Why are they still here? Why bother with New Zealand if that's so?
What importance is New Zealand in any foreign board room? None.....unless
it makes money. That's the (maybe small) truth!
The Swire Group would kill NZ (Where's that?) in a flash, if it didn't make money!
Also, hypothetically let's say this is the lowest yielding CX sectors, but that lowest yielding is still higher than any SQ or NZ flight, is it still not high yielding? I mean what is high yielding to CX? And does equipment assignment have a direct coloration to this?
CX has bizarre premium dynamics on its flights - so many LONG haul routes where they carry an empty economy class but full cargo and business class
Also they fly to barely 50 cities unlike SQ/QR/EK etc so it is not surprising if AKL is a poor route for them even if it is better performing than SQ/NZ
the fact is when CX has the terrible A340- they were flying 10 times a week all year round.....
Err, you've missed my point unfortunately, the original poster was commenting that AKL is not high yielding for CX. I believe he's saying this solely on the back of the equipment used by the airline. My point is what defines high yielding as far is a percentage let alone how working out what equipment is used relates to this?
I mean do we know any of the following?
- Is CX predominantly inbound or outbound?
- Is this route a VFR, Business or some other market?
- Is it O&D or is HKG a hub to AKL commencing or bound pax?
- What is value to these markets?
- What are their loads and actual yields?
- Why do they use the equipment they do?
- What do customers say about it?
- What's the CASM and RASM?
- How does One World play in this?
- How does the NZ alliance influence this?
- What alternatives are available in their fleet which would mean AKL preform better and have no impact on the route currently used by this alternative?
- Is there any historical trends when alternative equipment is used?
There are many many more questions, simply saying AKL's not high yielding (whatever number that is) because they use X aircraft is..... well..... let's say it shows how much guessing, rumor and speculation is said in these forums sometimes.