MalevTU134

Re: Emirates start BCN-MEX

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
In any case, I don't see the excitement about this route. I could understand the excitement is they were to announce something like DXB-BCN-PTY that no one would otherwise serve (Copa cannot serve it, and LEVEL or Norwegian are not going to serve it). For BCN, it would be much better to have Aeromexico, with a hub in MEX to connect further into Mexico and Central America. With EK in that route, Aeromexico is gone.

I agree with you partially, for PAX having the route is great, however like you said it could be much better to have AM and the network out of MEX.

jcleal wrote:
PTY, yes, but it was postponed, postponed and then cancelled even before the first flight. Rumours on this board said that there were dates with zero (0) bookings.

I am not sure about that, but I think that one of the main problems was that Copa promised something to EK and later Copa changed the conditions and possibilities of connecting pax between both, Maybe because of Skyteam members pressure.

The route is actually good for both BCN and MEX. Wouldn't worry that much about not being AM flying between MEX and BCN, in these times of code-share or attractive interline, there'd be a fair % of connecting traffic in MEX, BCN and DXB.

Rumor's that when CM noticed the future bookings and the imminent EK flight cancellations to come, code-sharing EK was going to force CM pay to fly the cancelled flights passengers between their origins and destinations.
IMHO, There was so much hype about EK flying to PTY and IMHO, it was to please some people grandiose ego about Panama being Dubai.
Had EK studied its entry to PTY as a tag-on from a very attractive and accesible European airport, at least thrice weekly to start, probably EK could be flying to PTY by now, partly via Europe party non-stop.

Agreed 100%.

dcajet

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 pm

razokamek wrote:
pabloeing wrote:
DXB-BCN-MEX in B777-300ER

No, I think that it will be served in 777-200LR, like DXB-FLL and DXB-GRU-SCL

And how would you know that? The only authoritative source for that information is Emirates and thus far, the only source has been a Catalonian civil servant, the Secretary of State for Housing, Transportation & Infrastructure, Mr. Julio Gómez-Pomar after a meeting in Dubai with some VP of something at Emirates. The Catalonian government is only too happy to pump up BCN in its struggle with the crown and the central government in Madrid. Until we hear from EK, Madrid and Mexico, please lets keep those 777s & 380s at their gates.
"Unattended children will be given espresso and a free kitten"

EddieDude

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Several comments.

1. EK never planned to fly DXB-PTY-MEX with their own metal as some have suggested. As far as I know, EK's plan was to codeshare with CM or whomever in order to have said carrier feed MEX O&D passengers at PTY for the flights to DXB (pretty much how EK is currently working with JetBlue in order to offer MEX-MCO-DXB in a single ticket).

2. With respect to TK, they have also had their sights on MEX for a while. Flying via DUB or HAV is not that great an idea. I think that the A359 or the 789 might be the aircraft that allows them to finally launch MEX nonstop. We'll see. For the sake of variety, I hope we finally see a nonstop IST-MEX (I withhold my opinion regarding the possibility of financial success though haha).

3. As to whether EK will have traffic rights between MEX and BCN, I believe the Mexico-UAE bilateral treaty provides for a longish list of European airports (intermediate stops) to/from which EK would have fifth freedom rights when serving Mexico. I am quite sure BCN is one of these but it would be nice if someone else had the treaty handy and could confirm. If the treaty allows and if the Spanish authorities are okay, then I think this could definitely happen.

4. I never understood why AM did not return to BCN once it received all these Dreamliners (yes, a few more -9s are yet to arrive, but they have now a number of 787s that is significantly higher than the number of 767s and 777s that AM had when they served BCN). To me, it is either a dropping the ball thing or a clear sign that MEX-BCN's yields were too low or even non-existent (MEX-MAD on the other hand is very profitable). Since it is likely that the MEX-BCN ship has sailed for AM, AM would do well to codeshare with EK. Let's see if DL allows this.

5. I was very hopeful that DXB-Switzerland-MEX would happen. It would have been awesome to have a brand new connection to a country in Europe that has no service to MEX. Either GVA or ZRH would have been great. Anyway, that was not meant to be, so DXB-BCN-MEX is the next best thing. The entrance of EK to the MEX-BCN market should generally pressure MEX-Spain fares downwards.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

dcajet

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:09 pm

EddieDude wrote:
To me, it is either a dropping the ball thing or a clear sign that MEX-BCN's yields were too low or even non-existent (MEX-MAD on the other hand is very profitable). Since it is likely that the MEX-BCN ship has sailed for AM, AM would do well to codeshare with EK. Let's see if DL allows this.

BCN is high traffic, low yielding, In fact, it is low cost airline central, both in Spain and in Europe. MAD continues to be the high profits airport in Spain for long hauls from "Iberoamerica". AM needs to do no further than looking at the mirror that EZE-BCN has become: works fine for the likes of Level or Norwegian, bad idea for the likes of AR or IB.

Codesharing with EK? Not so much if DL allows it, more a matter if EK is willing to. EK continues to be at the top of their game, they have eschewed alliances and codeshare agreements (QF being the exception - but they had the upper hand there). EK does not need them, and if they get into them, it will be on its terms.

adamh8297

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 pm

dcajet wrote:
EddieDude wrote:
To me, it is either a dropping the ball thing or a clear sign that MEX-BCN's yields were too low or even non-existent (MEX-MAD on the other hand is very profitable). Since it is likely that the MEX-BCN ship has sailed for AM, AM would do well to codeshare with EK. Let's see if DL allows this.

BCN is high traffic, low yielding, In fact, it is low cost airline central, both in Spain and in Europe. MAD continues to be the high profits airport in Spain for long hauls from "Iberoamerica". AM needs to do no further than looking at the mirror that EZE-BCN has become: works fine for the likes of Level or Norwegian, bad idea for the likes of AR or IB.

Codesharing with EK? Not so much if DL allows it, more a matter if EK is willing to. EK continues to be at the top of their game, they have eschewed alliances and codeshare agreements (QF being the exception - but they had the upper hand there). EK does not need them, and if they get into them, it will be on its terms.

Interjet would be the logical partner for EK in Mexico.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

alexwm

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:37 pm

dcajet wrote:
razokamek wrote:
pabloeing wrote:

And how would you know that? The only authoritative source for that information is Emirates and thus far, the only source has been a Catalonian civil servant, the Secretary of State for Housing, Transportation & Infrastructure, Mr. Julio Gómez-Pomar after a meeting in Dubai with some VP of something at Emirates. The Catalonian government is only too happy to pump up BCN in its struggle with the crown and the central government in Madrid. Until we hear from EK, Madrid and Mexico, please lets keep those 777s & 380s at their gates.

Mr. Julio Gómez-Pomar is a member of the Spanish government, not the Catalan one.

talonone

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 pm

[quote="SQ789"]When will they began service to MEX?[/pquote]

Wright after the pigs will start flying.
AENA ( Spanish airport authorities) and Fomento ( Spanish transport ministery) did not negotiated nothing with EK.
Rumours and nothing much.
The space and human stupidity are endless. Maybe the space is not... but the human stupidity for sure!

jmmadrid

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 am

It's confirmed. Spanish authorities gave their OK.
Here's the information directly from the Ministerio de Fomento's website.
Sorry, link in Spanish only.
http://www.fomento.gob.es/MFOMBPrensa/N ... e28e016336

santi319

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 am

jmmadrid wrote:

Yeah but Mexico won't.... also where all these slots comming from ?

MalevTU134

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 am

santi319 wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but which of these airports is slot constrained? MEX? BCN?

MalevTU134

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:06 pm

santi319 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
santi319 wrote:

Please excuse my ignorance, but which of these airports is slot constrained? MEX? BCN?

MEX is severely slot constrained..

Thank you, wasn't aware of that. So, even less of a chance of a positive outcome on the Mexican side of things, I suppose...

santi319

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:08 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
santi319 wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

worldranger

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Gaining traction in more mainstream media.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/busin ... xico-city/

jmmadrid

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:59 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
santi319 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

Thank you, wasn't aware of that. So, even less of a chance of a positive outcome on the Mexican side of things, I suppose...

Emirates have the money, the power, the business contacts, the influence, the cojones, etc etc to get slots anywhere they want. Look no further than LHR, it cannot be worse than MEX.

Also, if you read carefully the Ministerio de Fomento's document, it says that a-priori the route wasn't viable (read bilateral) but they made a "tweak" to make it possible. Could it be that they found a way to include EK in Spain-Mexico's bilateral so that Mexico has little to no say on the matter?

DalRiada

Re: EMIRATES start BCN-MEX

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:08 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
If ET can make LAX > DUB> ADD work , TK can easily make MEX >DUB > IST work

....bit of a non sequitur, don't you think?

Although ET’s routes to traditional Irish-US markets have nothing to do with TK expanding to Mexico via Dublin, there is a small possibility of it happening.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.indepen ... 64396.html

If any LatAm city were to get a direct from DUB, I’d say it would be MEX or GRU.

migair54

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm

dodgers702 wrote:
I remember reading an article that Mexican authorities were negotiating both with Level and Emirates about granting 5th freedom rights for the BCN-MEX flight. Emirates was making a case that it would attract the business clientele while with Level it would be more of the leisure pax. I am assuming they chose Level then? Haven’t read anything what was the outcome until this rumor popped up.
razokamek wrote:

I don't think Level need to have 5th freedom rights between BCN and MEX, however maybe they need to get some clearance because the current bilateral. EK is the one that needs the 5th freedom and needs to have that approve from both sides.

pabloeing wrote:

That could work better than a B77W with first class, however I think that will only work if they increase BCN to 3 daily, but is EK going to increase BCN to 3 daily?? Currently BCN is 2 daily, 1 A380 some days 2 class plane and 1 B77W, but not long ago it was 2 daily A380, the route between BCN and DXB is quite busy so adding some pax to BCN could make it too little to have only 1 A380 and 1 B77L.

alexwm wrote:
Let's hope this becomes a reality! Barcelona had a similar 5th freedom route in the past, with SQ operating SIN-BCN-GRU and back

That was a bit different because SQ had the flight when Spanair was alive, so they made some more pressure for it to happen, and they were planning to connect pax via BCN with Spanair network. Emirates will be on its own.

KrustyTheKlown

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:45 pm

santi319 wrote:
jmmadrid wrote:

Interjet or Volaris could sell them the slots, or even Alitalia (which is about to suspend it's Rome flight and may never restart it due to bankruptcy).

The Mexico-UAE bilateral allows Mexico-UAE flights with intermediate stops in any country and it also allows for 5th freedom rights (see annex, note 5).

EK006

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:49 pm

http://www.aviation24.be/airlines/emirates-airlines/emirates-will-join-barcelona-and-mexico-with-a-daily-flight-this-year/

The article states that the Secretary of State for Infrastructure, Transport and Housing, Julio Gómez-Pomar will make the announcement in Dubai, and EK are hoping to start services before the end of the year

upwardfacing

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Another media article indicating this is coming:

https://cronicaglobal.elespanol.com/bus ... 0_102.html

Perhaps A.net members in Mexico can shed light on any developments from the Mexican government and MEX airport authority side of the equation.

EddieDude

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:39 pm

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
Interjet or Volaris could sell them the slots, or even Alitalia (which is about to suspend it's Rome flight and may never restart it due to bankruptcy).

What is the status with AZ's FCO-MEX? It just restated very recently, and as per a dummy booking I made for April, AZ is still selling the nonstop FCO-MEX-FCO (77E) on its website.
Upcoming flights:

KrustyTheKlown

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 pm

EddieDude wrote:
KrustyTheKlown wrote:

What is the status with AZ's FCO-MEX? It just restated very recently, and as per a dummy booking I made for April, AZ is still selling the nonstop FCO-MEX-FCO (77E) on its website.

I'm not very well informed on the status of AZ's FCO-MEX. What I half-remembered was that AZ was going to suspend the flight, but I didn't know that it was apparently very briefly suspended and almost immediately re-started. I guess that AZ will continue with the flight until further notice.

dcajet

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:43 am

EddieDude wrote:
KrustyTheKlown wrote:

AFAIK, back for the summer season only, Flight turned to a seasonal operation.

razokamek

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:26 am

dcajet wrote:
razokamek wrote:
pabloeing wrote:

And how would you know that?

The 777-200LR, the smallest passenger aircraft of EK is used on ultra-long-haul and new routes to evaluate capacity and demand. Mexico is a new territory for EK, and also for other markets due to several conditions like altitude, etc. A Boeing 777-300ER is too big. If DXB-BCN-MEX works, the route will be daily, and later, it will be upgraded to 777-300ER, or, if we are optimistic, to an A380.
The Middle East-Latin America (except Brazil) market is still new. Currently, on this region, and specifically the ME3, EK and QR flies to EZE, and QR to SCL.
And well, don't forget TK: EZE, BOG, PTY, HAV and CCS. I'm still with the hope that IST-MEX will be announced soon (it doesn't matter if the flight is one-stop or nonstop), because MEX was on the Latin American expansion plan for the carrier, and there's a little hope with it's new 787-9 or A350.

dcajet

Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 am

razokamek wrote:
dcajet wrote:
razokamek wrote:

The 777-200LR, the smallest passenger aircraft of EK is used on ultra-long-haul and new routes to evaluate capacity and demand. Mexico is a new territory for EK, and also for other markets due to several conditions like altitude, etc. A Boeing 777-300ER is too big. If DXB-BCN-MEX works, the route will be daily, and later, it will be upgraded to 777-300ER, or, if we are optimistic, to an A380.
The Middle East-Latin America (except Brazil) market is still new. Currently, on this region, and specifically the ME3, EK and QR flies to EZE, and QR to SCL.
And well, don't forget TK: EZE, BOG, PTY, HAV and CCS. I'm still with the hope that IST-MEX will be announced soon (it doesn't matter if the flight is one-stop or nonstop), because MEX was on the Latin American expansion plan for the carrier, and there's a little hope with it's new 787-9 or A350.

My point: lets wait until the route it's officially announced. Then we can speculate about equipment.

Qatar does not fly to SCL or to GIG. Route died on the vine with the sanctions imposed to Qatar. Emirates, however, is starting SCL-GRU-DXB in July with the 77L.

ghost77

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:54 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:

MEX

abrelosojos wrote:
I had one of my team members look at BCN numbers, and AM would be foolish not to make a bold statement and introduce BCN. This route has implications for AM beyond BCN. With DXB, this will also pull traffic marginally from some of their connecting routes at AMS and CDG. However, it seems to make it happen, they would have to pull capacity from somewhere else. Our fleet database shows that they received a 789 in January and another one comes in June. Surely, it is committed to their network by now.

Saludos,
Alex

What are those implications abrelosojos? Can you please elaborate a little more?

I think, and just liked it happened in LHR and AMS, that AM has still chances to have success in FRA. Unfortunately, yesterday PEK just started and that was the jewel of the crown to complement it's PVG flight and China operation.

I think sooner or later, AM with more seats and a bigger hub should try in this order, NOW that is has the right plane (Boeing 787) lighter than a 777 and more efficient than the 767, return to:

FRA
FCO (once AZ drops the seasonal service after the summer ends, which would make them bleed if a T7 flown again)
BCN (EK with a T7 will loose money, once again, if EK drops it, wait to EK to get the route going, once they drop it, return with the right size and more efficient aircraft)
GIG
PEK
HNL

After that, AM will only have to focus on increasing frequencies to all long haul destinations. I don't see any other route possible for AM. The long haul network is complete. Maybe based 2 B737s in LIM, UIO or SCL or EZE to fly to Montevideo and Asunción.

AM should really consider FRA ASAP. Germany is TOP10 economy in the world. We have strong ties, LH has FRA and MUC, AM could steal a lot of traffic. Time's over for DLH, they need a Boeing 787 competition.

Important, AM not only is carrying passengers, the cargo network is also growing and paying a lot!

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

AZ has resumed service.

g77
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

dodgers702

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 pm

dcajet wrote:
razokamek wrote:
dcajet wrote:

My point: lets wait until the route it's officially announced. Then we can speculate about equipment.

Qatar does not fly to SCL or to GIG. Route died on the vine with the sanctions imposed to Qatar. Emirates, however, is starting SCL-GRU-DXB in July with the 77L.

I agree, so far it just looks like Spain granted 5th freedom rights to EK for a BCN-MEX route. Nothing yet said by EK . Only speculation till this day. Swiss civil authorty granted EK fight freedom rights out Geneva but EK had no interested in using it as a tag on for flights to MEX. Lets see if EK has made their homework and were just waiting to be granted rights. Eventually i think we will read something regarding this rumor from Emirates/Tim Clark on either shuting it down or re-affirming as MEX one of their new destinations (and still we will only be sure when we see EK landing at MEX).

dodgers702

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 pm

"BCN (EK with a T7 will loose money, once again, if EK drops it, wait to EK to get the route going, once they drop it, return with the right size and more efficient aircraft)"

So do you believe the proposed route will be unsuccessful? Or just not the right aircraft to use for such flight? I would think EK has done its homework. They have stated that its one of their top desired destinations along Berlin i think. Another rumor was they could use their ordered 777x to be able to fly nonstop. Again just a rumor.

KrustyTheKlown

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 pm

I haven't see the performance charts for the 777X, but with larger wings and more efficient engines its hot & high performance should improve compared to the current 777.

Even so I doubt it will be capable of flying the 9,000 miles (14,400 km or 7,800 nm) between DXB and MEX non-stop.

dodgers702

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:21 pm

KrustyTheKlown wrote:
I haven't see the performance charts for the 777X, but with larger wings and more efficient engines its hot & high performance should improve compared to the current 777.

Even so I doubt it will be capable of flying the 9,000 miles (14,400 km or 7,800 nm) between DXB and MEX non-stop.

Wonder if the new airport will be too high in elevation also? Maybe with the new airport it is possible for such a long direct nonstop flight?

For years we have been reading stories and rumors on how EK was looking for a way to land in MEX. They knew non-stop flight was impossible so they went studying via 5th freedom possible routes. They looked into DXB-MAD-MEX (do not think they were granted rights and we all understand why that wouldnt happen), DXB-ZHR-MEX (Swiss authority said no and instead optioned DXB-GVA-MEX, EK said no thanks), DXB-CUN-MEX ( we all know that would happen when pigs fly) and finally DXB-BCN-MEX (which rights were approved it looks like). All we can do now is wait and hopefully EK confirms rumors.

mabadia71

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 pm

dodgers702 wrote:
Wonder if the new airport will be too high in elevation also? Maybe with the new airport it is possible for such a long direct nonstop flight?

The new airport will be at the same elevation as the current one, however it appears the new runways will be 5KM (a little over 3 miles) long which should help to ease the takeoff restrictions.

Edit: Typo
mabadia71

KrustyTheKlown

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:09 am

dodgers702 wrote:
Wonder if the new airport will be too high in elevation also? Maybe with the new airport it is possible for such a long direct nonstop flight?..

As mabadia71 said the new Mexico city airport will be at the same elevation as the old one (10 m higher to be more precise) and two of its runways will be 5 km long (16,400 feet), that's 1.1 km longer than the runways in the old airport. Longer runways will allow for increased takeoff weights out of the new MEX but it may not be enough for reaching DXB non-stop.

5 km of runway is as much as it makes sense for current aircraft as the tires usually reach their maximum rated speed in a 5km takeoff run.

AntonioMartin

Re: EMIRATES start BCN-MEX

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:34 am

airbazar wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
If ET can make LAX > DUB> ADD work , TK can easily make MEX >DUB > IST work.... an interline agreement with FR at dub and the connections are difficult to beat ... anyway TK clearly know what they’re doing

There's a market for LAX-DUB. I doubt there is much of a market for MEX-DUB but i could be wrong.

Canelo Alvarez looks Irish...maybe he and his family will fly MEX-DUB...: :lol:

EddieDude

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:31 am

ghost77 wrote:
I think, and just liked it happened in LHR and AMS, that AM has still chances to have success in FRA. Unfortunately, yesterday PEK just started and that was the jewel of the crown to complement it's PVG flight and China operation.

I think sooner or later, AM with more seats and a bigger hub should try in this order, NOW that is has the right plane (Boeing 787) lighter than a 777 and more efficient than the 767, return to:

FRA
FCO (once AZ drops the seasonal service after the summer ends, which would make them bleed if a T7 flown again)
BCN (EK with a T7 will loose money, once again, if EK drops it, wait to EK to get the route going, once they drop it, return with the right size and more efficient aircraft)
GIG
PEK
HNL

After that, AM will only have to focus on increasing frequencies to all long haul destinations. I don't see any other route possible for AM. The long haul network is complete. Maybe based 2 B737s in LIM, UIO or SCL or EZE to fly to Montevideo and Asunción.

AM should really consider FRA ASAP. Germany is TOP10 economy in the world. We have strong ties, LH has FRA and MUC, AM could steal a lot of traffic. Time's over for DLH, they need a Boeing 787 competition.

Important, AM not only is carrying passengers, the cargo network is also growing and paying a lot!

I don't know. The subject of FRA is interesting. On the one hand, there is a lot of demand between Germany and MEX that is served one-stop by the likes of AF, KL, BA, IB, AA, DL, UA, AC..., so perhaps the market could absorb more nonstop MEX-FRA capacity without diluting LH's yields too much. Germany is not just a top 10 economy, but actually a top 5 economy, and there is huge investment, trade and tourism between the two countries, so presumably AM could still snatch a few corporate contracts from LH to ensure there will be profits. On the other hand, LH has very healthy load factors from FRA (and presumably from MUC too), and likely good profit too; FRA being a LH fortress hub with no SkyTeam feed for AM could well mean that LH could add more capacity or drop fares if AM tries to enter the market, and that would likely put a quick end to AM's efforts. The cargo argument is interesting; Germany and Mexico are both major exports-oriented economies, so you may have a point. I have to wonder if AM has been too cautious and unwilling to go head-to-head with LH, or if they have actually done their homework and reached the conclusion that there is little opportunity for them in the MEX-Germany nonstop market. If I am not mistaken, FRA is no longer as constrained as it used to be, with the FRA authorities quite interested in attracting more carriers... maybe that could play a role in a new assessment by AM? Also, I wonder whether AM could "codeshare" with Deutsche Bahn ex/to-FRA in order provide more connectivity to its passengers... I believe AF has something similar with SNCF.
Upcoming flights:

upwardfacing

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:31 am

Back to the topic:

Any insight from someone familiar with the views of the Mexican authorities on this?

ghost77

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 am

dcajet wrote:
EddieDude wrote:
KrustyTheKlown wrote:

AFAIK, back for the summer season only, Flight turned to a seasonal operation.

Not really... The flight is not seasonal, and the schedule on the airline's website is year round as follows:

March, April, and May..........................Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays
June, July, August, and September......Daily
October 1-28.........................................Daily except Mondays and Wednesdays
From October 29..................................Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays

https://www.alitalia.com/es_mx/fly-alit ... -city.html

g77
Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

KrustyTheKlown

Wed May 16, 2018 10:33 pm

It seems that Emirates may start DXB-BCN-MEX after all as the Mexican government has granted them 5th freedom rights.

As protest, Aeromexico announces that they are suspending their planned MEX-BCN service (link in Spanish).

many321

Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Turn of events. Interesting.

santi319

Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Aww Good for those Corrupt Mexican Officials that got their $ub$idy from EK...

But honestly who is surprised...