Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SCHATC422
Topic Author

What's next for BDL?

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Since Norwegian just pulled out the other day, and the only other news for BDL is WN is starting STL once a day in August... what's next? Is there a possibility of NK starting BWI-BDL, DFW, ORD and maybe another already flown route from BDL to compete with someone else? Any possible new cities/routes? Cargo expansion to include Amazon Prime starting service into BDL?

Any info/insight and thoughts are appreciated. Rumors too!

flymco753

Re: What's next for BDL?

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:32 pm

I think BDL-DTW on NK is possible. Short, sweet, and to the point so posters don't get offended and say I hijacked the thread, the reason I see it is because I've analyzed that Spirit could add an A319 from DTW to PBI and an A320 from DTW to MBJ. PBI would be seasonal, so the place to put that A319, which makes perfect sense, is DTW-BDL next spring.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

HVNandrew

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:49 pm

It would be nice to see some more westward flights out of BDL. Potentially DL to SLC or SEA? Though gate space would probably be an issue at both airports... PHX on either AA or WN could also work. Both SLC (DL) and PHX (HP, then US) have been flown in the past.

787fan8

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Perhaps Southwest could start ATL-BDL and break the Delta monopoly on that route like their doing with ATL-BNA.
Atlanta is an incredibly cool city - Andrew Lincoln

Future Auburn graduate

HVNandrew

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:04 pm

787fan8 wrote:
Perhaps Southwest could start ATL-BDL and break the Delta monopoly on that route like their doing with ATL-BNA.

FL operated flights to ATL following the WN takeover. WN later dropped the flights.

uconn99

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 pm

I believe the next international destination out of BDL will be in the Caribbean with Jamaica being the likely. Maybe B6 or WN will take a shot.

Domestically Nashville, Seattle, and Phoenix are all routes the airport is trying to secure. I believe Spirit will grow a bit more but overall traffic should be fairly flat in 2018 maybe up to 3% or so passenger growth.

uconn99

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:31 pm

Also, just a reminder that there is a New England thread geared towards all airports other than Boston. A search should locate the thread as it goes goes silent from time to time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos