cougar15

Re: Why no US-Cyprus non stop?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:41 am

ATH can barely support a proper year round service (at least prior to EK), so that basically answers it for LCA.
some you lose, others you can´t win!

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Why no US-Cyprus non stop?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:42 am

Just saw Wikipedia article on Larnaca Airport and noticed no airline flies between it and the USA. Which left me wondering, why not at least a JFK connection? Isn't Cyprus a large enough tourist attraction to at least have seasonal from JFK? I know they are well connected through British, Emirates, Lufthansa, etc, but...

Cant wait to read the answers...

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:57 am

cougar15 wrote:
ATH can barely support a proper year round service (at least prior to EK), so that basically answers it for LCA.

True...but maybe a two-monther during winter or so....

BWIAirport

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:58 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
cougar15 wrote:

True...but maybe a two-monther during winter or so....

I would think absolute best case scenario DL sends a 3x weekly 763 to LCA in July and August. But I don't even see that close to happening. Anyone who wants to go to Cyprus can easily connect through LHR, FRA, CDG, and countless other European cities.
Next flight: 3/1 DL2834 BWI-ATL B739
3/1 DL661 ATL-STT B752

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

Antarius

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:00 am

Not high enough yields.
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

FlyHappy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:05 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
Isn't Cyprus a large enough tourist attraction to at least have seasonal from JFK?

Definitively, no.
How many single cities in the world can support a 10+ hour non-stop flight from the US as a tourist attraction.... the answer is fewer than you probably think. BTW, for me single airport = single city in terms of destination.

asuflyer

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 am

Only 25,000 Americans even visited Cyprus in 2017, and most likely those are Americans who live in Europe. Cyprus is largely an unknown place for Americans, many whom would have never heard of the country. Plus the tourism Cyprus is attracting is not exactly high-end, so fares would be too low to justify a long flight from JFK. Lastly, Cyprus is a beach-type vacation, and if Americans want that type of vacation they can do so much closer to home. When American tourists typically visit Europe they go to Italy, France and the UK and Ireland. Spain in recent years has become very popular. ATH works from NYC only because of the VFR links and summer tourism. OA used to fly daily to JFK before they went under restructuring, so capacity this was largely replaced by EK, and DL and UA seasonally.

LAXintl

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:14 am

In the 1990s Gulf Air tried it as a stop on their JFK service. Obviously did not last long.

Ultimately it's a tiny market and hardly one that has any meaningful links.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

jubguy3

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:18 am

It just be like that sometimes

mercure1

Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 am

Cypriot airlines have trouble maintaining some of their European links let alone far flung long haul adventure to US of all places.

To put things in perspective the entire population of Greek Southern Cyprus is 800,000. There certainly must be larger cities even in the Americas that don't have a JFK link.
mercure f-wtcc

Goodyear

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:38 am

I'm sure M-KATE makes the run quite often.

flyingclrs727

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:56 am

Which part of the US? JFK is not a good connecting airport. There are so many European hubs between the US and Cyprus, that it makes more sense to fly from the US to a major European hub to get to Cyprus.

flyingclrs727

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:07 am

asuflyer wrote:
Only 25,000 Americans even visited Cyprus in 2017, and most likely those are Americans who live in Europe. Cyprus is largely an unknown place for Americans, many whom would have never heard of the country. Plus the tourism Cyprus is attracting is not exactly high-end, so fares would be too low to justify a long flight from JFK. Lastly, Cyprus is a beach-type vacation, and if Americans want that type of vacation they can do so much closer to home. When American tourists typically visit Europe they go to Italy, France and the UK and Ireland. Spain in recent years has become very popular. ATH works from NYC only because of the VFR links and summer tourism. OA used to fly daily to JFK before they went under restructuring, so capacity this was largely replaced by EK, and DL and UA seasonally.

Lots of the US tourism from US residents to Cypress is via cruise ships, so flights to Cypress are rather irrelevant to them. There are lots of flights to major European hubs from US hubs spread all over the US on wide bodied aircraft. Cruise travel agents are much more likely to put customers on discounted seats to major hubs in Europe and ports of embarkation for cruises than to put them on flights to islands in the Mediterranean.

P1aneMad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 am

O&D market is very small to support such a route. The old state-run Cyprus Airways had purchased 2 A330s with the intent of flying to the US. Thankfully saner heads prevailed and instead they settled for a code-share agreement with Virgin Atlantic who picked up CY pax at LHR and moved them forward to North American destinations.
In the last few years after the demise of the state run CY flying to the island has greatly increased, three new local airlines started operations plus Ryanair and Blue Air opened bases. One of the local airlines, Cobalt which has Chinese funds backing it has repeatedly stated its intent to get long range aircraft and fly to the Far East and North America.
If this plan materializes is yet unknown.

continental004

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:36 am

No VFR, unknown destination among most Americans and most of all California offers a similar climate and plenty of tourist infrastructure within the continental US.

oldannyboy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 am

Tiny market?

VCy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am

Firstly, Cyprus in 1994 when Gulf Air used to fly the route was different to Cyprus in 2018. A lot of things have changed.

Additionally , It's important that culturaly a trip where you need to transit typically puts us off. We prefer travelling somewhere with direct flights. This is why the numbers have not really grown as much.

Cobalt air has mentioned a lot of times that they will add the US in a few years, after China. From my understanding they are referring to 2019 or 2020. But we'll see!

avi8tir

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:45 am

I'll take a stab at this.... how about this?

98% of Americans have no idea where Cyprus actually is.
*Long live the Widget*

BlatantEcho

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am

I live in the USA (western part). Going to Cyprus in September for first time.

You realize the island is split into two basically as well?
Half of it Greek. Half Turkish?

So, on one half of the island you can’t even fly to certain places. The other half is inverted. It’s wild.

Anyway, I’ve never met a single American who has gone. I’m not expecting much, but want to check it off with a 3 day stay.

Just too small

Bongodog1964

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:43 am

As a former British colony with English widely spoken, Cyprus has traditionally aimed itself at UK holidaymakers plus a significant number of British retiring there (My uncle amongst them)
Whilst it has a warm/hot climate, it is not a beach destination for the simple reason it has virtually no beaches !! You lay on a sunbed round the pool, not on the beach.
In recent years with many British people retiring on rather smaller pensions than was previously the case Cyprus has looked towards Russia for its immigrants of whom there are now many.
Demand from the USA is virtually zero.

OA940

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

If ATH doesn't attract foreign carriers (except in the summer) the far smaller LCA won't. And NYC has like a million Greeks. Same with Toronto and Montreal. How many Cypriots are there in NA?
A350/CSeries = bae

P1aneMad

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm

ATH has about 50 airlines serving it year-round.

airzim

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:19 pm

LAXintl wrote:
In the 1990s Gulf Air tried it as a stop on their JFK service. Obviously did not last long.

Actually the flight originated in Houston, IAH-JFK-LCA-BAH (I think) it might have varied between DOH and MCT given how GF operated back then.

MIflyer12

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:27 pm

asuflyer wrote:
Only 25,000 Americans even visited Cyprus in 2017.

Ding!

Cyprus is a big tourist destination for Europeans. 99 out of 100 Americans couldn't find Cyprus on a map and have no interest in going there. Sorry. Cypriots going to the U.S.? In any numbers?

OA260

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:41 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
asuflyer wrote:

Ding!

Cyprus is a big tourist destination for Europeans. 99 out of 100 Americans couldn't find Cyprus on a map and have no interest in going there. Sorry. Cypriots going to the U.S.? In any numbers?

Correct. If Cobalt decide to go TATL they will need the feed into LCA from surrounding areas to break even let alone make a profit. Most Cypriots fly Via an EU hub to get to the USA and those living in the North go TK Via IST. There is simply not the demand from Cyprus.

SurlyBonds

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:56 pm

asuflyer wrote:

Cyprus is making a push to become a center for the alternative investment fund industry in the Eastern Mediterranean (rather like Ireland did 15-20 years ago). I'm not saying they will succeed, or even that this alone would be sufficient to justify nonstop service, of course.

SurlyBonds

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:00 pm

avi8tir wrote:

Even assuming there's some real factual basis to this statistic, that the silliest metric for deciding on routes that I have ever heard of.

SurlyBonds

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:
In recent years with many British people retiring on rather smaller pensions than was previously the case Cyprus has looked towards Russia for its immigrants of whom there are now many.

The Russian influence has little to do with "replacing" British people. It's because (1) there are tax advantages for Russian companies to be wholly-owned by a Cypriot parent, and (2) there's visa-free travel for Russians.

SurlyBonds

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:04 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
99 out of 100 Americans couldn't find Cyprus on a map

Source for this assertion, please?

davescj

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:06 pm

SurlyBonds wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I cannot point to this as a 'provable' status either. But go to your local bar in the US, ask people to find it. Ask if they've ever heard of it. You'll have an answer.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

marcogr12

Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:
As a former British colony with English widely spoken, Cyprus has traditionally aimed itself at UK holidaymakers plus a significant number of British retiring there (My uncle amongst them)
Whilst it has a warm/hot climate, it is not a beach destination for the simple reason it has virtually no beaches !! You lay on a sunbed round the pool, not on the beach.

Are you serious???...you must be confusing Cyprus with some other place..Cyprus is..awash with beaches ..the whole coastline from Limassol to Larnaca to Ayia-Napa-Protaras(especially there) has some of the best beaches in Europe with warm clear waters and golden sand...And on the west side where Paphos is, has also nice beaches like the ones in Costa del Sol..Tourists flock to Cyprus to swim even in late November because the temp is still on the high 20s..
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

VCy

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:

www.lonelyplanet.com/amp/news/2015/05/2 ... s-ranking/

Cyprus has amongst the best beaches in Europe.

jetbluefan1

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:56 pm

AntonioMartin wrote:
Just saw Wikipedia article on Larnaca Airport and noticed no airline flies between it and the USA. Which left me wondering, why not at least a JFK connection? Isn't Cyprus a large enough tourist attraction to at least have seasonal from JFK? I know they are well connected through British, Emirates, Lufthansa, etc, but...

As a New Yorker with plenty of family in Cyprus, I for one would love a nonstop. But it just won't happen, for many reasons already mentioned here.

LAXintl wrote:

I flew this multiple times as a child, and each time we had severe delays for one reason or another. In fact, on one instance, the delay was so long that Gulf Air sent us to the Sheraton in Midtown for a few hours; on another instance, I still have vivid memory of sleeping on the T7 floor with my mother and sister since we were so exhausted as the flight kept on getting pushed back...until it was eventually cancelled. Good times.
davescj wrote:
SurlyBonds wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I cannot point to this as a 'provable' status either. But go to your local bar in the US, ask people to find it. Ask if they've ever heard of it. You'll have an answer.

As a Cypriot-American, I almost always refer to myself as "Greek" instead of Cypriot because 9/10 of Americans have ZERO idea what Cyprus is. It's pretty sad, but not surprising.

That said, Cyprus has been in the news a lot lately - and not for the right reasons. (See: money laundering, Russia, Paul Manafort....)

marcogr12 wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

Are you serious???...you must be confusing Cyprus with some other place..Cyprus is..awash with beaches ..the whole coastline from Limassol to Larnaca to Ayia-Napa-Protaras(especially there) has some of the best beaches in Europe with warm clear waters and golden sand...And on the west side where Paphos is, has also nice beaches like the ones in Costa del Sol..Tourists flock to Cyprus to swim even in late November because the temp is still on the high 20s..

:checkmark:

VCy wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/amp/news/20 ... s-ranking/

Not just Europe, but the world, if you ask me (although I'm biased). Ayia Napa and Kourion have some of the most beautiful waters and natural surroundings I've ever seen.

MIflyer12 wrote:
asuflyer wrote:

Ding!

Very few. It's sad, but the Cypriot economy has taken a hit, and it has had a devastating effect on the wealth of many Cypriots - most of whom cannot afford a trip to Crete, let alone the US. There is a very small expat community in Cyprus, but that is no reason to launch a nonstop flight to JFK - especially when there are countless well-priced options over DXB, LHR, AMS, ZRH, VIE, etc.

Bongodog1964

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:51 pm

VCy wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

Sorry a beach has a nice expanse of sand, thats pebbles.

Cunard

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:33 pm

davescj wrote:
SurlyBonds wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I wouldn't say that a bar was a very good place to take a consensus especially an American one!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

flyingclrs727

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:13 am

jetbluefan1 wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:

As a New Yorker with plenty of family in Cyprus, I for one would love a nonstop. But it just won't happen, for many reasons already mentioned here.

LAXintl wrote:

I flew this multiple times as a child, and each time we had severe delays for one reason or another. In fact, on one instance, the delay was so long that Gulf Air sent us to the Sheraton in Midtown for a few hours; on another instance, I still have vivid memory of sleeping on the T7 floor with my mother and sister since we were so exhausted as the flight kept on getting pushed back...until it was eventually cancelled. Good times.
davescj wrote:
SurlyBonds wrote:

As a Cypriot-American, I almost always refer to myself as "Greek" instead of Cypriot because 9/10 of Americans have ZERO idea what Cyprus is. It's pretty sad, but not surprising.

That said, Cyprus has been in the news a lot lately - and not for the right reasons. (See: money laundering, Russia, Paul Manafort....)

marcogr12 wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

VCy wrote:
Bongodog1964 wrote:

Not just Europe, but the world, if you ask me (although I'm biased). Ayia Napa and Kourion have some of the most beautiful waters and natural surroundings I've ever seen.

MIflyer12 wrote:
asuflyer wrote:

Ding!

Very few. It's sad, but the Cypriot economy has taken a hit, and it has had a devastating effect on the wealth of many Cypriots - most of whom cannot afford a trip to Crete, let alone the US. There is a very small expat community in Cyprus, but that is no reason to launch a nonstop flight to JFK - especially when there are countless well-priced options over DXB, LHR, AMS, ZRH, VIE, etc.

JFK is a terrible airport for international connections especially for an airline without an alliance partner in the same terminal. There are no airside connections between terminals, so making a connection requires going through security again at another terminal. Also LGA gets most of the domestic traffic to Queens, NYC inside from the LGA perimeter. This cuts down opportunities to feed international flights. It's much better to fly from a major hub anywhere in the US to any of European hubs to get a connecting flight.
Last edited by flyingclrs727 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

usdcaguy

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 am

Have often wondered about the possibility of running LCA-MLA-EWR in the summer. Unfortunately, even when combining the traffic from two cities, it’s hard to get enough PDEW. Also, most of the US does not live in NYC, and forcing them through EWR seems cruel.

Additionally, I believe plenty of Americans know that Cyprus exists, they just think it’s Crete, or they have no idea why they should go there. There has always been so little advertising about Cyprus in the US, and Turkey and its multitude of nonstops to the US is right next door.

cyba

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:53 am

SurlyBonds wrote:
there's visa-free travel for Russians.

That was true (and recciprocal) prior to Cyprus joining the EU. Since then, that's not the case any more. But having said that Cyprus makes it relatively easy for them to obtain visas.

rlwynn

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 pm

avi8tir wrote:

Tiger Woods was born there I think.
I can drive faster than you

Slash787

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:24 pm

A321LR could do Cyprus - JFK/EWR, a wide body would be too big for this route, there is not such a big demand.

rlwynn

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:39 pm

An A321LR can fly 4771nm?
I can drive faster than you

Cunard

Re: Why no US-Cyprus non stop?Grandson

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm

rlwynn wrote:
avi8tir wrote:

Tiger Woods was born there I think.

Are you actually for real???

Tiger Woods and I'm assuming you mean the golfer was on born on the 30 December 1975 in Cypress, California, USA.

Now the big question, do you actually know where the country of Cyprus is?
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

Blerg

Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Let's look at this from another perspective. Last year Cyprus had 3.6 million tourists while Larnaca and Paphos welcomed over 10 million passengers. That's pretty impressive for a country that's home to some 839.000 people. That can only mean tourism is not the only reason why airlines decide to launch flights to one of the two airports in the unoccupied area.

In addition to Gulf Air, Kuwait Airways used to operate North American flights out of Larnaca. Cyprus Airways did not get the A332 for New York, they needed a replacement for their ageing A310s. Initially the plan was for CY to get two B763s but Brussels lobbied hard in favor of the A330.

Furthermore, we should not overlook the fact that Emirates have been flying to LCA for around two decades and even today EK sees a lot of premium demand which is why they send their three class B777. EK launched LCA long before they even considered expanding in some much larger markets.
Qatar Airways recently increased LCA to double daily and Gulf Air has been flying to the island despite their current state. Yields must be decent if so many airlines are sticking around?

I am not saying airlines are rushing to launch Larnaca-North America flights but I wouldn't go as far as to say that there is no demand. Funnily enough, Wargaming is the biggest employer on the island, that's where they have their HQ in addition to owning shares in Hellenic Bank. In addition to them, University of Nicosia was bought by a US investment fund some years ago.

skyduster

Tue May 15, 2018 6:41 am

AntonioMartin wrote:

Well, you answered your own question. Cyprus is well-connected to European hubs. That's all the island needs.

Yes, Cyprus is a tourist destination, but the vast majority of tourists come from from the European Union/EEA, or Russia/Ukraine, or Israel. Cyprus doesn't have flights to the US for the same reason Malta, Bali, and Luxembourg don't. Small places that don't justify long-hauls. Bali has a major tourism industry like Cyprus; no flights to the US. Keep in mind most tourism is regional.

To be fair, some small Caribbean islands have limited transatlantic flights. Some of these are overseas territories, so a flight between, say, Grand Cayman and London is a domestic flight that connects the island with the British mainland. Some tiny sovereign states, like Antigua and Barbuda, also have transatlantic flights. This is partly due to the nature of tourism seasons in the Caribbean vs Mediterranean, and European tourists vs North Americans... Northern Europeans always have reasons to go elsewhere for beach weather, since even summers are unreliable in Northern Europe. Thus, Northern Europeans have the Mediterranean in the summer, but also the Caribbean (or southeast Asia) in the winter. Americans and Canadians, otoh, don't need to leave the USA/Canada in the summer, so there's less demand for them to go to the Med for a beach holiday during the summer (which is the Med's season).

OA940 wrote:
If ATH doesn't attract foreign carriers (except in the summer) the far smaller LCA won't. And NYC has like a million Greeks. Same with Toronto and Montreal. How many Cypriots are there in NA?

A million? Come on, man. So you're saying one in 18 people in the New York metro area is "Greek"? (from Greece or recent-enough Greek descent?) Nonsense. Try under 100,000 in the NYC area, and roughly that in Boston and Chicago as well. Maybe double that if we include people that reported partial Greek ancestry (like half or less) in the American Community Survey but have no ties whatsoever to the country. No where close to a million in each metro.

I've said this and I'll say it again, people on these boards vastly overstate the VFR market to ATH from the US and Canada. It's a tourism route; that's all. Not VFR. Greece is a fairly popular destination for Americans, ranking around the 20th most popular country for Americans to visit (not bad, given that it's a long-haul destination and there are about 200 countries in the world). The number of Americans visiting Greece annually is fast approaching one million if it hasn't already, rivaling the Dutch, Poles, Bulgarians, French, Russians, and Italians (Germans and Brits are about 2-3 million each).

Blerg wrote:
Let's look at this from another perspective. Last year Cyprus had 3.6 million tourists while Larnaca and Paphos welcomed over 10 million passengers. That's pretty impressive for a country that's home to some 839.000 people. That can only mean tourism is not the only reason why airlines decide to launch flights to one of the two airports in the unoccupied area.

Furthermore, we should not overlook the fact that Emirates have been flying to LCA for around two decades and even today EK sees a lot of premium demand which is why they send their three class B777. EK launched LCA long before they even considered expanding in some much larger markets.
Qatar Airways recently increased LCA to double daily and Gulf Air has been flying to the island despite their current state. Yields must be decent if so many airlines are sticking around?

Keep in mind the LCA/PFO 10 million pax/year figure is arrivals + departures, and Cypriots themselves traveling abroad. As you noted, the figure of foreigners visiting the country is 3.6 million in the most recent year. It's a lot for a country the size of Cyprus, but by comparison, nearby Greece received 30 million international visitors in 2017.

As for flights to the Middle East: they're pretty limited. EK does LCA-DXB, MS to CAI, QR to DOH, RJ to AMM. These partly serve as hubs, yes, but Cyprus also has some business ties to the Middle East. Cyprus is an offshore baking center, it's a stepping stone to the EU, and It's not unheard of for, say, a wealthy British expat based in Dubai to move his family to Cyprus (a European island so close to the ME) and commute every weekend. Still, LCA's routes to European (including Russian) destinations far outnumber ME destinations.
mostly lurker, very rare poster

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Tue May 15, 2018 8:46 am

skyduster wrote:
Cyprus is an offshore baking center.

Wonder if their chocolate is good... :)

Melbourne

Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm

OA940 wrote:

Not sure if you're serious or not, Athens has year round services to Newark, Beijing and Singapore in the long haul market and a good portion of medium and short haul foreign carriers serve Athens year round and it pretty much linked up to every major and medium sized hub in Europe and Middle East

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos