Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

polywad6963
Topic Author

Frontier 1864 Diverted Over Fight

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:48 am

Wonder if the passenger will be charged the cost of the diversion to CVG since he was brawling with other passengers, needed restraigned by 5 others and having the cops waiting for the plane to drag him off?

Source: Grandmother seated in 23C

Goodyear

Re: Frontier 1864 Diverted Over Fight

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:06 am

Sell round-trip tickets for $20 and this is what you get. Quote me.

ikolkyo

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:10 am

Goodyear wrote:

That makes zero sense, care to explain? Fights have happened on airlines of different types around the world...

Goodyear

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:12 am

ikolkyo wrote:
That makes zero sense, care to explain? Fights have happened on airlines of different types around the world...

Clearly you've never been on a F9 flight. And if you drop the politically-correct pretense, it will make perfect sense.

polywad6963
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 am

Flight departed for CLE about 20min ago, arriving to CLE about 3hrs late. Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

nine4nine

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 am

Goodyear wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

Clearly you've never been on a F9 flight. And if you drop the politically-correct pretense, it will make perfect sense.

I get it. Made the mistake of booking an NK flight LAX-LAS because a last minute fare was dirt cheap compared to the others. Well, gladly it was only a 50 minute flight because I couldn’t imagine going cross country with the WalMart crowd that was seated in the plane. $20 fares bring the $20 crowd and that’s a fact. Seated next to a guy who has never worn deodorant a day in his life, a family with an undisciplined brat slamming the tray table up and down the entire flt across the aisle, and about 40 hoodlums arguing, rapping, cursing, and getting up during taxi. Never again.

ScottB

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 am

Goodyear wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

Sure, and the guy who pulled down his pants and defecated on a serving cart was on a ULCC, too. Oh, wait, that was a business class passenger on UA.

ACDC8

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:43 am

polywad6963 wrote:
Source: Grandmother seated in 23C

Awesome :rotfl: :bigthumbsup:

lebda

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 am

Damn, it only took two posts for this to become classist for no reason at all.

AirCalSNA

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:46 am

Has anyone else notice that lately this forum has come to resemble a Twitter feed where matters like this are reported upon with insufferable predictability, as if unusual but ultimately inconsequential things have never happened on an airliner before? How about a special forum for such matters so that those of us not interested in trollish posts can be spared?

Seabear

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Money does not equate to class...the current political "discourse" should be more than enough evidence.

TheOldDude

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:26 pm

It's amazing how what used to be seen as the unfortunate, one-off events are now highlighted and used in a broad brush swipe against millions. Those events are also politicized, just like everything else nowadays, and politicized by both sides.

Why don't we just agree that it's insane to extrapolate from one crazy person's actions to an entire group?

azstar

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Goodyear wrote:

Ha ha. Murica's finest.

afcjets

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 pm

nine4nine wrote:

I get it. Made the mistake of booking an NK flight LAX-LAS because a last minute fare was dirt cheap compared to the others. Well, gladly it was only a 50 minute flight because I couldn’t imagine going cross country with the WalMart crowd that was seated in the plane.

Lol, you should try a Walmart outside 949. The one in Laguna Niguel is probably the nicest one in the US.

TheOldDude

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:43 pm

reltney wrote:
Goodyear wrote:

Budget minds usually fly budget airlines is correct. Yes I am profiling and I am correct. I delever planes on my off days and I can attest the type of passenger on budget carriers is vastly different. Best part is the people who pay my airfare home after dropping a plane off think they are getting a better deal buying my return ticket on the budget airline. I whip out my phone and call up my UA app and prove it time and time again how they got mislead.

Rather than flame away I'll restate the point I think you are trying to make: different airlines seek to serve different parts of the market. Since their marketing strategies and targets are different, they attract passengers with generally different characteristics.

axiom

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:14 pm

AirCalSNA wrote:
Has anyone else notice that lately this forum has come to resemble a Twitter feed where matters like this are reported upon with insufferable predictability, as if unusual but ultimately inconsequential things have never happened on an airliner before? How about a special forum for such matters so that those of us not interested in trollish posts can be spared?

Amen. Take the not-so-sutble classism and racism with the threads, too, please.

axiom

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Seabear wrote:
Money does not equate to class...the current political "discourse" should be more than enough evidence.

Indeed, you can plate a 757 with gold, after all....

Aptivaboy

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Generally, you're very right. However, go back to the days of higher air fares and regulations, say the seventies or sixties, when flying was a treat, a real privilege that actually cost more than a meal at a greasy spoon. You didn't see these kinds of things, or if you did, they were exceptionally rare. The point that some folks are trying to make (poorly) is that a level of education and money does oftentimes correlate to better behavior in public. Heck, as a kid we dressed up in our Sunday best to board a plane, and that was in coach! I remember getting off of the plane in HNL in a jacket and tie back around '76, and we were not alone. And no, not a single pax behavioral issue on any of the flights I was was on all through the sixties, seventies and eighties.

Modernly, when I've flown biz and first over the past few years, the flights have been dreams, with nice pax, well groomed and well behaved. No one smells, and no one makes a scene. On the other hand, my last few coach experiences have been... Experiences. Yeah, a ticket the cost of a greasy spoon meal will get you pax who act like they're in a greasy spoon, and frequently yell, cuss and dress and smell like they're in one, too.

My apologies to the PC crowd is that sounds offensive. It isn't meant to be. Its just simply my anecdotal view of things based on flying as a passenger for about half of a century.

Bricktop

Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm

axiom wrote:
AirCalSNA wrote:

Amen. Take the not-so-sutble classism and racism with the threads, too, please.

And virtue signalers too.

I blame only myself for clicking in.

ScottB

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Aptivaboy wrote:
go back to the days of higher air fares and regulations, say the seventies or sixties, when flying was a treat, a real privilege that actually cost more than a meal at a greasy spoon. You didn't see these kinds of things, or if you did, they were exceptionally rare. The point that some folks are trying to make (poorly) is that a level of education and money does oftentimes correlate to better behavior in public. Heck, as a kid we dressed up in our Sunday best to board a plane, and that was in coach! I remember getting off of the plane in HNL in a jacket and tie back around '76, and we were not alone. And no, not a single pax behavioral issue on any of the flights I was was on all through the sixties, seventies and eighties.

But that's far more a reflection of general changes in society than of air travel being a high-class experience. Far more men wore jackets and ties to work in those days as well. "Business casual" didn't exist and parents (and teachers!) were generally more severe in the discipline they'd mete out to unruly children.

And, to be frank, we hear so many more of these stories because (1) there are so many more people flying, period; (2) virtually everyone has a pocket-sized video camera by way of a mobile device; and (3) social media and the constant news/clickbait cycle lead to more exposure of events like these. If a fistfight had broken out on a plane in 1968, a few people might have heard about it through word-of-mouth and it's unlikely there would even be photos, let alone video shared instantly worldwide. Maybe it would have made the news by way of a police blotter note on page B8 of the local newspaper three days later.

readytotaxi

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:17 pm

axiom wrote:
Seabear wrote:

Indeed, you can plate a 757 with gold, after all....

Indeed, good manners are learnt, not bought. ;)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos