Blerg
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:17 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Blerg wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Breaking: IndiGo converts orders for 125 Airbus A320neos to bigger A321NEOs

https://twitter.com/anuragkotoky/status ... 4927476736

Any idea from when these 125 will be heading to India? The 1st 321N will be arriving this month acc to reports.
So with these A321N, we can probably see a "BURST" of new INTL Sectors from DEL/BOM/MAA/BLR/CCU and a few Tier 2/3 cities in the coming years? Interesting development with this news, I wonder what will happen to the WB order they have planned in 2019 or so....


That's interesting. I wonder if we might finally see them expand in Europe and Africa with these aircraft.

I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier. They need to cut unit costs and the A321 is the easy way to do so.

I'm a skeptic on the widebody order. First use NEO range to open up say China.

Lightsaber


Could the neo make it to Japan and Korea? Also, how far into China can an A320ceo go?
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 pm

With all this talk of China, what do the bi-laterals look like right now between India and China? It seems to me that they are pretty limited. Also, what is the visa process like for Chinese visiting India and Indians visiting China?

If these bilaterals open up I wonder how much impact the Chinese carriers could have on the EU3/ME3/CX/SQ types getting people moving people between N. America and India.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:10 pm

^^ I think it's 42 weekly flights or something like that from the Chinese side vs 5 from Indian side.(correct me if I'm wrong). Also, Which Indian cities are listed under the bilateral by DGCA to China? Just the 6 metro cities? Quiet curious.....
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Keeping 7400km range for the below maps, for the 321N (acc to Airbus website) this is what the ranges would be from the 6 metro cities...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
Blerg
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Looking at those maps I can't stop thinking how perfectly India is positions to be a home for a global hub airport, better than any MEB3. Unfortunately I don't see it happening anytime soon. Maybe IndiGo does something once all those aircraft start arriving.
 
binayak
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:47 am

sand26391 wrote:
Keeping 7400km range for the below maps, for the 321N (acc to Airbus website) this is what the ranges would be from the 6 metro cities... ]


Sorry but that's not the appropriate way to calculate what potential routes a321N will offer. The ranges published by Airbus /boeing website are under ideal conditions and don't consider several factors.
Few things to be seen :
1. Indigo a321N will be in a high density configuration so that itself tells that it'll barely fly upto Moscow /Italy from BOM /DEL.
2. The economics of operating narrow bodies and WBs to EU are quite different. Generally WBs tend to give lower unit operating costs (if in case of a321N , the unit operating costs are higher than say a330s then 6E will be at a disadvantage)
3. About China, the Chinese carriers will tolerate IndiGo's low cost services only till 80% of the 42 weekly flights are done (a reason to increase bilats) and then have it for breakfast and lunch.
4. Why don't they try the India Africa market? They are in a good position to open up DAR, LOS, CAI. Those are where low cost services are really needed. I would have even said JNB but I'm a bit skeptical whether the aircraft will make it.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 17666
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:52 am

binayak wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Keeping 7400km range for the below maps, for the 321N (acc to Airbus website) this is what the ranges would be from the 6 metro cities... ]


Sorry but that's not the appropriate way to calculate what potential routes a321N will offer. The ranges published by Airbus /boeing website are under ideal conditions and don't consider several factors.
Few things to be seen :
1. Indigo a321N will be in a high density configuration so that itself tells that it'll barely fly upto Moscow /Italy from BOM /DEL.
2. The economics of operating narrow bodies and WBs to EU are quite different. Generally WBs tend to give lower unit operating costs (if in case of a321N , the unit operating costs are higher than say a330s then 6E will be at a disadvantage)
3. About China, the Chinese carriers will tolerate IndiGo's low cost services only till 80% of the 42 weekly flights are done (a reason to increase bilats) and then have it for breakfast and lunch.
4. Why don't they try the India Africa market? They are in a good position to open up DAR, LOS, CAI. Those are where low cost services are really needed. I would have even said JNB but I'm a bit skeptical whether the aircraft will make it.

A321N
16t to 17t of payload allows 3 ACT
19t to 20t allows 2 ACT
23t to 24 t of payload only allows 1 ACT

Indigo is flying 230 people, so is in the last category.
They could create a low density long range variant, but I doubt it.

Lightsaber

Late edit: When I posted I expected flights by 6E to China, I expected much closer cities to start. (Bilateral rights allowing)
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:19 am

lightsaber wrote:
Indigo is flying 230 people, so is in the last category.
They could create a low density long range variant, but I doubt it.

Lightsaber


This article does a great job of explaining the different A321neo variants
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... atwick-no/

The neo can theoretically do 7400km with 240 pax with a much reduced bag/cargo payload.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
binayak
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:43 am

unrave wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Indigo is flying 230 people, so is in the last category.
They could create a low density long range variant, but I doubt it.

Lightsaber


This article does a great job of explaining the different A321neo variants
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... atwick-no/

The neo can theoretically do 7400km with 240 pax with a much reduced bag/cargo payload.

Having reduced cargo payload ultimately puts the cost on the customer i e the flight won't be low cost any more then.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2099
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:22 am

unrave wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Indigo is flying 230 people, so is in the last category.
They could create a low density long range variant, but I doubt it.

Lightsaber


This article does a great job of explaining the different A321neo variants
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... atwick-no/

The neo can theoretically do 7400km with 240 pax with a much reduced bag/cargo payload.


Apparently, 6E A321Neos have only 222 seats !! Seems like a good enough number to do London nonstop!

https://twitter.com/shukla_tarun/status ... 1301752833
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:42 am

Ahhh! Thanks, 222 looks like a good number if it's confirmed full Economy class. Any news of when the A/C is actually arriving to India?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:53 am

sand26391 wrote:
Ahhh! Thanks, 222 looks like a good number if it's confirmed full Economy class. Any news of when the A/C is actually arriving to India?

Engines have been installed but flight testing is yet to begin, so expect the aircraft to be delivered in 2-3 weeks.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
Blerg
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:50 am

Do we know which London airport they would go for? LGW?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:52 am

Blerg wrote:
Do we know which London airport they would go for? LGW?

They have already secured slots at LGW
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
avier
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:32 pm

I notice that the 4000nm/7400km range (discussed widely on this thread) depicted for the A321Neo is for the A321Neo-LR variant and not the standard or ACF variant. The LR seems to be the ACF variant + extra fuel tanks. I see 6E has the ACF variant - as per the pics of their first one.

So where is it officially stated that the order is for the -LR variant? The news just says "longer". But longer could mean by length of the A/C and not necessarily by range.

And/OR is it easy to just add or remove those extra tanks from the aircraft to make it an LR variant or ACF one? So in that case it doesn't matter which of the two variants have been selected?

Or is it a mixed order?

As per Airbus website:
The A321LR – a new variant of Airbus’ A321neo, deliveries of which will begin in 2018 – will have the longest range of any single-aisle jetliner, able to fly routes of up to 4,000 nm.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm

avier wrote:
I notice that the 4000nm/7400km range (discussed widely on this thread) depicted for the A321Neo is for the A321Neo-LR variant and not the standard or ACF variant. The LR seems to be the ACF variant + extra fuel tanks. I see 6E has the ACF variant - as per the pics of their first one.

So where is it officially stated that the order is for the -LR variant? The news just says "longer". But longer could mean by length of the A/C and not necessarily by range.

And/OR is it easy to just add or remove those extra tanks from the aircraft to make it an LR variant or ACF one? So in that case it doesn't matter which of the two variants have been selected?

Or is it a mixed order?

As per Airbus website:
The A321LR – a new variant of Airbus’ A321neo, deliveries of which will begin in 2018 – will have the longest range of any single-aisle jetliner, able to fly routes of up to 4,000 nm.


IndiGo will be getting the ACF version from the beginning. ACF can have 0-3 additional fuel tanks, the one with 3 is called the LR. We do not know how many are the in IndiGo's planes. Choosing the ACF version opens the possibility of getting the LR in the future.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:03 pm

BLR 2nd RWY Countdown Timer taken on 10/11/2018

Image
 
Bhadra
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Indian airlines continue to employ highest percentage of female pilots:

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/i ... show-91328
 
Bhadra
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 pm

lightsaber wrote:

I'm a skeptic on the widebody order. First use NEO range to open up say China.



I believe they've been trying. But I'm not sure how much of this is impacted due to EDTO/ETOPS restrictions that DGCA has imposed on PW powered NEOs.

There has been no news on this front after the following:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 309420.cms
 
avier
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 am

unrave wrote:

IndiGo will be getting the ACF version from the beginning. ACF can have 0-3 additional fuel tanks, the one with 3 is called the LR. We do not know how many are the in IndiGo's planes. Choosing the ACF version opens the possibility of getting the LR in the future.


Ok, got that. Was trying to understand more so on the extra fuel tanks on whether they can be easily removed or no to make it what model. If not, they'd be having different variants of it in their fleet. Im sure they wouldn't want to use the heavier version on short haul routes, which they will definitely use it for out of slot constrained airports on domestic legs. They haven't surely ordered all for int'l only ops.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:49 am

Well well well.. Look what's on sale: Wadias looking to exit GoAir. Who will buy them?
https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... s/1378222/
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
zionite
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 am

unrave wrote:
Well well well.. Look what's on sale: Wadias looking to exit GoAir. Who will buy them?
https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... s/1378222/


Was bound to happen. Indigo and GoAir started at almost the same time.
GoAir took really long time to start their international operations. Stuck at 19 aircraft for ages.

Who would buy them? Some quick thought:

Indigo: Same aircraft & engines. Only benefit is to takeover some domestic competition.
Vistara: Same aircraft but different engines. Much better choice than 9W. Faster domestic growth.
AirAsia India: Same aircraft but different engines. Although AirAsia group may not have funds to invest.
Qatar: Partnership is better than starting a new airline.
 
avier
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 am

unrave wrote:
Well well well.. Look what's on sale: Wadias looking to exit GoAir. Who will buy them?
https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... s/1378222/


Hmmm. They never seemed interested to be in this industry in the first place. With their snail paced growth, lost opportunities - in terms of seizing slots at the top two airports of the country. But they seem like a good shot for anyone wanting to get into this market.
 
sibibom
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:14 am

In the current environment, GoAir ain't going to get a decent valuation, the owners have wanted to sell earlier as well but weren't happy with the price. They will not exit until the dust settles and they get a better price.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:30 am

Is it just me or I'm not able to book BOM-DPS flight from 01/04/19 on Garuda Indonesia's website. Could any1 check if its the same or is it just normal for an airline website not to show bookings for April-May 2019 onwards (?)
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:09 pm

Well.. well... well!

Image
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Air India executive director of operations Arvind Kathpalia who flies Boeing 777s , flunked alcohol test on AI-111 Delhi - London today. This is not his first time he has been tested positive.

There's more: AI 332 Delhi - Bangkok has returned to Delhi because one of the pilots missed his breath analyser test.

Air India: The gift that keeps on giving
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
VTCIE
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:54 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Well.. well... well!

Image

Do they mean Surat Thani, Thailand?
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.
 
avier
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:57 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Is it just me or I'm not able to book BOM-DPS flight from 01/04/19 on Garuda Indonesia's website. Could any1 check if its the same or is it just normal for an airline website not to show bookings for April-May 2019 onwards (?)


It might be because it's the start of summer schedule then, and airlines haven't yet finalised their schedules yet. So it might not show up so soon.

unrave wrote:
Air India executive director of operations Arvind Kathpalia who flies Boeing 777s , flunked alcohol test


Does AI ever discipline their crew for their misconduct? Being a repeat offender means there wasn't any serious action taken on him the first time which made him do this again. Or he would have thought twice before resorting to such an act again.

Also what happened to the IX crew that scrapped the belly of their plane?
 
aviationbuff
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:41 pm

unrave wrote:
Air India executive director of operations Arvind Kathpalia who flies Boeing 777s , flunked alcohol test on AI-111 Delhi - London today. This is not his first time he has been tested positive.


For more info regarding the above subject
https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/india/story/air-india-pilot-arvind-kathpalia-caught-drunk-before-takeoff-again-delhi-london-flight-delayed-1386278-2018-11-11#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251$s
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

VTCIE wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Well.. well... well!

Image

Do they mean Surat Thani, Thailand?


Yes they want direct flight from Surat, India to Surat Thani, Thailand where there is absolutely 0 demand.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1067
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 pm

unrave wrote:
Well well well.. Look what's on sale: Wadias looking to exit GoAir. Who will buy them?
https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... s/1378222/


I think 9W should go to DL because 9w needs resources, skills and cheap access to transatlantic seats to turn around. Vistara should buy Go Air. This would give them much more access to BOM. Indigo should be prevented form buying any airline. They are too big and already are able to drive competitors out of routes. Plus they don’t need any more access at BOM (Bom needs the competition between airlines)
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 17666
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:26 am

AI had chief of operations (pilot) fail an alcohol test:
https://www.reuters.com/article/india-a ... SL2N1XM09D

A senior pilot who is also director of operations for Air India, and has had responsibility for flight safety and training, said he was told by the carrier he failed two breathalyzer tests on Sunday before a flight to London from New Delhi.

It is the second time Arvind Kathpalia, who is also on the loss-making airline’s board, has been in trouble over alcohol tests. He was suspended for three months in 2017 for allegedly refusing to take breathalyzer tests.


Failing one could be political. Two?
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
vadodara
Posts: 919
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 am

unrave wrote:
Well well well.. Look what's on sale: Wadias looking to exit GoAir. Who will buy them?
https://www.financialexpress.com/infras ... s/1378222/


Bidding war between Tata's and Qatar!

I would imagine as a substantially Indian owned entity, it would be hard for UAE to block Go Air flights to Doha. That in itself might make it worthwhile for Qatar to invest in.
 
 
VTCIE
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:04 am

Crazy4Planes wrote:

Idhar* 9W refuses to serve Africa. ADD, CAI, NBO, DAR, JNB, SEZ, MRU: nothing!
*On this side of the Indian Ocean.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:32 am

Air India W18 Singapore aircraft changes

Air India later this month plans to increase capacity on Delhi – Singapore service, currently served by A321 and Boeing 787-8, 1 daily each. From 14NOV18 to 26JAN19, this route will be served exclusively with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft.

AI382 DEL1315 – 2125SIN 788 D
AI380 DEL2300 – 0700+1SIN 788 D

AI381 SIN0820 – 1130DEL 788 D
AI383 SIN2300 – 0220+1DEL 788 D

The airline’s other service to Singapore will also see aircraft changes (effective date based on India departure):
Chennai – Singapore 13NOV18 – 27JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily
Mumbai – Singapore 12NOV18 – 26JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/
 
binayak
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 am

VTCIE wrote:
Crazy4Planes wrote:

Idhar* 9W refuses to serve Africa. ADD, CAI, NBO, DAR, JNB, SEZ, MRU: nothing!
*On this side of the Indian Ocean.


And the same airline has recently declared that they'll fly BOM NBO with their 737max . They even used to serve JNB once. BTW before pointing at just 9W , does 6E / SG serve Africa? No right? Then how can you be selective here?
Airline route planning are based on statistics and economics not emotions.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:40 am

sand26391 wrote:
Air India W18 Singapore aircraft changes

Air India later this month plans to increase capacity on Delhi – Singapore service, currently served by A321 and Boeing 787-8, 1 daily each. From 14NOV18 to 26JAN19, this route will be served exclusively with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft.

AI382 DEL1315 – 2125SIN 788 D
AI380 DEL2300 – 0700+1SIN 788 D

AI381 SIN0820 – 1130DEL 788 D
AI383 SIN2300 – 0220+1DEL 788 D

The airline’s other service to Singapore will also see aircraft changes (effective date based on India departure):
Chennai – Singapore 13NOV18 – 27JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily
Mumbai – Singapore 12NOV18 – 26JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/


Do these A321 even have IFE?
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
sibibom
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:25 pm

unrave wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Air India W18 Singapore aircraft changes

Air India later this month plans to increase capacity on Delhi – Singapore service, currently served by A321 and Boeing 787-8, 1 daily each. From 14NOV18 to 26JAN19, this route will be served exclusively with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft.

AI382 DEL1315 – 2125SIN 788 D
AI380 DEL2300 – 0700+1SIN 788 D

AI381 SIN0820 – 1130DEL 788 D
AI383 SIN2300 – 0220+1DEL 788 D

The airline’s other service to Singapore will also see aircraft changes (effective date based on India departure):
Chennai – Singapore 13NOV18 – 27JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily
Mumbai – Singapore 12NOV18 – 26JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/


Do these A321 even have IFE?


They do have screens, but rarely work on domestic sectors, I am not sure if they switch it on for the international sector.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm

I dont think they do (cud be wrong as I fly with AI rarely), but even if they dont have IFE.. I think they shud be having Drop down TVs?
 
vadodara
Posts: 919
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:08 pm

VTCIE wrote:
Crazy4Planes wrote:

Idhar* 9W refuses to serve Africa. ADD, CAI, NBO, DAR, JNB, SEZ, MRU: nothing!
*On this side of the Indian Ocean.


Not enough F or J traffic.
 
User avatar
CPS001
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:03 pm

sibibom wrote:
unrave wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Air India W18 Singapore aircraft changes

Air India later this month plans to increase capacity on Delhi – Singapore service, currently served by A321 and Boeing 787-8, 1 daily each. From 14NOV18 to 26JAN19, this route will be served exclusively with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft.

AI382 DEL1315 – 2125SIN 788 D
AI380 DEL2300 – 0700+1SIN 788 D

AI381 SIN0820 – 1130DEL 788 D
AI383 SIN2300 – 0220+1DEL 788 D

The airline’s other service to Singapore will also see aircraft changes (effective date based on India departure):
Chennai – Singapore 13NOV18 – 27JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily
Mumbai – Singapore 12NOV18 – 26JAN19 A321 replaces 787-8, 1 daily


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/


Do these A321 even have IFE?


They do have screens, but rarely work on domestic sectors, I am not sure if they switch it on for the international sector.


These are A320neos, not A321s. AI's website incorrectly shows them as "A321 - sharklets". No IFE IIRC.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 pm

SP's AirBuz August-September 2018 E-Magazine

Image
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 7070
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 am

Does 6E keep same delivery slots or pushing out deliveries?

Trying to figure out if 6E wants to dump more capacity or bring some capacity discipline.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2575
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:26 am

sand26391 wrote:
SP's AirBuz August-September 2018 E-Magazine

Image

Well Jet Airways has officially thrown in the towel in its battle to take on IndiGo. Expect to see much more capacity addition in Gulf routes by IndiGo
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
VTCIE
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:48 pm

binayak wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Crazy4Planes wrote:

Idhar* 9W refuses to serve Africa. ADD, CAI, NBO, DAR, JNB, SEZ, MRU: nothing!
*On this side of the Indian Ocean.


And the same airline has recently declared that they'll fly BOM NBO with their 737max . They even used to serve JNB once. BTW before pointing at just 9W , does 6E / SG serve Africa? No right? Then how can you be selective here?
Airline route planning are based on statistics and economics not emotions.

How can you bring in 6E and SG? They are budget carriers with geographically limited route networks. Sure, a 737 can fly BOM-ADD or BOM-NBO comfortably, but that is not the point. Africa-BOM is largely a business market. So bringing in 9W is warranted.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.
 
binayak
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:57 pm

VTCIE wrote:
How can you bring in 6E and SG? They are budget carriers with geographically limited route networks. Sure, a 737 can fly BOM-ADD or BOM-NBO comfortably, but that is not the point. Africa-BOM is largely a business market. So bringing in 9W is warranted.

I wanted to say that when no Indian carrier serves Africa, singling out 9W alone as someone who "refuses to serve " will be a kinda injustice IMO.
As for 6E and SG, nothing stops them too from serving CAI, NBO which are tourists' famous destinations.
And it's not that 9W doesn't want to enter Africa.
In fact I'll love to see whether AI wants to re enter the market. They once served CAI, DAR, DUR, JNB, NBO but now nothing!!
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:08 pm

UPDATE:- 16 Self Baggage Drop counters to become operational at BLR Airport in the coming days.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:43 pm

AirAsia India will drop out of the BLR-ATQ sector from 01DEC and 6E will launch its 2nd Daily BLR-ATQ flight on the same day.
AirAsia India will very likely announce BLR-TRV in the coming days. Also very likely is TRV-KUL from AirAsia Berhad

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos