vhqpa

Re: Inaugural QF MEL-PER-LHR this Saturday 24 March

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:09 pm

It's worth mentioning that for at least the East Coast on the return leg (from LHR) QF will be able to offer either an early morning arrival (via Singapore) or a late evening arrival (via Perth). In Nov/Dec I'm flying QF BNE-SIN-LHR/LHR-PER-BNE. On the return I was initally going to book QF2/QF52 through SIN but I decided the evening arrival of QF10/QF654 made up for the longer sector.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

tealnz

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Sounds as if there will be a bunch of economy seats blocked on early flights westbound. Does anyone know from what date all Y seats are opened up for reservations?

tealnz

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Sounds as if there will be a bunch of economy seats blocked on early flights westbound. Does anyone know from what date all Y seats are opened up for reservations?

SQ789

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Who is looking forward for this?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

vhqpa

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:57 pm

SQ789 wrote:
Who is looking forward for this?

Well myself definitely. I'll be keeping track of it's progress on FR24. I know I probably shouldn't stay up past 2300 on Sunday night when I'm working early morning shift Monday, but it's pretty much a given I will to see it depart LHR on Big Jet TV. As I'm flying this service later on in the year I'll definitely be keeping an eye on youtube for trip reports particularly in Y. Although maybe not a full 17 hour video ;) that's a bit extreme even for me

As I have the weekend off I'll probably be running the flight on FSX in the background, although with PMDG's trusty 777-200LR. The last time I tried to use the QW 787 I got a CTD at the very end of a 6h30m flight. Definitely won't be chancing a 18 hour flight.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 pm

The first PER-LHR flight will be captained by Qantas 787 Chief Pilot Lisa Norman
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fly24 March

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:50 pm

There was a commemorative 20 page liftout on PER-LHR in today's West Australian newspaper. Here are most of the articles in the lift out.

Links not found so far include
The Overview
Putting Perth's Best Foot Forward - statements from Qantas CEO Alan Joyce, WA Premier, Perth Airport CEO and WA Tourism Minister
Perth - Australia's Western Hub
Ningaloo - Local tips for a week around Ningaloo
Broome - A world away

Qantas nonstop to London, tips from 3 Frequent Fliers who have accumulated 7 million miles in the air

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774490z

Plans to make Perth Airport a hub for international visitors. Article also covers the installation of the CATIII-B to Perth Airport

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774471z

Long range cuisine, keeping passengers fed during the 17hour flight

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774461z

Qantas and Boeing's long enduring partnership

Since 1959 Qantas has operated 323 Boeing aircraft including 125 737's, 59 747's, 40 767's and 36 707's

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774453z

Qantas cabin selection

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774457z

Qantas new International Lounge including an outdoor area and BBQ

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/pert ... b88774487z

Flying experience onboard the 787

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774457z

Cutting edge technology behind the 787

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88774455z

The history of flying from Perth to London has also been covered, refer to link at start of thread

More on behind the scenes of planning for PER-LHR.

Dependent on weather the route may track as far south as the Middle East and as far north as the Himilaya's. Also included is a video news report which shows a flight plan

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/pert ... b88774494z
Forum Moderator

redroo

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:31 pm

qf789 wrote:
Qf648 wrote:
Perth can suffer fog in winter, id say they'd pick Learmonth as a diversion.

Not at 1pm in the afternoon when the aircraft is due to arrive in Perth

Karratha is the preferred diversion airport for Perth for the new QF10.

And like qf789 says the chances of there being any fog in Perth at 1pm is slim to none. Perth is warm, sunny and dry almost year round. A month of rain in july and some random winter fog before the sun rises. Ideal if weather usually.

EK413

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 pm

DeltaB717 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

Isn't the point that whilst this is good for PER, it is a relatively small subset of the overall Europe-Australia market. The major prize is project sunrise (i.e. Nonstop to the major markets of SYD and MEL) both of which remain accessible one stop via any number of middle and far eastern hubs. All PER does is add another one stop option?

1-stop with connections to AKL,SYD,MEL,BNE,ADL,CBR,BME,ASP,CNS,DRW...

EK413

Although it has to be said that the one-stop connections to ASP, CBR and CNS are only in one direction (outbound from ASP, inbound to CBR and CNS) and that, whilst those connections are there for DRW, they're not exactly convenient (and only 3x weekly.

With the introduction of the QF9 PER-LHR & QF10 LHR-PER it’s possible services will be retimed to provide convenient connections to the ports mentioned?

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

DeltaB717

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:21 am

EK413 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

1-stop with connections to AKL,SYD,MEL,BNE,ADL,CBR,BME,ASP,CNS,DRW...

EK413

Although it has to be said that the one-stop connections to ASP, CBR and CNS are only in one direction (outbound from ASP, inbound to CBR and CNS) and that, whilst those connections are there for DRW, they're not exactly convenient (and only 3x weekly.

With the introduction of the QF9 PER-LHR & QF10 LHR-PER it’s possible services will be retimed to provide convenient connections to the ports mentioned?

EK413

It's possible, of course, but it hasn't happened. PER-CNS and vice versa are operated by JQ, not QF, and is deliberately scheduled back-of-clock to work best for aircraft utilisation. PER-ASP was just retimed (in January) to an early morning departure to connect over ASP to AYQ, so I doubt that's going to change again. I can't really see a mid-morning CBR-PER either, to be honest. Anything could happen, I'm really just saying it hasn't yet.

planemanofnz

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:04 am

EK413 wrote:
AKL

AFAIK, we still haven't heard whether QF will make PER - AKL year-round, to connect with this new LHR service?

Fingers crossed it happens. :crossfingers:

Cheers,

C.

cv990Coronado

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 am

Looking at availability for PERLHR for the next week it isn't full on most days. As far as them blocking Y seats, they might but on most days they have Y seats at the lower fare classes available. On the LHRPER flights, the situation seems similar but it is the Easter holidays so this could well have a bearing on the situation. Hopefully, it does well but I personally have my doubts.If the oil prices stay where they are more or less then it might make it, over $80 I think it will be history.
SSC-707B727 737-741234SP757/762/3/772/WA300/10/319/2/1-342/3/6-880-DAM-VC10 TRD 111 Ju52-DC8/9/10/11-YS11-748-VCV DH4B L

EK413

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:23 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

EK413

It's possible, of course, but it hasn't happened. PER-CNS and vice versa are operated by JQ, not QF, and is deliberately scheduled back-of-clock to work best for aircraft utilisation. PER-ASP was just retimed (in January) to an early morning departure to connect over ASP to AYQ, so I doubt that's going to change again. I can't really see a mid-morning CBR-PER either, to be honest. Anything could happen, I'm really just saying it hasn't yet.

Probably right. Perhaps QF have deliberately kept the schedule as is to fill up the PER-MEL-PER sectors?

planemanofnz wrote:
EK413 wrote:
AKL

AFAIK, we still haven't heard whether QF will make PER - AKL year-round, to connect with this new LHR service?

Fingers crossed it happens. :crossfingers:

Cheers,

C.

Time will tell and with 6+ A330’s being upgraded to international standards good chance it’ll happen.

cv990Coronado wrote:
Looking at availability for PERLHR for the next week it isn't full on most days. As far as them blocking Y seats, they might but on most days they have Y seats at the lower fare classes available. On the LHRPER flights, the situation seems similar but it is the Easter holidays so this could well have a bearing on the situation. Hopefully, it does well but I personally have my doubts.If the oil prices stay where they are more or less then it might make it, over $80 I think it will be history.

I mentioned previously why is QFs ULH venture any different to QR,EK,SQ,UA ultra long haul sectors?!? Everyone needs to get their heads out of the sand and come to terms this is the direction airlines are heading. The right sized aircraft are now available to operate such services.

EK413

cv990Coronado

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 am

cv990Coronado wrote:

I mentioned previously why is QFs ULH venture any different to QR,EK,SQ,UA ultra long haul sectors?!? Everyone needs to get their heads out of the sand and come to terms this is the direction airlines are heading. The right sized aircraft are now available to operate such services.

EK413[/quote]

Firstly as a lover of aviation, I hope they succeed. To answer your question, EK and QR often don't have the option of somewhere to land en-route. In QR's case and some would say in EK's the normal rules of economics also often don't apply.
As for SQ and UA, these are often between very high yield O & D markets i.e LAX, SFO, HKG, SIN & NYC. In addition, there isn't a very convenient stopover transit point hence the particular benefit of ULH.
QF, in my opinion, isn't in quite the same situation from Aust to Europe, Aust US is different and it works.
PER isn't a high yield market but SYD might be. But and it's a big but there are numerous very good one-stop options, these offer excellent airlines, equipment and top quality transits. They can use price and many other means to compete. The reason I mentioned the Oil price is that should that go too high it will be the one thing that will be very difficult to counter. This will be even more critical should QF ever launch SYD-LHR.
SSC-707B727 737-741234SP757/762/3/772/WA300/10/319/2/1-342/3/6-880-DAM-VC10 TRD 111 Ju52-DC8/9/10/11-YS11-748-VCV DH4B L

QF744ER

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 am

I think you'll find if PER-AKL does become a year round service it'll be primarily operated by the domestic A332's.

With the pending international refurb to the 6 newest A332's and the domestic refurb of either -EBG/L pending it'll also be interest to see if QF has the frames to operate this service year round as I believe with the recent AKL changes the A330 fleet is pretty much maxed out, especially on weekdays.

With the continued regional growth on NZ/Asian routes I wonder if QF is regretting returning -EBH/I to the lessors and whether in due course we might see some second-hand A330's added to the fleet to cater for expansion.

getluv

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:03 am

cv990Coronado wrote:

Not full, but QF9/10 is still the most expensive option compared to SQ, EK, EY, QR and CX.
I'm that bad type.

EK413

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:15 am

cv990Coronado wrote:

EK413

Firstly as a lover of aviation, I hope they succeed. To answer your question, EK and QR often don't have the option of somewhere to land en-route. In QR's case and some would say in EK's the normal rules of economics also often don't apply.
As for SQ and UA, these are often between very high yield O & D markets i.e LAX, SFO, HKG, SIN & NYC. In addition, there isn't a very convenient stopover transit point hence the particular benefit of ULH.
QF, in my opinion, isn't in quite the same situation from Aust to Europe, Aust US is different and it works.
PER isn't a high yield market but SYD might be. But and it's a big but there are numerous very good one-stop options, these offer excellent airlines, equipment and top quality transits. They can use price and many other means to compete. The reason I mentioned the Oil price is that should that go too high it will be the one thing that will be very difficult to counter. This will be even more critical should QF ever launch SYD-LHR.

Honestly based on majority of the posts appears as though everyone is hoping it fails. Just my personal observation.

My understanding the ME3, SQ & TK just to name a few benefit from their geographical location hence their non-stop services. UA SFO,LAX,IAH-SYD are warranted considering they are UA hubs.

QF to maximise profitability operate majority of their services from SYD & haven’t been able to compete with the ME3, Asian carriers OR TK with non-stop options as they haven’t had aircraft capable OR until now an Australian transit point to operate the route profitable non-stop to Europe. By operating service via PER QF benefit from lower handling costs, ground handling, caterers, cleaners etc oppose to operating via an Asian port or DXB.

QF744ER wrote:
I think you'll find if PER-AKL does become a year round service it'll be primarily operated by the domestic A332's.

With the pending international refurb to the 6 newest A332's and the domestic refurb of either -EBG/L pending it'll also be interest to see if QF has the frames to operate this service year round as I believe with the recent AKL changes the A330 fleet is pretty much maxed out, especially on weekdays.

With the continued regional growth on NZ/Asian routes I wonder if QF is regretting returning -EBH/I to the lessors and whether in due course we might see some second-hand A330's added to the fleet to cater for expansion.

Your right the Tasman services will utilise the domestic A330’s and with MEL,BNE-AKL services upgraded to A330’s the fleet will be stretched. I believe 15-16 frames from memory?!?
I believe -EBI,H returned to the lessors due to the higher leasing costs?

EK413
Last edited by EK413 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

redroo

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 am

Living in perth it never ceases to amaze me the number of qantas platinum and gold Q tags I see on CBD workers bags. There are plenty of loyal QF customers in wealthy Perth that would gladly skip Dubai, Singapore, HKG and the rest to fly to London on QF.

When you’re used to flying 5 hours for day meetings in Sydney you will gladly save a few hours by flying non stop to London.

waoz1

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:58 am

AJ on 6pr this morning
Re - Bookings on new Perth London

60% bookings ex perth
40% bookings ex east
With demand high.

redroo

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:14 am

waoz1 wrote:
AJ on 6pr this morning

60% bookings ex perth
40% bookings ex east
With demand high.

Strong bookings from the sand gropers (as expected).

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:17 am

redroo wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
AJ on 6pr this morning

60% bookings ex perth
40% bookings ex east
With demand high.

Yes indeed some good numbers there.

Redroo and waoz1 are either you going to be at the airport tomorrow
Forum Moderator

redroo

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 am

qf789 wrote:
redroo wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
AJ on 6pr this morning

60% bookings ex perth
40% bookings ex east
With demand high.

Unfortunately not.

EK413

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 am

Wasn’t the new transit lounge going to be unveiled today?

EK413

waoz1

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:45 am

qf789 wrote:
redroo wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
AJ on 6pr this morning

60% bookings ex perth
40% bookings ex east
With demand high.

No unfortunately :/
I think it might be a bit crazy down there

waoz1

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:11 am

SQ789

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:19 am

So will there be journalists on this inaugural flight as well?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 am

SQ789 wrote:

Yes there will be, i am told there is going to be a lot of international media at the airport tomorrow
Forum Moderator

qf2220

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:22 am

waoz1 wrote:
AJ on 6pr this morning

60% bookings ex perth
40% bookings ex east
With demand high.

Im interested to know how the total bookings are compared to the expected bookings....

smi0006

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:22 am

Qantas has revealed the transit lounge-

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... th-lounge/

https://youtu.be/jXbCFbTo5oU

Love the idea personally of a stretching class! Would be amazing after a flight form LHR!

141 seats seems a lot will the QF9/10 transits overlap? Or is this for future growth?

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:29 am

smi0006 wrote:
Qantas has revealed the transit lounge-

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... th-lounge/

https://youtu.be/jXbCFbTo5oU

Love the idea personally of a stretching class! Would be amazing after a flight form LHR!

141 seats seems a lot will the QF9/10 transits overlap? Or is this for future growth?

I would say for future growth, QF won’t move over to T1 until 2025 so it’s quite possible that there will be multiple flights to Europe (CDG, FRA along with LHR) in the coming years
Forum Moderator

redroo

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:18 am

The lounge is quite the transformation from the space it used to be !

QF744ER

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am

SQ789 wrote:

Depends if you class GT as a journalist.

qf789 wrote:
SQ789 wrote:

Yes there will be, i am told there is going to be a lot of international media at the airport tomorrow

Apparently around 100 arrived today.

vhtje

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am

mutu wrote:

Does that mean then, BA could operate the same route if they wished with their current 789''s configured for 216 total (8F 42J 39W 127Y) ??

I spoke to a BA 787 pilot onboard a flight on DEL. He told me that the BA piliots had taken the idea of a nonstop BA LHR to PER service to BA management. There was no interest.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

redroo

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:00 am

vhtje wrote:
mutu wrote:

Does that mean then, BA could operate the same route if they wished with their current 789''s configured for 216 total (8F 42J 39W 127Y) ??

I spoke to a BA 787 pilot onboard a flight on DEL. He told me that the BA piliots had taken the idea of a nonstop BA LHR to PER service to BA management. There was no interest.

And this is the key thing. This is about getting Australians to London not English to Australia.

Northbound traffic is where qantas can make money from its corporate customers and frequent flier base. There is no money to be made southbound. Any southbound traffic is a bonus.

waoz1

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:53 am

redroo wrote:
vhtje wrote:
mutu wrote:

And this is the key thing. This is about getting Australians to London not English to Australia.

Northbound traffic is where qantas can make money from its corporate customers and frequent flier base. There is no money to be made southbound. Any southbound traffic is a bonus.

BA shot itself in the foot when it pulled out of Perth leaving it all to qantas then qantas tied in with emirates.

LupineChemist

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:03 am

cv990Coronado wrote:

Oil doesn't exist in a bubble. If commodities go up in general, it would be the best thing to happen to this route as you will get a lot more demand from the mining companies.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 am

As previously mentioned the flight from PER will be commanded by Lisa Norman. In total there will be 4 flight crew consisting of 2 captains, 1 First Officer and 1 Second Officer

https://thewest.com.au/news/qantas/qant ... b88782241z
Forum Moderator

B752OS

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 am

On its own, how big is the PER-LHR market?

airbazar

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:07 pm

smi0006 wrote:

The aircraft is configured with 236 seats so if everyone decided to use the lounge, 141 seats isn't quite big enough IMO.
And from reading the article it says the lounge if open to multiple levels of QF and OneWorld frequent fliers, not just for passengers traveling to/from LHR.

DolphinAir747

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 pm

If this works could QF try a SYD-JFK-LAX-SYD routing on the 787 if PER-LHR works? Flying SYD-JFK eastbound would be shorter with the strong tailwinds though westbound seems unrealistic for now.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:28 pm

airbazar wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

The aircraft is configured with 236 seats so if everyone decided to use the lounge, 141 seats isn't quite big enough IMO.
And from reading the article it says the lounge if open to multiple levels of QF and OneWorld frequent fliers, not just for passengers traveling to/from LHR.

The lounge is exclusively for 787 travellers. The only other international flights QF operate from PER are a seasonal AKL and a daily SIN, though that will be double daily shortly. Passengers for those services will be using the Qantas Domestic Lounge at T4.

These are the conditions for using the lounge unveiled today

passengers travelling on QF9 from Perth to London, including passengers connecting onto QF9 from other destinations, such as Sydney
passengers transiting in Perth when travelling to London on QF9 from Melbourne (where the QF9 flight actually begins)
international passengers on the return leg QF10 from London continuing through to Melbourne
You'll also need to be flying in business class; hold Qantas Platinum One, Platinum, or Gold status (or their Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire equivalents); hold Emirates Skywards Platinum or Gold status; be a Qantas Club member; or have a Qantas Club lounge invitation.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-qan ... ource=hero
Forum Moderator

Ziyulu

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:36 pm

17 hours in a narrow 3-3-3 seating? No, thank you.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:37 pm

B752OS wrote:
On its own, how big is the PER-LHR market?

PER-LHR alone is 30% of all traffic to Europe from Perth. QR, EY and EK do quite well with passengers flying to the UK outside of LHR such as MAN, NCL, BHX so I would estimate the UK market to be at 40-50% of all departures to Europe. Unfortunately there are no hard numbers available as the BITRE only publishes numbers on a route by route basis such as PER-AUH, PER-SIN, PER-DXB etc
Forum Moderator

moa999

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:17 pm

airbazar wrote:

Only J pax guaranteed.
If PE/Y need to be QF Plat/Gold or OW equivalent or QF club.

I'd think it would average 50-60 ppl per flight (guessing only)

InnsbruckFlyer

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Anyone know which 787 it'll be?

Last flown aircraft: DH8D OE-LGO < A320 HA-LWC < A320 HA-LWV < A320 SX-DVT < A320 SX-DVK < B733 LZ-BVU < E190 LZ-SOF < A320 D-AIUQ < DH8D OE-LGJ < A321 D-AIRN < A319 LZ-FBB < DH8D OE-LGO < B772 OE-LPC < A346 D-AIHX

moa999

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:47 pm

InnsbruckFlyer wrote:
Two positioning in.
ZND is reportedly the chosen aircraft

CitizenJustin

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm

EK413 wrote:
cv990Coronado wrote:

EK413

Honestly based on majority of the posts appears as though everyone is hoping it fails. Just my personal observation.

My understanding the ME3, SQ & TK just to name a few benefit from their geographical location hence their non-stop services. UA SFO,LAX,IAH-SYD are warranted considering they are UA hubs.

QF to maximise profitability operate majority of their services from SYD & haven’t been able to compete with the ME3, Asian carriers OR TK with non-stop options as they haven’t had aircraft capable OR until now an Australian transit point to operate the route profitable non-stop to Europe. By operating service via PER QF benefit from lower handling costs, ground handling, caterers, cleaners etc oppose to operating via an Asian port or DXB.

QF744ER wrote:

Your right the Tasman services will utilise the domestic A330’s and with MEL,BNE-AKL services upgraded to A330’s the fleet will be stretched. I believe 15-16 frames from memory?!?
I believe -EBI,H returned to the lessors due to the higher leasing costs?

EK413

As aviation enthusiasts, why on earth would anyone want this to fail? If anything, we should wish them the best of luck. I certainly do.

EK413

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:42 pm

moa999 wrote:
InnsbruckFlyer wrote:
Two positioning in.
ZND is reportedly the chosen aircraft

The QF777 MEL-PER service operated by -ZNB will be the operational spare on the day.

EK413

ZaphodHarkonnen

Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:58 pm

One route that just came to mind that could be very interesting if Boeing do their NMA. WLG-PER-LHR. Going from two to one stops for WLG travellers could be quite nice. Especially if you can time the connection right. But that might map to a timeframe where you can do SYD-LHR non stop.

Anyways, good luck to Qantas and the crew.

qf2220

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:37 pm

vhtje wrote:
mutu wrote:

As it should be - pilots shouldn't be setting the route map - thats the job of the strategy and route profitability team.....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos