VTORD
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 pm

unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:
Now if 6E partners with TK to connect multiple cities to IST, I don't think 6E should fly from BOM and DEL because that might put them at a competitive disadvantage with TK.
Better let TK double up at DEL, BOM and connect the metros and 6E connect mainly non metros to IST.


Yeah I don't see the point of 6E flying DEL/BOM-IST. In my opinion BLR is the prime candidate to be connected to IST. We could expect something like a CJB-BLR-IST on 6E and IST-XXX on TK

Would be interesting to see how transfer traffic will work for say a XXX-IST-YYY (non-BOM/DEL) routing. TK is essentially full service international carrier. BLR/HYD/MAA would be about a 7-8 hour flight from IST. So how are they going to price the tickets, services like meals etc., if a pax is getting on to a LCC for the next 7 hours?
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm

How are the visa requirements for Indians transiting through IST, given generally strained bilateral relations?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Connections from one TK flight each at DEL and BOM are not going to fill 6E planes. What is Indigo PLF and OTP for November '18??

IndiGo's planes already fly very full. Any connection will only be adding to the existing traffic.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
binayak
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:45 pm

VTORD wrote:
Would be interesting to see how transfer traffic will work for say a XXX-IST-YYY (non-BOM/DEL) routing. TK is essentially full service international carrier. BLR/HYD/MAA would be about a 7-8 hour flight from IST. So how are they going to price the tickets, services like meals etc., if a pax is getting on to a LCC for the next 7 hours?


TK provides ultra cheap fares for India US. So having an LCC for IST India won't be a problem for them.
Unless the two fly parallel routes, there won't be any problem. In fact this will create a cheaper option for India EU /US for BLR /HYD /MAA /CCU.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
binayak
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:50 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Connections from one TK flight each at DEL and BOM are not going to fill 6E planes. What is Indigo PLF and OTP for November '18??

Sure BLR-IST is a possibility. The sad part, BLR turning into a ULCC hub If there is any further 9W consolidation at BLR, BLR has to depend on O&D traffic or 6E/AI connections. Not good options for European legacy carriers. They may move their service to DEL/BOM, leaving Bangalore to 6E, ME3, SIA, CK. UA's DEL choice didn't help it either.


I thought UA didn't launch BLR because that might lead to their partner LH down gauging "Bangalore express " ;)
It will hurt the IT industry if BLR loses EU connections and I hope BLR airport understands this.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:54 pm

anshabhi wrote:
How are the visa requirements for Indians transiting through IST, given generally strained bilateral relations?

You can transit visa free like the ME3. You can get an eVisa to enter Turkey of you hold valid Schengen/US/UK/Aus visa.

binayak wrote:
It will hurt the IT industry if BLR loses EU connections and I hope BLR airport understands this.

DO you really expect the airport to say no a new destination?
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
binayak
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:11 pm

unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:
It will hurt the IT industry if BLR loses EU connections and I hope BLR airport understands this.

DO you really expect the airport to say no a new destination?


Of course not . However it can be a serious case if BLR really loses FS domestic flights.
The EU carriers need someone to interline.
Well all those don't seem to be happening in the near future as after few years a new terminal might make more room for FS to expand . I was trying to analyze the situation dtw2hyd was talking about.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
VTORD
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:18 pm

binayak wrote:
TK provides ultra cheap fares for India US. So having an LCC for IST India won't be a problem for them.
Unless the two fly parallel routes, there won't be any problem. In fact this will create a cheaper option for India EU /US for BLR /HYD /MAA /CCU.

That's all fine and dandy. I got that part. But TK doesn't charge me for meals. And I get 2 free bags. So how is 6E going to handle that?
So are pax flying this combination going to have to pay for meals on 1 leg of the journey? How does that work on current 6E international flights?
 
User avatar
flyer1225
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm

binayak wrote:
VTORD wrote:
Would be interesting to see how transfer traffic will work for say a XXX-IST-YYY (non-BOM/DEL) routing. TK is essentially full service international carrier. BLR/HYD/MAA would be about a 7-8 hour flight from IST. So how are they going to price the tickets, services like meals etc., if a pax is getting on to a LCC for the next 7 hours?


TK provides ultra cheap fares for India US. So having an LCC for IST India won't be a problem for them.
Unless the two fly parallel routes, there won't be any problem. In fact this will create a cheaper option for India EU /US for BLR /HYD /MAA /CCU.


With TK hoping to expand in India over the next 5-10 years, it's unlikely that they'd be that open to 6E launching flights to IST.
6E/9W/AA/AF/AI/AS/B6/BA/DJ/DL/EK/FL/HA/IC/IT/JQ/LH/LX/OS/QF/S2/SG/UA/US/VS/VX/WN
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:30 pm

VTORD wrote:
That's all fine and dandy. I got that part. But TK doesn't charge me for meals. And I get 2 free bags. So how is 6E going to handle that?
So are pax flying this combination going to have to pay for meals on 1 leg of the journey? How does that work on current 6E international flights?


While the exact details will become clear only once the codeshares become operational the Emirates - Jetstar partnership provides some clues:
Emirates customers travelling on Jetstar will enjoy a range of full service fare features such as food and beverage options and the same luggage allowance they would have on Emirates


I would expect something similar here too.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:56 pm

unrave wrote:
Big news of the day: IndiGo announces codeshare agreement with Turkish Airlines. This also follows that IndiGo's launch of IST is imminent, probably with A321neo. Currently TK flies 7x weekly to DEL and BOM each.


This mitigates the need for the expansion of 6E in the long and ultra long haul markets. TK is one of the very few carriers that is connected to all the 6 continents and with more aircrafts in order, their services are only expected to increase. Theoretically, you can connect to anywhere in the world from any 2nd or 3rd tier cities in India through 6E and TK. A very wise move on behalf of 6E.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:18 pm

I will be really happy if Indigo starts IST or even SAW from Bombay
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:41 pm

How true is this as posted by this user on another thread ?

anshabhi wrote:
Not questioning the airline's potential, but I think its better to get started first before placing any major order. Even IndiGo took 6 A320 on lease, before ordering its first 100 aircraft.

Or maybe a website and wiki article first :)


Thread was of a startup African carrier ordering 100MAX.
 
binayak
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:46 pm

avier wrote:
How true is this as posted by this user on another thread ?

anshabhi wrote:
Not questioning the airline's potential, but I think its better to get started first before placing any major order. Even IndiGo took 6 A320 on lease, before ordering its first 100 aircraft.

Or maybe a website and wiki article first :)


Thread was of a startup African carrier ordering 100MAX.


AFAIK didn't they order 100 a320s even before they started ops?
There's in fact an old thread on the same on A.net .
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm

binayak wrote:
avier wrote:
How true is this as posted by this user on another thread ?

anshabhi wrote:
Not questioning the airline's potential, but I think its better to get started first before placing any major order. Even IndiGo took 6 A320 on lease, before ordering its first 100 aircraft.

Or maybe a website and wiki article first :)


Thread was of a startup African carrier ordering 100MAX.


AFAIK didn't they order 100 a320s even before they started ops?
There's in fact an old thread on the same on A.net .


That's what I and probably everyone else would remember it as.

I happen to catch that user BS on different threads always. No fact check before posting.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 18424
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:56 pm

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
unrave wrote:
Big news of the day: IndiGo announces codeshare agreement with Turkish Airlines. This also follows that IndiGo's launch of IST is imminent, probably with A321neo. Currently TK flies 7x weekly to DEL and BOM each.


This mitigates the need for the expansion of 6E in the long and ultra long haul markets. TK is one of the very few carriers that is connected to all the 6 continents and with more aircrafts in order, their services are only expected to increase. Theoretically, you can connect to anywhere in the world from any 2nd or 3rd tier cities in India through 6E and TK. A very wise move on behalf of 6E.

This is the best strategic move 6E could make. Due to the rediculously high fuel taxes in India and lower premium market, Indian airlines opperate with a handicap. There is a reason the long haul Indian airlines burn cash like it is fuel.

What are the open rights for Indigo? Whatever the rights are, they will print money. This increase the need for reform at AI and 9W.

A pure NEO strategy is very low risk for Indigo.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:08 pm

binayak wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Connections from one TK flight each at DEL and BOM are not going to fill 6E planes. What is Indigo PLF and OTP for November '18??

Sure BLR-IST is a possibility. The sad part, BLR turning into a ULCC hub If there is any further 9W consolidation at BLR, BLR has to depend on O&D traffic or 6E/AI connections. Not good options for European legacy carriers. They may move their service to DEL/BOM, leaving Bangalore to 6E, ME3, SIA, CK. UA's DEL choice didn't help it either.


I thought UA didn't launch BLR because that might lead to their partner LH down gauging "Bangalore express " ;)
It will hurt the IT industry if BLR loses EU connections and I hope BLR airport understands this.


All BS, no such news of BLR becoming a ULCC hub. Development takes time, atleast we are a hub, HYD is nowhere. No EU connections are being lost, all BLR-EU traffic is growing in double digits YoY. Please stop spreading fake news/rumours.

All I can say is, there's a reason why 6E is taking the slots(even non peak hours) & launching int'l routes from the city, by WS19-20(& onwards) you will know why :-))
November had a +20% YoY intl growth & Dec (until 16DEC) reporting 17-18% growth in Intl pax YoY. BLR aint BOM to get the numbers(unfortunately for now). There was a time when MAA folks used to say BLR will never catch up & well.....! There's time for everything :-))
 
ojas
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:23 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Effective 01st February 2019, Flydubai will begin 3 weekly flights to CCJ with the schedule as below:

FZ 429 DXB - CCJ 2020 0145+1 Mo, We, Fr
FZ 430 CCJ - DXB 0305 0605 Tu, Th, Sa

Aircraft: B737-800
Great leaders don't tell you what to do ... they show you how it's done!
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:47 am

VT-ITR. the IndiGo aircraft involved in the smoke in cabin incident on 10DEC18 has resumed flying.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 18424
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:29 am

It amazes me all the objections to the TK/6E partnership that could be solved via information technology. If India cannot write that software, something has gone unbelievably wrong.

It is better to expand low risk (avoid widebodies for now) to build the customer base. The NEO (and MAX) allow low risk expansion. Due to the restrictive Turkey/India bilateral, many of the flights will have to be on Indigo metal.

I see flights connecting to Europe and Africa being a big deal.

If Indigo is wise, they should also partner with ET and at least one Southeast Asian airline.


unrave wrote:
DGCA data for November 2018:
November 2018 monthly domestic traffic: 11.6m (+11.04%)
YTD traffic: 126.3m (+19.21%)

Highlights:
52nd consecutive month of double digit domestic traffic growth
IndiGo becomes the first Indian airline to carry 50m domestic pax in a single year
Indian domestic market all set to cross 0.1 trips per capita for the first time

Now that is facinating. First, the incredibly low trips per capital showing the potential for perhaps 4X growth in 15 years and further growth further out.

The second part is Indigo's market share. They become the natural partner.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 18424
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:39 am

Interesting that Indigo might be also partnering with QR.
https://wap.business-standard.com/artic ... 071_1.html

I'm going to have to think about that. In many ways redundant to the TK code share. Perhaps this is due to strict bilateral limits requiring multiple partnerships for scale?

Indigo should, besides the before mentioned ET, reach out to IAG, CX, and QF. As an ULCC an alliance has too much cost. But enough well crafted code shares would do them well.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
lutfi
Posts: 885
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2000 6:33 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 am

VTORD wrote:
binayak wrote:
TK provides ultra cheap fares for India US. So having an LCC for IST India won't be a problem for them.
Unless the two fly parallel routes, there won't be any problem. In fact this will create a cheaper option for India EU /US for BLR /HYD /MAA /CCU.

That's all fine and dandy. I got that part. But TK doesn't charge me for meals. And I get 2 free bags. So how is 6E going to handle that?
So are pax flying this combination going to have to pay for meals on 1 leg of the journey? How does that work on current 6E international flights?


Same as SQ onto Scoot. If you interline they only sell you the ‘bundle’ fare that includes bags & meal on the Scoot leg of the journey
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:46 am

Philippines Airlines announces the launch of 3x weekly MNL-DEL wef 31MAR19
PR726 MNL0715 – 1235DEL 321 x246
PR727 DEL1335 – 2235MNL 321 x246

This will be the first non stop service between Philippines and India
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:58 am

unrave wrote:
Philippines Airlines announces the launch of 3x weekly MNL-DEL wef 31MAR19
PR726 MNL0715 – 1235DEL 321 x246
PR727 DEL1335 – 2235MNL 321 x246

This will be the first non stop service between Philippines and India


It's a resumption of service. They've operated the route before.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:00 am

avier wrote:
It's a resumption of service. They've operated the route before.

That was a one stop via BKK
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 am

lightsaber wrote:

If Indigo is wise, they should also partner with ET and at least one Southeast Asian airline.


I agree with the ET partnership. But as far as the ASEAN market is concerned, 6E has a large fleet with hundreds of neos incoming (both 320 and 321). Their aircrafts can render the range required for non stop operations in the ASEAN market hence the need for partnership/codeshares can be eliminated. If planned with precision, they can rival the LCC hub of the AirAsia group.
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 am

unrave wrote:
avier wrote:
It's a resumption of service. They've operated the route before.

That was a one stop via BKK


Ok, got that. That's quite a long route for an A321. Almost 6hrs. Wonder if it's the NEO they'd operate.
 
EmoticonsAllDay
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 am

avier wrote:
unrave wrote:
avier wrote:
It's a resumption of service. They've operated the route before.

That was a one stop via BKK


Ok, got that. That's quite a long route for an A321. Almost 6hrs. Wonder if it's the NEO they'd operate.


The NEO will be operating this route. PR has been operating MNL - SYD with the NEOs for quite a while now. Their NEOs have lie flat J.
 
anairliner
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:12 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 am

unrave wrote:
Air Asia finally adds BOM to its network with the announcement of 1x daily BLR-BOM wef 15JAN19. This route is currently served by at least 32 daily frequencies across carriers.


From the same day they Are shutting down three stations Amritsar, Nagpur and Surat. With the capacity expansion of Indigo we can expect other airlines closing further routes!
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:01 am

unrave wrote:
Philippines Airlines announces the launch of 3x weekly MNL-DEL wef 31MAR19
PR726 MNL0715 – 1235DEL 321 x246
PR727 DEL1335 – 2235MNL 321 x246

This will be the first non stop service between Philippines and India


I know Jet is in bad shape but wish they were using their 737 Max to launch routes like BOM-MNL, BOM-NBO, BOM-CGK. Also wish they would have installed lie flat J class
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:41 am

There are unconfirmed reports suggesting IndiGo is scheduled to launch operations at Silchar airport from February. Silchar is one of the stations Jet Airways is scheduled to withdraw from in February.
https://www.barakbulletin.com/en_US/ind ... -february/

CaliguyNYC wrote:
I know Jet is in bad shape but wish they were using their 737 Max to launch routes like BOM-MNL, BOM-NBO, BOM-CGK. Also wish they would have installed lie flat J class

There is a cheeky saying in Tamil that is appropriate here: (roughly translated) A man can't wish for nine wives if he can't even get it up.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:11 am

anairliner wrote:
From the same day they Are shutting down three stations Amritsar, Nagpur and Surat. With the capacity expansion of Indigo we can expect other airlines closing further routes!


BLR is indeed turning into a ULCC hub for domestic ops. Too much LCC capacity being thrown in there. I wonder what yields might be from there apart from the BOM/DEL routes. It's also obvious from the fact that the two major FSC's haven't made it big at BLR. Also shows FSC model in India only works from the biggest two cities for the domestic market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:50 am

^^ Actually BLR yields are 1 of the best in the country. COK/TRV & the likes of CCJ have the poorest of yeilds down south, with MAA close behind. Again, there is a reason why AI & 9W are as of now not adding new flights. AI's MLE, BKK are doing well from what I have know till 16DEC. Im unaware of the LHR flight as of now. Now regarding ULCC hub, with 6E having so many a/c they are taking away the slots at BLR, so that in the coming 18 months they can expand wrt to the recently launched/announced TK codeshare. The airline has a plan, plus BIAL has already requested to start many int'l flights from BLR, but most of the times AI have rejected and started from DEL saying DEL is the hub and they wud not begin from BLR. Now dont dub BLR as a ULCC hub, if AI & 9W(for now) are not ready to expand due to their issues/problems is not due to ANY problem of BLR. Even if a BLR-XXX sector has better numbers & yields(sometimes) than DEL-XXX, AI & 9W wud anyday start from DEL/BOM purely coz of hub status. 6E has some good plans in the coming 12-18 months from BLR, I5 also to follow. Unfortunately due some bilaterals the other Int'l carriers are not able to add services to BLR, classic example is TK who want to start 4x weekly to BLR since 2 years.

Infact BLR is building up beautifully in the coming 18+ months wrt other cramped major airports down south.
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:06 am

sand26391 wrote:
^^ Actually BLR yields are 1 of the best in the country. COK/TRV & the likes of CCJ have the poorest of yeilds down south, with MAA close behind. Again, there is a reason why AI & 9W are as of now not adding new flights. AI's MLE, BKK are doing well from what I have know till 16DEC. Im unaware of the LHR flight as of now.


I was referring to the domestic flights, so the reasoning of Int'l flights doesn't corelate. Being the third largest metro of the country means they will obviously need to come close to the gap they have with the bigger two cities on the int'l front. And up until now their int'l capacity wasn't even that big.

But on the domestic side, it look like it's just a low fare market stimulating all that growth out of BLR. If yeids were so good, I'm sure the FSC's would have some sizeable ops out of the 3rd biggest metro city. The two largest FSC don't even have combined 100 departures/day at BLR, even in their good old days. Even if we add Vistara to that, the three combined FSC's don't have 100 departures/day out of BLR. And this is the city next after BOM & DEL. And 6E at BLR is what , 150 departures/day?It does clearly speak something.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:33 am

avier wrote:
But on the domestic side, it look like it's just a low fare market stimulating all that growth out of BLR. If yeids were so good, I'm sure the FSC's would have some sizeable ops out of the 3rd biggest metro city. The two largest FSC don't even have combined 100 departures/day at BLR, even in their good old days. Even if we add Vistara to that, the three combined FSC's don't have 100 departures/day out of BLR. And this is the city next after BOM & DEL. And 6E at BLR is what , 150 departures/day?It does clearly speak something.


I think it only elaborates the well known management & financial issues at the 2 FSCs. Most of the growth in BLR is in recent past i.e. less than 5 years, and the 2 FSCs have not really expanded from anywhere in that time.
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:23 am

^^ Indeed, though demand from many cities continues, AI mostly continue not to operate many departures out of BLR/MAA/CCU. That in NO way means BLR is an ULCC market. If AI conc ONLY on DEL/BOM the pax have no other way to choose LCC to fly to their destinations domestically, or use the Long Haul Intl carriers from BLR. There are many other reasons, but thats for someother time. Atleast BLR is becoming a hub
 
VTCIE
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:23 pm

If there is any airport which is fit enough to be an alternative to DEL and BOM for international traffic, it is BLR. The second runway will come in a year's time, and the second terminal will come in a few years. MAA, AMD and CCU, being government airports, are a non-starter; as for HYD, its privatisation was in vain, as far as becoming a hub is concerned.

Anybody who wants to make the most of BLR (note: for international flights) and expand is free to do so. AI is myopic and cannot look beyond DEL; 9W is strapped for cash. It is up to 6E (and to a lesser extent SG and even G8) to rule the roost and turn BLR into a full-fledged international hub.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.
 
User avatar
Viman
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:06 pm

anairliner wrote:
unrave wrote:
Air Asia finally adds BOM to its network with the announcement of 1x daily BLR-BOM wef 15JAN19. This route is currently served by at least 32 daily frequencies across carriers.


From the same day they Are shutting down three stations Amritsar, Nagpur and Surat. With the capacity expansion of Indigo we can expect other airlines closing further routes!



I am not able to find this news about closure of Air Asia at these stations, can you give some link?
 
sand26391
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Viman wrote:
anairliner wrote:
unrave wrote:
Air Asia finally adds BOM to its network with the announcement of 1x daily BLR-BOM wef 15JAN19. This route is currently served by at least 32 daily frequencies across carriers.


From the same day they Are shutting down three stations Amritsar, Nagpur and Surat. With the capacity expansion of Indigo we can expect other airlines closing further routes!



I am not able to find this news about closure of Air Asia at these stations, can you give some link?


Bookings are not open on these sectors on I5 and also on Skyscanner website
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Air India Express announces the launch of 1x daily IXE-SIN wef 31MAR19. This route is not flown by any other airline.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:41 pm

unrave wrote:
Air India Express announces the launch of 1x daily IXE-SIN wef 31MAR19. This route is not flown by any other airline.


Wow. I never imagined such a route had potential. I also thought they short of aircrafts at the moment.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:43 pm

avier wrote:
Wow. I never imagined such a route had potential. I also thought they short of aircrafts at the moment.

They are scheduled to take delivery of their last 737-800 shortly.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:47 pm

unrave wrote:
avier wrote:
Wow. I never imagined such a route had potential. I also thought they short of aircrafts at the moment.

They are scheduled to take delivery of their last 737-800 shortly.


I thought they'd go full on expanding out of Kannur with any spare or new capacity available. Also the daily SIN flight, which is a long flight, would take up lot of utilization of an A/C. Anyways interesting route.
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Is there any chance of AI ordering additional 787'S in the next year, either direct purchase or lease? I think a combination of 789'S and 78J'S would allow AI to reduce their 77W fleet and allow AI to offer the right size of capacity to meet route demands.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:48 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Is there any chance of AI ordering additional 787'S in the next year, either direct purchase or lease? I think a combination of 789'S and 78J'S would allow AI to reduce their 77W fleet and allow AI to offer the right size of capacity to meet route demands.

No. Govt (and literally anyone else) is not interested in financing any big ticket for purchase for AI.

So.. IXE gets SIN first before 2nd daily flight to DEL, or any North Indian destination.

IXE and Kannur are pretty close by road (150 km). And to some extent, similar market would be targeted by both the airports
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:10 am

IndiGo increases frequency on BLR-IXE to 4x daily wef 31MAR19. This route is also served 3x daily by SpiceJet
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:46 am

georgiabill wrote:
Is there any chance of AI ordering additional 787'S in the next year, either direct purchase or lease? I think a combination of 789'S and 78J'S would allow AI to reduce their 77W fleet and allow AI to offer the right size of capacity to meet route demands.


AI should fix the planes they have to open new routes. I think they have at least 5 wide bodies sitting idle. So they still have ample room to expand. If the GOI invests anything, it should be to renovate the 77W’s. AI should then just work the planes to death. Look at US airlines. I get amazed at how nice old planes can be post renovation.
 
avier
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:23 am

unrave wrote:
IndiGo increases frequency on BLR-IXE to 4x daily wef 31MAR19. This route is also served 3x daily by SpiceJet


So 9W has pulled out of this route too ? :shock:
This was one of their earliest routes they served when they started and enjoyed a long monopoly.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:57 am

avier wrote:

So 9W has pulled out of this route too ? :shock:
This was one of their earliest routes they served when they started and enjoyed a long monopoly.

9W flies 2x daily on this route. The flights are scheduled to be axed in Febrruary
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 am

unrave wrote:
9W flies 2x daily on this route. The flights are scheduled to be axed in Febrruary


There's something seriously wrong with an airline who's not able to make BLR-IXE work :shock:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos