OB1504
Posts: 3580
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:58 pm

FedEx747 wrote:
rouge has a very poor customer service rating from me too, I was flying on the YYZ-LAS flight and it was on a 767. Very good flight, no turbulence, even though during very harsh weather in toronto. On the return trip, they stuffed us all into a A321. Horrible idea. It was they worst flight I have ever taken. Most of the flight involved heavy turbulence, even though there was no bad weather. When we where still taxing at LAS, we saw smoke coming into the coming through the overhead bins. The crew took notice, but did not want to repair it before we took off (we had already been delayed for 3 hours).


Have you never heard of clear air turbulence? Turbulence can happen absent any visible weather.

And how exactly does turbulence affect your perception of an airline’s customer service? The airline has absolutely no control over that.

I guarantee you that what you saw was not smoke. The crew wants to live just as much as you do and would’ve refused to fly an aircraft that was doing that. It was most likely condensation from the air conditioning, which happens all the time on A320 series aircraft.
 
matt
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:25 am

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
jwjsamster wrote:
Do we know where it is heading? YYZ or YUL?


I would have said YUL, but flightaware reports it's heading to YVR.

https://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA2325

jwjsamster wrote:
Also is it already in AC colours?


Yes.


I wonder when its entry into service is planned... The two ex-TP A330s will start operating transatlantic flights in mid-June (YUL-ALG and YUL/YVR-DUB), so the one AC just received could be usefull until then considering the MAX's absence from the schedule. Your thoughts?
Next flights: YQM-YUL-MIA-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-LYS-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-FRA-MLA-FRA-YUL-YQM
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm

matt wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
jwjsamster wrote:
Do we know where it is heading? YYZ or YUL?


I would have said YUL, but flightaware reports it's heading to YVR.

https://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA2325

jwjsamster wrote:
Also is it already in AC colours?


Yes.


I wonder when its entry into service is planned... The two ex-TP A330s will start operating transatlantic flights in mid-June (YUL-ALG and YUL/YVR-DUB), so the one AC just received could be usefull until then considering the MAX's absence from the schedule. Your thoughts?


If memory serves (I haven't had a coffee yet today, so be warned) AC converted YUL-DUB to Rouge to presumably help with slacking the A333 fleet to cover the grounding.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Odd. Never knew AC operated 333s. I see their 767s sometimes. I thought the 767s were about the same as far as performance, range, etc.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:06 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
If memory serves (I haven't had a coffee yet today, so be warned) AC converted YUL-DUB to Rouge to presumably help with slacking the A333 fleet to cover the grounding.


From what I've just seen in their site, AC818/819 are still to be operated with an Airbus.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
Odd. Never knew AC operated 333s.


Where were you? It's almost 20 years since the first joined the fleet.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:10 pm

OB1504 wrote:
FedEx747 wrote:
rouge has a very poor customer service rating from me too, I was flying on the YYZ-LAS flight and it was on a 767. Very good flight, no turbulence, even though during very harsh weather in toronto. On the return trip, they stuffed us all into a A321. Horrible idea. It was they worst flight I have ever taken. Most of the flight involved heavy turbulence, even though there was no bad weather. When we where still taxing at LAS, we saw smoke coming into the coming through the overhead bins. The crew took notice, but did not want to repair it before we took off (we had already been delayed for 3 hours).


NOT the airline's fault! They can't control the weather. Also- I've noticed the "smoke" before. It was explained to me that it is NOT smoke and it is instead condensation. They may be a budget airline, but these are certainly a) weather beyond their control and b) a result of warm humid air coming into the cold dry cabin air.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
If memory serves (I haven't had a coffee yet today, so be warned) AC converted YUL-DUB to Rouge to presumably help with slacking the A333 fleet to cover the grounding.


From what I've just seen in their site, AC818/819 are still to be operated with an Airbus.


YUL/YVR-DUB will start with a Rouge 763 in May before switching to 333 in June.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:13 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Odd. Never knew AC operated 333s.


Where were you? It's almost 20 years since the first joined the fleet.

Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
User avatar
leleko747
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:15 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.


Yeah but there's the Internet! :spin:
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:15 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
Odd. Never knew AC operated 333s. I see their 767s sometimes. I thought the 767s were about the same as far as performance, range, etc.

To be specific, I see them on FR24 ;)
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:16 pm

leleko747 wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.


Yeah but there's the Internet! :spin:

Yep. Just never though they did the 330s. Might be thinking of Rouge. love the new AC livery tho.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
User avatar
767333ER
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm

FedEx747 wrote:
rouge has a very poor customer service rating from me too, I was flying on the YYZ-LAS flight and it was on a 767. Very good flight, no turbulence, even though during very harsh weather in toronto. On the return trip, they stuffed us all into a A321. Horrible idea. It was they worst flight I have ever taken. Most of the flight involved heavy turbulence, even though there was no bad weather. When we where still taxing at LAS, we saw smoke coming into the coming through the overhead bins. The crew took notice, but did not want to repair it before we took off (we had already been delayed for 3 hours).

Riiiight because turbulence is controlled by a switch in the cockpit and only Air Canada would be evil enough to do that, WestJet would NEVER do such a thing. So let me get this straight, if you used WestJet that day you be jammed in on a 737, I’d rather an A321 thanks. You’d still get the turbulence, again I’d rather the A321 thanks. And if there’s smoke coming from the overhead bins you smell it because smoke is typically something you smell before you see and it would fill the cabin and suffocate people, but the typical AC condensation on an A320 cannot be smelled and does not fill the cabin and only someone that is ignorant enough to think turbulence is the airline’s fault would not be able to tell the difference between vapour and smoke!
Been on: 732 733 734 73G 738 752 763 A319 A320 A321 CRJ CR7 CRA/CR9 E145 E175 E190 F28 MD-82 MD-83 C172R C172S P2006T
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm

yulexpansion wrote:
YUL/YVR-DUB will start with a Rouge 763 in May before switching to 333 in June.


The June switch was announced before the grounding.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... nada%20S19

DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.



Okay, I understand. Here's a detailed fleet of almost all AC's jetliners since the DC-8. Still missing is the L1011 fleet. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Air-Canada
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.



[/quote=SpaceshipDC-10]Okay, I understand. Here's a detailed fleet of almost all AC's jetliners since the DC-8. Still missing is the L1011 fleet. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Air-Canada[/quote]

Thanks! I remember the DC-8s, mostly because they're like MD-80s.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
User avatar
GlobalAirways
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300'S in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

AMollenhauer9 wrote:
JannEejit wrote:
More ex Air Berlin fleet by any chance, or were those all 332's ?


Those were all A330-200s. I've heard these aircraft will be coming from SQ.


I would have to agree with you, probably in great condition, low miles... (kicks tires)...
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. ~ W. Clement Stone
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

yulexpansion wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
If memory serves (I haven't had a coffee yet today, so be warned) AC converted YUL-DUB to Rouge to presumably help with slacking the A333 fleet to cover the grounding.


From what I've just seen in their site, AC818/819 are still to be operated with an Airbus.


YUL/YVR-DUB will start with a Rouge 763 in May before switching to 333 in June.


From what I am seeing on another forum, YUL-DUB remains on Rouge through June.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:59 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
From what I am seeing on another forum, YUL-DUB remains on Rouge through June.


Well, I guess we just have to wait and see.
 
SwissCanuck
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:06 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:04 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.



[/quote=SpaceshipDC-10]Okay, I understand. Here's a detailed fleet of almost all AC's jetliners since the DC-8. Still missing is the L1011 fleet. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Air-Canada


Thanks! I remember the DC-8s, mostly because they're like MD-80s.[/quote]
You're thinking of the DC-9 ;) (AC had 9s too)

DC-9/MD8x-9x/717 is essentially the same plane.

The DC-8 is/was a 4 engine narrowbody which was Douglas' answer to the 707.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

FedEx747 wrote:
beechnut wrote:
FedEx747 wrote:
Rouge I think won't retire their 767s until they can find a better long range wide body airliner (are they getting 787s)?


I hope so, the 767s are getting long in the tooth. I've flown Rouge internationally on 3 round trips, EDI, GLA and FCO. On the outward FCO trip, and the inbound GLA trip, we incurred long technical delays, even though these were thoroughly overhauled birds. It was not confidence-inspiring.

The only bright spot is that on the homebound GLA trip I was able to invoke the European delay laws. I refused AC's initial offer of a $100 gift certificate applicable to my next flight and insisted they apply the European law entitling us to 600 Euros each (wife and I). With the exchange rate it worked out to our round trip being very nearly free...

Beech


Yes,

rouge has a very poor customer service rating from me too, I was flying on the YYZ-LAS flight and it was on a 767. Very good flight, no turbulence, even though during very harsh weather in toronto. On the return trip, they stuffed us all into a A321. Horrible idea. It was they worst flight I have ever taken. Most of the flight involved heavy turbulence, even though there was no bad weather. When we where still taxing at LAS, we saw smoke coming into the coming through the overhead bins. The crew took notice, but did not want to repair it before we took off (we had already been delayed for 3 hours).

My point about the 767 is that it is a good plane, but it is overdue to be retired. I hope they replace is with 787 or A3XX Neos. (A330 neo?) Although, for entertainment, i have looked into how many flight rouge flies with the 767. The 767 is by far the most used plane in Rouge.

Thanks,

FedEx747[/quote

This has to be about the most ignorant uninformed thing I've read on here in a while! I could go into detail about what you call "heavy turbulence" and how you think the 321 is susceptible to it while a 767 isn't is poppycock. Also the so called "smoke". Give me a break... It's obvious you don't get out much!
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
yulexpansion wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

From what I've just seen in their site, AC818/819 are still to be operated with an Airbus.


YUL/YVR-DUB will start with a Rouge 763 in May before switching to 333 in June.


From what I am seeing on another forum, YUL-DUB remains on Rouge through June.


Indeed, seems like the start date for AC818 is July 2 now. They are most likely using the 333 in June for transcon.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 pm

CFM565A1 wrote:
FedEx747 wrote:
beechnut wrote:

I hope so, the 767s are getting long in the tooth. I've flown Rouge internationally on 3 round trips, EDI, GLA and FCO. On the outward FCO trip, and the inbound GLA trip, we incurred long technical delays, even though these were thoroughly overhauled birds. It was not confidence-inspiring.

The only bright spot is that on the homebound GLA trip I was able to invoke the European delay laws. I refused AC's initial offer of a $100 gift certificate applicable to my next flight and insisted they apply the European law entitling us to 600 Euros each (wife and I). With the exchange rate it worked out to our round trip being very nearly free...

Beech


Yes,

rouge has a very poor customer service rating from me too, I was flying on the YYZ-LAS flight and it was on a 767. Very good flight, no turbulence, even though during very harsh weather in toronto. On the return trip, they stuffed us all into a A321. Horrible idea. It was they worst flight I have ever taken. Most of the flight involved heavy turbulence, even though there was no bad weather. When we where still taxing at LAS, we saw smoke coming into the coming through the overhead bins. The crew took notice, but did not want to repair it before we took off (we had already been delayed for 3 hours).

My point about the 767 is that it is a good plane, but it is overdue to be retired. I hope they replace is with 787 or A3XX Neos. (A330 neo?) Although, for entertainment, i have looked into how many flight rouge flies with the 767. The 767 is by far the most used plane in Rouge.

Thanks,

FedEx747


This has to be about the most ignorant uninformed thing I've read on here in a while! I could go into detail about what you call "heavy turbulence" and how you think the 321 is susceptible to it while a 767 isn't is poppycock. Also the so called "smoke". Give me a break... It's obvious you don't get out much![/quote]
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
alexdelzotto1
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 am

yulexpansion wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
yulexpansion wrote:

YUL/YVR-DUB will start with a Rouge 763 in May before switching to 333 in June.


From what I am seeing on another forum, YUL-DUB remains on Rouge through June.


Indeed, seems like the start date for AC818 is July 2 now. They are most likely using the 333 in June for transcon.


Will be used on AC797/AC798 from YUL-LAX.

From 4 7M8 flight to 3.

1 A333
2 A320
 
User avatar
SQ789
Posts: 601
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 am

C-GEFA was the first one. It still have the same seating/configuration like SQ does.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 am

Do we know when the fourth should join the fleet?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 pm

The other day, when I found out that C-GEFA was heading to YVR I suspected it was to continue its journey to Singapore. That's what's happening. Right now, it's on the move about to depart Vancouver to HND before continuing to QPG.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ACA2315/2034434c
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:27 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
The other day, when I found out that C-GEFA was heading to YVR I suspected it was to continue its journey to Singapore. That's what's happening. Right now, it's on the move about to depart Vancouver to HND before continuing to QPG.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ACA2315/2034434c


That's where AC normally does heavy checks/maintenance on most of their WB fleet I believe
 
EChid
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
jwjsamster wrote:
Do we know where it is heading? YYZ or YUL?


I would have said YUL, but flightaware reports it's heading to YVR.

https://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA2325

jwjsamster wrote:
Also is it already in AC colours?


Yes.

I believe AC is using this aircraft to serve DUB from YVR, so that could be why.
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:36 pm

EChid wrote:
I believe AC is using this aircraft to serve DUB from YVR, so that could be why.


Well, we'll see if that's the case, but for now, it's on its way from HND to QPG.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Contrary to what I thought, it didn't land at QPG but at SIN instead. Due to lack of space or because it's a former SQ?
 
lhrnue
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Are they filling TATL gaps left by the MAX?
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:13 pm

lhrnue wrote:
Are they filling TATL gaps left by the MAX?

At the moment it doesn't look like it. They were purchased well before the while max issue, and allocated as a result. One has been pulled off YUL-DUB temporarily however to presumably help transcon.
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4030
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:27 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
The other day, when I found out that C-GEFA was heading to YVR I suspected it was to continue its journey to Singapore. That's what's happening. Right now, it's on the move about to depart Vancouver to HND before continuing to QPG.

If AC was planning to send it to SIN all along, why didn't they do LIS-SIN instead of taking the long way around? Was it worked on at YVR or are there tax issues as it was the first flight under a Canadian registration or...... Just curious.
Inadequate healthcare killing more than illegal immigrants, that's a national emergency
Opioid crisis killing more than illegal immigrants, that's a national emergency
Would-be king who can't figure this out, that's a national emergency
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:43 pm

blueflyer wrote:
If AC was planning to send it to SIN all along, why didn't they do LIS-SIN instead of taking the long way around? Was it worked on at YVR or are there tax issues as it was the first flight under a Canadian registration or...... Just curious.


I don't have the definitive answer to that question but I suspect you're right.
 
User avatar
ojjunior
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:31 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:59 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.


Hmm.. I see...
Then I don't believe Titanic has sank. Don't even believe it ever existed because I went diving and didn't see it.
Is that your POV?
 
fightforlove
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:25 pm

Great to see the A333 stay in AC's fleet this long. I was worried they would retire them when they started retiring the A340s.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:13 pm

fightforlove wrote:
Great to see the A333 stay in AC's fleet this long. I was worried they would retire them when they started retiring the A340s.


The A333 is very versatil, and AC use it that way. You find them on many trans-Atlantic routes but also on short hops betwen YUL and YYZ or from these two airports to YEG, YYC and YVR. Back then Boeing had nothing to offer that could compare with the Airbus.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:45 pm

ojjunior wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Well I'm not 20. Also, I don't see any AC aircraft other than RJ's because I spot at BWI.


Hmm.. I see...
Then I don't believe Titanic has sank. Don't even believe it ever existed because I went diving and didn't see it.
Is that your POV?

NO. Believing and knowing are 2 different things. I did not KNOW that AC operated 333s.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
User avatar
ACCS300
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Will these 4 additions be getting the all-new cabins along with the original 8 in late 2019?

I would assume AC can't wait to change over the SQ interiors for product commonality especially with the new Signature Service brand for their WB business class product.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 998
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:17 pm

ACCS300 wrote:
Will these 4 additions be getting the all-new cabins along with the original 8 in late 2019?

I would assume AC can't wait to change over the SQ interiors for product commonality especially with the new Signature Service brand for their WB business class product.


These 4, the previous 8 and a 5th coming in 2020 will get a new cabin, as far as I know, it'll happen next winter.
 
yulexpansion
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:52 am

Given that the 333 has a narrower fuselage than the 787/777, will they still use a 1-2-1 configuration in J for their Super Diamond? How would they achieve it? By making the seats narrower or the aisles?
 
Airlinerdude
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 am

yulexpansion wrote:
Given that the 333 has a narrower fuselage than the 787/777, will they still use a 1-2-1 configuration in J for their Super Diamond? How would they achieve it? By making the seats narrower or the aisles?


I believe Virgin Australia also uses the Super Diamond seat for their J product on the 330. It fits just fine in a 1-2-1 configuration.
 
EChid
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:51 am

Airlinerdude wrote:
yulexpansion wrote:
Given that the 333 has a narrower fuselage than the 787/777, will they still use a 1-2-1 configuration in J for their Super Diamond? How would they achieve it? By making the seats narrower or the aisles?


I believe Virgin Australia also uses the Super Diamond seat for their J product on the 330. It fits just fine in a 1-2-1 configuration.

Yep, I've been in the VA J product and it feels nearly identical in dimensions to the 787s in terms of space. No worries there.

As for refits, obviously the ex-SQ birds go first. The lack of lie-flat is hindering AC's ability to deploy them more widely, so they'll want that fixed ASAP. Who knows how much of a hole the MAX issues burn in that schedule though.
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J
 
ACATROYAL
Topic Author
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:09 pm

Now it looks like Air Canada will lease 2 Qatar 330-200's for the summer seasons to offset the grounded 737MAX...I wonder if these will be painted in AC colours
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:15 pm

ACATROYAL wrote:
I wonder if these will be painted in AC colours


I doubt that. It's too short-time. I think, at best, they'll sport titles and tail logo.
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 pm

AC842 to Dublin turned back last night after 20 mins in the air, a333 C-GFAF, and flight was subsequently cancelled. Anyone any insights?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 pm

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
AC842 to Dublin turned back last night after 20 mins in the air, a333 C-GFAF, and flight was subsequently cancelled. Anyone any insights?


Don't know the reason, but C-GFAF's next mission seem to be, so far, scheduled for tomorrow on a YYZ-YYC run.

Edit: during April, that aircraft has flown every single day be it to Hawaii, Europe, Morocco or cross-country.
 
chrisa330
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue May 07, 2019 12:00 am

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
AC842 to Dublin turned back last night after 20 mins in the air, a333 C-GFAF, and flight was subsequently cancelled. Anyone any insights?


Returned to YYZ due to an engine vibration.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun May 12, 2019 10:54 am

N° 2 has been ferried back to LIS yesterday, before being officially delivered in a few days and ferried to the other side of the world.

Airbus A330 -343 1006 C- Air Canada ferried 11may19 GIG-LIS after paint, CS-reg prior delivery ex CS-TOV
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6197
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 am

Looks like no. 2 has its new registration now. Yesterday it has flown a functional flight over the Atlantic.



Airbus A330 -343 1006 C-GEGC Air Canada ferried 11may19 GIG-LIS after paint, CS-reg prior delivery ex CS-TOV

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos