Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Narfish641
Topic Author

Airline Gate Locations at SAN

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:56 am

Good morning, and Happy Easter! I had a question something similar to this only that it was for ATL. This one is about San Diego. There's only 51 gates at the airport, and I was wondering out of the 51 gates, how many airlines claim those specific gates?
If this has been ask before, please feel free to lock, or delete this thread. As always thank you for your answers and have an awesome week!
Flew on:
SWA 737 738

Re: Airline Gate Locations at SAN

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:59 am

Maybe all except for foreigners airline which departs/arrive to/from US.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

kgaiflyer

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:12 pm

I've observed that a couple of gates near the Terminal 2 banjo alternate between DL and UA (46 for instance) and B6 and UA (38 for instance). I'm guessing those are CUTE gates.

Anyone know for sure?

SANFan

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:37 pm

To the best of my knowledge, most gates at SDIA are CUTE. The exceptions would be T1E, which is solely used by WN (gates 1 thru 10, + gate 1A.)

That being said, there are 'assignments' for most cx here to generally use the same gates every day. Right now, gates 48-51 are being converted to swing gates connected to the new FIS facilities to be operational July 1. Therefore, DL, previously the carrier usually associated with those gates, has been using other gates in T2W as construction continues. (HA usually uses gate 51 for their single daily flight.)

Later this year, there will be many relocations of cx at SAN due to the new FIS facilities, affecting terminals, ticket counter locations, and normally used gates. A year from now, many cx will be in totally different 'homes' at SAN.

Hope this helps.

bb

e38

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:49 pm

what is “cx?”

e38

Narfish641
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:07 pm

Thank you all for your answers. As a Atlanta native I have to give it you guys, your airport looks really nice (For those who live in San Diego). I'm hoping going there for one of my future vacations soon.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738

WN732

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:30 pm

SANFan wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, most gates at SDIA are CUTE. The exceptions would be T1E, which is solely used by WN (gates 1 thru 10, + gate 1A.)

That being said, there are 'assignments' for most cx here to generally use the same gates every day. Right now, gates 48-51 are being converted to swing gates connected to the new FIS facilities to be operational July 1. Therefore, DL, previously the carrier usually associated with those gates, has been using other gates in T2W as construction continues. (HA usually uses gate 51 for their single daily flight.)

Later this year, there will be many relocations of cx at SAN due to the new FIS facilities, affecting terminals, ticket counter locations, and normally used gates. A year from now, many cx will be in totally different 'homes' at SAN.

Hope this helps.

bb

Do they still use 11?

SANFan

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:32 pm

e38 wrote:
what is “cx?”e38

I use it as the abbreviation for 'carriers'.

WN732 wrote:
Do they still use 11?

WN continues to share gate 11 -- in T1W -- with AS but I assume it's CUTE. (That's why I didn't include it earlier.)

I think there's a good chance that when AS moves out of T1W to T2E, later this year, in addition to some smaller cx, such as B6, moving into T1W, WN will prolly take some of the gates in T1W. WN needs more gates -- especially if SAN becomes a player in the Hawaii service to come, as I expect we will -- and T1W is the only logical place to get them.

bb

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos