chrisnh
Topic Author

EK reducing, not adding in U.S.?

Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:57 am

I suppose that dated April 1 it could be a joke. But RoutesOnline is noting upcoming REDUCTIONS in service to Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle through a mix of fewer weekly flights or plane-size changes (the 77L for Seattle). This, after the CEO was boasting about being eager to reinstate service that was cut last year. And BOS still sits at one daily.

Was EK embellishing how much their business has ‘improved’ when it really hasn’t?

eta unknown

Re: EK reducing, not adding in U.S.?

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:18 am

STC is a media whore when it suits him just like O'Leary & Branson. CEO Timmy needs to be seen advancing EK's agenda publicly, but can do something completely different operationally. EK's business model is sending multiple A380's to flood the market with seats- it worked well until the oil price drop where the lack of business class pax wasn't subsidizing the economy cabin. In North America Canada wont let EK expand and TK/AI have taken a lot of EK's market share. In Australia EK are now having problems because EY/QR are undercutting them and the CN3 are undercutting the ME3- EK sold a lot of dirt cheap A$1100 return tickets to Europe in anticipation of filling the aircraft closer to departure at higher fares. Guess what happened? The CN3 are charging A$900 and EK can't get the yield- and DXB HQ is screaming, also because there's now an A380 sitting on the ground in BNE for 15 hours a day (the AKL tags stopped last week- the flight will be downsized to a 773 in a few months).

MAH4546

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:36 am

Was it dated last year? EK did reduce MCO, FLL, etc but everything is back to at least daily now. The second dailies to BOS/SEA/LAX are not back however.
a.

chrisnh
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 am

No, it’s dated tomorrow. Insiders at BOS were led to understand that the A380 would come to Boston beginning in June, but those plans have been scrapped. And with this, one can conclude (or at least theorize) that U.S. business isn’t ‘rebounding’ as Clark earlier boasted.

qf789

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:20 am

NickolayAv wrote:
Where on RoutesOnline is this I can't find it?

Here is the link

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... july-2018/
Forum Moderator

neomax

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:20 am

EK is a very numbers driven company. This is why they are so profitable. They can and will switch equipment even for minor changes and while strange by industry standards, it is quite normal for EK and smart from a business POV. They can make fine changes between the 77L and 77W, change weekly frequencies, and for bigger changes, use the A380 or daily frequencies. They have this stuff down to an art and can pounce on even fractional shifts to maximize revenue without decreasing quality.

Most airlines will stick it out with a consistent schedule in bad times, but EK will shift up or down if they see even a minor change, and this is the strategy to their success. They don't worry about what others will think of reductions because it makes economic sense for them and they don't hesitate. Frequent capacity changes would be strange for any other airline, but not for EK, its the numbers game that makes them so successful. They are masters of data analysis and scrutinizing demand and changing trends under the microscope before everyone else finds out.

NickolayAv

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 am

Where on RoutesOnline is this I can't find it?
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

Varsity1

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:45 am

neomax wrote:
EK is a very numbers driven company. This is why they are so profitable. They can and will switch equipment even for minor changes and while strange by industry standards, it is quite normal for EK and smart from a business POV. They can make fine changes between the 77L and 77W, change weekly frequencies, and for bigger changes, use the A380 or daily frequencies. They have this stuff down to an art and can pounce on even fractional shifts to maximize revenue without decreasing quality.

Most airlines will stick it out with a consistent schedule in bad times, but EK will shift up or down if they see even a minor change, and this is the strategy to their success. They don't worry about what others will think of reductions because it makes economic sense for them and they don't hesitate. Frequent capacity changes would be strange for any other airline, but not for EK, its the numbers game that makes them so successful. They are masters of data analysis and scrutinizing demand and changing trends under the microscope before everyone else finds out.

Numbers driven? EK is one of the most EGO driven companies on earth.

Delta is numbers driven.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

SQ789

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:58 am

MAH4546 wrote:
Was it dated last year? EK did reduce MCO, FLL, etc but everything is back to at least daily now. The second dailies to BOS/SEA/LAX are not back however.

This one is correct. I believed that they will just changed the aircraft?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Airlines0613

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:36 am

IAH was upgauged to the Airbus A388 again, so not all markets are being reduced.

Arion640

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:05 am

Varsity1 wrote:
neomax wrote:

Numbers driven? EK is one of the most EGO driven companies on earth.

Delta is numbers driven.

Oh dear, I knew we wouldn't be able to get far without a Delta or US3 comment.

Say what you want about their EGO, but they are certainly numbers driven. I really don't understand it, but because EK aren't as strong in the US as other markets, that must mean they are a poor performing airline.
1973-2020

Flightsimboy

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:08 am

chrisnh wrote:
I suppose that dated April 1 it could be a joke

Seriously because it is dated April 1....really?!!

They are reducing Seoul as well. And I guess some more to come.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2018/
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

B6Aviator

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:11 am

SQ789 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Perhaps they are preparing to change equipment on some routes, as we speak EK 213 is a 77W inbound to FLL.

enilria

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:06 am

MAH4546 wrote:

Was this done at the same time last year? Perhaps they are creating a seasonal schedule for Florida.

LH658

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:29 am

DFW to be rumored to be back at A380 once, they see pattern now since EY left.

xwb777

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:59 am

Flightsimboy wrote:
chrisnh wrote:
I suppose that dated April 1 it could be a joke

Seriously because it is dated April 1....really?!!

They are reducing Seoul as well. And I guess some more to come.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2018/

Seoul is just a minor adjustment. they cancelled the extra flight. but still going daily.

SQ789

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:05 am

LH658 wrote:

I think it's true that they may bring back A380's to DFW, but it's partner Qantas also operate to here as well on the A380, so if EK brings back the A380 to DFW and it will have double A380 to DFW then?

dtw2hyd

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:14 am

neomax wrote:

Every company is numbers driven. Question is whether those numbers are raw or well-cooked? Creative accounting also a known method for profitability.

EK has no Plan B. With so much capacity on hand, EK is not meant for a rainy day. Sure they can make few adjustments here and there and PR can claim they are very adaptive, which is just hot air.

Arion640

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:15 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
neomax wrote:

Every company is numbers driven. Question is whether those numbers are raw or well-cooked? Creative accounting also a known method for profitability.

EK has no Plan B. With so much capacity on hand, EK is not meant for a rainy day. Sure they can make few adjustments here and there and PR can claim they are very adaptive, which is just hot air.

Every big company uses creative accounting my friend.

And back to my previous post, EK make a few capacity changes to its US routes and you make it sound like the whole airline is about to come crashing down. Can we talk about their new EWR-ATH-DXB which is meant to be doing well?
1973-2020

zakuivcustom

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 am

SQ789 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Last year's reduction:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... %20orlando

Dates matched up almost exactly - 7 to 5 for FLL and MCO from June.

But yes, compare to last year's cut, in which the like of SEA and BOS got cut from 2 to 1, all I am seeing is seasonal adjustment.

Oh well, only on a.net where people scream it is the end of the world with the reduction of 4 total flights, and a change to a slightly smaller plane. Add on a reduction of 1 (extra) flight to ICN, and all of a sudden EK is doing bad.

rutankrd

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:25 am

dtw2hyd why the hate on the ME3, they clearly have little impact on your own travel needs if your sign in is to be believed and referenced.

Just a fact India carriers remain subjected to huge levels of political interference and pressure .True competition on international routes and markets are governed by archaic seat number limits and your local major carrier doesn’t exactly push the boat out in developing Detroit does it !

The ME3 are far more a threat to European and South Asian carriers than to any US airline and particularly IAG group carriers , however Willie Walsh is on record as saying he encourages such competition in is own back yard.

chrisnh
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:00 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
SQ789 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Last year's reduction:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... %20orlando

Dates matched up almost exactly - 7 to 5 for FLL and MCO from June.

But yes, compare to last year's cut, in which the like of SEA and BOS got cut from 2 to 1, all I am seeing is seasonal adjustment.

Oh well, only on a.net where people scream it is the end of the world with the reduction of 4 total flights, and a change to a slightly smaller plane. Add on a reduction of 1 (extra) flight to ICN, and all of a sudden EK is doing bad.

I didn’t start the topic to scream; I started it to point out that Clark has been all about a strong rebound in U.S. business and his eagerness to resume the service he cut last year. And it turns out he’s doing the opposite.

migair54

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:07 am

Arion640 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
neomax wrote:

Every big company uses creative accounting my friend.

And back to my previous post, EK make a few capacity changes to its US routes and you make it sound like the whole airline is about to come crashing down. Can we talk about their new EWR-ATH-DXB which is meant to be doing well?

I think ATH is doing quite well, but I think it's quite seasonal market but most of the year EK is the only option non-stop to NYC, in my opinion it could be even better if they change to JFK and EK has the option to have some more pax from Jetblue. Now having the non-stop DXB-EWR starting soon they could move to back to JFK and I think it will be a better situation for the ATH-NYC route.

I think doing some seasonal adjustments is a clever move, MCO and FLL are quite seasonal and I think the summer is not the best season for the flight, I won't be surprise if one day EK decide to have a B77L in MCO also, I don't think First class demand is big enough in MCO.

Right now EK has a good brand in the USA but the current markets are well served, I don't think we will see EK adding more flights in the near future to any route, maybe swapping planes to A380 if they want to add seats to ORD, DFW or BOS but I think that's all we will see for a while, what I think we might see a new destination soon.

EK is expanding slowly, right now not in the USA but this summer some new flights are starting STN, DPS-AKL, GRU-SCL and few routes will increase frequencies, LIS, BRU, LOS, ABV, MEL, SYD, TUN, SAW, PRG, ARN.

IndianicWorld

Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:30 pm

EK are playing it smart, adjusting capacity in line with expectations. That’s how a business is meant to run.

It’s clear they not in a significant growth phase that it was experiencing a decade or so ago, when every week it looked like it was starting a new route, so not sure why people appear to be shocked.

dtw2hyd

Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm

rutankrd wrote:
dtw2hyd why the hate on the ME3, they clearly have little impact on your own travel needs if your sign in is to be believed and referenced.

Just a fact India carriers remain subjected to huge levels of political interference and pressure .True competition on international routes and markets are governed by archaic seat number limits and your local major carrier doesn’t exactly push the boat out in developing Detroit does it !

The ME3 are far more a threat to European and South Asian carriers than to any US airline and particularly IAG group carriers , however Willie Walsh is on record as saying he encourages such competition in is own back yard.

DTW supports 86,000 jobs and adds $10B to the local economy. Much better than 50 jobs created by EK at ORD (based on information my Chicago Mayor).

WW competing by withdrawing routes is a total failure. I wonder how WW feels now that partnership agreement with EK ended and his chances to lead EK are rather slim. Of course, he is very capable to bring down the service level to FZ and merge EK with FZ.

Airlines0613

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:21 pm

LH658 wrote:

EY just left, so it’ll be a while before they consider bringing the Airbus A388 to DFW. IMHO, I highly doubt they’ll bring the super jumbo to DFW. From what I’ve heard, they’re having trouble filling he Boeing 77W, with it bringing low yields. Highly doubt it would be much better with the Airbus A380.

Irehdna

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm

I also read somewhere that EK is adding DXB-LHR-BOS (1-stop flight), though I wouldn't be surprised if this is also a joke.

LH658

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
LH658 wrote:

EY just left, so it’ll be a while before they consider bringing the Airbus A388 to DFW. IMHO, I highly doubt they’ll bring the super jumbo to DFW. From what I’ve heard, they’re having trouble filling he Boeing 77W, with it bringing low yields. Highly doubt it would be much better with the Airbus A380.

Well my source is directly from a employee of EK. It is most likely true, with only 2 carriers left at DFW QR and EK. Someone gunna have to pick up EY leftovers. EY was successful cause of the codeshare.

Airlines0613

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:03 pm

LH658 wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:
LH658 wrote:

Well my source is directly from a employee of EK. It is most likely true, with only 2 carriers left at DFW QR and EK. Someone gunna have to pick up EY leftovers. EY was successful cause of the codeshare.

Rumors are just rumors, he/she can be the source. Plus, IAH was upgauged to the Airbus A388. It can pick up the slack from DFW that EY left.

chrisnh
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:11 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
Irehdna wrote:
I also read somewhere that EK is adding DXB-LHR-BOS (1-stop flight), though I wouldn't be surprised if this is also a joke.

This was an April Fools joke.

As a BOS observer I’m inclined to think one 77W is all the market can handle, until such time that their smaller planes enter the fleet. One 77W + one 77L might be an acceptable mix should EK be inclined to bring back 2x daily BOS-DXB.

wedgetail737

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Irehdna wrote:

This was an April Fools joke.

PerfectGriffin

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:41 pm

LH658 wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:
LH658 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised of an EK upgrade as well. I remember a similar story in GRU last year, when EK upgraded the route to an A380 on the same day EY had it's final flight.

airbazar

Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Maybe the U.S. business is indeed rebounding. Just not so much for EK :)
Seriously, the world has changed a bit in the last year. With pressure growing from LCC's on TATL routes, the network carriers are being forced to be more competitive on intercontinental markets. Exactly the same type of business that EK plays in.
Chinese carriers are also expanding and that too is taking away traffic from EK.
And last but not least, QR is pissed off and is in full expansion mode.

LAXdude1023

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:

Rumors are just rumors, he/she can be the source. Plus, IAH was upgauged to the Airbus A388. It can pick up the slack from DFW that EY left.

Well if DFW was having trouble filling the 77W (it isn’t), it could always be explained by EY being there and there being too much capacity. EY ran loads in the high 80s from DFW though I think the yields probably weren’t the highest thought it worked fine with AA cooperation.

With EY gone, it’s hardly far fetched that it would happen. Not saying it will happen, but it’s not that far fetched.

Saying IAH is going to absorb the capacity is ludicrous. They are different markets.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

Airlines0613

Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:
LH658 wrote:

Well if DFW was having trouble filling the 77W (it isn’t), it could always be explained by EY being there and there being too much capacity. EY ran loads in the high 80s from DFW though I think the yields probably weren’t the highest thought it worked fine with AA cooperation.

With EY gone, it’s hardly far fetched that it would happen. Not saying it will happen, but it’s not that far fetched.

Saying IAH is going to absorb the capacity is ludicrous. They are different markets.

They could be different markets, but Botha re close by distance. It’s not far fetched either though.

eksath
Crew

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:06 am

Notwithstanding April Fool's day, Emirates brought a 777-300 to FLL today. The first such aircraft landing at the airport. Change from the standard 777LR equipment. Understand it was for an equipment fit check for the new gates on Concourse G.

EK 777-300 landing at FLL today
World Wide Aerospace Photography

planesarecool

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:02 am

Emirates have a crew shortage at the moment, and they are simply taking capacity off crew-heavy routes to ease this. Each daily US service uses four pilots for a week (including rest afterwards). Cancelling two weekly US services during a fairly quiet period is less disruptive than cancelling 16 weekly India/ME returns, for the same crew utilization.

SQ789

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:20 am

chrisnh wrote:
I suppose that dated April 1 it could be a joke. But RoutesOnline is noting upcoming REDUCTIONS in service to Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and Seattle through a mix of fewer weekly flights or plane-size changes (the 77L for Seattle). This, after the CEO was boasting about being eager to reinstate service that was cut last year. And BOS still sits at one daily.

Was EK embellishing how much their business has ‘improved’ when it really hasn’t?

That's right. I saw at routesonline saying that MCO and FLL will go back to 5 weekly and SEA will temporarily downgraded to 77L. Any reasons why they are reducing flights to the US again?

airzona11

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:25 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
neomax wrote:

Sounds to me like you are describing well-run company. You act like EK is an unproven startup. They have endured downturns and as they continue to grow, their network effects get larger and their efficiencies get greater. The only hot air seems to be biased commentary in an alternate reality.

dtw2hyd

Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:59 am

airzona11 wrote:
Sounds to me like you are describing well-run company. You act like EK is an unproven startup. They have endured downturns and as they continue to grow, their network effects get larger and their efficiencies get greater. The only hot air seems to be biased commentary in an alternate reality.

The downturn to others was a unique opportunity to EK. Everyone else was paying higher ATF prices and EK was getting the family discount. Saudi and Kuwait were loaded with money.

Now that oil prices are down, every other competing airline including legacies are rightsized, they are not able to compete.

If your claim is valid, they should be even in better shape.

chrisnh
Topic Author

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am

I don’t doubt for a moment EK’s shrewdness when it comes to ‘numbers.’ Smart people everywhere. But this small scale back flies in the face of Clark saying quite publicly and multiple times that he was on the cusp of reinstating what he pulled back last year. Instead, he’s mostly gone the other way with this latest tweak.

rivervisual

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 am

Could these reductions maybe have something to do with the 77L cabin refits?

Notice that all are or will be served by the 77L. They probably need the reductions to get enough aircraft done to be able to offer a consistent product - especially the new first class they are promoting heavily on those routes.

klm617

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:38 pm

BOS-DXB on a A380 was just a a.net dream. Why after cutting capacity in half would they put an A380 on the route. BOS was underperforming the over estimated the amount of B6 feed they would get not to mention after they added FLL that feed was split in half between FLL and BOS. So no no 380 for BOS and don't expect it.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

iyerhari

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:08 pm

klm617 wrote:
BOS-DXB on a A380 was just a a.net dream. Why after cutting capacity in half would they put an A380 on the route. BOS was underperforming the over estimated the amount of B6 feed they would get not to mention after they added FLL that feed was split in half between FLL and BOS. So no no 380 for BOS and don't expect it.

Can you please provide actual metrics that shows the underperformance and the related details?

I have run the BTS metrics that have been reported until Sep-2017. Here are the details:

BOS LFs: 74.30%
IAH LFs: 75.31%
DFW LFs: 74.19%

As regards BOS:

Peak months: June, July, August, September where LFs go as high as 95%. It is not like DFW or IAH are running very high impressive numbers and they come within the close range tolerance of BOS. Both IAH and DFW have a much higher percent of Indian diaspora vs. BOS although the student community is much higher in BOS. You can checks Brookings report of student population by countries and the results will speak to itself.

StrandedAtMKG

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:30 pm

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they're pulling back. Dumping dirt-cheap fares to shuttle 500 seats back and forth to a tourist trap in the middle of the desert is not a sustainable strategy, no matter what the legions of EK fanboys will tell you. It's all got to come crashing down sometime.

evanb

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Bizarre narrative 1: EK are flooding the US and other markets with cheap seats

Bizarre narrative 2: EK reducing capacity to match demand, seasonality and changing market dynamics means they are on death's door

klm617

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:03 pm

iyerhari wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Can you please provide actual metrics that shows the underperformance and the related details?

I have run the BTS metrics that have been reported until Sep-2017. Here are the details:

As regards BOS:

Peak months: June, July, August, September where LFs go as high as 95%. It is not like DFW or IAH are running very high impressive numbers and they come within the close range tolerance of BOS. Both IAH and DFW have a much higher percent of Indian diaspora vs. BOS although the student community is much higher in BOS. You can checks Brookings report of student population by countries and the results will speak to itself.

74.3 % load factor is not very good considering there is significant B6 feed at BOS. What do you suppose the load factor would be if it was a stand alone route with no feed. IAH and DFW are all O/D load factors with no feed. So you have answered you own question EK is not doing very well in BOS. Students are exactly flush with cash to purchase perineum cabin fares.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

iyerhari

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:10 pm

klm617 wrote:
iyerhari wrote:
klm617 wrote:

As regards BOS:

74.3 % load factor is not very good considering there is significant B6 feed at BOS. What do you suppose the load factor would be if it was a stand alone route with no feed. IAH and DFW are all O/D load factors with no feed. So you have answered you own question EK is not doing very well in BOS

I agree with you but you still did not respond to the fact that off the 9 months reported in a year, there are 4 months with LFs over 90%, 2 months at over 80% and the lean months are really lean - Feb, Mar and April. It's not all poor but with good bright spots. I am not justifying a super-stellar performance at BOS from EK but the LFs are pretty much on the same side of most stations. I really do not know how much feed B6 contributes and I do not have data to support my point.

evanb

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:12 pm

klm617 wrote:
So you have answered you own question EK is not doing very well in BOS. Students are exactly flush with cash to purchase perineum cabin fares.

Massachusetts is the 6th richest state in the US by median household income. If Massachusetts isn't flush with cash to purchase premium fares then almost nowhere is.

worldranger

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:38 pm

StrandedAtMKG wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they're pulling back. Dumping dirt-cheap fares to shuttle 500 seats back and forth to a tourist trap in the middle of the desert is not a sustainable strategy, no matter what the legions of EK fanboys will tell you. It's all got to come crashing down sometime.

Been hearing that for 33 years, they are still here. Their results will be announced in late April/May for FY ending 3/31/18 and they will be positive.

Pax LF doesn’t tell the whole story. Cargo very important & EK are strong.

Not sure what’s behind this, but as has been mentioned here and in other threads - crewing is starting to become a real issue and the summer will be very interesting from that perspective.

Watch that storyline. The are getting close to having their ‘Ryanair moment’ due pilot shortage.

Tick, tock....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos