Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am

First A320 routes will be YUL-Cozumel/Holguin. A321s flights are so far scheduled to start in May.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -oct-2018/

These are the first two aircraft:

Airbus A320 -212 1416 D-AICK Condor ferried 05mar18 SXF-KEF-YUL prior wet-lease to Air Transat ex F-WDZ
Airbus A320 -212 1437 D-AICL Condor ferried 01mar18 SXF-KEF-YUL prior wet-lease to Air Transat ex F-WWBG


https://youtu.be/NDQs5lYfUHY

I believe it's first time since winter 2003/2004 that TS will operate that aircraft family.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:38 pm

As expected, TS has began ops with their latest addition in the fleet. C-GCKU is today operating TS712/713 YUL-HOG-YUL and is currently on the return journey. Laster to day it will serve the return trip TS992/993 YUL-CZM-YUL and should be back at Montreal at 1:55am tomorrow.
 
Jamie514
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:13 pm

Congrats TS! here’s to a many years of A320 series ops :)
 
AIRTRANSAT767
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:01 pm

I can not wait to see the A321 I do not know if there are new winglets?
i love air transat and fan all boeing
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 1323
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 am

As the AC Airbus NB fleet shrinks, it's nice to see some new ones coming into our skies, keeping the planespotting interesting!
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:29 am

My usual source at YUL has posted this first day ops video: https://youtu.be/kGqOMTl4HkA

Not sure about the yellow engines.
 
GianiDC
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:37 am

Is this part of the Air Transat/Thomas Cook (Condor) partnership as the planes come from Condor and are wet-leased? I remember a pic of an Airbus A 330-200 of Air Transat in full Thomas Cook Colors flying for Condor.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm

GianiDC wrote:
Is this part of the Air Transat/Thomas Cook (Condor) partnership as the planes come from Condor and are wet-leased?


Yes it is.
 
Jamie514
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:51 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
My usual source at YUL has posted this first day ops video: https://youtu.be/kGqOMTl4HkA

Not sure about the yellow engines.



There have recently been several leased 737 with Europe Airpost yellow all over the fuselage. Be happy Condor only put yellow on the nacelles!

When they take a frame they are keeping year round, it’ll get done right...eventually.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Jamie514 wrote:
There have recently been several leased 737 with Europe Airpost yellow all over the fuselage. Be happy Condor only put yellow on the nacelles!


I know that, it's just that the A320 has the whole new livery of Transat but with yellow engines. It's not like the Europe Airport that only get the tiles and tail logo.
 
Jamie514
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Jamie514 wrote:
There have recently been several leased 737 with Europe Airpost yellow all over the fuselage. Be happy Condor only put yellow on the nacelles!


I know that, it's just that the A320 has the whole new livery of Transat but with yellow engines. It's not like the Europe Airport that only get the tiles and tail logo.


But Condor base colour was white already so all TS did is slap titles and tail logo here too, no?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 am

Jamie514 wrote:
Be happy Condor only put yellow on the nacelles!


In fact there's more yellow than just the nacelles.

Jamie514 wrote:
But Condor base colour was white already so all TS did is slap titles and tail logo here too, no?


Have you watched both videos I linked in this thread ? You'd have noticed the differences.
 
Jamie514
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Jamie514 wrote:
Be happy Condor only put yellow on the nacelles!


In fact there's more yellow than just the nacelles.

Jamie514 wrote:
But Condor base colour was white already so all TS did is slap titles and tail logo here too, no?


Have you watched both videos I linked in this thread ? You'd have noticed the differences.


Yes I have. Sorry, my initial comment made it sound like I hadnt.

I was operating on the assumption these are decals because it is a wetlease and I was told on good authority that the first plane in the new livery last fall was actually all decals. But its also possible they just painted the fuselage and not the engines for a wet lease. It a bit different than what they did with recent seasonal 737s though!
 
ryan78
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:08 pm

Jamie514 wrote:
Yes I have. Sorry, my initial comment made it sound like I hadnt.

I was operating on the assumption these are decals because it is a wetlease and I was told on good authority that the first plane in the new livery last fall was actually all decals. But its also possible they just painted the fuselage and not the engines for a wet lease. It a bit different than what they did with recent seasonal 737s though!


The A320's are in fact wrapped with decals, however they are not wet-lease aircraft. They are dry-lease and are operated by Transat pilots and FA's. The reasons the engines weren't wrapped, or so I am told, had to do with approvals from some governing body like Transport Canada or Condor. Not sure who exactly or what exactly didn't allow them to be wrapped though... And to be honest, engine wraps aren't all that common anyways.

Also the first aircraft in the new livery last year, C-GTSN, is not a wrap and is 100% paint. You might be confused as it flew from GIG-YUL with a temporary wrap over-top of the aircraft to not spoil the surprise of the livery reveal. When it got to YUL and set up in the hangar, they peeled the wrap off the night before the reveal.

And finally to touch on the seasonal 737's compared to the A320's, when Transat got its first 737 in 2014 they wrapped it in the full livery. Probably has something to do with publicity, branding etc. Same could probably apply to the A320's. They will also stay a lot longer than any of the winter-seasonal 737's, hence why those aren't wrapped in the full livery. Sunwing does the same thing too, they just slap their tail and titles on the aircraft for a few months, or do an entire fuselage sticker advertising resorts or destinations.
 
Jamie514
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:13 pm

ryan78 wrote:

The A320's are in fact wrapped with decals, however they are not wet-lease aircraft. They are dry-lease and are operated by Transat pilots and FA's. The reasons the engines weren't wrapped, or so I am told, had to do with approvals from some governing body like Transport Canada or Condor. Not sure who exactly or what exactly didn't allow them to be wrapped though... And to be honest, engine wraps aren't all that common anyways.

Also the first aircraft in the new livery last year, C-GTSN, is not a wrap and is 100% paint. You might be confused as it flew from GIG-YUL with a temporary wrap over-top of the aircraft to not spoil the surprise of the livery reveal. When it got to YUL and set up in the hangar, they peeled the wrap off the night before the reveal.

And finally to touch on the seasonal 737's compared to the A320's, when Transat got its first 737 in 2014 they wrapped it in the full livery. Probably has something to do with publicity, branding etc. Same could probably apply to the A320's. They will also stay a lot longer than any of the winter-seasonal 737's, hence why those aren't wrapped in the full livery. Sunwing does the same thing too, they just slap their tail and titles on the aircraft for a few months, or do an entire fuselage sticker advertising resorts or destinations.


Thanks for the additional info! I should not have used the term wetlease, was just following the term used in the OP.

I think you're right - I have confused the ferry wraps on GTSN with the final livery.

Re 737s, it seems like several are in full livery. I am making an assumption they are the year round planes. Then there are other seasonal temps, as you mentioned done like Sunwing with a tail wrap and titles. Speaking of, remember these? Heh


If as you say these A320's are going to be around longer than winter-seasonal, I still think TS will eventually repaint the engines or figure out getting a wrap approved.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 pm

ryan78 wrote:
The reasons the engines weren't wrapped, or so I am told, had to do with approvals from some governing body like Transport Canada or Condor. Not sure who exactly or what exactly didn't allow them to be wrapped though... And to be honest, engine wraps aren't all that common anyways.


Perhaps it would be easier, however more costly at first, to get white ones instead of painting or wrapping.

Jamie514 wrote:
Speaking of, remember these? Heh


Yes, I remember the Virgin's. They were around for three winters.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:51 am

Looks like the second A320 is to enter service today.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-gckr
 
ryan78
Posts: 359
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:12 am

Quick update. The 2 A321's Transat will be getting are ex Aeroflot birds. VP-BEE and VP-BEI, to become C-GEZD and C-GEZJ. Both frames are just over 8 years old. On March 31st, C-GEZD will ferry KUN-FCO for paint. It is scheduled to then ferry FCO-YUL on April 9th for intro to service sometime in May. The other will ferry KUN-FCO at a later date.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2574
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Not too excited about the addition of all these second-hand 320/321s... The ONES I am dying to see are the new LRs...I know, I know...must be patient!!!
 
AIRTRANSAT767
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:36 pm

Hello 1 A321 arrived a former aeroflot

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

thanks
i love air transat and fan all boeing
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Indeed:

Airbus A321 -211 4099 C-GEZD Air Transat delivery 12apr18 Kaunas (Lithuania)-KEF-YUL ex VQ-BEE
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Fri May 11, 2018 10:42 am

Some of the routes to be served by the types next winter have been announced:


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... es-in-w18/
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm



Seen returning from AMA.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Some of the routes to be served by the types next winter have been announced:


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... es-in-w18/


Evidently there will be more than YOW-PUJ 1x weekly for the 320. In fact, that's actually not replacing a 738, but is a new frequency (should read as increasing from 2x to 3x weekly).
 
Speedalive
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:


Seen returning from AMA.

Looks really sharp!
 
Speedalive
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Air Transat A320/321 operations starting March 10th, 2018

Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 pm

I wonder if AT will be changing their livery to have bolder titles. The side profiles on their website show the planes with bigger and bolder titles, which looks much nicer imo.. It's probably just made by somebody without an eye for detail though, sadly...
Image

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos