User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:32 am

unnayan wrote:
Impressive!!! Who would have thought GAU-Kochi makes commercial sense just a few years back too...?


Kochi doesn't have non stop flight connectivity to even CCU. IndiGo is scheduled to begin the first service on this route from 30OCT18.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:15 am

L&T wins the contract to build the 255,000sqm T2 at BLR. They have also won the contract for building the 2nd RWY, TWYs and T2 Aprons. Expected date of completion is mid 2021
 
unnayan
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:55 am

unrave wrote:
unnayan wrote:
Impressive!!! Who would have thought GAU-Kochi makes commercial sense just a few years back too...?


Kochi doesn't have non stop flight connectivity to even CCU. IndiGo is scheduled to begin the first service on this route from 30OCT18.


I remember I flew CCU-Kochi in 2010 on Indigo, although the flight did stop in Bangalore.. they must have withdrawn the service in between
 
User avatar
AirIndia
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2001 2:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:15 am

unrave wrote:
unnayan wrote:
Impressive!!! Who would have thought GAU-Kochi makes commercial sense just a few years back too...?


Kochi doesn't have non stop flight connectivity to even CCU. IndiGo is scheduled to begin the first service on this route from 30OCT18.


Will GAU-COK be the longest domestic flight in India (mainlaind)? DEL-IXZ is longer i just figured,
 
avier
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:19 pm

unrave wrote:
IndiGo expansion at Kochi
Kochi - Gauhati 1x daily wef 15NOV18
Kochi - Jaipur 1x daily wef 15NOV18
Kochi - Lucknow 1x daily wef 08DEC18



Those are very interesting city pairs. Wow!!

Also regarding the COK-GAU route, I wonder if this is got to do with the large scale migration of workers from North-East to Kerala for better employment opportunities. I remember some Mallu mates sort of cribbing about a large number of such workers form Bengal/North-East India in Kerala and their inability to communicate properly with locals, and many also apparently from Bangladesh! :o

Going by that, I wonder if there will soon also be Kochi- Kolkata/ Dhaka flights too. ;)

With all the North connections to BLR/MAA/HYD of late, it looks like there is a huge migration happening from the North to South rather than the other way round. After all the southern cities seem to be doing economically and progressively much better than the North, and they always have been . :)
 
unnayan
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:58 pm

avier wrote:
unrave wrote:
IndiGo expansion at Kochi
Kochi - Gauhati 1x daily wef 15NOV18
Kochi - Jaipur 1x daily wef 15NOV18
Kochi - Lucknow 1x daily wef 08DEC18



Those are very interesting city pairs. Wow!!

Also regarding the COK-GAU route, I wonder if this is got to do with the large scale migration of workers from North-East to Kerala for better employment opportunities. I remember some Mallu mates sort of cribbing about a large number of such workers form Bengal/North-East India in Kerala and their inability to communicate properly with locals, and many also apparently from Bangladesh! :o

Going by that, I wonder if there will soon also be Kochi- Kolkata/ Dhaka flights too. ;)

With all the North connections to BLR/MAA/HYD of late, it looks like there is a huge migration happening from the North to South rather than the other way round. After all the southern cities seem to be doing economically and progressively much better than the North, and they always have been . :)



Or the growing spending power of people of northeast, so that they can spend on tourism and leisure in states like Kerala. There has been a general growth in aviation in these areas, with multiple daily frequencies to across India, not just the south.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:11 pm

avier wrote:

Those are very interesting city pairs. Wow!!

Also regarding the COK-GAU route, I wonder if this is got to do with the large scale migration of workers from North-East to Kerala for better employment opportunities. I remember some Mallu mates sort of cribbing about a large number of such workers form Bengal/North-East India in Kerala and their inability to communicate properly with locals, and many also apparently from Bangladesh! :o

Going by that, I wonder if there will soon also be Kochi- Kolkata/ Dhaka flights too. ;)

With all the North connections to BLR/MAA/HYD of late, it looks like there is a huge migration happening from the North to South rather than the other way round. After all the southern cities seem to be doing economically and progressively much better than the North, and they always have been . :)


Migration is definitely the main reason. Construction workers in large projects in the south are almost exclusively sourced from the north and north east these days.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sibibom
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Every new worker in Kerala is a Bengali now, whether from Assam/Bengal or illegal Bangladeshis and even Rohingyas now.

I once flew Indigo's midnight flight to Mumbai earlier this year, most were connecting to the east via Mumbai
 
zionite
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:26 pm

unrave wrote:
Migration is definitely the main reason. Construction workers in large projects in the south are almost exclusively sourced from the north and north east these days.


Does that mean there's some kind of brain drain to Gulf? Majority of skilled workers working in Gulf are from southern India working on large projects in Gulf with better pay, creating an absence in the are which is fulfilled by lesser skilled workers from eastern India (and Bangladesh).
 
behramjee
Posts: 4698
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:50 am

Indigo Airlines has announced further expansion of its India-Kuwait bound flights effective 01NOV...more details can be found here http://airline-updates.blogspot.com/201 ... uwait.html
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 am

First look of SpiceJet MAX interiors

Image
Tweeted by @ari_maj. Source unknown.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sibibom
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:04 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:39 am

zionite wrote:
unrave wrote:
Migration is definitely the main reason. Construction workers in large projects in the south are almost exclusively sourced from the north and north east these days.


Does that mean there's some kind of brain drain to Gulf? Majority of skilled workers working in Gulf are from southern India working on large projects in Gulf with better pay, creating an absence in the are which is fulfilled by lesser skilled workers from eastern India (and Bangladesh).


People in Kerala are too educated to menial jobs within the state (They will do anything once they cross the state border :p). However, between too much education and strong communist roots which ensured high wages for everyone, its become an attractive option for people from the rest of India. Agriculture has almost become unviable cos of these wages. Most of the migrants are low skilled farm laborers or into construction (someone has to make palatial homes with all the NRI monies). There are some software professionals too in Cochin and Trivandrum and few in the hospitality segments. but those numbers are minuscule compared to low skilled laborers.
 
BrooklyBOMgal
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:23 am

 
zionite
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:49 am

BrooklyBOMgal wrote:

Yes... This route is definitely being considered.

However the governments of both countries are waiting for their friends to start FNJ-DTW route first.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am

I really don't think Kerala to KHI is in the plans of any airline.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 pm

More than that we need DTW-HYD....... ASAP
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 15801
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:06 pm

sand26391 wrote:
This is NAC for BOM (No date given, but assuming its around the same date as above)

Image

That shows a lack of airport capacity clearly.

People pay a premium to fly 7am to 9pm. They will avoid flying at really bad times (all that is left).

It is interesting how the European curfews distort operations and result in the 3am to 4am slots being filled.
Growth will slow when only back of the clock slots are available. The new airport couldn't come in time.

Lightsaber
You only have the first amendment with the 2nd. If you're not going to offend someone with what you say, you don't have the 1st.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:42 pm

sand26391 wrote:
This is NAC for BOM (No date given, but assuming its around the same date as above)


Do you have the same for DEL?
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:45 pm

Nope, I do not have.
 
vadodara
Posts: 682
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:02 pm

lightsaber wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
This is NAC for BOM (No date given, but assuming its around the same date as above)

Image

That shows a lack of airport capacity clearly.

People pay a premium to fly 7am to 9pm. They will avoid flying at really bad times (all that is left).

It is interesting how the European curfews distort operations and result in the 3am to 4am slots being filled.
Growth will slow when only back of the clock slots are available. The new airport couldn't come in time.

Lightsaber


Considering that more than 50% of slots are held by airlines that are 'bankcrupt', it seems like monopoly money is distorting the asset.

But fair points regarding the European curfew's. One workaround, ofcourse, is more p2p services to N America. However that will require adjustments to both US as well as Indian carriers. Unfortunately, most Indian carriers are not financially solid to start something like this anytime soon.
 
vadodara
Posts: 682
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:12 pm

lightsaber wrote:
That shows a lack of airport capacity clearly.
.........
Lightsaber


On a slightly flippant note, these days even Shirdi has a better chance for growth than BOM. If you ask me, that might not be a bad thing!
 
DSFTEBMNZ
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Does anyone know how Singapore and Cathay decide which airlines from their groups fly to different cities in India?

Specifically, I was curious to find out why Singapore flies under its own name as well as sending Scoot and SilkAir to Bangalore, but only the two latter to Hyderabad.

Conversely, Cathay flies its parent brand to Hyderabad but Dragon to Bangalore.

This has nothing to do with any bilateral, does it?
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:36 pm

lightsaber wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
This is NAC for BOM (No date given, but assuming its around the same date as above)

Image

That shows a lack of airport capacity clearly.

People pay a premium to fly 7am to 9pm. They will avoid flying at really bad times (all that is left).

It is interesting how the European curfews distort operations and result in the 3am to 4am slots being filled.
Growth will slow when only back of the clock slots are available. The new airport couldn't come in time.

Lightsaber


I thought most of the Euro flights leave before 3am (like 2:45am). And the ME3 flights leave in the 4am zone. So who is filling up the 3am slots? Is that where Jet and others run domestic connectors for international pax so the airport blocks international airlines from flying then?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
I thought most of the Euro flights leave before 3am (like 2:45am). And the ME3 flights leave in the 4am zone. So who is filling up the 3am slots? Is that where Jet and others run domestic connectors for international pax so the airport blocks international airlines from flying then?


The runway is closed for daily maintenance from 3 to 4 AM
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:16 pm

^^ I really dont know why you guys keep answering him..all i have seen him is saying absolute B.S and shows NO PROOF of ANYTHING he says.
I am still waiting for his claim to be proven that STV/BDQ (or whatever town) provide 30% of BOM/DEL traffic. Hes gone even more low by comparing SAG with BOM (Yikes to that). Now if he has any worthy point to discuss lets discuss, or else just stop replying to him.
 
Nimish
Posts: 2955
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:46 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 pm

unrave wrote:
unnayan wrote:
Impressive!!! Who would have thought GAU-Kochi makes commercial sense just a few years back too...?


Kochi doesn't have non stop flight connectivity to even CCU. IndiGo is scheduled to begin the first service on this route from 30OCT18.


The number of "bengalis" (the wider term used by Mallus to refer to everyone from Bihar/ Orisa/ WB/ Assam/ NE etc.) working in Kerala is astounding. While they may not be the target of this flight, I'm sure there's some bit of the labor traffic (perhaps the "managers") that will benefit from the flight.

unrave wrote:
Post the successful fulfilment of obtaining the consent of 70% of project affected people, the government is set to invite bids for Jewar airport by Nov. PwC has been appointed to manage the bid.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 000913.cms

It's happening :praise:


Super - this will be awesome news for those on the Eastern part of the NCR!
Incredible India!
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Nimish wrote:
The number of "bengalis" (the wider term used by Mallus to refer to everyone from Bihar/ Orisa/ WB/ Assam/ NE etc.) working in Kerala is astounding. While they may not be the target of this flight, I'm sure there's some bit of the labor traffic (perhaps the "managers") that will benefit from the flight.


I flew DEL-CJB a couple of months back. Seated next to me was a construction worker from rural Bihar who had taken an overnight train to Patna and was flying PAT-DEL-CJB. Migrant labourers do take flights, may be they are still out of reach for those at the lowest rung but even those who are one rung above are taking to planes in increasing numbers.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:11 pm

SG expansion at MAA

Chennai - Trivandrum, 1x daily wef 28OCT18
Chennai - Rajahmundry, 1x daily wef 04OCT18
Chennai - Goa, 3x daily wef 28OCT18

(All flights on Q400 aircraft)
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 pm

BIAL & L&T sign ₹3000 cr contract to build T2 at BLR. Construction to start in JAN2019 & complete by APRIL 2021.

Image

Image

Image

L&T are currently building the 2nd Parallel runway, associated TWY's & T2 apron for ₹1358 crores. 2nd RWY to be operational btw OCT-DEC 2019. The following pic taken a few days ago at BLR airport office

Image
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 am

MAA becomes the fourth Indian airport to cross 500 daily ATM. BLR achieved this feat in late 2015.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
Nimish
Posts: 2955
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:46 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:36 am

unrave wrote:
I flew DEL-CJB a couple of months back. Seated next to me was a construction worker from rural Bihar who had taken an overnight train to Patna and was flying PAT-DEL-CJB. Migrant labourers do take flights, may be they are still out of reach for those at the lowest rung but even those who are one rung above are taking to planes in increasing numbers.

Interesting - thanks for sharing this anecdote. Now the GAU-COK flights start to make a lot of sense!
Incredible India!
 
avier
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:06 am

unrave wrote:

I flew DEL-CJB a couple of months back. Seated next to me was a construction worker from rural Bihar who had taken an overnight train to Patna and was flying PAT-DEL-CJB. Migrant labourers do take flights, may be they are still out of reach for those at the lowest rung but even those who are one rung above are taking to planes in increasing numbers.


Also, at times, the bigger companies do pay for the transport partly or wholly to get the labourers as part of the contract with them, be it air or rail. Air travel works out better to woo these labourers and avoids the issues like the waiting list for train seats.
The cost of local labour being much higher in the south, makes these companies desperate for these labourers from elsewhere and provide these allowances to get them to the south.
 
avier
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 am

DSFTEBMNZ wrote:
Does anyone know how Singapore and Cathay decide which airlines from their groups fly to different cities in India?

Specifically, I was curious to find out why Singapore flies under its own name as well as sending Scoot and SilkAir to Bangalore, but only the two latter to Hyderabad.

Conversely, Cathay flies its parent brand to Hyderabad but Dragon to Bangalore.

This has nothing to do with any bilateral, does it?


Bilateral's encompass all the airlines equally (usually, politics aside) of the said country under the agreement, so no, nothing to do with that.

SQ and CX deploy their capacity between the parent and subsidiary depending on how they want to fragment the market. Since the two themselves are too premium , and exclusively fly widebodies, they use their subs.

Usually the biggest two metro's - BOM/DEL- get exclusively the main parent carriers. The other metro's get varied services since premium demand is there albeit smaller than the biggest two metro's along with lot of leisure/migrant/VFR/Student low fare paying pax, so it allows them to fragment those markets by using their subsidiaries.
So they don't have it fixed for the metros like BLR/CCU/MAA/HYD, and can send more than one of their airlines their, like SQ does.
 
DSFTEBMNZ
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:33 am

avier wrote:
DSFTEBMNZ wrote:
Does anyone know how Singapore and Cathay decide which airlines from their groups fly to different cities in India?

Specifically, I was curious to find out why Singapore flies under its own name as well as sending Scoot and SilkAir to Bangalore, but only the two latter to Hyderabad.

Conversely, Cathay flies its parent brand to Hyderabad but Dragon to Bangalore.

This has nothing to do with any bilateral, does it?


Bilateral's encompass all the airlines equally (usually, politics aside) of the said country under the agreement, so no, nothing to do with that.

....
Usually the biggest two metro's - BOM/DEL- get exclusively the main parent carriers. The other metro's get varied services since premium demand is there albeit smaller than the biggest two metro's along with lot of leisure/migrant/VFR/Student low fare paying pax, so it allows them to fragment those markets by using their subsidiaries.
So they don't have it fixed for the metros like BLR/CCU/MAA/HYD, and can send more than one of their airlines their, like SQ does.


Thanks. I was thinking along these lines, but it seems weird that Singapore has captured most of the Eastbound premium demand in Bangalore (SQ wide bodies) and not in Hyderabad, while Cathay has captured that in Hyderabad but not in Bangalore. That seems a little too polarized for premium demand.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:29 pm

DSFTEBMNZ wrote:
avier wrote:
DSFTEBMNZ wrote:
Does anyone know how Singapore and Cathay decide which airlines from their groups fly to different cities in India?

Specifically, I was curious to find out why Singapore flies under its own name as well as sending Scoot and SilkAir to Bangalore, but only the two latter to Hyderabad.

Conversely, Cathay flies its parent brand to Hyderabad but Dragon to Bangalore.

This has nothing to do with any bilateral, does it?


Bilateral's encompass all the airlines equally (usually, politics aside) of the said country under the agreement, so no, nothing to do with that.

....
Usually the biggest two metro's - BOM/DEL- get exclusively the main parent carriers. The other metro's get varied services since premium demand is there albeit smaller than the biggest two metro's along with lot of leisure/migrant/VFR/Student low fare paying pax, so it allows them to fragment those markets by using their subsidiaries.
So they don't have it fixed for the metros like BLR/CCU/MAA/HYD, and can send more than one of their airlines their, like SQ does.


Thanks. I was thinking along these lines, but it seems weird that Singapore has captured most of the Eastbound premium demand in Bangalore (SQ wide bodies) and not in Hyderabad, while Cathay has captured that in Hyderabad but not in Bangalore. That seems a little too polarized for premium demand.


Wrt to HKG, HYD HKG is 4x weekly if im not wrong whereas from BLR its served daily by KA A333 and then we have 9W & 6E planning BLR HKG flights this WS. AFAIK the BLR HKG premium pax is high compared to HYD (in Q2 2018). But I'm not aware of the total year stats fir premium pax.
 
DSFTEBMNZ
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:56 pm

sand26391 wrote:
DSFTEBMNZ wrote:
avier wrote:

Bilateral's encompass all the airlines equally (usually, politics aside) of the said country under the agreement, so no, nothing to do with that.

....
Usually the biggest two metro's - BOM/DEL- get exclusively the main parent carriers. The other metro's get varied services since premium demand is there albeit smaller than the biggest two metro's along with lot of leisure/migrant/VFR/Student low fare paying pax, so it allows them to fragment those markets by using their subsidiaries.
So they don't have it fixed for the metros like BLR/CCU/MAA/HYD, and can send more than one of their airlines their, like SQ does.


Thanks. I was thinking along these lines, but it seems weird that Singapore has captured most of the Eastbound premium demand in Bangalore (SQ wide bodies) and not in Hyderabad, while Cathay has captured that in Hyderabad but not in Bangalore. That seems a little too polarized for premium demand.


Wrt to HKG, HYD HKG is 4x weekly if im not wrong whereas from BLR its served daily by KA A333 and then we have 9W & 6E planning BLR HKG flights this WS. AFAIK the BLR HKG premium pax is high compared to HYD (in Q2 2018). But I'm not aware of the total year stats fir premium pax.


At the risk of belabouring the point, I’m still not sure why Cathay (Full Service parent) flies to Hyderabad while Dragon (lower cost sub?) flies to Bangalore. What you write above increases the puzzling nature of this Cathay group choice. I’ll stop here.
 
sand26391
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:11 pm

^^ Image
 
avier
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:07 pm

DSFTEBMNZ wrote:

At the risk of belabouring the point, I’m still not sure why Cathay (Full Service parent) flies to Hyderabad while Dragon (lower cost sub?) flies to Bangalore. What you write above increases the puzzling nature of this Cathay group choice. I’ll stop here.


Maybe the absence of SQ wide bodies at HYD has given CX a chance to serve the HYD-HKG route well having a full monopoly, mainly catering the US west coast market. Even HYD is an IT hub, and so has demand to the IT hubs in US.
At BLR the SQ group dominates well, so the Dragon service by CX. All this just my take on it.
 
sabby
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:59 pm

I believe someone mentioned once in this forum that HKG has 3 + 3 cities daily bilateral with India with those 3 each being granted to two different airlines. Hence CX flies to 3 cities and KA flies the other 3 cities. Both BLR and HYD get the A330 from KA and CX respectively although not sure if one is regional and the other is in long haul config or both regional.
 
fiestyemus
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:23 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 pm

A few major new routes from AI, including those previously announced along with new ones, are now confirmed. These include BOM-FRA, BOM-JFK, BLR-LHR, BLR-BKK, and CCU-BKK.
 
User avatar
Irehdna
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm

fiestyemus wrote:
A few major new routes from AI, including those previously announced along with new ones, are now confirmed. These include BOM-FRA, BOM-JFK, BLR-LHR, BLR-BKK, and CCU-BKK.


On the AI website BOM-FRA seems bookable now, none of the others are though. Hopefully the others will come online soon.
 
voxkel
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:35 pm

BOM-JFK will be a daily non-stop starting October 28. No word on whether 77L or 77W and if this is replacing BOM-EWR.

BOM-FRA and BLR-LHR will be 4x/wk flights starting October 16, both on 788. BOM-FRA seems bookable, the other two routing give errors on the AI website.
 
User avatar
CPS001
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:12 pm

sabby wrote:
I believe someone mentioned once in this forum that HKG has 3 + 3 cities daily bilateral with India with those 3 each being granted to two different airlines. Hence CX flies to 3 cities and KA flies the other 3 cities. Both BLR and HYD get the A330 from KA and CX respectively although not sure if one is regional and the other is in long haul config or both regional.


CX flies to 4 cities in India - MAA, BOM, HYD, DEL. KA flies to the other 2. So not sure about the 3+3.

On the topic of CX and KA, CX will upgauge MAA/BOM/DEL-HKG to B777-300ER from A330 this winter.
Follow me on Flickr
Subscribe to my channel on YouTube
 
ssreekanth2000
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 pm

fiestyemus wrote:
A few major new routes from AI, including those previously announced along with new ones, are now confirmed. These include BOM-FRA, BOM-JFK, BLR-LHR, BLR-BKK, and CCU-BKK.

Where is AI getting planes for these new long hauls? no new 787s entered service recently right?
 
binayak
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 am

ssreekanth2000 wrote:
fiestyemus wrote:
A few major new routes from AI, including those previously announced along with new ones, are now confirmed. These include BOM-FRA, BOM-JFK, BLR-LHR, BLR-BKK, and CCU-BKK.

Where is AI getting planes for these new long hauls? no new 787s entered service recently right?

Their spare planes are being better utilized.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:37 am

How did AI manage to secure slots at LHR to launch BLR-LHR?
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:28 am

Another round of IndiGo expansion at Kochi wef 01DEC18
Kochi - Bhubaneshwar, 1st freq
Kochi - Goa, 1st freq
Kochi - Vizag, 1st freq
Kochi - Kolkata, 2nd freq
Kochi - Ahmedabad, 2nd freq (ex Sunday)

85,000+ monthly seats scheduled to be added at Kochi from mid Nov
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 am

Today's inaugural CCU-PYG has been delayed by an hour owing to poor weather at PYG. Given its geography I suspect this will be a regular issue with flights to/from PYG.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.
 
Nimish
Posts: 2955
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:46 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:44 am

fiestyemus wrote:
A few major new routes from AI, including those previously announced along with new ones, are now confirmed. These include BOM-FRA, BOM-JFK, BLR-LHR, BLR-BKK, and CCU-BKK.


Wow - I expect a blood bath on BLR-BKK/ BLR-SIN sectors with AI/ IX entering and competing now with the LCCs from South East Asia + 6E + 9W! BLR-LHR is mighty unexpected too - what happened to "hub DEL"?
Incredible India!
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 1334
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - 2018 (2)

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 am

There is no limit to the experiments you can do when you have zero financial accountability.
India: World's fastest growing major economy. World's fastest growing aviation market.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos