• 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Fri May 24, 2019 8:43 am

C-GEGC has been flown yesterday to YVR, before continuing I guess like the other one, to HND and then Singapore.
 
MoreMiles
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 5:01 pm

I noticed that the number of A330s joining the fleet has changed back to 4 from 5. Can someone confirm this?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 5:08 pm

MoreMiles wrote:
I noticed that the number of A330s joining the fleet has changed back to 4 from 5. Can someone confirm this?


Although I haven't searched everywhere on internet, A.net is the only place where I've "heard" of a fifth second-hand A333.
 
codyul
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
MoreMiles wrote:
I noticed that the number of A330s joining the fleet has changed back to 4 from 5. Can someone confirm this?


Although I haven't searched everywhere on internet, A.net is the only place where I've "heard" of a fifth second-hand A333.


The 5th was announced by Air Canada in its 2018 MDA.
YUL PNC :weightlifter:
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:05 pm

C-GEFA has entered service and hals already been used on to ALG, CMN, YVR and today LAX.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:38 pm

MoreMiles wrote:
I noticed that the number of A330s joining the fleet has changed back to 4 from 5. Can someone confirm this?


Where was the change made? ( I don't seem to recall a formal announcement of the additional 5th, it was just in an investor report as noted by another poster.) With that being said, I would not be surprised to see another couple, bringing the fleet to 14/15 frames.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 pm

Any known reason as to why C-GEFA is delayed at LYS today?

It departed YUL yesterday 3+ hours late and is so far scheduled to leave LYS 8 hours late.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:36 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Any known reason as to why C-GEFA is delayed at LYS today?

It departed YUL yesterday 3+ hours late and is so far scheduled to leave LYS 8 hours late.


So AC829 left LYS at 19:56 instead of 10:00 and has in the meantime diverted to YYT. Tough luck for the passengers
 
User avatar
SilverwingSpttr
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:18 am

I photographed C-GEFA over the weekend at LAX, flying in from YUL.

Image
_____
@SilverwingSpotter on IG, Flickr, YouTube, and Twitter
A306, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A346, A388, B712, B732, B733, B734, B73G, B738, B739, B744, B752, B753, B762, B763, B764, B772, B77L, B788, C172, C208, DC-3, DC-10, MD-11, MD-81, MD-82
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:23 am

C-GEGC will soon enter service as it's currently flying QPG-HND.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:27 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
C-GEGC will soon enter service as it's currently flying QPG-HND.


It's now a couple hundreds miles northwest of YUL and according to F24 it could already enter service tonight with a flight to ALG. That remains to be seen.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Slightly off topic, seems Rouge will be taking more 320s/321s than originally planned as well!
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:16 pm

CFM565A1 wrote:
Slightly off topic, seems Rouge will be taking more 320s/321s than originally planned as well!

I imagine they took more of the remaining WOW A321s, where have they got the A320s from?
 
chrisa330
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:26 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
I imagine they took more of the remaining WOW A321s, where have they got the A320s from?


6 A321s from Wow, and at least 3 A320s coming from Interjet. I believe the fleet plan said there were 6 A320s coming, but I’m going from memory.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:34 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
chrisa330 wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
I imagine they took more of the remaining WOW A321s, where have they got the A320s from?


6 A321s from Wow, and at least 3 A320s coming from Interjet. I believe the fleet plan said there were 6 A320s coming, but I’m going from memory.


Now that you mention it, I honestly can’t remember the number put beside the 320s... you could very well be right.

I think the increase in 321s will allow for the oldest 767s to exit the fleet whenever. They’d be deployed on the FL routes rather than the 767s we see frequently now. Then if and most likely when Transat is purchased it will be interesting.
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:40 pm

CFM565A1 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
chrisa330 wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
I imagine they took more of the remaining WOW A321s, where have they got the A320s from?


6 A321s from Wow, and at least 3 A320s coming from Interjet. I believe the fleet plan said there were 6 A320s coming, but I’m going from memory.


Now that you mention it, I honestly can’t remember the number put beside the 320s... you could very well be right.

I think the increase in 321s will allow for the oldest 767s to exit the fleet whenever. They’d be deployed on the FL routes rather than the 767s we see frequently now. Then if and most likely when Transat is purchased it will be interesting.


Could the A320's likewise be replacements for the mid 90s A319's?
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:48 pm

CFM565A1 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
chrisa330 wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
I imagine they took more of the remaining WOW A321s, where have they got the A320s from?


6 A321s from Wow, and at least 3 A320s coming from Interjet. I believe the fleet plan said there were 6 A320s coming, but I’m going from memory.


Now that you mention it, I honestly can’t remember the number put beside the 320s... you could very well be right.

I think the increase in 321s will allow for the oldest 767s to exit the fleet whenever. They’d be deployed on the FL routes rather than the 767s we see frequently now. Then if and most likely when Transat is purchased it will be interesting.


Regardless of the number, that's wise IMO, the A321 seats ~30% fewer pax, but probably burns half the fuel, so they can either add frequency or boost yields/LFs. The ideal 763 replacement is likely going to end up being the 797, there are about 5 763s at rouge that are knocking on the door of 30 years old, the rest are much younger, this buys time, which is what they need right now, as they wait for the 797.
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:02 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
CFM565A1 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
chrisa330 wrote:

6 A321s from Wow, and at least 3 A320s coming from Interjet. I believe the fleet plan said there were 6 A320s coming, but I’m going from memory.


Now that you mention it, I honestly can’t remember the number put beside the 320s... you could very well be right.

I think the increase in 321s will allow for the oldest 767s to exit the fleet whenever. They’d be deployed on the FL routes rather than the 767s we see frequently now. Then if and most likely when Transat is purchased it will be interesting.


Regardless of the number, that's wise IMO, the A321 seats ~30% fewer pax, but probably burns half the fuel, so they can either add frequency or boost yields/LFs. The ideal 763 replacement is likely going to end up being the 797, there are about 5 763s at rouge that are knocking on the door of 30 years old, the rest are much younger, this buys time, which is what they need right now, as they wait for the 797.


***if the 797 ever happens*** but I would agree in principle that it’s the best choice
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: B1900D, DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER/M8, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, A330-300, 787-9, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
boeing767300
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:18 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
C-GEGC will soon enter service as it's currently flying QPG-HND.


It's now a couple hundreds miles northwest of YUL and according to F24 it could already enter service tonight with a flight to ALG. That remains to be seen.


It’s scheduled on AC797/798 for the next two days. YUL-LAX-YUL. My apologies for getting back on topic.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Air Canada will add 4 more A330-300s in 2019

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:49 pm

boeing767300 wrote:
It’s scheduled on AC797/798 for the next two days. YUL-LAX-YUL. My apologies for getting back on topic.


Okay, so no intercontinental flights for the first few days. Thus AC now has ten A333s in the fleet with a tight summer schedule, thanks to MAX...
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:48 pm

I think it was on time to update the title, welcome in the AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:56 pm

SQ22 wrote:
I think it was on time to update the title, welcome in the AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread.


Good idea. I was considering something similar yesterday but with a new thread.

boeing767300 wrote:
It’s scheduled on AC797/798 for the next two days. YUL-LAX-YUL. My apologies for getting back on topic.


In the end it's C-FNOE that's flying it today. C-GEGC, as I write this, is now slated to fly YUL-ALG-YUL-YYZ-YUL from tonight. We'll see.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:03 pm

C-GFAF seems to have some problems. Its recent flights have been late, including when it flew back from BRU to YUL last Friday. It only left Montreal today on its next mission with flight 797 to LAX but had to return less than two hours in the air.
 
matt
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:33 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
C-GFAF seems to have some problems. Its recent flights have been late, including when it flew back from BRU to YUL last Friday. It only left Montreal today on its next mission with flight 797 to LAX but had to return less than two hours in the air.


I've been tracking the A330s for the last week. Some delays, but all is good now. All 10 are currently in the air (1430 GMT):

C-GHKY operating YUL-YVR
C-GFAJ operating YUL-LAX
C-GHLM operating LHR-YUL
C-GHKW operating GVA-YUL
C-GFAH operating DUB-YYZ
C-GHKR operating LYS-YUL
C-GFUR operating BRU-YUL
C-GFAF operating CMN-YUL
C-GEGC operating ALG-YUL
C-GEFA operating DUB-YUL

It is a rather tight schedule with not much down time for the A330s.
Next flights: YQM-YUL-MIA-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-LYS-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-FRA-MLA-FRA-YUL-YQM
 
LDRA
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:01 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:39 pm

The newer ones from SQ, are they 233T MTOW? The old AC A333 are 215T right?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm

matt wrote:
It is a rather tight schedule with not much down time for the A330s.


Yes it is. Isn't one allocated to YUL-LAX to cover for the fleet reshuffle following the Max grounding?
 
matt
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 1:36 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:13 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
matt wrote:
It is a rather tight schedule with not much down time for the A330s.


Yes it is. Isn't one allocated to YUL-LAX to cover for the fleet reshuffle following the Max grounding?


Yes, indeed. This is the A330 schedule for the peak summer period (July-August)

MASTER 333 SCHEDULE (10 frames)
Summer 2019 (July-August)


(-) AC 797 YUL-LAX 0740-1027 333
(-) AC 798 LAX-YUL 1155-2005 333

(-) AC 834 YYZ-YUL 1800-1915 333
(-) AC 834 YUL-GVA 2050-1005+ 333
(-) AC 835 GVA-YUL 1255-1500 333
(-) AC 835 YUL-YYZ 1700-1822 333

(-) AC 864 YUL-LHR 2245-1025+ 333
(-) AC 865 LHR-YUL 1405-1625 333

(-) AC 832 YUL-BRU 1950-0840+ 333
(-) AC 833 BRU-YUL 1045-1220 333

12456 AC 828 YUL-LYS 1910-0825+ 333
23567 AC 829 LYS-YUL 1000-1205 333

123567 AC 808 YUL-CMN 1905-0710+ 333
123467 AC 809 CMN-YUL 0910-1155 333

347 AC 082 YUL-TLV 1615-0940+ 333
145 AC 083 TLV-YUL 1125-1610 333

(-) AC 842 YYZ-DUB 2305-1040+ 333
(-) AC 843 DUB-YYZ 1225-1450 333

(-) AC 301 YUL-YVR 0725-0945 333
(-) AC 302 YVR-YUL 1130-1916 333

(-) AC 321 YUL-YYC 1335-1613 333
(-) AC 322 YYC-YUL 1735-2338 333

Ex-TP

1357 AC 862 YVR-DUB 1520-0830+ 333
1357 AC 863 DUB-YVR 1015-1140 333

246 AC 818 YUL-DUB 2115-0830+ 333
246 AC 819 DUB-YUL 1015-1205 333

24567 AC 810 YUL-ALG 2110-1000+ 333
13567 AC 811 ALG-YUL 1300-1635 333
Next flights: YQM-YUL-MIA-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-LYS-YUL-YQM / YQM-YUL-FRA-MLA-FRA-YUL-YQM
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am

LDRA wrote:
The newer ones from SQ, are they 233T MTOW? The old AC A333 are 215T right?


The old AC A333s are 230t.

The ex. SQ birds in service (2 of them so far) are 233t and 235 t.

Click on the civil registration of each aircraft in the list below to see the MTOW.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... c&m=%7c%7c
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
LDRA
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:01 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:13 am

Thenoflyzone wrote:
LDRA wrote:
The newer ones from SQ, are they 233T MTOW? The old AC A333 are 215T right?


The old AC A333s are 230t.

The ex. SQ birds in service (2 of them so far) are 233t and 235 t.

Click on the civil registration of each aircraft in the list below to see the MTOW.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... c&m=%7c%7c


Many thanks!
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:47 pm

From an internal source, AC has acquired a further 6 A330-300s, to bring the total fleet to 19 aircraft. I don't have any further information, as far as I gather, this is a very recent development, so very much subject to change. No word on delivery timeline, though I would not be surprised to see some arrive in 2020.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:40 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
From an internal source, AC has acquired a further 6 A330-300s, to bring the total fleet to 19 aircraft. I don't have any further information, as far as I gather, this is a very recent development, so very much subject to change. No word on delivery timeline, though I would not be surprised to see some arrive in 2020.


That would be an interesting development of the fleet. Might be to focus them on European and North African routes.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Interesting development indeed, if and when confirmed. It also means that YUL would not remain the almost only A330 powerhouse, like it is now.
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:15 am

Aircellist wrote:
Interesting development indeed, if and when confirmed. It also means that YUL would not remain the almost only A330 powerhouse, like it is now.


YYZ A330 crew base along side a YUL 777 crew base are set to open in 2020 as well from what I am told.
 
TObound
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:35 am

Still curious what AC's plan is for the 330 fleet. So now they'll have 19 333s in their mainline fleet and will add another 4 from TS. Along with 16 332s.

Couple that with the 25 Rouge 763s that will also come due in the coming years. I would think a large 787 or 330 NEO order is in the offing.

I would think YYZ and YUL are getting sufficiently slot constrained that swapping a lot of their fleet for long range narrowbodies is going to be challenging.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2135
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:48 am

whywhyzee wrote:
From an internal source, AC has acquired a further 6 A330-300s, to bring the total fleet to 19 aircraft. I don't have any further information, as far as I gather, this is a very recent development, so very much subject to change. No word on delivery timeline, though I would not be surprised to see some arrive in 2020.


Interesting development indeed. I wonder if these 6 will be the actual mainline 763 replacements? You've gotta think that with the ongoing MAX saga that the six 763s at mainline will stick around into part or all of 2020.

Assuming the TS merger gets approved, AC will have gone from the 8 orphan 330s to around 35-39 in the span of about 3 years.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:51 am

I heard YYZ is slot constrained but I never knew YUL was slot constrained too? I thought YUL is getting more growth in long haul and US transborder because of YYZ being slot constrained already. YVR has space for a lot of growth for AC I assume.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:54 am

YYZORD wrote:
I heard YYZ is slot constrained but I never knew YUL was slot constrained too? I thought YUL is getting more growth in long haul and US transborder because of YYZ being slot constrained already. YVR has space for a lot of growth for AC I assume.


None of the three have a lot of space, YYZ and YVR rub on a level 3 slot control system, I believe YUL is level 2, however all three are significantly constrained terminal wise.
 
flyyul
Posts: 4438
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2000 11:25 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:50 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
From an internal source, AC has acquired a further 6 A330-300s, to bring the total fleet to 19 aircraft. I don't have any further information, as far as I gather, this is a very recent development, so very much subject to change. No word on delivery timeline, though I would not be surprised to see some arrive in 2020.


Let me debunk this rumour. There are no plans to go up to the number 19.
 
whywhyzee
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:37 pm

flyyul wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
From an internal source, AC has acquired a further 6 A330-300s, to bring the total fleet to 19 aircraft. I don't have any further information, as far as I gather, this is a very recent development, so very much subject to change. No word on delivery timeline, though I would not be surprised to see some arrive in 2020.


Let me debunk this rumour. There are no plans to go up to the number 19.


I can't conform or deny, I am just the messager. I was told it was planned and then confirmed very recently.

Regardless of the number, I would not be surprised to see at least a few more come, what the final number may be is likely yet to be even decided at this point.
 
flyyul
Posts: 4438
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2000 11:25 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:52 pm

whywhyzee wrote:
flyyul wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
From an internal source, AC has acquired a further 6 A330-300s, to bring the total fleet to 19 aircraft. I don't have any further information, as far as I gather, this is a very recent development, so very much subject to change. No word on delivery timeline, though I would not be surprised to see some arrive in 2020.


Let me debunk this rumour. There are no plans to go up to the number 19.


I can't conform or deny, I am just the messager. I was told it was planned and then confirmed very recently.

Regardless of the number, I would not be surprised to see at least a few more come, what the final number may be is likely yet to be even decided at this point.


Ok, well regardless of what you heard, Air Canada will not be receiving as many A330s as you heard/or rumoured. You're correct in suggesting that a number of these airplanes will need to fly ex. YYZ
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:49 pm

TObound wrote:
Still curious what AC's plan is for the 330 fleet. So now they'll have 19 333s in their mainline fleet and will add another 4 from TS.


It remains to be seen whether the 4 from TS will be kept and for how long. And if so, will they be used as today or dedicated to something, like domestic transcon?
 
MoonC
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:25 pm

What are the chances AC might order some A330neos down the line to replace the ceos? They seem to enjoy the flexibility of the birds.
 
beechnut
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:27 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:36 pm

I think the idea of the A330s was flex capacity, that is capacity that they can shed quickly in a downturn. I'm guessing that would preclude new builds unless on operating leases from leasing companies. Probably the MAX debacle is creating a short-term bump in demand that may not last. An A330 is bigger than a MAX but they can consolidate flights as AC has been doing on YUL-LAX. I love the A330 from a passenger perspective (at least in AC's config) but I'm not holding my breath for a NEO order. I would be rather less surprised at a top-up 787 order (-9? -10?), very heavily discounted as part compensation from Boeing for the MAX fiasco.

As for the Transat 330s, the acquisition is by no means a done deal and is pending shareholder approval, and so far AC has said that Transat will operate as an independent unit (for now).

Beech
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2135
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:31 am

flyyul wrote:
whywhyzee wrote:
flyyul wrote:

Let me debunk this rumour. There are no plans to go up to the number 19.


I can't conform or deny, I am just the messager. I was told it was planned and then confirmed very recently.

Regardless of the number, I would not be surprised to see at least a few more come, what the final number may be is likely yet to be even decided at this point.


Ok, well regardless of what you heard, Air Canada will not be receiving as many A330s as you heard/or rumoured. You're correct in suggesting that a number of these airplanes will need to fly ex. YYZ


On a similar note, are the six mainline 763s sticking around a bit longer until the 7M8 gets back into the schedule?
 
User avatar
seabosdca
Posts: 6462
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:11 am

beechnut wrote:
I think the idea of the A330s was flex capacity, that is capacity that they can shed quickly in a downturn.


A lot of airlines have had a lot of success by maintaining a mix of new builds that require and tolerate high utilization and older aircraft that can dial the utilization up (to a point) or down as needed. But AC already had 763s as flex capacity. The interesting part about this A330 rumor is that it suggests either 1) that the airline needs more flex capacity than the 763s can give or 2) that the A330 is more cost-effective than the 763 as flex capacity even after the cost to acquire and outfit it.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6354
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:19 am

So the next two A333s are now at GIG. CS-TOW was ferried there June 26 and CS-TOX July 14th, meaning that CS-TOW will probably be registered in Canada by the end of the month and then ferried to QPG before returning home and entering service sometimes at the end of August, if the previous two may serve as reference.
 
chrisa330
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:29 am

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
So the next two A333s are now at GIG. CS-TOW was ferried there June 26 and CS-TOX July 14th, meaning that CS-TOW will probably be registered in Canada by the end of the month and then ferried to QPG before returning home and entering service sometimes at the end of August, if the previous two may serve as reference.


I believe the next two will be receiving the new cabins before going into service. That was the original plan, albeit before the MAX grounding.
 
morrisond
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked - but is AC building up 330's at mainline to eventually replace the Rouge 767 Fleet? So Rouge is all Airbus and Mainline goes almost all Boeing except for the A220's? (Assuming they order more 787 or 797 to replace the 330's)
 
EChid
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 am

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 am

morrisond wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked - but is AC building up 330's at mainline to eventually replace the Rouge 767 Fleet? So Rouge is all Airbus and Mainline goes almost all Boeing except for the A220's? (Assuming they order more 787 or 797 to replace the 330's)

Unlikely in the immediate future. AC is investing in updating all of the A330 cabins to current widebody mainline spec, which would be a waste of money if they were expecting to move them over to rouge.
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J
 
codyul
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm

Re: AC A330 Fleet News and Updates Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Rumor is interesting, I do believe that if they stick to the current WB fleet plan, there will be problems as there is no slack. Used 330c growth seems reasonable.
YUL PNC :weightlifter:
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos