline is already flying as many Americans as it wants (or can)?

Or is this just a shot across the bow in case the United States starts to think about restricting access?

The only thing I can imagine is that he thinks that some Americans are avoiding the ME3 due to this rhetoric. But as I have said in other threads, there is a no more patriotic bunch of people than Americans. Proud of their country and its products. No amount of prattling and gurgling by Sir Tim is going to get a Southern Baptist from Alabama off a Delta airplane onto an Emirates airplane!
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

Mortyman

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:24 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
TonyBurr wrote:

Huh? I am a Delta flyer and I can tell you that DL offers really good service in J. US origin premium travelers have stayed pretty loyal to US carriers because of FF perks plus US carriers really handle IRROPS well (at least DL does). Going to EU, I would fly DL over KL and AF any day. When I've flown EY and QR in J, IRROPS are a coin toss as is service. The ME3 have really hurt the US3 with foreign based travelers (meaning non US) and casual coach travelers. Looking back, I would say the US3's (and their alliances) biggest miscalculation was India and OZ. These two source countries, with the UK added in, propelled the ME3 (and still do). When ever new routes or alliances pop up in any of these three countries the ME3 feel it.

Perhaps, but have you tried the US3 in economy ? Middle Eastern, Asian and European Airlines are far better when it comes to product and service even in economy.

N766UA

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:41 pm

“Grow up...” says the guy who still takes an allowance from his mom.

ilovelamp

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Another thing that needs to end immediately is the conflict of interest between EK's CEO and his position leading Dubai's main aviation safety organization (forgot the name).

kaitakfan

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:41 pm

worldranger wrote:
One day a US3 next gen CEO will wake up and realize the advantages of a first mover play with an EK codeshare.

And then layoff how many of their US citizen employees?

Lofty

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm

I think the whole situation is childish and hypercritical. How can the US3 say anything about the ME3 getting subsidise when the US3 received bankruptcy protection and what about the tax relief.

DCAfan

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm

My best take as what's going on is that the UAE is resisting the airline financial disclosure requirements recently agreed to by Qatar with the US government. The source of the resistance may be Etihad rather than Emirates. However, Emirates has to tow the UAE line.

I suspect the US is threatening to take away fifth freedom traffic rights if the UAE doesn't play ball. Wouldn't it be ironic if Emirates ends up paying for the sins of Etihad?

neomax

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:09 pm

N766UA wrote:
“Grow up...” says the guy who still takes an allowance from his mom.

What the hell are you talking about?

worldranger

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:53 pm

kaitakfan wrote:
worldranger wrote:

None- US3 don’t compete on any of the DXB directs which feed one stop to multiple points in Asia, Africa and beyond.

Richard28

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:01 pm

kaitakfan wrote:
worldranger wrote:

Qantas seems to have done very well since its partnership with EK....

worldranger

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Richard28 wrote:
kaitakfan wrote:
worldranger wrote:

Qantas seems to have done very well since its partnership with EK....

Which contributed to them ordering Boeing 787s which supports American jobs along with EK and their massive 787/777X orders.

The US3 aren’t about American jobs, we all know that - it’s a pseudo attempt at pulling at patriotic strings with the sole objective of making more money for their stake holders by eliminating competition and more choice for the consumer.

If it’s About American Jobs - dump the Euro made Airbuses and buy American only.

The US3 also know that there is a huge difference between QR/EY and EK - but competitively EK (and it’s audited profitable results) are the biggest threat - so they fake news in their PR and here we are today.

burnsie28

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

TonyBurr wrote:

You mean how Emirates just announced a refresh to their 77L that still includes 2x2x2 business class and now a social area in between two sets of business class seats without a full height divider plus 10 abreast in back, meanwhile the US3 pretty much have all gone fully to 1x2x1 business class seating (all direct aisle access) plus Premium Economy and in the case of Delta staying with 9 abreast on their 777's... The ME3 offer up a lot of smoke and mirrors. While a few of their products are much much better, only less than .05% of people could afford them (The Residence comes to mind). Also even the US3 with as much money as they are making currently couldn't afford to buy that many widebody planes that quickly and then replace them on rather low year cycles without some sort of financial backer.

cledaybuck

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:01 pm

longhauler wrote:
The only thing I can imagine is that he thinks that some Americans are avoiding the ME3 due to this rhetoric. But as I have said in other threads, there is a no more patriotic bunch of people than Americans. Proud of their country and its products. No amount of prattling and gurgling by Sir Tim is going to get a Southern Baptist from Alabama off a Delta airplane onto an Emirates airplane!
Baloney. Offer him a better value, and he will be on your plane.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

Qatara340

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:19 pm

They should group up and adhere to the Chicago convention transit agreement allow QR access to their airspace. Clear and simple.
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله

Swadian

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 pm

This seems to be DL's problem on the US end and EK/QR's problem on the ME end. I don't see UA/AA or EY whining all the time, though EY has retrenched to the point where they are less of a threat than even TK. Let's not forget than TK has more flights to the US than EY.

airzona11

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 pm

scbriml wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

Keep flying that legacy flag, meanwhile, the rest of us will be flying cheaper! :white:

By the way, my cheaper fare on Norwegian to FLL included baggage, two meals and all the IFE I could take. :yes:

That is the hole in all the legacy carriers arguments and why the LCCs have had success and are here to stay. Their base fares are lower in many cases, with ala carte options to enhance the trip, making it comparable if not better than legacy products. Most legacy carriers are simply turning their current Y fares in "economy basic" and making you build up from there.

klm617

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:28 pm

flydude380 wrote:
SelseyBill wrote:
flydude380 wrote:

Why exactly ?

It is because of LCC carriers in Europe as well as those who flock to work for them, they have created a race to to the bottom, being part of the reason why legacy carriers are cost-cutting and it is impacting customers as well as those of us working in the industry!

I’m glad the US carriers are on their game when it comes to having a stance on these carriers. I’m also happy to see long-time customers of legacy carriers looking down their noses at such carriers and are smart enough not to take the bait, as snobby as that may sound.

Corporate greed has created a market for these low cost carriers and competition in the market place is good for the customer.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:35 pm

The hypocrisy amazes me here from all of you who reply to these posts on your cheaply made Asian electronic devices as you drive around in your foreign made cars. Stop trying to deprive the American traveling public have having affordable airfare options for international travel. We now live in a world market those are the facts of life live with it.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

FlyHappy

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Mortyman wrote:

Perhaps, but have you tried the US3 in economy ? Middle Eastern, Asian and European Airlines are far better when it comes to product and service even in economy.

curious what your context is?

US3 economy (btw, do you mean domestic US or international routes?) isn't markedly different than EU and Asian legacies. Some are good, some are bad, most just adequate. Save for outliers like SQ, JAL (which are quite excellent, IMO). I mean, do you really think BA, AF, Garuda have superior Y experience? When you add in the LCC's that abound in EU and Asia, are you really suggesting that Ryanair , AirAsia offer a superior Y product? Don't get me started on the big Chinese carriers.

I've got no great love for the US3, but methinks they are severely over criticized, when in reality, they are right in line with the rest of the world. That is - if much of the rest of the world (outside of EU) weren't so fixated with pretty, young female F/A's.

BTW, I've not yet had the pleasure of trying your hometown Norwegian. I look forward to it ;)

enilria

Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 pm

klm617 wrote:
Corporate greed has created a market for these low cost carriers and competition in the market place is good for the customer.

Using DOT Form 41, here are the profits for the U.S. carriers on their Intl ops. Hard to see the purported financial carnage the ME3 cause?

Atlantic YE3Q2017
DL Revenue 6.06B Profit 775m
AA Revenue 4.9B Profit 97m
UA Revenue 6.2B Profit 420m

Arion640

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:11 pm

burnsie28 wrote:
TonyBurr wrote:

You mean how Emirates just announced a refresh to their 77L that still includes 2x2x2 business class and now a social area in between two sets of business class seats without a full height divider plus 10 abreast in back, meanwhile the US3 pretty much have all gone fully to 1x2x1 business class seating (all direct aisle access) plus Premium Economy and in the case of Delta staying with 9 abreast on their 777's... The ME3 offer up a lot of smoke and mirrors. While a few of their products are much much better, only less than .05% of people could afford them (The Residence comes to mind). Also even the US3 with as much money as they are making currently couldn't afford to buy that many widebody planes that quickly and then replace them on rather low year cycles without some sort of financial backer.

Ahh yes 1/3 airlines (Delta) keeps 9 a breast 777's, a huge achievement.

Meanwhile American fly multiple daily frequencies over the Atlantic with 10Y 777's and ULH flights to Australia/NZ/China with 9Y 787's. United are doing the same.

The ME3 are no worse for narrow seats than 2/3 of the US3.

Mortyman

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:14 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

US3 economy (btw, do you mean domestic US or international routes?) isn't markedly different than EU and Asian legacies. Some are good, some are bad, most just adequate. Save for outliers like SQ, JAL (which are quite excellent, IMO). I mean, do you really think BA, AF, Garuda have superior Y experience? When you add in the LCC's that abound in EU and Asia, are you really suggesting that Ryanair , AirAsia offer a superior Y product? Don't get me started on the big Chinese carriers.

I've got no great love for the US3, but methinks they are severely over criticized, when in reality, they are right in line with the rest of the world. That is - if much of the rest of the world (outside of EU) weren't so fixated with pretty, young female F/A's.

BTW, I've not yet had the pleasure of trying your hometown Norwegian. I look forward to it ;)

I am talking about international longhaul and no, not Ryanair or the likes and not Norwegian either. I am talking legacies such as KLM, Airfrance, Lufthansa, SAS, Finnair, British Airways etc vs United, Delta and American primarely.

FlyHappy

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm

Mortyman wrote:
FlyHappy wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

I am talking about international longhaul and no, not Ryanair or the likes and not Norwegian either. I am talking legacies such as KLM, Airfrance, Lufthansa, SAS, Finnair, British Airways etc vs United, Delta and American primarely.

You really , truly, honestly believe those Euro legacies offer a clear cut better experience than the US3 in international long-haul , Y cabin? I find that surprising and counter to opinions relayed to me by nationals of UK/France, in particular. But hey - these are subjective opinions, of course - each to their own.

Personally, my last US3 longhaul in Y was DL TPAC and UA/DL TATL, on perfectly fine planes, seats, service, amenities and meals as expected given rather modestly priced Y fares. Not sure what would be so lacking that the European carriers would have made a different impression. As I previously mentioned, if I could have taken these same flights on SQ, I most certainly would have (and expected a 40% price premium, too).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos